Supreme
Kin
5,430💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: [Manhwa] Noblesse: general discussions and latest chapters thread

The fans will invade Korea if Rai dies :p But I think it will happen. The author just has to "kill" him in a proper (probably cliche) way.
Or make a plot twist and have him lose his powers or whatever. Just to live a short life in the new world among the people he loves. I don't want him to leave as a messiah that lived houndrends (thousands?) years just to make sure that some rules where followed and the evil were punished.
Actually the second ending is also cliche. Have seen that before. :p

LOL that's a funny and quite cynical way to see it. But if you think about it, his role is indeed to take care of the "environment" and make sure that "his own kind" isn't hurting the "weaker". The comparison isn't 100% valid but it isn't wrong either.
Hence the comparison.:heh:

To put it simply one can get away with trying to kill him but not if they hurt the people whom he extended his protection to, no matter how long ago that was. I remember that when I started reading it I read somewhere( don't remember it was a manga or a discussion somewhere) that the idea is that the phrase "Noblesse oblige" comes from Rai and that nobles called themselves Nobles because they copied him as an ideal and by the definition :

Noblesse oblige:
1- Whoever claims to be noble must conduct himself nobly.
2- (Figuratively) One must act in a fashion that conforms to one's position, and with the reputation that one has earned.​
Humans asked for protection and he extended it to them and still feels obligated to fulfill that old promise.

Poor nobles(rest of Lukedonians) just live too damn long to keep up. They or at least most of them, didn't realize how tiresome it would turn out in the long run.:yeah:

Rai acts like some kind of punishment god though. Not that the traitors show any repentance at all but again, he is there to punish anyone of his kind that is abusing power. He punishes them by eradication though, which leaves them no room to repent after the punishment, making the punishment ineffective. I don't exactly approve of his methods no matter how epic they are.
In the end he ends up following Frankenstein's ways. Frankenstein just kills whoever is opposing him and his master. No rules, no "I kill you because you broke a law" no nothing. But Frankenstein isn't the Noblesse, he has no such responsibilities.
Huh I don't think Rai sees himself that way. Punishment is not his job. Wherever the punishment system works he lets the things take their normal course. He is not patrolling the city to fight crime. He deals with the problem which must be sorted out and it usually means that the threat was too sever and permanent/recurring nature and there is little chance of improvement. He can read people and sense their thoughts and inner feeling remember? Otherwise Franki would have been a goner a long time ago. He let M21 and M24 go after their first encounter even though at that stage both of them looked just two murderers. It's only after that we slowly learned that those two were not that evil.

The werewolf lady can't just leave without lifting a finger. Then again she can't really attack the elders. The only role she can play there is in the event Muzaka is awoken. Assuming that he is a werewolf, that should be the reason the author placed 2 werewolves there now.
That's a good guess.

As for Ikhan and Shinwoo, I could only see Shinwoo becoming some sort of KSA agent on his own will. I find no other reason for the KSA couple to remain in the plot as they are completely useless for anything else than training him.
Shinwoo is a badass by the way and he would be a great fighter.
Ikhan on the other hand can't become Tao even in his wildest dreams. He can rival him in being a hacker/cracker but Tao is more than that. He can fight, he has the brains to fight in a smart way against stronger opponents, he can lead others and conduct a fight from far away, he has courage and he has shown to be fearless at times. He is really good, that Tao, lol. After all he is the guy Frankenstein trusts when he leaves.
Tao has leadership skills. ^^ Ikhan Well yea. He hasn't shown that kind of capacity so far. Still he could help out with hacking and surveillance and give Tao more time to take care of other business.

Last edited:

Frankenstein

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Huh I don't think Rai sees himself that way. Punishment is not his job. Wherever the punishment system works he lets the things take their normal course. He is not patrolling the city to fight crime. He deals with the problem which must be sorted out and it usually means that the threat was to sever and permanent/recurring nature and there is little chance of improvement. He can read people and sense their thoughts and inner feeling remember? Otherwise Franki would have been a goner a long time ago. He let M21 and M24 go after their first encounter even though at that stage both of them looked just two murderers. It's only after that we slowly learned that those two were not that evil.
Hmm yeah I guess you are right but then again Frankenstein was a strange case. He came unarmed and emanated a strange aura because of the dark spear. Rai saw he was troubled but he wasn't hostile at all. M-21 and M-24 were very very weak and they hadn't harmed the children yet. Back then Rai and Franky were practically not even trying.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I predict a death for today, anyone with me? (the old man is being spared 2 chapters now) :heh:

Osagyefo

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Totally loved this chapter...
The 9th elder consumed by the dark spear, FrankyXWolfie confirmed:yay: and the dark spear created by the union,:Omg: simply breathtaking!

