Konoha Tavern - RP General Chat Discussion

Lady Coffee

Kin
716💸
Kumi
54💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Even with all the technology come up the forum stood strong . I find forum interaction lot more easier than discord.

I find it hard to converse on discord because people text so fast there. Maybe i am from old generation thoughts and values and even with technology i like things with slow paced

There are things forum easily beats discord. We def cannot do our custom stuff and we are forced to the restriction of discord community. Here we can at least talk our grievence to mod or admin.

Azu

Elite
Kin
279💸
Kumi
114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@Detective L :sweat:Ahh, discord is really fast so as someone who isn't 100% involved, its really hard to pick up.
Like, yesterday, it was just a coincidence that I checked notifications that I was getting from the old chat. Other than that I never really check discord cus I don't know where to start or what to search for.

But it is very useful if you need quick answer to something cus there is always someone active there willing to help out, so that is really cool.

@Howard So, there is no need for RP Chat thread on this site anymore? I mean, most of the people who RP probably have chat where they can talk/get notifications/announcements/resolve issues?

Question, tho, do you think you could transfer entire RP from here to discord? I was invited in a quite a lot of these role play discord groups and it seems that works fine for them.

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nah. the site has its purpose and always has. It's home, and I wouldn't want that changed. The RP chat thread is a great asset same with the Q&A thread, and other update threads. It all has a purpose. Additionally, there's no way we could have a system as large as ours, as intuitive, and immersive as ours on discord. It's been built up for like ten years now. Off-site chats have just been a way to communicate and engage faster and in a more practical manner as I mentioned. My main points were just that there's always been that aspect to it, and there wasn't a time where NB/AB didn't have a side chat going on where the RP'ers gathered.

Reactions: Lady Coffee

Azu

Elite
Kin
279💸
Kumi
114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nah. the site has its purpose and always has. It's home, and I wouldn't want that changed. The RP chat thread is a great asset same with the Q&A thread, and other update threads. It all has a purpose. Additionally, there's no way we could have a system as large as ours, as intuitive, and immersive as ours on discord. It's been built up for like ten years now. Off-site chats have just been a way to communicate and engage faster and in a more practical manner as I mentioned. My main points were just that there's always been that aspect to it, and there wasn't a time where NB/AB didn't have a side chat going on where the RP'ers gathered.
Mm, I understand.
I was just wondering if you were thinking of that possibility now after the two communities separated. Tho, again, I don't even know if you were even getting a lot of new members while AB and WLA were together. But, yeah, whatever, thanks for the answer.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nope, and to those who arent i assume change will come as to have rule updates to be announced on the site again. Along with bashing folks :bandeauxbyowumarobj1:
We will always use a form of messenger platform like we always have: MSN, Skype, Discord

Where all shit is generally discussed and so on, then the main shit is posted on site

Discord being linked to AB meant that some rulings on discord etc could be seen as official, due to them being one in the same. Something that never happened before. Now it will probs just be a confirmation on site thing as always, rules will be rules on site as always, and we still gonna chat off site...

I don't see any difference.

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We will always use a form of messenger platform like we always have: MSN, Skype, Discord

Where all shit is generally discussed and so on, then the main shit is posted on site

Discord being linked to AB meant that some rulings on discord etc could be seen as official, due to them being one in the same. Something that never happened before. Now it will probs just be a confirmation on site thing as always, rules will be rules on site as always, and we still gonna chat off site...

I don't see any difference.
Thats what i meant.

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Rule updates are always on site. There are threads for them.

There's a whole section for it Rules, Guides and Updates.

If you're having trouble finding specific rules, there's the Bio Rules Quick Access thread.

Or finding updates, there's the Official Roleplay Updates thread.

I'm not sure what you mean by announced on site when they're there.

EDIT: Ah, you're talking about rulings on fights. Dude, those are posted in the thread where the check is made like always by sensei or mods. Meaning they're there, to be read, they're just not easy to find unless you're looking for them. They're also not "announced on discord" any more than they are on site they're just talked about by people who read the rulings on the fight and talk about them on discord which means the information spreads quicker there. This was a point I touched upon when Zat mentioned the same problem about information being lost. It's not like there's some big stickied post you're being excluded from where all the little rulings are held and it's tended to daily. It's just people discussing it like they always have and giving their opinions. People in the discord miss rulings like that all the time just by missing a portion of the convo.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Pervyy

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️