[Discussion] Fairy Tail Hate?

beck26

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Like she is significant in her death state?Nope,It didn't destroyed,they were in suffer for losing their loved one & always hoped for her return.
It completely destroyed mirajane and elfman's character development in phantom lord arc because they had the conviction to protect each other and now it seemed like its useless because lisanna returned anyway. like he hyped something for nothing.

and lisanna is way more significant in her death than her returning coz she was treated like crap.

Edolas arc & anima thing is for start of Lisanna & her return to begin with by a little mystery behind it.
its not for lisanna, edolas was for mystogan and jellal and the exceeds come on now.

Sure there is a bad writing on hiro parts(not this one) so does many mangaka's did.Some drop & some Pick up...It is by default to begin with.
yes it is bad writing.

and yes, mangakas do have faults sometimes, but hiro mashima seems like he does not even care. LOL!!!! its obvious he brought back lisanna and he doesnt know what to do with her, if he did, lisanna would have a major role in natsu's life because of all the hype she got in natsu's backstory.

you sure you know a good and bad story writing????

People are Picking FT left and right(Just a minute ago one member of NB picked it now).....Public?Still it has its Popularity & Sales and People are enjoying it
of course, there are lots of teen girls who pushes other teen grils to pick it up....and boys who pick it up for boobs...i mean plot.

There is a 3 gripes you have with Ft thread by Algalon...Everyone Crticized what they didn't like & everyone is honest there
im being honest as well, but of course i just "hate" in your eyes.

Talking about Armor of Nakagami?Yes that armor posses that kind of Power
which is the worst BS i have seen in my life, how do you bend the laws of the world you created? as an author, isnt that betraying your readers and fooling yourself by breaking the rule of your own fiction????

WTF. fairy tail fans. really. i just cant.

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It completely destroyed mirajane and elfman's character development in phantom lord arc because they had the conviction to protect each other and now it seemed like its useless because lisanna returned anyway. like he hyped something for nothing.

and lisanna is way more significant in her death than her returning coz she was treated like crap.
How come a develpment of a charcter gets destroyed when their loved ones come to life?They still cared about Lisanna even after her return.Asuma VS Mirjane fight.Hype for what?Yeah I agree that she didn't got enough Panel time

its not for lisanna, edolas was for mystogan and jellal and the exceeds come on now.
Then why did Lisanna remain dead?Jellal has nothing to do with Edolasl arc.It is for Mystogan+Lisanna+Exceed Mystery

yes it is bad writing.

and yes, mangakas do have faults sometimes, but hiro mashima seems like he does not even care. LOL!!!! its obvious he brought back lisanna and he doesnt know what to do with her, if he did, lisanna would have a major role in natsu's life because of all the hype she got in natsu's backstory.

you sure you know a good and bad story writing????
No,It is not.Natsu never expressed he has something about Lisanna.Only Lisanna thinks otherwise.Hiro can't go and edit his own manga pages which were already circulated.So even if he cares he can't do much about it except twisting something in future

of course, there are lots of teen girls who pushes other teen grils to pick it up....and boys who pick it up for boobs...i mean plot.
Irrelevant
im being honest as well, but of course i just "hate" in your eyes.
Your Posts say otherwise

which is the worst BS i have seen in my life, how do you bend the laws of the world you created? as an author, isnt that betraying your readers and fooling yourself by breaking the rule of your own fiction????