I really do hope Rai doesn't over-exert himself, I really don't want him forced into eternal sleep.

Just BTW who misses those hilarious Noblesse endings?

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,430💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Frankie fed the bug to his crazy GF!!

You must be registered for see images

Frankie was just awesome and finally we know how he got the dark spear.

Rai is not distracted anymore but it seems like he is going to exert himself after all.. T_T

And yea I missed the hilarious ending but I am hoping for some fun panels next chapter.

Last edited:

Frankenstein

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Poor old man got trolled :p

The rule is that Rai's fights don't last longer than 2-3 chapters so...bad news for Roctis? He did power up but Rai should still manage to "delete" him.
On the other hand, this time Rai just can't escape losing conciousness after using that attack again. If he does he will become something like Kakashi with Kamui.

The 5th elder flat out made the moves on Frankenstein Lol. She should tell him her name some day. So that we get to know it too damnit!

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,430💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Poor old man got trolled :p

The rule is that Rai's fights don't last longer than 2-3 chapters so...bad news for Roctis? He did power up but Rai should still manage to "delete" him.
On the other hand, this time Rai just can't escape losing conciousness after using that attack again. If he does he will become something like Kakashi with Kamui.

The 5th elder flat out made the moves on Frankenstein Lol. She should tell him her name some day. So that we get to know it too damnit!
Yea it seems this fight is going to cost Rai a big one.

I wonder what happens to soul weapons of the nobles in cases Rai is the one to put them to sleep... If Roctis dies Ignis will get his seat in the union and probably his soul weapon she had her eyes for a long time. He might die for her but she typically seem to care for the goodies more than her father.

And lol Yea but this time around flirting was done with ulterior motive. Fth was avoiding telling him the truth.

Frankenstein

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Yea it seems this fight is going to cost Rai a big one.

I wonder what happens to soul weapons of the nobles in cases Rai is the one to put them to sleep... If Roctis dies Ignis will get his seat in the union and probably his soul weapon she had her eyes for a long time. He might die for her but she typically seem to care for the goodies more than her father.

And lol Yea but this time around flirting was done with ulterior motive. Fth was avoiding telling him the truth.
I think the soul weapon should normally go to Ignes. The problem is whether she will manage to survive. Btw "she had her eyes on" the soul weapon huh? Quite an ironic thing to say right now :heh:

I think so too. But out of all the things she could say to dodge the conversation that's what she said :p

Supermacaquecool

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I just read the latest chapter. I came too damm late, there's very little to add XD Amm...so let's see...Rai might collapse after that or not, yet to be seen.
Anyway, the union will find out without a doubt what the 4th and the 9th were working on and also that Ignes used a clan leader plus Regis and Rael as test subjects. If anything, this has to add tension with the relations with lukedonia, maybe we might see a full-stride war between both sides soon....(hope that of full-stride makes sense XD English is not native language and I have some doubts about it).
Hum...Since Ignes was the 9th colleague..might it be possible she doesn't get a seat as elder? You know, for messing around that much and going out to the human world when the other elders wanted to be prudent...The internal disputes within the Union might or not get aggravated.

Frankenstein

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

The internal disputes within the Union might or not get aggravated.
Well, the only person who profited from all this is none other than Crombell. He will get a promotion no doubt since all numbers between him and 3 will be eradicated. Also his rival in science within the union, the 9th, is resting in the dark spear.

Osagyefo

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Epic, epic chapter today!!! Can't wait for the English translation.

Paramour

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Unbelievable. I really liked this week chapter expect the fact that it ended too soon. I wanted to see how Raizel's condition was, but alas. I think we all can guess how horribly weakened he must be.

Roctis, did it all for his own daughter. I can see now and understand the pain he has been going through. Like the other two clan leaders who betrayed Rai. He resemblance a lot to Urokai. Ikr, huh? I mean the arrogant attitude, and the sad talk afterwards when he's been taking off his right to live.

I loved how he had such feelings for Rai, even though that was in the very end. When he first heard about Rai appearance, he was the ONLY person who was shivering cold!

I like how every enemy think they can beat Raizel up, I mean even though WE know they can't. I hate seeing that He is putting his life in danger for the likes of them.

Lastly, I want to know what will happen to Roctis' daughter. I'm curious to know since she mean the world to him. Really curious what they will do about her, I don't think Raizel will kill an blind little girl, but I also don't think he would be able to let her flee... After what she has done – to his friends and innocent humans.

