Deviation

Legendary
Kin
243💸
Kumi
171💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There was a girl sitting next to him now. Though nothing of importance was happening in the tavern - the man who had peaked Kabuto's curiosity and inadvertently led to his position, from which he could gather more information to find the man he needed, had left the tavern, and no one else seemed interesting - this woman would be distracting if anything were to happen and he would miss it. As such, Kabuto decided to ignore her and sip from his mug, continuing to subtly observe the area around him.

The girl moved, now sitting on the bar directly in front of him (yes, I'm sitting at the actual bar, not a booth). Forcing his eyes up so that he could not be mistaken as a pervert due to the girl's new height in relation to himself, Kabuto looked up at her with yellow, slit-like eyes. As he recognized the woman's face, his navel snake hissed quietly within his robes.
Ssensei? Admire? You flatter me so, even with all that has happened. Lord Orochimaru's experiments, as carried out by myself... I had expected that to, I don't know, sour our "relationship". But if you insist on pretending your past hasn't happened - or rather, remains in the past and cannot be changed, though our present is ours to choose - then I should expect that what you have to give me is of rather importance...
Kabuto looked down again, towards the woman's left knee, as he looked at his scaly, white right hand. A side effect of his experiments - his assimilation of Lord Orochimaru - but at least it was one he could bare. Then he looked back up at the woman.
You want me to make a difference, and not just that, but for others? "Make a difference for your people, and all kinsmen alike who share the same goal"? Why should I? I am here to find out who I am, and to help build myself to that goal; I don't have time for others unless what I get in return is greater than what I give... Which brings me to this: If I accept your message, and anything that which would come along with it, what's in it for me?

After hearing Kabuto-sama speak, she took it all in and looked down with a saddened expression. She then looked up towards a window and focused on the light shining out of it. She was reminded of all the hardships she endured especially when Orochimaru had taken her in. All the experiments...all the countless hours in isolation. She had no friends before then and up till now she was perplexed at the bonds she had created. Were they real or were they "temporary conveniences"? She kept looking up at the window as she replied to Kabuto-sama.

"I cannot deny, to you of all people, that I did not suffer any hardships while confined by Orochimaru. But nonetheless, he created a bond with me. Even if I am a failed test subject, he reached out to me and took care of me. It doesn't matter that the conditions were poor. Up until then, I was all alone. I was scared and hungry. I had no purpose, no goal other than to stay alive. But with Orochimaru...I was able to find a reason to live even if it was a messed up one.

I am not like everyone else Kabuto-sama. There are somethings I do not fear anymore and some things that I can't tell other people because of the fear that they won't understand me. I can question myself all I want but in the end, I am Karin. I can be many things but where would that lead me? No where good that's where. If you want to find yourself, be honest. Don't try being someone you are not and be yourself. But even then...we are in the same place somehow. I don't know who I am other than what people tell me and for now...that's who I'll be.

But as for making a difference...it is easy to shut the world out and think only of yourself because it is safe. No one can harm you or say anything to you that can hurt you. But in the end, you become delusional and instead of hurting others, you hurt yourself. You begin to die inside until there is nothing left but a deep void which nothing but love can fill. Knowing that pain...that hardship...you then begin to recognize it in everyone around you and realize you aren't alone. No matter how strong you look, deep inside...everyone is hurting. We all need help...someone to reach their hand to us and tell us it will be alright. For how long though is up to how long you want to keep it going.

You should know more than me about suffering. You have been out in the world longer than I have. I am now just experiencing the world through these young eyes. Though slowly, this bright optimism is fading as I start to realize just how cruel humanity is. But if you don't make a change to make a change, then you are no better than they (those who cause pain to others consciously) are.

My proposal to you is not about joining some ragtag group of misfits, but rather to be part of something bigger...something much more than a village, more than a country or its interests. I want you to be part of something that will use your talents of persuasion to bring about a change in this war-torn world. Even if for a little while, the less bloodshed that can be spilled the better. You know they say where two or three agree, great things can come about. So, sensei Kabuto, will you accept this message? It is filled with the hopes and dreams of all shinobi to one day come together as one. I believe it is about time such a thing occurred given the last time was a fluke."

With that Karin then looked at Kabuto's eyes. She did not urk in disgust as she did before. She looked deep within for the man she once met. Though Kabuto had been a mere tool in the past, she could see that he had now the means to be whatever he wanted. He was free though trapped in a form not his. Though Karin had a brash personality, she was still a human. She understood people's pain and knew that no matter how horrifying Kabuto can be, he was still human.

