Hinata vs Ototsukis isn't happening then?

chaos control

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I just saw the spoilers :bouncy:
Hinata trying to rescue Naruto wasn't mentioned anywhere so it will be skipped probably :bouncy:

I'm disappointed :(
It was never shown in the first place. I don't know why some of you guys maintain all these expectations for Hinata. She was never meant to be a prominent or relevant character, nor was she ever really written to be a strong combat type. She was solely written to be Naruto's love interest.

I'm a Hinata fan and I am saying this mind you.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It was never shown in the first place. I don't know why some of you guys maintain all these expectations for Hinata. She was never meant to be a prominent or relevant character, nor was she ever really written to be a strong combat type. She was solely written to be Naruto's love interest.

@bold: Finally some honesty from a Hinata fan.

I think people expected her to do something at least so they could see some of her abilities. The extreme elements of her fanbase overhype her so build up everybody's expectations.

Vulpini

Elite
Kin
325💸
Kumi
1,092💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's a shame honestly.

I would like to see Hinata getting owned by the Otsutsukis, more awesome gifs like this one could pop up:

You must be registered for see images

Reactions: Kakooli

Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Not sure what you mean about the bold because its pretty much certain Hinata loses. Its more about the feats she could showcase if they let her. We haven't seen proper Hyuga style since Neji in p1 and though Hinata doesn't compare, it would have been nice to see it again seeing as its stated she's a master now.

And i'm pretty sure other fanbases also loved seeing their liked characters fight even if they lose to someone vastly superior. Not to start anything but you remember how Sakura fans hyped her battle with Shin even though Sasuke had to save her?

Kirin The Dragon Sage

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm sorry if Hinata wants to help Naruto she will help to extract Bijuu power inside him.If Naruto stay with those chakras he will be a troublesome for ninja world. If Hinata dont want Naruto to die while safe him from danger she should channel some Hamura cakura in him so he wont die from bijuu extraction.

Jiren

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It really doesn't make sense for her to fight an opponent even naruto and Sasuke struggled with. All her fanboys ever did was make people dislike her more with this crazy assumptions

Aim64C

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
@bold: Finally some honesty from a Hinata fan.

I think people expected her to do something at least so they could see some of her abilities. The extreme elements of her fanbase overhype her so build up everybody's expectations.
Frankly, it's more a case that writers don't understand their own characters. Nothing to say of power levels - plot determines that. Kind of like in Final Fantasy, where Meteor fucks up Golbez in the cut-scene... but when you actually go to fight against him, it does all of jack. Or... you know... Aeris/th, the Phoenix-Downer.

Hinata has the Byakugan and one of the largest stated visible ranges with it. If terribad things are going down with relation to Boruto, Naruto, Himawari, etc - then she has all the justification, right there, to get involved in whatever it is - if not already be on top of it. She's not the strongest fighter, but that is also a grave misunderstanding of what the Gentle Fist and Hyuuga theming are about.

In a series where the only way the writers can think their way out of blowing up planets due to power creep is to reboot to the children, I suppose it's par for the course. However, it's frustrating that there is a rather obvious solution to the problem in the Hyuuga, fuinjutsu, and genjutsu. These are all mechanisms that can act to subvert neanderthal happy hour, but they are never utilized for such. The big bad is immune to any kind of genjutsu that isn't so broken it requires virgin sacrifices (or something of the sort) to function. Sealing jutsu almost never works (except for the... whatever that was at the end), and the only time the gentle fist mechanics were actually applied to the story was when Hinata went up against Neji for it to be explained. Once Naruto realized he really didn't want to lose, that whole mechanic got thrown out the window and we never looked back.