:x3:

Last edited:

Frankenstein

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Well, in a way it was repetitive, since once again the enemy went all out and once again weakened Rai just overpowered him and that's it.
On the other hand, it's good that this happened since now it's obvious that he can't fight anymore. At all. So something will change and it's interesting to see what that is going to be.

Muzaka. Needs. To. Awaken.
I am very curious as to who this guy is and what kind of character he is going to be.
And he will. Right now on the island only Ignes remains so the others, Frankenstein and Rajak or the werewolves will sure search it well before leaving. Especially the werewolves, as this was supposed to be their mission.

Paramour

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Well, in a way it was repetitive, since once again the enemy went all out and once again weakened Rai just overpowered him and that's it.
On the other hand, it's good that this happened since now it's obvious that he can't fight anymore. At all. So something will change and it's interesting to see what that is going to be.

Muzaka. Needs. To. Awaken.
I am very curious as to who this guy is and what kind of character he is going to be.
And he will. Right now on the island only Ignes remains so the others, Frankenstein and Rajak or the werewolves will sure search it well before leaving. Especially the werewolves, as this was supposed to be their mission.
;-; Rai won't be able to fight? >..> He needs a lot of rest, that is it. .. I hope. >.<

Aaaanywaaay, @bold; my exact thoughts! Remember when I told you about my dumb theory; Muzaka's relationship with Franky? Quite weird but something is telling me he has a click between the betrayal years before Raizel's disappearance. :p

Just. Something. >.<

Or maybe he is just another rare (successful) experiment. :|

I wish the 3th elder would give something away about Muzaka at his final hour, but I guess Franky didn't want to waste time. lol!

That werewolf bastard better not pick a fight up with Rai! :|

Edit; I was wondering about M-24. Remember when Yuri called him (fake) Marc, just to overpower him by faking his (m24) identity? Maybe he trolled him and his name really marc. >.>

I just don't want M-21 to have such a boring name! >:c

Damn curiosity! D:

Last edited:

Frankenstein

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Aaaanywaaay, @bold; my exact thoughts! Remember when I told you about my dumb theory; Muzaka's relationship with Franky? Quite weird but something is telling me he has a click between the betrayal years before Raizel's disappearance. :p

Edit; I was wondering about M-24. Remember when Yuri called him (fake) Marc, just to overpower him by faking his (m24) identity? Maybe he trolled him and his name really marc. >.>

I just don't want M-21 to have such a boring name! >:c

Damn curiosity! D:
Well yeah I remember but now that you said it, a (probably stupid) theory came to my mind. It's probably nonsense but here it it goes;

Franken said he experimented on both nobles and werewolves back in his union years. We have seen him experimenting on nobles but never on werewolves. Now, the 9th elder wasn't that OP so he must have found Muzaka (who does seem OP) weakened or Muzaka was already a specimen the union had acquired before the werewolves joined it. Remember, Muzaka is old, and so is Frankenstein.
So, what if Muzaka was the werewolf Frankenstein experimented on?

Nah, Muzaka seems better than that. It would be an awkward reunion though lol.

As for M-21, well M-21 is a very cool name. But everybody has a nice name in this manwha so if he ever gets one it's going to be cool.

Osagyefo

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

So now that Roctis is dead, will Ignes inherit that troublesome soul weapon?

Osagyefo

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I think it's Roctis' choice whether she will or not. It would be a first if she doesn't though.

Then I guess she'll get it. Her main reason for the experiments was her lack of a soul weapon, and inheriting her father's might make her turn over a new leaf (that expression made me remember my primary school days=D).
I wonder what Rai will do to her now...
Finally caught up with Kingdom, another gem of a manga

Paramour

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Well yeah I remember but now that you said it, a (probably stupid) theory came to my mind. It's probably nonsense but here it it goes;

Franken said he experimented on both nobles and werewolves back in his union years. We have seen him experimenting on nobles but never on werewolves. Now, the 9th elder wasn't that OP so he must have found Muzaka (who does seem OP) weakened or Muzaka was already a specimen the union had acquired before the werewolves joined it. Remember, Muzaka is old, and so is Frankenstein.
So, what if Muzaka was the werewolf Frankenstein experimented on?

Nah, Muzaka seems better than that. It would be an awkward reunion though lol.

As for M-21, well M-21 is a very cool name. But everybody has a nice name in this manwha so if he ever gets one it's going to be cool.
I will reply later on this! For now enjoy this picture:

You must be registered for see images

AND Happy New Year Everyone!! <'3 :3

Reactions: Pekoms
Status
Not open for further replies.