Last edited:

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

After hearing Kabuto-sama speak, she took it all in and looked down with a saddened expression. She then looked up towards a window and focused on the light shining out of it. She was reminded of all the hardships she endured especially when Orochimaru had taken her in. All the experiments...all the countless hours in isolation. She had no friends before then and up till now she was perplexed at the bonds she had created. Were they real or were they "temporary conveniences"? She kept looking up at the window as she replied to Kabuto-sama.

"I cannot deny, to you of all people, that I did not suffer any hardships while confined by Orochimaru. But nonetheless, he created a bond with me. Even if I am a failed test subject, he reached out to me and took care of me. It doesn't matter that the conditions were poor. Up until then, I was all alone. I was scared and hungry. I had no purpose, no goal other than to stay alive. But with Orochimaru...I was able to find a reason to live even if it was a messed up one.

I am not like everyone else Kabuto-sama. There are somethings I do not fear anymore and some things that I can't tell other people because of the fear that they won't understand me. I can question myself all I want but in the end, I am Karin. I can be many things but where would that lead me? No where good that's where. If you want to find yourself, be honest. Don't try being someone you are not and be yourself. But even then...we are in the same place somehow. I don't know who I am other than what people tell me and for now...that's who I'll be.

But as for making a difference...it is easy to shut the world out and think only of yourself because it is safe. No one can harm you or say anything to you that can hurt you. But in the end, you become delusional and instead of hurting others, you hurt yourself. You begin to die inside until there is nothing left but a deep void which nothing but love can fill. Knowing that pain...that hardship...you then begin to recognize it in everyone around you and realize you aren't alone. No matter how strong you look, deep inside...everyone is hurting. We all need help...someone to reach their hand to us and tell us it will be alright. For how long though is up to how long you want to keep it going.

You should know more than me about suffering. You have been out in the world longer than I have. I am now just experiencing the world through these young eyes. Though slowly, this bright optimism is fading as I start to realize just how cruel humanity is. But if you don't make a change to make a change, then you are no better than they (those who cause pain to others consciously) are.

My proposal to you is not about joining some ragtag group of misfits, but rather to be part of something bigger...something much more than a village, more than a country or its interests. I want you to be part of something that will use your talents of persuasion to bring about a change in this war-torn world. Even if for a little while, the less bloodshed that can be spilled the better. You know they say where two or three agree, great things can come about. So, sensei Kabuto, will you accept this message? It is filled with the hopes and dreams of all shinobi to one day come together as one. I believe it is about time such a thing occurred given the last time was a fluke."

With that Karin then looked at Kabuto's eyes. She did not urk in disgust as she did before. She looked deep within for the man she once met. Though Kabuto had been a mere tool in the past, she could see that he had now the means to be whatever he wanted. He was free though trapped in a form not his. Though Karin had a brash personality, she was still a human. She understood people's pain and knew that no matter how horrifying Kabuto can be, he was still human.
This woman was talking to him about pain. What did she know about pain? What did anyone know!?
They've lived a tough life? I'm sure they have. Grown up without knowing your parents? Check - it's a common one for those claiming a "hard life". Losing the one person who looked after you, the one person who was a role-model for you? Check. Knowing that you killed her yourself in panic because she was sent to kill you, the one she called "son", and didn't even recognize you as she did it!? F***ING CHECK!!
Kabuto clenched his fist as he thought through the pain he's dealt with in his life. "A deep void which nothing but love can fill"? What kind of nonsense is that? They were shinobi, emotions were not needed by shinobi - and he knew why. Placing his near-empty mug next to the woman's left knee, Kabuto stood up from his seat, his navel snake slithering into his right sleeve, the ring still around its fang.

There once was a person I trusted... One who would reach out their hand and tell me it was alright. There was another one after her, but I knew how to handle it the second time. No emotions, no attachments - just business. They're both dead now, but because I handled the second one like a shinobi, I left unscathed.
Kabuto paused.
I think it's best for me to leave now.
Beginning to turn around, Kabuto glanced around the tavern for Consuela. When he couldn't find her, he simply smirked.
Off having some fun while I'm stuck here having some sort of "deep conversation"? You truly are evil, miss Akatsuki.

Deviation

Legendary
Kin
243💸
Kumi
171💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This woman was talking to him about pain. What did she know about pain? What did anyone know!?
They've lived a tough life? I'm sure they have. Grown up without knowing your parents? Check - it's a common one for those claiming a "hard life". Losing the one person who looked after you, the one person who was a role-model for you? Check. Knowing that you killed her yourself in panic because she was sent to kill you, the one she called "son", and didn't even recognize you as she did it!? F***ING CHECK!!
Kabuto clenched his fist as he thought through the pain he's dealt with in his life. "A deep void which nothing but love can fill"? What kind of nonsense is that? They were shinobi, emotions were not needed by shinobi - and he knew why. Placing his near-empty mug next to the woman's left knee, Kabuto stood up from his seat, his navel snake slithering into his right sleeve, the ring still around its fang.

There once was a person I trusted... One who would reach out their hand and tell me it was alright. There was another one after her, but I knew how to handle it the second time. No emotions, no attachments - just business. They're both dead now, but because I handled the second one like a shinobi, I left unscathed.
Kabuto paused.
I think it's best for me to leave now.
Beginning to turn around, Kabuto glanced around the tavern for Consuela. When he couldn't find her, he simply smirked.
Off having some fun while I'm stuck here having some sort of "deep conversation"? You truly are evil, miss Akatsuki.

Feeling a little insulted, Karin then responds in a dark, cold tone.

"Emotions...you may want to think like a shinobi and act like one but in the end you can't escape your origins, Michafute. We are one and the same of the same damn coin. Don't be dilluded in your own power and pretend you are invincible because that will be your downfall. You aren't the pawn you once were. Now you have a chance to right the wrongs of the past and live a different life, one not filled with lies and deceit.

You may try to discredit me but it won't work on me. My whole family...my neighbors...all killed. You were fortunate to lose only one important person. I lost my hometown...people who loved me and cared for me. Gone. And why? Because of people like you who refused to help when it was in their power to. You didn't see the things that I did and the things I went through just as much as I didn't see what you went through. But I understand your pain of losing people you care about. We both have grievances against Danzō, (looks down with a saddened expression and a softer tone) in the end it made us stronger and more resilient. You don't have to hide anymore, Kabuto. I don't care if you never join Konoha (though I would fangirl if you did) but at least stop being a coward and like the man I once knew, step up and be part of a change that is bigger than your pathetic delusion that emotions don't matter. Stop pretending and start being."

With that said, Karin marched in front of Kabuto and pulled out a scroll. It was sealed with a wax stamp, imprinted with the Hokage's signature symbol, a leaf. She looked sternly at Kabuto in the face hoping he would react, not aggresively, but at least complacently. Karin now spoke with a more kinder tone speaking with utmost sincerety.

"Kabuto...don't walk away from the one chance you have to change things not just for my village, but for a place we both know so well. Kiri. I may not look like it but I once called that place home and so did you. If we don't do it for anyone else, at least do it for the once noble and proud Kiri-nin. Not the vagabonds that now inhabit its halls. That place has become a den of thieves and prostitutes that shadow the former glory it once held. So please, accept this message I have for you and decide which path you will take, one of a better future or one of despair and nothingness. Just keep in mind, crops grow on good land not scorched earth. That includes research."

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Feeling a little insulted, Karin then responds in a dark, cold tone.

"Emotions...you may want to think like a shinobi and act like one but in the end you can't escape your origins, Michafute. We are one and the same of the same damn coin. Don't be dilluded in your own power and pretend you are invincible because that will be your downfall. You aren't the pawn you once were. Now you have a chance to right the wrongs of the past and live a different life, one not filled with lies and deceit.

You may try to discredit me but it won't work on me. My whole family...my neighbors...all killed. You were fortunate to lose only one important person. I lost my hometown...people who loved me and cared for me. Gone. And why? Because of people like you who refused to help when it was in their power to. You didn't see the things that I did and the things I went through just as much as I didn't see what you went through. But I understand your pain of losing people you care about. We both have grievances against Danzō, (looks down with a saddened expression and a softer tone) in the end it made us stronger and more resilient. You don't have to hide anymore, Kabuto. I don't care if you never join Konoha (though I would fangirl if you did) but at least stop being a coward and like the man I once knew, step up and be part of a change that is bigger than your pathetic delusion that emotions don't matter. Stop pretending and start being."

With that said, Karin marched in front of Kabuto and pulled out a scroll. It was sealed with a wax stamp, imprinted with the Hokage's signature symbol, a leaf. She looked sternly at Kabuto in the face hoping he would react, not aggresively, but at least complacently. Karin now spoke with a more kinder tone speaking with utmost sincerety.

