Status
Not open for further replies.
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Have to say I really liked the final chapter. The ending of Sasuke's character arc and the note on which he left the village again was really well-done, in particular. Overall it made me pretty excited to see the last movie! Certain aspects of the ending are missing closure in my opinion, so hopefully the movie sheds some light on that and acts as the proper "ending" to the series.

debrr07

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I feel like Obito did right now
Like a big gaping hole in my chest

You never truly appreciate something until it ends
Then you realise it's true worth

Naruto was great read and I'm looking forward to the (unconfirmed) mini-series of Naruto next year as well as The Last Movie

Sin3dd

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
NARUTO: Number 699 - The Seal of Reconciliation
RELEASED: NOVEMBER 10, 2014 (JAPAN)
TO THEIR SOULS OVERLAPPING BEGINS NOW...
THE LONG OVERDUE ROAD...
FATE REACHES ITS FINAL DESTINATION HERE AND NOW. WELCOME TO THE STUNNING CONCLUSION DOUBLE-ISSUE! COLOR OPENING!
Hashirama and Madara statues were holing each other's hands? I didn't know...
As predicted by fans, Sakura has come heal Sasuke & Naruto. And this time, Sasuke says: I'm sorry! to Sakura!!!...he never ever...said that, till now!
And now, Sasuke and Naruto's bond is greater than ever. They are holding each other hand and they dispelled the Infinite Tsukuyomi. Finally!!! It has been some time...
Everyone has awakened from their dreams (The Five Kages, Tenten, Shino, Shikamaru, Ino, Hinata, Kiba, Suigetsu, Jugo, Iruka, Choji and many others)...except for Guy...which looks like he's dead, but he isn't...he hasn't recovered yet since his Last Battle with Madara.
Even Orochimaru and Kabuto are back to life, but it looks like they won't do anything harmful anymore against Konoha. They are the "good shinobi" now. Too bad!
Nevertheless, Yamato is back in the world of the living, Long Time No see, Yamato!!! SpiralZetsu (Guruguru) has crumbled to death. I could include him as the last villain in NARUTO. Seems right...right? He was the last villain. He died after Madara & Kaguya.
:(( noo!! Guruguru has died. Bye, Zetsu's clone! You were a quite fascinating! The last villain of NARUTO has died. :((
After the war is finally over and everyone is safe...*I knew somehow, this exactly would happen*. The shinobi's share some moments with Neji Hyuuga, who died in the war. Rest in Peace, Neji, you were a great shinobi! Your actions in the war were valued greatly!
Time-skip: SURPRISE!!! OR NOT? Hatake Hakashi is the new Hokage!!! Hatake Kakashi is the Sixth Hokage of the Hidden Leaf. Great choice, indeed! He has many qualities of this position: leadership, knowledge, skill and many many others.
Honestly, he should have been Hokage Waaay earlier!!
Sasuke is free! That means he isn't declared a missing-nin anymore. He has been forgiven for his aid in the war.
At last, Sasuke is happy! He finally redeemed himself and understood Itachi's actions. I bet he feels sorry for killing him.
He touches Sakura's forehead just like Itachi did with himself...nice moment!
Naruto and Sasuke smiling, AMAZING, JUST AMAZING! Haven't seen these faces since ...since the beginning! But oh, wait! They never understood each other's feeling like they do now. And even when they were in Team 7 they weren't in such harmony!
Uzumaki Naruto retriving Sasuke's Konoha headband...a kindess act (meaning of this: Naruto giving back Sasuke's headband means Sasuke is always welcome back in Konoha.
He is and always be a Konoha shinobi).
GREAT CHAPTER!!!! RATE: 10/10
ONE OF THE BEST NARUTO'S CHAPTERS! I knew Kishimoto wouldn't dissapoint us. He said some weeks ago that he will do his best, and he did! Way to go, Kishimoto!
This has been the last black & white chapter of Naruto. Next chapter is the last, full-colored.
It has been 15 years of NARUTO MANGA. 15 YEARS!