WTF. fairy tail fans. really. i just cant.
Good for you.Like I have said already,that is the specialty of the armor.Magic Rules are there for Following & breaking

The Sach

Legendary
Kin
41💸
Kumi
4,751💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Is it me or actually number of threads similar to this had increased?lol
Anyways frankly speaking, Fairy Tail is a good manga if not the best, addressing some points that few guys before me mentioned.
-Fan service: I fully agree that fan service is more in fairy tail as compared to other mangas including Naruto and One Piece, but I don't think it ruins Fairy Tail completely. I just consider it as something which makes fairy tail entertaining, though Hiro can do better at this front.
-Plot and simplicity: I really liked the way Caliburn described fairy tail as the simplest manga as compared to other well known shonens, because that is a plain fact, but I don't think it is right to say, Fairy tail is 'good', just because it is simple or popular. It is just too plain simple in my opinion(I know writer has left few hints about future plot developments, including Acnologia part or Zeref part, but I am judging this manga in year 2014). Simple mangas are good but being 'too simple' may make the manga lose points, especially when it has tough competitors like Bleach, OP, Naruto or AOT. I think manga needs to maintain an equilibrium between being simple and being complex, OP is a classic example of that.
DBZ got popular because it was simple, I agree, but I don't think it was the best manga of all time, not even close.
-'Nakama' powerup: I am not against Nakama powerup or against so called friendship powerup thing, but there has to be a 'limit' to it. I actually want Hiro to become a bit sincere and kill a character or two so that this entire Nakama powerup thing can make much more sense to me. Even Oda had to kill few characters off.U_U
-Character development and similarities: Few OP characters are really unique and have good developments, but just like many other mangas, FT also loses few points on character development front. Once can't simply ignore the obvious similarities with One Piece, though I don't think it is a negative aspect, as compared to other aspects I mentioned above.
-Overall I think, Fairy Tail is a better entertainer than many other mangas and has potential to become a flawless manga in the future. Though writer needs to work on various fronts to make it as good as Naruto, if not as good as One Piece.
As for your question, I think you should give it a try and then make your opinion rather than thinking about 'why it gets hate'. Because everyone popular thing has haters and Fairy Tail can't be an exception.lol

beck26

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Is it me or actually number of threads similar to this had increased?lol
Anyways frankly speaking, Fairy Tail is a good manga if not the best, addressing some points that few guys before me mentioned.
-Fan service: I fully agree that fan service is more in fairy tail as compared to other mangas including Naruto and One Piece, but I don't think it ruins Fairy Tail completely. I just consider it as something which makes fairy tail entertaining, though Hiro can do better at this front.
-Plot and simplicity: I really liked the way Caliburn described fairy tail as the simplest manga as compared to other well known shonens, because that is a plain fact, but I don't think it is right to say, Fairy tail is 'good', just because it is simple or popular. It is just too plain simple in my opinion(I know writer has left few hints about future plot developments, including Acnologia part or Zeref part, but I am judging this manga in year 2014). Simple mangas are good but being 'too simple' may make the manga lose points, especially when it has tough competitors like Bleach, OP, Naruto or AOT. I think manga needs to maintain an equilibrium between being simple and being complex, OP is a classic example of that.
DBZ got popular because it was simple, I agree, but I don't think it was the best manga of all time, not even close.
-'Nakama' powerup: I am not against Nakama powerup or against so called friendship powerup thing, but there has to be a 'limit' to it. I actually want Hiro to become a bit sincere and kill a character or two so that this entire Nakama powerup thing can make much more sense to me. Even Oda had to kill few characters off.U_U
-Character development and similarities: Few OP characters are really unique and have good developments, but just like many other mangas, FT also loses few points on character development front. Once can't simply ignore the obvious similarities with One Piece, though I don't think it is a negative aspect, as compared to other aspects I mentioned above.
-Overall I think, Fairy Tail is a better entertainer than many other mangas and has potential to become a flawless manga in the future. Though writer needs to work on various fronts to make it as good as Naruto, if not as good as One Piece.
As for your question, I think you should give it a try and then make your opinion rather than thinking about 'why it gets hate'. Because everyone popular thing has haters and Fairy Tail can't be an exception.lol
exactly. everyone knows fairy tail is a below average series, its just a mystery why their fans cant accept it.

oh yeah, and fanservice actually get in the way of the story, serious scene *insert fanservice or gag*....boom....tension destroyed.

misplaced fanservice, misplaced gags, misplaced speeches, misplaced friendship....i mean mashima cant even wait the right time he can have the fairy tail guild have a party. LOL!!!!

