Umari Senju

Legendary
Kin
238💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
People have secrets that they don't want shared and I am not an open book either. I believe it's important to work and try to understand one another and I believe the journey to get to that point is one of the key factors that make it so valuable.

Making it easy like that seems like it would cheapen things.

Also the sudden loss of personal boundaries between you and others seems like it will cause friction

Also hypnotizing them to tell me what they are planning against me doesn't seem mean to me. Safety measures :Sparks:

Not canon :|
This is true. Think of it as being like Jean Grey or Proffessor X: I wouldn't go around just casually invading people's thoughts or memories....I wouldn't want to either. Could you imagine the dark and perverse thoughts you'd hear doing that? It would be a permission thing. A trust thing. In other words you still have to form bonds the traditional way before doing something like that and even then I would use it in a situation where I just couldn't understand the person and they me and they give me permission to do so.

But like anything even ocular powers it's a matter of who is using it. I may do no such thing, but someone else may have no qualms about forcing their ideals on others or ripping private memories from another.

It doesn't make the powers bad just how the person is using them.

Last edited:

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This is true. Think of it as being like Jean Grey or Proffessor X: I wouldn't go around just casually invading people's thoughts or memories....I wouldn't want to either. Could you imagine the dark and perverse thoughts you'd hear doing that? It would be a permission thing. A trust thing. In other words you still have to form bonds the traditional way before doing something like that and even then I would use it in a situation where I just couldn't understand the person and they me and they give me permission to do so.

But like anything even ocular powers it's a matter of who is using it. I may do no such thing, but someone else may have no qualms about forcing their ideals on others or ripping private memories from another.

It doesn't make the powers bad just how the person is using them.
Looking at the ninshuu occurrences in manga the sharing feelings thing doesn't see like something where one could control how deep you probe

Umari Senju

Legendary
Kin
238💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Looking at the ninshuu occurrences in manga the sharing feelings thing doesn't see like something where one could control how deep you probe
But they never really asked if they could do it first though did they? I can understand Naruto's case. They were in the middle of a war and people were dying so he through it on them to keep them alive. It was a "necessary evil" so to speak to keep more from dying.

I can't speak for Hagoromo. I don't know if he just forced it upon everyone or if he actually asked permission. But even so that's kind of a bad example. It's not Hagoromo's fault that others decided to use it for more war. He tried something during a war torn time and it backfired no doubt. Again it doesn't make the power any less usuful or worse. Than using genjutsu to trick someone into divulging what they are planing against you as you stated above. It the same thing honestly. Both powers can be abused or used for good intent. But what others decide to do with the result really isn't your fault now is it :hint:

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
But they never really asked if they could do it first though did they? I can understand Naruto's case. They were in the middle of a war and people were dying so he through it on them to keep them alive. It was a "necessary evil" so to speak to keep more from dying.

I can't speak for Hagoromo. I don't know if he just forced it upon everyone or if he actually asked permission. But even so that's kind of a bad example. It's not Hagoromo's fault that others decided to use it for more war. He tried something during a war torn time and it backfired no doubt. Again it doesn't make the power any less usuful or worse. Than using genjutsu to trick someone into divulging what they are planing against you as you stated above. It the same thing honestly. Both powers can be abused or used for good intent. But what others decide to do with the result really isn't your fault now is it :hint:
No the difference with me is that I don't care whether it's wrong or not. I plan on wiping their memories anyway. I won't use it on loved ones, though.... hopefully >_> trampling over the will of those you care about is bad, but there may come a time where it may be necessary

Umari Senju

Legendary
Kin
238💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No the difference with me is that I don't care whether it's wrong or not. I plan on wiping their memories anyway. I won't use it on loved ones, though.... hopefully >_> trampling over the will of those you care about is bad, but there may come a time where it may be necessary
Then I rest my case. As I said its about different tastes. Doesn't mean ocular is better than body or vise versa. Just what you're more inclined to and how you would use it. No more no less :win:

Retsu

Elite
Kin
52💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Body all day, without genjutsu ocular powers can't do jack in the real world without drawing unwanted attention whereas the power of the body could really let you excel in life yet no one would ever suspect a thing about you. Anything that requires high endurance or intensive labor you'd excel at.

LoZelda101

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
eye sight easily, so much you can do with it such as genjutsu, precog, lip read, copy, see through stuff, it has the most potential. the body is worthless outside of sports, military and some lame labor job.

Last edited: