WoldOfFingo

Regular
Kin
8💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That was a very good move to place de bruyne higher up this match. The guy is just so solid and damn the power in those feet.

I was annoyed a bit by the constant penalty claiming but well.. Those Var checks almost made my heart stop

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Might be subjective of me, but personally I think this was worthy of being a WC final. In terms of tactical finesse this game is leaps and bounds above every other match we've seen so far.

Olorin

Legendary
Kin
268💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Might be subjective of me, but personally I think this was worthy of being a WC final. In terms of tactical finesse this game is leaps and bounds above every other match we've seen so far.
Very nearly, tho i think the winner of Belg v Brasil (whichever had won) v France will be the real finale. I do think France, whether they end up champions or not, are the best team at this moment with Belgium and Brasil close behind.

I was cheering for the aeuropean teams, EU before the rest, so Ill be cheering for both belg and france :) shame belgium is not in the other semi

Last edited:

Glad Of War

Elite
Kin
117💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So far, my prediction is enroute to be actualize.
On another note, why did a lot of people feel Brazil were superior prior to the game? I saw Belgium winning this game a mile away..

The internet is calling Belgium win unbelievable, like they aren't always better than Brazil.

The Sach

Legendary
Kin
41💸
Kumi
4,751💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Welcome back =P

Hell no... First of all it won't happen, and even if it does, we don't need those plastic fans anyways! But yeah, it's kind of dull, though I can't put myself as a saint either since I'm rooting for Portugal because of Ronaldo, lol. Clubs are different though if you ask me.
Hello there..:)

I still belive Brazil could have done better at midfield. Fernandinho wasn't that effective, imo and needed to be substituted. Belgium is pretty solid team tactically and the vast amount of flexiblity that they offer to the manager in terms of tactics is just sheer astonishing.

So far, my prediction is enroute to be actualize.
On another note, why did a lot of people feel Brazil were superior prior to the game? I saw Belgium winning this game a mile away..

The internet is calling Belgium win unbelievable, like they aren't always better than Brazil.
Belgium defense didn't look that solid to me against Japan. So I was vouching for Brazil. I thought that the Brazilian attack of Neymar, Coutinho, Jesus, Willian will blow the Belgium defense away, although Belgium contained the attack pretty well today and Courtois did fascinating job in making some good saves.

Last edited:

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I was thinking about dozens of ways to react on this, but eventually I just decided to google 'the most smug faced smiley ever' and this is what I got:

You must be registered for see images

Enjoy your cruise.
Haha...no hard feelings over here.

Any ways congrats Caliburn and Belgium.

Brazil dominated the game, having more attempts on goal than Balgium but in the end of the day goal what matter the most.

When I think Brazil has the solid defense in this WC Belgium shows Brazil how solid defense should looks like.

The goals that Belgium gets came from school boy mistake (Fernandinho) and precision (De Bruyne).

For Brazil they responded quite well but luck not on their time again. They have dozens of chances to score for the equalizer but I always told my self if the team couldn't convert dozens of Chances they got to a goal in my book this team shouldn't win at all, be it when the game still a goalless or the team was a goals behind. I saw an easy, a clear, a corner scoring chances failed to be capitalize by Brazilian players. Coutinho who shot the ball very strangely, Renato Augusto that should has score what we can collectively agree an easy equalizer but he shot the ball off target. He could make a little run pass two defenders and slot it but I think he's nervous or afraid. Paulinho has two easy scoring chances but he always unprepared. And one player I think looks Shaky, unprepared, and prone to make a mistake = Fernandinho.

Could be a Karma for Neymar that made Lady Luck moved away from Brazil. But in the end goals what matter the most. If you think that you are a champion material or a champion team you should displayed it in every matches but this Brazilian team dont have what it takes to be a champion. Germany in 2010 and 2014 shows people of the world how a champion team should looked like. In these two WC editions they were facing with many strong opponents aka favorites,

in 2010,England(Win)>Argentina(Win)>Spain(lose)>Uruguay(Win); (result - 3 wins and 1 lose, 3rd place).

In 2014, France(Win)>Algeria(Win)>Brazil(Win)>Argentina(Win); (Result - WC Champion)

Today Brazilian side was not even on that level, not in slightest.

To end this long tirade, my words for you Cali Belgium is not that strong and couldn't even be consider as Champion candidate or potential. One own goal and one precision strike goal are not enough. Brazil still clearly superior although not better than Belgium, they lack finishing touch and instinct. But I think France can accomplish what Brazil couldn't, France can complete what Brazil couldn't against Belgium.

Belgium's road will end in the Semi.

Last edited:

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hello there..:)

I still belive Brazil could have done better at midfield. Fernandinho wasn't that effective, imo and needed to be substituted. Belgium is pretty solid team tactically and the vast amount of flexiblity that they offer to the manager in terms of tactics is just sheer astonishing.