The last truly interesting fight in the series (at least until Boruto took a nerf bat to everyone because they're kids) was Sasuke versus Danzo, where we actually saw an interesting and intelligent ploy using genjutsu. That is the element of Naruto that was lost somewhere along the way - the ploy to use Naruto transformed into a shuriken, the genius play of Shikamaru versus Temari (and how even though he lost, he was still promoted), etc. It was these nuanced performances which made the series enjoyable to watch. Hell, even Hinata's not-fight against Pain had the possibility to be intriguing had she been allowed to succeed and free Naruto (which was her goal). Instead, even that was robbed as Naruto just said "I don't accept that outcome" and all of the rules that held him at a disadvantage a moment ago disappear.

It's all devolved into a glorified dick showing contest where the one with the biggest after the pants are dropped wins. There may be an attempt at a little technique or finesse in places, but it's all rather hollow when few of these are allowed to succeed in their own rights. Not every fight has to be about defeating the opponent. There are many other goals that can allow a character to succeed and neither be 'fodderized' or 'solomaster'.
Of course, the kinds of plots we see are the ones that are easy to write and storyboard.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Frankly, it's more a case that writers don't understand their own characters. Nothing to say of power levels - plot determines that. Kind of like in Final Fantasy, where Meteor fucks up Golbez in the cut-scene... but when you actually go to fight against him, it does all of jack. Or... you know... Aeris/th, the Phoenix-Downer.

Hinata has the Byakugan and one of the largest stated visible ranges with it. If terribad things are going down with relation to Boruto, Naruto, Himawari, etc - then she has all the justification, right there, to get involved in whatever it is - if not already be on top of it. She's not the strongest fighter, but that is also a grave misunderstanding of what the Gentle Fist and Hyuuga theming are about.

In a series where the only way the writers can think their way out of blowing up planets due to power creep is to reboot to the children, I suppose it's par for the course. However, it's frustrating that there is a rather obvious solution to the problem in the Hyuuga, fuinjutsu, and genjutsu. These are all mechanisms that can act to subvert neanderthal happy hour, but they are never utilized for such. The big bad is immune to any kind of genjutsu that isn't so broken it requires virgin sacrifices (or something of the sort) to function. Sealing jutsu almost never works (except for the... whatever that was at the end), and the only time the gentle fist mechanics were actually applied to the story was when Hinata went up against Neji for it to be explained. Once Naruto realized he really didn't want to lose, that whole mechanic got thrown out the window and we never looked back.

The last truly interesting fight in the series (at least until Boruto took a nerf bat to everyone because they're kids) was Sasuke versus Danzo, where we actually saw an interesting and intelligent ploy using genjutsu. That is the element of Naruto that was lost somewhere along the way - the ploy to use Naruto transformed into a shuriken, the genius play of Shikamaru versus Temari (and how even though he lost, he was still promoted), etc. It was these nuanced performances which made the series enjoyable to watch. Hell, even Hinata's not-fight against Pain had the possibility to be intriguing had she been allowed to succeed and free Naruto (which was her goal). Instead, even that was robbed as Naruto just said "I don't accept that outcome" and all of the rules that held him at a disadvantage a moment ago disappear.

It's all devolved into a glorified dick showing contest where the one with the biggest after the pants are dropped wins. There may be an attempt at a little technique or finesse in places, but it's all rather hollow when few of these are allowed to succeed in their own rights. Not every fight has to be about defeating the opponent. There are many other goals that can allow a character to succeed and neither be 'fodderized' or 'solomaster'.
Of course, the kinds of plots we see are the ones that are easy to write and storyboard.

if hiyuga were interesting clan,orochimaru would've been interested in them and their byakugan..but orochimaru was interested more in uchiha members...

Aim64C

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

if hiyuga were interesting clan,orochimaru would've been interested in them and their byakugan..but orochimaru was interested more in uchiha members...
What's-his-name from the movie certainly seemed to see through that genjutsu.

That, or Orochimaru just wasn't yet powerful enough to take on the Hyuuga. The Uchiha clan was almost entirely the work of the producers. Clan Emo gets to justify being hateful because they are given the talent of plot. The climax of the series, Naruto becoming the Hokage, is rendered into a flashback in a time-skip arc over the massive sasuke merchandising wank that was half the series.

