Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@the bold: The RP grew to a weird spot tbh, bro. Reporting became too frequent and Custom hoarding kept evolving and people would have more and more abilities but not want others to have stuff they deemed as stronger than them. Like it's weird, people would see someone make something and whether it was actually broken or OPed, it would be reported based on someone's individual ability to counter it ( and sometimes whether they thought they could counter it, right or not). There have been a lot of stuff reported that isnt hard to deal with and, admittedly, some reported that were valid but mostly it became a "Wow, I don't think I can beat this. It's too much, I'm gonna report it." And a lot of the time, it's like "all you need is a basic Fuuin seal" or Senjutsu, combos, etc that weren't hard to get. I think the late 2017 - early 19 years of reporting were worse and what caused a lot of burn out for a lot of us.
If everything is easily counterable by everyone, then how can someone win a battle? If every technique and move I make is easily counterable by my opponent and vice-versa, the battle would be a draw. There needs to be stuff that is hard to counter. Possible, yes, but hard. Otherwise, its jutsu ping-pong and nothing more.

And I'm sad that reporting cjs is still going on. Though... It explains the weird thing that happened to me last week. One of my CCJs, Force Soar, was checked and approved one day. The next day it was unchecked. Seemed weird to me. Now it makes sense. Probably someone pressured the mod into changing the check. It is now declined.

Mods shouldn't be pressured by the community like that. However, I feel its a bit my fault as I was the one when i was mod that said that if people had issues with CJs they should contact a mod privately or report it. I did so to try and avoid the member-on-member drama that was going on at the time and try to make sure mods were the mediators of issues with approved customs. I also was very frontal in saying that mods were not above errors and might overlook something. I didn't expect it to turn into a problem. I also didn't expect people to use that as a way to get to know counters to other members techniques. When I left the RP we had reports, and you remember this chris, about basically anything. "He used this technique in a way it can't be used because in manga, chapter XXX, its shown to be used in this way" or "This is unfair because it was approved by Y mod and he is friends with him and I've seen them talk in VMs", etc etc. It was really silly stuff.

Mods do need a thick skin and to be a bit arrogant/secure of their decisions to be able to endure the constant "hole poking" of members. And, being too close to members only further fuels this problem. Members perceived as being close to mods will be a target and seen as having special treatment and those mods will have a hard time being objective and unbias towards those members. It doesn't matter what anyone says to me. I was a mod for years. When the RP was bigger. I'm older than 90% of the base. If you are friends with someone, no matter how hard you try, you'll 99% not be able to be unbias 100% of the time. Its human nature. Denying it is naive.

For example, I remember a time when other mods didn't want to check Lili's customs and wanted me to check them because they were complex and dissimulated. However, I was the custom head, sure, but I was also RP friends with Lili and it meant that, no matter how worthy of being approved something was, the moment I approved it, it would be seen as bias and unfair. It also meant I couldn't learn them, which was a much needed change.

Its a bit sad this is how things still went after all this time. And its sad that people who were dedicated to the RP left because of that. Its a talent hemorraghe that doesnt help anyone. It only further kills the RP. It taints it with drama, hate, bickering and this weird almost "bullying" atmosphere of people throwing jabs at each other. Makes no sense.

Ha! The opposite. Quarantine got me on a forced leave of absence from life. Never expected to be back here tbh, but alas.

Sounds like twitter cancel culture invaded NB.

Fr tho, was reporting actually that bad? I've never had any real perspective on it because most the people I talk to only report something when it clashes heavily with an idea they already own.
I dunno how it has been the last few years but when I left, we had like 10 to 15 reports of the RP section every day on average and about half were about customs.