Belgium defense didn't look that solid to me against Japan. So I was vouching for Brazil. I thought that the Brazilian attack of Neymar, Coutinho, Jesus, Willian will blow the Belgium defense away, although Belgium contained the attack pretty well today and Courtois did fascinating job in making some good saves.
When you're allowing one easy goal to your own net and as a gift to your opponent what can you expect in return? I can see from miles away that Belgium would turning their defense to become more tightly and solid after that own goal.

told u guys....belgique would beat brezil..
At least you have one of your prediction right and I got one right before this so we're even now :lol

My next prediction - France defeats Belgium in Semi Final.

No new team would win this WC before Netherlands. So Fav will take the cup home this time and still.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,592💸
Kumi
74,927💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Belgium's road will end in the Semi.
Now that we agree on, but if they should by chance get past France, they might as well win it if you ask me.

No new team would win this WC before Netherlands. So Fav will take the cup home this time and still.
I'm not too sure, I mean all 3 well-preforming pre-World Cup super favorites (Brazil, Germany and Spain), whom played excellent in the qualification, out-played themselves this World Cup. In fact, this seems to be the weakest World Cup I've ever seen preformance wise from the big teams. In a way it reminds me of the Euro 2016 and I'm not even sure if that's a good sign. Either the smaller teams are catching up or the all-round quality of the top National teams has fallen. As you said, Germany used to be superior the year they won, so did Spain when they won it, but now it seems like most National teams are being out-played by the high level of the Champions League club matches, although again, I don't think any teams there either seemed to have a dominating style of play this season. Maybe we'll just have to wait for a new stye to break through and take over, and because of that, any team can win it with a bit of luck. The way I see it, all remaining teams can lift the trophy the way it is now, and then I'm not talking mathematically, I'm talking realistically, It seems more possible now than ever before. Germany from 2010-2014 or Spain from 2008-2012 or even Brazil around 2000 would have thrashed this World Cup I'm sure, but alas that superior quality seems to be lacking. Fun for the neutral viewers I'm sure, fun for the underdogs, but in the end, I feel we're going to feel like we're left with a winner that didn't really impress or reach their fullest potential when it's all over...

Last edited:

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As for Uruguay-France game previously, I have said it before and I will just quoted it.

Caliburn is right. Actually in my eyes Uruguay played with no system of certain style. It just take-and-try and hope it goes the right way. They still have weaknesses to solve. If Uruguay plays without Cavani and Suarez or either of the two, I'm afraid they couldn't do much. And if this situation happened against France, Uruguay just can hope and pray for miracle comes meet them. Their defense is good but in offensive they lack an idea. Only individual brilliance from Suarez and Cavani could help them. They still stronger than Portugal as a team. Their playing style is good enough for against team like Portugal but not against team like France. Maybe Portugal is their limit but who knows. For sure, they need to step up their game play and plan when they meet with France.

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Now that we agree on, but if they should by chance get past France, they might as well win it if you ask me.

I'm not too sure, I mean all 3 well-preforming pre-World Cup super favorites (Brazil, Germany and Spain), whom played excellent in the qualification, out-played themselves this World Cup. In fact, this seems to be the weakest World Cup I've ever seen preformance wise from the big teams. In a way it reminds me of the Euro 2016 and I'm not even sure if that's a good sign. Either the smaller teams are catching up or the all-round quality of the top National teams has fallen. As you said, Germany used to be superior the year they won, so did Spain when they won it, but now it seems like most National teams are being out-played by the high level of the Champions League club matches, although again, I don't think any teams there either seemed to have a dominating style of play this season. Maybe we'll just have to wait for a new stye to break through and take over, and because of that, any team can win it with a bit of luck. The way I see it, all remaining teams can lift the trophy the way it is now, and then I'm not talking mathematically, I'm talking realistically, It seems more possible now than ever before. Germany from 2010-2014 or Spain from 2008-2012 or Even Brazil around 2000 would have thrashed this World Cup I'm sure, but alas that superior quality seems to be lacking. Fun for the neutral viewers I'm sure, fun for the underdogs, but in the end, I feel we're going to feel like we're left with a winner that didn't really impress or reach their fullest potential when it's all over..
Haha to be honest I just dont like the idea of "lucky winner" and what I mean by "lucky" is that the team just a one time show and then faded forever. Just like Greece and maybe Portugal in Euro. Yeah they have played their best to win that tournament so I will not taking anything from them, they deserved it. But in the long run they can no longer produce a top champion material squad at consistent level. Germany lost today but they still can produce another champion potential squad for 2022 WC. Can Croatia or Belgium do the same after Hazard, Lukaku, Bruyne, Modric, Mandzukic, Lovren retired?