It's like every time Kishimoto wanted to do something, the producers walked over and said: "Okay, but only if you can figure out how to put a sharingan on it so it will sell shit." Thus, the REAL Akatsuki was born, and guided the events of Naruto through space and time to retcon the boy band into the origin story of the series.

sasuketenten

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not sure what you mean about the bold because its pretty much certain Hinata loses. Its more about the feats she could showcase if they let her. We haven't seen proper Hyuga style since Neji in p1 and though Hinata doesn't compare, it would have been nice to see it again seeing as its stated she's a master now.

And i'm pretty sure other fanbases also loved seeing their liked characters fight even if they lose to someone vastly superior. Not to start anything but you remember how Sakura fans hyped her battle with Shin even though Sasuke had to save her?
Tbh..it would make more sense if hanabi was the one who gets the scenes showing gentle fist mastery..she is the one who is a active ninja with a squad..she is the head of the hyuga. I dont understand when fans talk about hinata getting these moments over her sister when it would make much more sense in general to give any hyuga kickass fight scenes to hanabi. It makes me think that you just want hinata fanservice even if it makes little sense to give a retired stay at home mother this over a current active clan head leader of the hyuga.

Reactions: salamander uchiha

Aim64C

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Tbh..it would make more sense if hanabi was the one who gets the scenes showing gentle fist mastery..she is the one who is a active ninja with a squad..she is the head of the hyuga. I dont understand when fans talk about hinata getting these moments over her sister when it would make much more sense in general to give any hyuga kickass fight scenes to hanabi. It makes me think that you just want hinata fanservice even if it makes little sense to give a retired stay at home mother this over a current active clan head leader of the hyuga.
You must be registered for see images

I don't know.... this Manhwa has a point... momma will **** you up.

Scryed

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I doubt a single female in this series could put up a good 1v1 fight against an Ootsutsuki. Hinata vs Ootsutsukis may happen but it will be offscreen with Naruto arriving to an unconscious Hinata.

Vulpini

Elite
Kin
325💸
Kumi
1,092💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I doubt a single female in this series could put up a good 1v1 fight against an Ootsutsuki. Hinata vs Ootsutsukis may happen but it will be offscreen with Naruto arriving to an unconscious Hinata.
@BOLD: True, but Sarada is going to be soloing them Otsutsukis sooner than you think. :coffee:

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Agreed.

Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No it wouldn't make much sense. How you can even think it would make sense in the context i was talking about is almost beyond me tbh.. If you want to reply to this, reread my post then reread yours again because aside from that bold, the rest is your personal problem and very much unrelated to the point i was trying to make.

GetsugaTenshou

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No it wouldn't make much sense. How you can even think it would make sense in the context i was talking about is almost beyond me tbh.. If you want to reply to this, reread my post then reread yours again because aside from that bold, the rest is your personal problem and very much unrelated to the point i was trying to make.
Even the bold is pretty weird. Hinata was already stated to be a GF master and he's pretty much saying "Why Hinata and not Hanabi" like we were the ones who decided upon that and not the actual mangaka. No one's asking the writers to go out of their way to make her one, but rather proposing that she gets a little screentime based on the premise that she already is one. To make it worse, Hanabi isn't even the Hyuga head. Moreover, you literally just made a point that other fanbases like seeing their favorite characters get a few fights so why target Hinata fans when they want the same then he goes on to do just that.

Last edited:

Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Even the bold is pretty weird. Hinata was already stated to be a GF master and he's pretty much saying "Why Hinata and not Hanabi" like we were the ones who decided upon that and not the actual mangaka. No one's asking the writers to go out of their way make her one, but rather proposing that she gets a little screentime based on the premise that she already is one. To make it worse, Hanabi isn't even the Hyuga head. Moreover, you literally just made a point that other fanbases like seeing their favorite characters get a few fights so why target Hinata fans when they want the same then he goes on to do just that.
Its almost a trend on here tbh.. When it comes to Hinata, intellectual dishonesty comes into play from most people.