Reactions: Lytes

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What happened with Bianca? She got banned and all her RP stuff was removed?
That was on the inception of the forum NB. It was like...2008/2009 or something like that. I dunno the details but basically she was an admin (I think) that stole stuff from NB to create another forum with other people. She essentially made a copy of NB. Since she was staff it was a big deal. Some people had said she was taken advantage of from people that wanted their NB copy but the fact remained that she participated.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If everything is easily counterable by everyone, then how can someone win a battle? If every technique and move I make is easily counterable by my opponent and vice-versa, the battle would be a draw. There needs to be stuff that is hard to counter. Possible, yes, but hard. Otherwise, its jutsu ping-pong and nothing more.

And I'm sad that reporting cjs is still going on. Though... It explains the weird thing that happened to me last week. One of my CCJs, Force Soar, was checked and approved one day. The next day it was unchecked. Seemed weird to me. Now it makes sense. Probably someone pressured the mod into changing the check. It is now declined.

Mods shouldn't be pressured by the community like that. However, I feel its a bit my fault as I was the one when i was mod that said that if people had issues with CJs they should contact a mod privately or report it. I did so to try and avoid the member-on-member drama that was going on at the time and try to make sure mods were the mediators of issues with approved customs. I also was very frontal in saying that mods were not above errors and might overlook something. I didn't expect it to turn into a problem. I also didn't expect people to use that as a way to get to know counters to other members techniques. When I left the RP we had reports, and you remember this chris, about basically anything. "He used this technique in a way it can't be used because in manga, chapter XXX, its shown to be used in this way" or "This is unfair because it was approved by Y mod and he is friends with him and I've seen them talk in VMs", etc etc. It was really silly stuff.

Mods do need a thick skin and to be a bit arrogant/secure of their decisions to be able to endure the constant "hole poking" of members. And, being too close to members only further fuels this problem. Members perceived as being close to mods will be a target and seen as having special treatment and those mods will have a hard time being objective and unbias towards those members. It doesn't matter what anyone says to me. I was a mod for years. When the RP was bigger. I'm older than 90% of the base. If you are friends with someone, no matter how hard you try, you'll 99% not be able to be unbias 100% of the time. Its human nature. Denying it is naive.

For example, I remember a time when other mods didn't want to check Lili's customs and wanted me to check them because they were complex and dissimulated. However, I was the custom head, sure, but I was also RP friends with Lili and it meant that, no matter how worthy of being approved something was, the moment I approved it, it would be seen as bias and unfair. It also meant I couldn't learn them, which was a much needed change.

Its a bit sad this is how things still went after all this time. And its sad that people who were dedicated to the RP left because of that. Its a talent hemorraghe that doesnt help anyone. It only further kills the RP. It taints it with drama, hate, bickering and this weird almost "bullying" atmosphere of people throwing jabs at each other. Makes no sense.

I dunno how it has been the last few years but when I left, we had like 10 to 15 reports of the RP section every day on average and about half were about customs.
The Force Soar bit was because it was a PCCJ while the 8 techniques of the clan haven't all been finished. No reports. Just need to get the first 8 CCJ done before you can submit PCCJ.

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Force Soar bit was because it was a PCCJ while the 8 techniques of the clan haven't all been finished. No reports. Just need to get the first 8 CCJ done before you can submit PCCJ.
Ok ok! consider me corrected. Just found it weird and assumed it was subject to some form of issue. Makes sense though. Sorry for assuming the worst though. :sweat:

Reactions: Drackos

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
She made glass and Acid, and I wanted to make something similar to acid but wanted to make sure I didnt copy anything similar. but I cant even read it to see what to avoid aha
Long ago I read her submissions since they were viewable with mod powers.

Her Acid was basically a generic element that had high acidity and was a liquid. It was, like most low PH materials, corrosive and what not. But it was unspecific. I assume there might still be room for a more specific "narutoverse" acidic element. The issue will be Mei's Lava and Boil releases as those are canon and would collide with something like that. Would depend on how you wrote it or justified it and how you would differ it from them.

Her glass was normal Glass as in transparent silica based glass. But I have Obsidian AKA Dragon Glass which is essentially volcanic glass. She also was able to manipulate its liquid form I think. Dunno how many types of glasses are there but there might be some way to go around that and make something viable.

