Geezus

Legendary
Kin
1,351💸
Kumi
19,495💴
Trait Points
70⚔️
Can anyone brief me in what this is "Declined: as per the Discord NRP announcement March 19, 2019."

Not my cj, but curious to what the NRP announcement March 19 2019 is??
This is the announcement - No Imperfect Sage Mode customs.

Alright, so don't sub custom ISM anymore. All contracts, canon (bar snakes/toads) or otherwise, will have access to the generic canon one. The plan was to never permit custom ISM to stray too far from the canon ones anyways. Things like claws, tails, teeth, wings, etc. can all be manifested via the generic one so long as it makes sense based on the contract. Of course, this does not extend to PSM so feel free to continue subbing those as you see fit.

Azu

Elite
Kin
279💸
Kumi
114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Uhm..that might come off a bit offensive to some lol.
If you think it is, by all means, delete it. And I apologize if someone was offended by this.
When I started getting notifications from the chat I instantly just had this picture in my head. It was just cute. lol

Did you draw this ?
Yep, I did.

Reactions: Lady Coffee

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I feel like you guys are looking through rose-tinted glasses or something remembering things fonder than they used to be. There never was a time when there wasn't an off-site chat where people, mainly the RP'ers, gathered. I mean, back in 2010-2013 it was MSN. 2013/14-2016 it was skype, from then on it's been discord. I remember IRC being a thing for a bit, but it wasn't long enough to matter or make a mark. It's not like this is a new phenomenon that started because of discord. It's just shifted platforms as old chats and services became obsolete. It was so prevalent back in 2011-2013 there had to be rules made about off-site permissions being invalid. Like if you got someone over MSN or Skype to say you could get an ability you couldn't use it to get that ability, it had to be stated physically on the site. Also, you have to have some severe ADHD or a memory problem if you forget what's been said in five minutes. Yesterday Lgeezy went on for 20 minutes telling some off the wall story with emotes. It's also easier to find information there, revolving around previous checks, or statements, as you can search, and find specific phrases you remember being mentioned in the discord about specific abilities and such. Additionally, if something is announced on there, like an event or an update, it's definitely mentioned here in a post. Like the updates thread, or the Noticeboard, or wherever updates need to be posted. It's just easier, faster, and more direct to talk to each other on the discord. Like it was easier to do over skype, or MSN before that.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Shady Doctor

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
That is true, discord is a lot easier to properly "chat" where as the sute is more like a place to... i guess post? Like a text? Id refer to discord more as a conversation in person where as the site is more like text messaging type of thing.

The only issue i have with discord is when some information is given or a rule is made and everyone on discord at the time knows and acknowledges but everyone else at the time misses out. Either way i think both have their pros and cons, but i think discord is easier to actually chat

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
People missing something can't be helped, we can't all always be there to see everything that is said or that happens. The same thing happened on the site when it was more active and posts were happening faster and probably still happens now. A ruling would be made over VM, or in the RP chat thread/Q&A thread and it would take a while for everyone to be brought up to speed about it. I had to link to posts Scorps made in the Q&A thread numerous times back when I actively battled and cared about that stuff and people linking to old rulings to justify something was a commonplace thing. At the end of the day, you don't have to participate in the off-site chats, but they've always been there and will continue to be there. So doing so allows for faster communication over not using them. You learn things quicker, you talk to people more, etc. It just how it is and has been.​