How come a develpment of a charcter gets destroyed when their loved ones come to life?They still cared about Lisanna even after her return.Asuma VS Mirjane fight.Hype for what?Yeah I agree that she didn't got enough Panel time
yeah it got destroyed because oda hyped something that turned into nothing....and he did that many times, like hyping sting to have a plan and then surrender like a pussay against fairy tail.

Then why did Lisanna remain dead?Jellal has nothing to do with Edolasl arc.It is for Mystogan+Lisanna+Exceed Mystery
lisanna was inserted clearly, the main thing about edolas are the exceeds and jellal (of edolas) and if lisanna was really part of the plan why did mashima treated her irrelevant after reintroducing her?

No,It is not.Natsu never expressed he has something about Lisanna.Only Lisanna thinks otherwise.Hiro can't go and edit his own manga pages which were already circulated.So even if he cares he can't do much about it except twisting something in future
still, natsu shouldve at least shown some kind of awkwardness or feelings for lisanna....stop defending obvious things, come on, lisanna was the same level as max right now in natsu's perspective LOL!!!!

and if natsu will treat him like that, why did mashima shwon natsu's past with lisanna? why all the hype in that backstory?

Irrelevant Your Posts say otherwise
typical fairy tail fan(girl) defense mechanism.

Good for you.Like I have said already,that is the specialty of the armor.Magic Rules are there for Following & breaking
its there for following and breaking, it works if its foreshadowed, if its pulled out of plot armor's ass it's looks like its BS.

this is hilarious, a fan defending the author that dont even respect their intellect. sweet.

Last edited:

beck26

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
this is a lot of typing being done, you guys must feel strongly about your opinions
yes man, as a former fan of the series, it gets me riled up when someone asks "is fairy tail good" and some teenage girl would reply "yes, its one of the best series ive seen"....then the guy will watch the series and waste his time.

believe me, in the first episode, lucy would be shown right away using her PLOT to get a discount and then natsu is the same guy from chapter 1 to the current chapter...he stays the same freakin dude we met in the first episode.

in the phantom of lord arc and tower of heaven, fairy tail was GOLD. you could make a case for natsu eating etherion since it gave him sickness for like a few days and i think it would play a major part in the future, but after that arcs....man, its going downhill.

in edolas arc its still tolerable, but after tenroujima arc, man....its annoying and tiring to watch.

oh, and dont even get me started the blantant rip-offs from different series which fairy tail fans supposedly "does not see" or "its just my opinion"

its annoys me even more when as a way to defend the BS of fairy tail, they mention other mangas, especially the big 3, like those mangas are excessive in those kind of things.

yes, not every series is perfect, but fairy tail's autohr does not even try and dont respect the logic of his fans...i cant understand why anyone could stand fairy fail.

unless of course, youre a little girl or boy that believes that everything can be solved with friendship and friendship speeches and loveteams.

Last edited:
Reactions: Conspirator.

UCE

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
yes man, as a former fan of the series, it gets me riled up when someone asks "is fairy tail good" and some teenage girl would reply "yes, its one of the best series ive seen"....then the guy will watch the series and waste his time.

believe me, in the first episode, lucy would be shown right away using her PLOT to get a discount and then natsu is the same guy from chapter 1 to the current chapter...he stays the same freakin dude we met in the first episode.

in the phantom of lord arc and tower of heaven, fairy tail was GOLD. you could make a case for natsu eating etherion since it gave him sickness for like a few days and i think it would play a major part in the future, but after that arcs....man, its going downhill.

in edolas arc its still tolerable, but after tenroujima arc, man....its annoying and tiring to watch.

oh, and dont even get me started the blantant rip-offs from different series which fairy tail fans supposedly "does not see" or "its just my opinion"

its annoys me even more when as a way to defend the BS of fairy tail, they mention other mangas, especially the big 3, like those mangas are excessive in those kind of things.

yes, not every series is perfect, but fairy tail's autohr does not even try and dont respect the logic of his fans...i cant understand why anyone could stand fairy fail.

unless of course, youre a little girl or boy that believes that everything can be solved with friendship and friendship speeches and loveteams.
nice BS You got here.

