leafeater

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
how do you know? Simple, you don't. We haven't seen what minato can do.
That's right, we don't. If we did, then the thread is of no importance. If one doesn't like the thread, it's also of no importance. :):)

It would be pretty cool if Minato flickered right in front of Itachi and ripped out his soul. I wonder if he could flicker, grab Itachi, and drop him off in the dimension he's traveling through.

As someone mentioned above, the body flicker jutsu that Minato uses could be a perfect counter to Susanoo, which seems invincible right now.

I've got Minato because of the body flicker jutsu, which I think Itachi would have trouble using is MS techniques on.

zenron

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
The guy who created naruto(can't remember his name now, that's going to bug me) said that minato is the most powerful dead ninja. This would mean that he would be more powerful than itachi. It would also mean he would have a lot of techniques we don't know about.

So I think Minato would win. Plus, he's way cooler than itachi.

Ady

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
and I'm not trying to get into an argument....there are chances that minato is stronger..I don't doubt it..but we don't have to rely on some random statements..and like I said..he said that before itachi died....so I still believe Itachi could win this....altough I do not know what minato is capable of:D

Deidara...

Elite
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
no you're wrong...he said that before itachi died
Masashi kishimoto, source

This is a late post from March 2008 Shonen Jump

SJ: While we're at it... could you please tell us if Minato was the strongest shinobi that ever lived?

MK: Hmmm, it's a tricky question. As far as dead shinobis goes, then yes, he's the strongest. I'd say that Sandaime shares the number one spot with him. As far as living shinobis goes... well, without going into many details I'd have to say no. There's a couple of shinobis whose stronger than him.

SJ: Now that Itachi seems to be dead, what is Kisame going to do now?
and itachi died chapter 393 which was released march 13 (the time difference only means that the chapters are drawn a few weeks before they are released)

and I'm not trying to get into an argument....there are chances that minato is stronger..I don't doubt it..but we don't have to rely on some random statements..and like I said..he said that before itachi died....so I still believe Itachi could win this....altough I do not know what minato is capable of:D
i wasnt going to argue
im generally very cordial so long as the person im talking to is intelligent to some extent and does not refuse to acknowlege facts which u dont do so we're cool:D

Last edited:

Ady

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
and itachi died chapter 393 which was released march 13 (the time difference only means that the chapters are drawn a few weeks before they are released)

i wasnt going to argue
im generally very cordial so long as the person im talking to is intelligent to some extent and does not refuse to acknowlege facts which u dont do so we're cool:D
heh so you got me on this one:D...well than he must be stronger:D

Steinbiz

Veteran
Kin
18๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
27๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Here's the full logic on this topic.........."Minato is the most gifted shinobi that konoha has ever produced". I believe either Jiraiya or Sandaime, both very revered and wise, said that themselves. So since Minato and Itachi were both PRODUCED from konoha, I'd say Minato.

Minato is the only ninja we know of so far to have been granted the title, "flee on sight". Itachi is definately very strong, but he didn't get any titles as such. Even though, in my opinion, itachi is strong enough for a title something like this because there's only a HANDFUL of people who can kill Itachi.

Oh by the way everone, the Kakashi Gaiden is going to be out in anime-style next week thursday(July 30th). This is where it is said that Minato has the "Flee on Sight" title.

ngking1

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
The guy who created naruto(can't remember his name now, that's going to bug me) said that minato is the most powerful dead ninja. This would mean that he would be more powerful than itachi. It would also mean he would have a lot of techniques we don't know about.

So I think Minato would win. Plus, he's way cooler than itachi.
i heard from the interview that sondamie was equally as strong as yondamie.. i am curious if i heard wrong or not... cause if sondamie was stronger than mandara.. and mandara was stronger than itachi ( not sure if thats proven or not) wouldn't that also mean yondamie is stronger than itachi?

twistedlink

Banned
Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
1.These interviews are fake or whatever, i have only ever seen copy+paste on forums and websites, any old idiot could have made it on word and spread it over the internet.

I have yet to see a photo of the interview in a magazine or somewhere, or a transcript of the original interview.

There is no proof i have seen that shows the interview is real at all.

2.The words of a man who continuously makes contradictions isn't really a word i would trust-even if it was the creator. (kinda like god this one LOL)

3.We dont know what susanou does, susanou has got sweet **** all to do with totsuka and yatas mirror, they are SEPERATE legendary items.