Hope this helped.

You gotta look after your clan friends before you seek your own shiz <_<
I dunno if anyone else is in the clan but still!!!
Lili, SY, Wesobi and Reborn I think. SY and Wesobi I think never made a bio. Lili dropped hers. I think Reborn as well. So I suppose its only me. T_T

Reactions: Zatanna

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️

Her Acid was basically a generic element that had high acidity and was a liquid. It was, like most low PH materials, corrosive and what not. But it was unspecific. I assume there might still be room for a more specific "narutoverse" acidic element. The issue will be Mei's Lava and Boil releases as those are canon and would collide with something like that. Would depend on how you wrote it or justified it and how you would differ it from them.

Her glass was normal Glass as in transparent silica based glass. But I have Obsidian AKA Dragon Glass which is essentially volcanic glass. She also was able to manipulate its liquid form I think. Dunno how many types of glasses are there but there might be some way to go around that and make something viable.

Hope this helped.
Thanks Scorps!
Effectively the idea I had that I want to make is a slime based acid, that is stretchy and can compress and expand, with the ability to break down solid material when engulfed by it!

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thanks Scorps!
Effectively the idea I had that I want to make is a slime based acid, that is stretchy and can compress and expand, with the ability to break down solid material when engulfed by it!
Couldn't you try doing that with Tsunade's summon? Forget it's name. Go naturalist spec so you can use what your summons use and save a c.e spot?

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thanks Scorps!
How would you make it in a way that doesnt collide with Katsuyu's acid spit thing or Slimey Bijuu Slime thing? >_>

(i need to start charging kumi for advice lol)

• Haha
Reactions: RuckenTM

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

That's crazy, never realised it was so high. I thought it might be 5-10 a week, not 5+ a day. Madness
I think the only custom I ever reported in that way was Ion particle armour, and not so much because of the custom itself but the ugly way it was being spammed and abused.

I think it's quite sad, because the way I see it is that most every custom, even the most extensive and well-made custom sets, have a trade off. If you can't figure out that weakness and exploit it then lol, that's your problem.
I.e NK's steel was complained about a lot, and yea he could make himself almost impervious to any physical attack, which is supperrr OP, but it was at the trade-off of high chakra costs. Anyone could submit chakra draining customs at the time, and if you can't be bothered to make or acquire 1-2 well made 'anti-chakra' customs to directly fight against his chakra pool and exploit the fact that his offence wasn't that impressive, then maybe you don't deserve to win in the first place.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Hope this helped.

Lili, SY, Wesobi and Reborn I think. SY and Wesobi I think never made a bio. Lili dropped hers. I think Reborn as well. So I suppose its only me. T_T
I spoke to Wes recently, out there living life... damn him.

Didn't you have apps for your clan, get mass applications... then accept no one? 🤔

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well originally the idea was jsut to make slime, something stretchy and mouldable, however trying to take it a step further I thought I might be able to include some kind of acid/break down type of property.
How about Enzymatic Water? The idea would be using water as a basis, adding some earth for substance. The result would be a thick gluey liquid filled with enzymes. Enzymes are proteins that can "break down" stuff. Using narutoverse logic and chakra, it would be possible to assume them strong enough to break down anything. Weakness would be lightning (since it destroys the enzymes) and heat/extreme cold (since they also destroys the enzymes).
Capitalism is fantastic
Don't give me ideas lol

I spoke to Wes recently, out there living life... damn him.

Didn't you have apps for your clan, get mass applications... then accept no one? 🤔
I met with him last summer! He came on vacations to Porto and we went up to meet them. Had lunch and had a stroll around the city! Was so awesome man! I still talk to him frequently. Friend for life man.

Well, I made an application, yes. In it was a question with a deceivingly simple answer. No one really answered it like I intended. Couldn't accept anyone.