NARUTO: Number 700 *FINAL* - UZUMAKI NARUTO!!
RELEASED: NOVEMBER 10, 2014 (JAPAN)
This happens after the movie Last.
Time-Skip: Naruto is a parent now. He has a boy, Boruto + Himawari, a girl.
Naruto & Hinata are parents. Sakura & Sasuke. Wow? I thought Sasuke didn't liked Sakura. He always rejected her. Anyway, their child is Sarada Uchiha.
Shikamaru & Temari. Their child is Shikadai Nara, he looks just like Shikamaru.
Sai & Ino. That was unexpected! We never seen them togheter...or I missed? Their child is Inojin Yamanaka.
Choji looks like a viking and he's with Karui...
Kakashi is not Hokage anymore...Guy on a wheelchair? What happend to him? He didn't fully recovered since his last battle with Madara?
Oonoki is still alive? Wow. This guy meet Madara when he was young and he's still alive. The other past Kages doesn't seem like they got older...only their clothes looks "old"?
Shikamaru is more and more just like his fater, Shikaku. Maybe too much!
Boruto painted the Hokage's head statues, calling Hashirama idiot, Tobirama dork, Hiruzen pervert, Minato geezer and Tsunade old had.
Konohamaru is a jounin now, Boruto-s sensei.
Finally, it has been revealed! Naruto Uzumaki is finally Hokage, the Seventh Hokage! He finally achieved his dream!
Sasuke, despite his shocking declarations is not elected Hokage. He didn't fulfilled his "Revolution". Probably he accepted Naruto as Hokage instead of him?
The Fourth Tsuchikage is Kurotsuchi, really? Is she that strong? Isn't anyone better than her in the Hidden Stone Village?
Sixth Mizukage is Chojuro, the last member of the Seven Ninja of the Swordsmen Mist.
Darui, Fifth Hokage. He was A's right hand, so...
From the last page of the chapter *had to copy this*
Once upon a time, there was a great fox spirit with nine tails.
The Fox was sealed away inside a ninja child, and over the long passing of time together, the two became close.
The boy with the fox spirit sealed inside of him was the son of the Fourth Hokage. He is now known as the Seventh Hokage.
A new terror came in the form of the Ten-Tails being revived, but the child had become a real ninja, and together with the fox spirit, they became one and were able to seal the Ten-Tails away.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVING SUPPORT FOR OUR BELOVED STORY OVER THESE 15 YEARS!!

Volume 72 will be released in the first week of February 2014. Volume 72 will be the last volume of NARUTO. Plot: The last battle between Sasuke & Naruto + Epilogue.

NARUTO: 1999 - 2014.
NARUTO, NOVEMBER 10, 2014. LAST NARUTO MANGA.
By the way, NARUTO isn't officially over, because NARUTO PART 3 has been announced. It will be a mini series with the next generation. Coming Spring 2015.
Ugh! I thought that there won't be a Part III. I know some fans are dissappointed, but let's wait, commentaries later!
Some notes:
The final page of the chapter mirrors the first page of the series. The first telling the story of how Kurama became sealed into Naruto and the latter telling the story of Naruto's life and how he became the Seventh Hokage.
On Naruto's face on the Hokage Monument, Boruto paints the Straw Hat Pirates' jolly roger, a reference to competing Weekly Shonen Jump manga One Piece by Eiichiro Oda. In return, the cover art of One Piece's chapter 766 references Naruto, and in the week's author comments section, Oda thanks Kishimoto for being his friend and rival.
The other authors for the Weekly Shonen Jump series say their farewell words to Kishimoto for finishing his work in their weekly comments.
The timeline is set many years after The Last: Naruto the Movie.

Honestly, I'm very glad that the manga has finally ended. Years back I thought it would end in 2012, but...it's 2014, like Kishimoto said last year in the interview asked when the manga will end.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sasuke list of to do's
1.See the world with his special eyes(sorry Sakura, can't come)
2. Come home and make a baby with Sakura
3. Be supportive father and loving husband?
4. lol no adventure time part 2 ( best husband/ father 2014)

xen11

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
All the marrying outside their clan and villages is weird imo.
It can create many problems.
- Ino and Sai just strange.
- Chouji is the worst of them all not only an outsider but from the cloud?
It's easy for her to spy when needed.
Hinata also stepping out of the clan is expected but still strange imo.
The biggest loser has to be Sakura getting knocked up by the bad boy who left her on her own with the child to wander around the world. she went from supreme medical ninja to a housemaid.

Too much peace is not always a good thing it makes people complacent.
It becomes easy for some enemy or nuke nin to start some trouble and cause damage since they do keep their skills sharp.