"Kabuto...don't walk away from the one chance you have to change things not just for my village, but for a place we both know so well. Kiri. I may not look like it but I once called that place home and so did you. If we don't do it for anyone else, at least do it for the once noble and proud Kiri-nin. Not the vagabonds that now inhabit its halls. That place has become a den of thieves and prostitutes that shadow the former glory it once held. So please, accept this message I have for you and decide which path you will take, one of a better future or one of despair and nothingness. Just keep in mind, crops grow on good land not scorched earth. That includes research."
Grabbing the scroll firmly, Kabuto glared through half-closed eyes at the girl. He then proceeded to speak quietly, but with a firm tone, as if he wanted to yell but was trying to keep the conversation to just them.
If I take this will you leave it be!? Your family, your neighbors, your hometown - what of it!? At least you have the memory... I can't even begin to fathom all I have lost. It was all gone before I can remember. I was found, and on a battlefield no less, and from there raised - given new memories to replace the ones I lost - only to have a monster take that person away. I shall continue my journey to find myself with but the single clue I still have: I am more than this. I am greater than I am right now, and all I have left to do is find out how much greater I can be.
Ripping the scroll from the girl's hand, Kabuto retreated his hand into his sleeve, having his navel snake swallow the scroll to be examined later, the paper passing over the fang with the ring loosely hanging around it.
And don't even bring up that village... I had made a deal with a man, and that was my sole purpose for being there. I cared not about anything within its walls, and when he died, I left. It means nothing to me.
Pushing the girl aside, Kabuto began to walk towards the tavern doors. He was remembering why he kept her locked up, at least until Sasuke decided she was of use.

I've taken the scroll; feel free to send the message. <.<

Deviation

Legendary
Kin
243💸
Kumi
171💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Grabbing the scroll firmly, Kabuto glared through half-closed eyes at the girl. He then proceeded to speak quietly, but with a firm tone, as if he wanted to yell but was trying to keep the conversation to just them.
If I take this will you leave it be!? Your family, your neighbors, your hometown - what of it!? At least you have the memory... I can't even begin to fathom all I have lost. It was all gone before I can remember. I was found, and on a battlefield no less, and from there raised - given new memories to replace the ones I lost - only to have a monster take that person away. I shall continue my journey to find myself with but the single clue I still have: I am more than this. I am greater than I am right now, and all I have left to do is find out how much greater I can be.
Ripping the scroll from the girl's hand, Kabuto retreated his hand into his sleeve, having his navel snake swallow the scroll to be examined later, the paper passing over the fang with the ring loosely hanging around it.
And don't even bring up that village... I had made a deal with a man, and that was my sole purpose for being there. I cared not about anything within its walls, and when he died, I left. It means nothing to me.
Pushing the girl aside, Kabuto began to walk towards the tavern doors. He was remembering why he kept her locked up, at least until Sasuke decided she was of use.

I've taken the scroll; feel free to send the message. <.<

With that said, Karin was taken aback with his reply. She then composed herself and awaited his reply so she could be on her way back home. But as he was leaving she had to remind him again.

"Ahem, Kabuto-sama, I need a reply before you leave please. Do so promptly so I can get out of your hair and leave."

Okay now reply to that message so I can leave you alone.

You play Kabuto so well that I find it hard to pinpoint his feelings. You hide them so well. xD

Last edited:

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

With that said, Karin was taken aback with his reply. She then composed herself and awaited his reply so she could be on her way back home. But as he was leaving she had to remind him again.

"Ahem, Kabuto-sama, I need a reply before you leave please. Do so promptly so I can get out of your hair and leave."

Okay now reply to that message so I can leave you alone.

You play Kabuto so well that I find it hard to pinpoint his feelings. You hide them so well. xD
Having the snake regurgitate the scroll, Kabuto held it in his right hand, his snake still hidden, and tore open the parchment. He didn't care much for the seal or opening it properly - he had places to be and things to do. There were a few letters here and there at the beginning of the letter, but Kabuto was able to understand the message clearly enough. With his back still to the woman, he answered simply.
I do not know who you think I am, or who the current Hokage thinks I am, but I lead nothing. I roam where I please, and have enemies everywhere. With no allies, I can have no followers; I cannot be called a leader. This message was meant for someone else.
Dropping the scroll, Kabuto once again began to walk towards the doors of the tavern.
Besides, even if I were to say "yes", I have some very important business to attend to... Research in far-off lands - farther than this continent. I will be gone for months and, by then, this message will have become utterly meaningless. I am not the one you seek.