This is apparent from the fact zetsu and orochimaru knew of the items but did not know of susanou, ergo, the items are seperate.
OR, kishi ****ed up (which i must say is apparent rather a lot lately)

Though il give people the idea of thunder god simply going right through the barrier and capable of then attacking itachi...but still...Itachi has some nasty abilities, and apparently the 4th couldnt do anything against madara.

I am kinda looking forward to tobi fighting, he's gonna be otherwordly powerful!

Deidara...

Elite
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Here's the full logic on this topic.........."Minato is the most gifted shinobi that konoha has ever produced". I believe either Jiraiya or Sandaime, both very revered and wise, said that themselves. So since Minato and Itachi were both PRODUCED from konoha, I'd say Minato.

Minato is the only ninja we know of so far to have been granted the title, "flee on sight". Itachi is definately very strong, but he didn't get any titles as such. Even though, in my opinion, itachi is strong enough for a title something like this because there's only a HANDFUL of people who can kill Itachi.

Oh by the way everone, the Kakashi Gaiden is going to be out in anime-style next week thursday(July 30th). This is where it is said that Minato has the "Flee on Sight" title.
wow its amazing how liking a character can overshadow the facts

and the number of ninja strong enough to even fight itachi without instantly dying if his intention is to kill:

madara
deidara
sasuke
pein

a few more (dont feel like listing them all)

ngking1

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
1.These interviews are fake or whatever, i have only ever seen copy+paste on forums and websites, any old idiot could have made it on word and spread it over the internet.

I have yet to see a photo of the interview in a magazine or somewhere, or a transcript of the original interview.

There is no proof i have seen that shows the interview is real at all.

2.The words of a man who continuously makes contradictions isn't really a word i would trust-even if it was the creator. (kinda like god this one LOL)

3.We dont know what susanou does, susanou has got sweet **** all to do with totsuka and yatas mirror, they are SEPERATE legendary items.

This is apparent from the fact zetsu and orochimaru knew of the items but did not know of susanou, ergo, the items are seperate.
OR, kishi ****ed up (which i must say is apparent rather a lot lately)

Though il give people the idea of thunder god simply going right through the barrier and capable of then attacking itachi...but still...Itachi has some nasty abilities, and apparently the 4th couldnt do anything against madara.

I am kinda looking forward to tobi fighting, he's gonna be otherwordly powerful!
sigh.. i'm a little disappointed that the interviews were never confirmed.. but thanks

twistedlink

Banned
Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ

and the number of ninja strong enough to even fight itachi without instantly dying if his intention is to kill:

madara
deidara
sasuke
pein

??

Deidara lost to itachi when itachi used tsukyomi on him to join akatsuki, while deidaras was under tsukyomi itachi couldve easily amaterasu'd him to ash.

Sasuke used curse seals, forbidden techniques, a brand new technique that means hes not limited to chakra, and also released orochimaru onto itachi (sannin level) and still sasuke passed out from fatigue, and tobi said itachi was merely playing with him and planned it like that.

Pain could very well beat itachi if he managed to overthrow his yatas mirror, pain would own itachi if itachi didnt use yatas mirror.

Madara maybe, dont know enough about him, but he managed to get away from the 4th without a scratch and the 4th said he saw through all his techniques, so yeah it's plausible madara could own itachi if he overcame yatas mirror.

Itachi's main strength is in yatas mirror, once that has been beaten (IF it can be beaten) he soon admittedly slips down the ranks, but he is still above sannin level and top 3 in akatsuki and top 10 overall even without yatas mirror.

Steinbiz

Veteran
Kin
18๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
27๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ

madara
deidara
sasuke
pein

........ok, so you tell me because i like a character i'm blind to the facts. tell me the facts you speak of instead of telling me that itachi can instantly kill everyone. THAT ISN'T FACT, or kishi would have wrote it.

sasori420

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
We cannot say who would win since we dont know the full powers of either of the two shinobi,
Now The whole "flee on sight" argument is null void becuase Minato got that becasue it was a war time and the rock ninja were afraid of him, Itachi hasnt ever been in a war except when he saw death of it when he was like four. And i dont think he had a flee on sight deal at that age
They are both said to be prodigies and genius's
Now i bet with flying thunder god minato could get around anyone of itachis teqniques except sussano
Flying thuner god works when special kunais with seals on them are thrown and since thats how it works he wont be able to get in Sussano
But yeah we dont know the full extent of either powers so we cannot say
But just out of reputaion my bet is minato, even though im a huge Itachi fan