Last edited:
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: Naruto Manga Chapter 699 Discussion

You must be registered for see images
thank you for everything kishimoto the years iv'e spent reading your manga and watching your anime were all worth it........ps. some of them naruto pairings doe them hair style pfft! lol well arigatou gozaimasu :T_T::hooray::flowers:happy:

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm curious yet hesitant to see how they tie in why Sakura and Sasuke are together after everything. I really desperately hope Kishi doesn't pull the "I just couldn't allow myself to love because of my life's mission, but now that that's over and I'm free to love I really do love you Sakura I was just pretending all this time to hate you and wasn't actually trying to kill you (how many times now?)" card from Sasuke, but I'm not sure what other reasoning he could use.
Thus, curious. What do you think?

djl

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: Naruto Manga Chapter 699 Discussion

I have to say it still hasn't really sunk in but that's probably because it isn't really over yet. I am not completely looking forward to the third series however if there is a decent amount of face time for all the old characters that I spent the last decade of my life falling in love with, then I will be happy. I wasn't really fond of the timeskip however after hearing news of the last: naruto the movie being a canon movie and covering that time lapse, I was much more satisfied, however I feel as though instead of making a third mini-series about the next generation which personally I am not too fond of, he should have ended it at the end of chapter 699 and the third series should have been an epilogue mini-series that covered this time skip. I personally believe that 70-100 chapters would have been more than enough to cover sasuke's journey, and all the stuff that happened in between if the story moved at a moderately brisk pace. I really hope this movie doesn't disappoint. I at least would prefer the third series to be the continuation of Naruto's generation, not the next generation. I will still read it but I am hoping that even with a focus on the next generation I will still get to see the characters I grew up with. I have to say I am satisfied with Kishimoto's decision because in an interview question about the new movie, he mentioned that he would have liked to fill in that gap between 699 and 700 but didn't because the gap is focused solely on romance and he does not like writing romance because he gets embarrassed by it and the finished product wouldn't be as good. Having heard this I am glad I was given this ending with promise of an animation of the timeskip and a spin-off rather than seeing a not as well done ending of the romantic saga. Even though the third series doesn't exactly float my boat, so to speak, I think it will be interesting to see. I just feel extremely skeptical of it. For any of you FMP fans, it is the same way I view "another" I haven't even read it because I have no confidence it will be any good. The only difference is, the third naruto series isn't being expected to live up to the original series as another was attempted to live up to the original FMP. My final thoughts are: I hope this movie doesn't blow because the only reason i gave it a 4/5 instead of a 5/5 is I wanted to see what happened in the years that lapsed.

Now, I believe it is time for me to start watching the series again starting with episode one. I imagine the animation will be done by the time I catch up.

Chie

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm curious yet hesitant to see how they tie in why Sakura and Sasuke are together after everything. I really desperately hope Kishi doesn't pull the "I just couldn't allow myself to love because of my life's mission, but now that that's over and I'm free to love I really do love you Sakura I was just pretending all this time to hate you and wasn't actually trying to kill you (how many times now?)" card from Sasuke, but I'm not sure what other reasoning he could use.
Thus, curious. What do you think?
That's sort of what was implied via SasuSaku. Lol

Poochie

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well....its finally here, the end of Naruto, never thought Naruto could end really. Ending kinda felt rushed, I think Kishi could've went into more details showing how each character evolved. (Didn't know kishi and I shared the same b-day so cooollll=D) Naruto + Hinata :bouncy::bouncy:

Sasuke +Sakura:ilu: lol

I can't believe I won't read anymore Naruto manga, I feel like a nerd admitting that I look forward to it each week. I'm glad that I took the time so long ago in 2007, to find out what all the hype was about for Naruto. Thanks also to Naruto Base, I looked forward to logging on each week to this site, which I must say is great really.

I feel sad right now, kinda like when your friend moves away :':)dunno::':)':):):):):)(

DynamicExit

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Honestly. I am a bit disappointed. I mean, the ending was far too short. I know Kishimoto had a deadline to meet, but I really wished he'd taken a bit longer to release the last two chapters. I would've happily waited a month or even more to get a more thorough ending. I didn't mind the ending, it's just lots of stuff is left to the imagination. Maybe Kishimoto is leaving it for the movie, who knows. Or it's just how he intended it to be. But I really wished he had shown and elaborated more on how each character ended up. Having grown up watching and reading the series I feel a bit, cheated. I know it isn't an easy job to write and even illustrate a story. But like I've previously stated. I would have gladly waited for a more "complete" ending. Naruto is only the second manga series I've followed all the way through. The first being Fullmetal Alchemist. And, I just feel like there's a big hole left. I don't feel completely satisfied with the ending. I know I'm just repeating myself here. But, I wished Kishimoto had really given more details on all of the characters. Hopefully the last movie fills in all of these gaps. I pray it does.

nkengekelly

Kin
7💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree Naruto besides Black butler aka kuroshitsuji is one of the only manga i read every single chapter of and is worth it. I agree Kishimoto-kun left out a lot inthe manga's last two chapters like example- what happen to Karin, Suigetsu, Juugo, Orochimaru, and Yamato?:bouncy: wHY THE HECK IS SASUKE is wondering in the forest and what did he think he saw?

Status
Not open for further replies.