What makes the difference between top favs and climbing underdogs/non-favs gone is that if Top favs played very badly. In the good/great day of top fav teams you will have Current France for an example or 2010/2014 knock out stages teams, Flying Dutch, Argentina or Spain that constantly won with 1 zero to reached to the final like they are impossible to get knockout no matter how they play.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,592💸
Kumi
74,927💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Haha to be honest I just dont like the idea of "lucky winner" and what I mean by "lucky" is that the team just a one time show and then faded forever. Just like Greece and maybe Portugal in Euro. Yeah they have played their best to win that tournament so I will not taking anything from them, they deserved it. But in the long run they can no longer produce a top champion material squad at consistent level. Germany lost today but they still can produce another champion potential squad for 2022 WC. Can Croatia or Belgium do the same after Hazard, Lukaku, Bruyne, Modric, Mandzukic, Lovren retired?

What makes the difference between top favs and climbing underdogs/non-favs gone is that if Top favs played very badly. In the good/great day of top fav teams you will have Current France for an example or 2010/2014 knock out stages teams, Flying Dutch, Argentina or Spain that constantly won with 1 zero to reached to the final like they are impossible to get knockout no matter how they play.
We seem to be on the same page. Heck, doesn't even need to be a one time show either, just have to ride the "easy way" towards the final and have one good match to do it as long as they're disiplined in defence. As much as I loved that Portugal won the Euro 2016, I feel as though I have yet to see a team really dominate a game like we were used to back in WC 2014 (Germany 4-0 Portugal) and Euro 2012 (Spain 4-0 Italy), and those are only two games that comes to mind really. But then again as you say, teams like France makes it this time around because of the players they have on paper, not neccesairily because the are playing like a Champion. And yes they can reproduce down the line, but even so they need that something extra to be like the winning teams of the past like we mentioned, to have that something special. The feeling that "oh this team is going to win it all, they are out-playing everyone they face and never has a bad day, or even when they meet a tough opponent, they create plenty of chances" seems to be a forgotten one, or should I say a forgotten art. I especially recall Real, Barca and Bayern around 2010 when Mourinho came to Spain. The max potential of those teams were through the roof, yet we now praise consistency over top preformance and have simply forgotten how deadly those teams were back then, as at the end of the day, that is what wins you titles nowadays... Disipline, Consistency, and getting a goal or two, lol.

Last edited:

Gintõki1

Elite
Kin
16💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Africa... i mean France will win this WC. (<-- let's make this clear that it's a known joke and not hating on black people, because one dumbo didn't get it lol)

I liked the fast and creative counter attacks of Belgium and seeing a Hazard in form was pure enjoyment, but you saw once again their biggest weakness and that will be their loss against France in the semis.

For me the game was 50/50. Belgium did play a very smart and good first half and deserved the win (+ courtois in heat), but they also had a lucky own goal and a clear penalty not given for Brazil. This game could have been a final, just like Spain vs Portugal.

I would have liked to see Brazil going to semi, but i'm glad that the shitty Hollywood actor is finally out. I'd say i hope he learns form this and starts to only show his amazing skills... but yeah not gonna happen. Also sad for my Madridista Marcelo being out. :/

Last edited:

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We seem to be on the same page. Heck, doesn't even need to be a one time show either, just have to ride the "easy way" towards the final and have one good match to do it as long as they're disiplined in defence. As much as I loved that Portugal won the Euro 2016, I feel as though I have yet to see a team really dominate a game like we were used to back in WC 2014 (Germany 4-0 Portugal) and Euro 2012 (Spain 4-0 Italy), and those are only two games that comes to mind really. But then again as you say, teams like France makes it this time around because of the players they have on paper, not neccesairily because the are playing like a Champion. And yes they can reproduce down the line, but even so they need that something extra to be like the winning teams of the past like we mentioned, to have that something special. The feeling that "oh this team is going to win it all, they are out-playing everyone they face and never has a bad day, or even when they meet a tough opponent, they create plenty of chances" seems to be a forgotten one, or should I say a forgotten art. I especially recall Real, Barca and Bayern around 2010 when Mourinho came to Spain. The max potential of those teams were through the roof, yet we now praise consistency over top preformance and have simply forgotten how deadly those teams were back then, as at the end of the day, that is what wins you titles nowadays... Disipline, Consistency, and getting a goal or two, lol.
Current France team never out played anyone in this WC but what I like about them is their straight forward approach and player strength. They will try everything to score a goal even a deflected Goal is ok for them. :sdo:

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
At least you have one of your prediction right and I got one right before this so we're even now :lol

My next prediction - France defeats Belgium in Semi Final.

problem is i predicted befor wc that france will win it...but i want belgium to win :(...i didn't expect they meet in semi final...

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

noo we should pick one..Tamn..its like picking up between Madara and his other part tobidara...very hard choice..i both supported them..
Ok if Belgium win Semi you go with Belgium in the final and if France win Semi you go with France in the final because either ways teams from this fixture will be the team that win this WC.