Legendary
Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hello everyone! :lawliet:
We have an important announcement to make about the future of our community.

Last October we made the decision to merge with the We Love Anime Discord group in order to expand our base and to create new and more exciting things. The decision was made after much consideration and planning and on equal terms with the Discord community.
We have been trying to do just that all this time.... although we know that our work is not visible to you all, we have not stopped developing, creating, fixing and planning. And we have read every single comment and post you have made about the things that are not working as they should be working. So we decided it was time to take action.

We have, sadly, reached the point where we no longer feel that the AnimeBase forum and the We Love Anime Discord group have the same goals and priorities. This doesn't mean that we aren't on friendly terms or that we are pointing our fingers at each other.
It only means that we have different ideas and plans and we cannot find a way to work together in a way that doesn't jeopardize them.

So, we are parting ways as friends and ex-business partners, wishing each other only the best. The Anime Base forum will keep encouraging members to join the We Love Anime Discord group, as we believe there are great features there and lots of mindless fun!

We, the Anime Base forum, will stay true to our roots and we will continue working towards building a community with quality discussions, exciting Roleplay and content to please any anime enthusiast.

• We will start by removing the moderators that are staff members on the discord group as we believe in transparency.
  • We will work on a forum page that reflects - aesthetically and practically - what we stand for.
  • We will not allow any bashing, shading or down talking of We Love Anime and its staff in any part of the forum.
  • And we will finally be able to create the thing we have planned on creating all along... but more about that later ;)
We ask you once again to join us in our journey and continue giving us constructive criticism.

This announcement raises questions of course, and we cannot hide our disappointment that our plans got disrupted by things beyond our power. But you know what? This has happened to us before and now we know not to make the same mistake again.

We thank Jas personally for his contributions and we sincerely hope that he will always stay as driven and spontaneous as he has always been.
We wish him luck in his future endeavors.

Thank you for reading this,
AnimeBase Staff

Last edited:

Zise

Veteran
Kin
515💸
Kumi
9,619💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Also I would like to mention to everyone that we have cancelled all the recurring payments for premium so that nobody lose additional money if they wanted their premium for the discord server. So all of you that wants to keep your recurring premium will have to purchase it again manually once premium purchases have been enabled again.

Reactions: Dave and Avani

Dave

Legendary
Kin
946💸
Kumi
10,061💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Like others have said, it is sad to hear that the partnership has ended, but I will wish the best for the server community. NB is where I started and I'm willing to follow it until it ends. I met a lot of cool people on the server, but I am always going to support this site in anyway possible.

Last edited:

Lady Coffee

Kin
716💸
Kumi
54💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Like others have said, it is sad to hear that the partnership has ended, but I will wish the best for the server community. NB is where I started and I'm willing to follow it until it ends. I meet a lot of cool people on the server, but I am always going to support this site in anyway possible.
Same here i love this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.