Reactions: Deviation

Deviation

Legendary
Kin
243💸
Kumi
171💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Having the snake regurgitate the scroll, Kabuto held it in his right hand, his snake still hidden, and tore open the parchment. He didn't care much for the seal or opening it properly - he had places to be and things to do. There were a few letters here and there at the beginning of the letter, but Kabuto was able to understand the message clearly enough. With his back still to the woman, he answered simply.
I do not know who you think I am, or who the current Hokage thinks I am, but I lead nothing. I roam where I please, and have enemies everywhere. With no allies, I can have no followers; I cannot be called a leader. This message was meant for someone else.
Dropping the scroll, Kabuto once again began to walk towards the doors of the tavern.
Besides, even if I were to say "yes", I have some very important business to attend to... Research in far-off lands - farther than this continent. I will be gone for months and, by then, this message will have become utterly meaningless. I am not the one you seek.

And with that, Karin picked up the scroll, tucked it inside her robes, and a moments after he had left, she hurried back to Konoha with a saddened heart.

Have fun on your trip, sensei. Let me know when you get back to see how it went. :)

The Mockingjay

Legendary
Kin
484💸
Kumi
2,483💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As the water spills over the table, Jio stays calm and simply awaits the arrival of the steaming hot liquid. With the water cascading over the edge of the table, Jio simply made a small circular shield of solidified wind right above his lap (solid wind technique I don't feel like posting). The water spills onto the wind only to flow to the sides and spill to the floor on both sides of Jio. Jio wasn't even mad though, nor did he take the water incident personal. He was a smartass to heat the water like that, and she simply reacted with her own smartass antics.. All in all, he enjoyed her serious, yet playful nature. With her words leaving her lips as they did, Jio fixated his facial expression into that of a serious one; it was time to get to business..

Ahhhh you want to know my true intentions eh?? Well, it's simple... I'm looking for a certain man, or even his little lackey. I think you may be able to help me, and in return I could return a favor.

Jio closed his eyes for a split second and took a deep breathe, exhaling soon after.. He wanted what was his, but first he needed to find those certain people. If this "king" wasn't around anymore, Jio was sure his little right hand man would know of his whereabouts..

You see, I'm looking for the "King" of Ancrath... He goes by the name of Garret Hawke. At one point he was a part of the criminal organization, Akatsuki.. He owns all these islands and controls this particular set of lands. Following behind him and doing his every wish is another man; Hannibal.... Could you help me?
A switch flicked in her brain, a picture flashing before her eyes. She knew of the man, had seen him around, but know where he was? She did not. She sighed, her unknowing of the mans location would surely make this conversation longer than she cared for... But what could she do? She was many things, but a liar? Heh.

"I know him. Last I heard he was headed to Konoha to deal with something from his past. I couldn't tell you more than that however, I hope that helps."

She slides down in her chair, withdrawing her body into the shadowy darkness that the corner of the room provides. Although, she can never truly conceal herself... Her eyes could sparkle even inside a black hole.

Ero-Sennin

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Pride opens his eyes in the booth he fell asleep in, Damn, i guess i fell asleep while day dreaming. I wonder if anyone is here to chat with. The last time i talked with any other ninja was the day i left the leaf village a year ago. After pondering on his past, Pride stands up and places the hilt of his sword on the table.

Oy! Is anyone here?

Ero-Sennin

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Pride looks at this ninja who had called him boy.
The nerves ninja have today calling me a boy, i am obviously no boy, i have no childish traits about me. Pride then slams the hilt on the table once more.

Oy! i am no boy! What business do you have here anyways?

Twilight

Elite
Kin
826💸
Kumi
3,282💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"Seriously, i feel like whooping your ass right now but i won't so its your lucky day" then he continues to drink trying to put his mind straight on a focus which is to get a mission from an awesome ninja.

Ero-Sennin

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Pride smiles with an evil grin on his face "I believe its your lucky day today"

Pride then re sheaths his sword and then walks out of the bar and continues on his journey throughout the ninja world.

Im blood thirsty again but I must refrain myself from doing anything I might regret and keep my head forward throughout this journey of mine.

NightKiing

Elite
Kin
1,131💸
Kumi
4,263💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Pride smiles with an evil grin on his face "I believe its your lucky day today"
Pride then re sheaths his sword and then walks out of the bar and continues on his journey throughout the ninja world.
Im blood thirsty again but I must refrain myself from doing anything I might regret and keep my head forward throughout this journey of mine.
Sokka hearing the mans word got angry and throws a kunai at the mans right eye,sokka then stands up