Rhythm

Regular
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

You are entitled to your own opinions, but I have to say that your wrong.
Currently FT is getting much better and it will keep improving.

Reactions: Memento Mori

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,041💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The biggest disappointment for me in the series are the villians :-

A) Hades : A villain who with just his name would invoke fear in you. You would think that he would be extremely powerful and it would take many people to defeat him. Granted, Lucy was able to destroy his power source; you would have at least expected a Tag team match of Natsu and Laxus VS Hades. Instead Hades gets one-shotted by Natsu and doesn't even make a comeback. Major Disappointment right there.

B) Future Rogue : Pretty much the biggest disappointment in the series; Future Rogue had a massive amount of Plot-potential. Instead of meeting Present Rogue; Interaction with the present characters, what was his daily experience in the future; he gets suddenly soloed by Natsu in just one chapter and his so called plan which had enormous plot potential burns to ashes. His sudden defeat pretty much ruined all my interest in the manga as I actually expected a lot of potential from him. The arc was epic until his sudden and rushed defeat.

Overall, I never really liked the way Villains were portrayed in the manga. It pretty much ruined the manga for me. The Fanservice imo doesn't help much either. The characters are also very good.

Reactions: Forbidden Tale

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
exactly. everyone knows fairy tail is a below average series, its just a mystery why their fans cant accept it.

oh yeah, and fanservice actually get in the way of the story, serious scene *insert fanservice or gag*....boom....tension destroyed.

misplaced fanservice, misplaced gags, misplaced speeches, misplaced friendship....i mean mashima cant even wait the right time he can have the fairy tail guild have a party. LOL!!!!
If not........Thanks for the laugh

yeah it got destroyed because oda hyped something that turned into nothing....and he did that many times, like hyping sting to have a plan and then surrender like a pussay against fairy tail.

lisanna was inserted clearly, the main thing about edolas are the exceeds and jellal (of edolas) and if lisanna was really part of the plan why did mashima treated her irrelevant after reintroducing her?
Her introduction is the one of the reason of that arc.So every character that re-introduced into should always stay relevant to the story even though it has nothing to do with?

still, natsu shouldve at least shown some kind of awkwardness or feelings for lisanna....stop defending obvious things, come on, lisanna was the same level as max right now in natsu's perspective LOL!!!!

and if natsu will treat him like that, why did mashima shwon natsu's past with lisanna? why all the hype in that backstory?
So,Natsu already showed his feeling on her many times throughout the series...Just because he didn't showed now doesn't mean he don't have any.Defending what?Re read what I said in previous post again & again

typical fairy tail fan(girl) defense mechanism.
Silly FT fan in disguise.....So far using your account all you posted is BS in FT section...An account created for that type?

its there for following and breaking, it works if its foreshadowed, if its pulled out of plot armor's ass it's looks like its BS.

this is hilarious, a fan defending the author that dont even respect their intellect. sweet.
Foreshadow the rules...?Thanks for another laugh.Re read again what I said in my previous post.

Nice amount of BS you posted again.Read what Sach tried to say again

Faily Tail is shit. There was a thread about "quelling the FT hate" and the arguments were....,.. my god. The bottom line is there are simply no redeeming qualities of the current state of FT. What on earth does FT bring to the table that other manga's do not? It has repulsive and mediocre shounen characters and an extremely platitudinous plot which contains tons of ecchi. This simply overshadows any of the fighting going on, and don't get me started on the friendship powerups/bs. LOL!
Read what I said above ^^

A) Hades : A villain who with just his name would invoke fear in you. You would think that he would be extremely powerful and it would take many people to defeat him. Granted, Lucy was able to destroy his power source; you would have at least expected a Tag team match of Natsu and Laxus VS Hades. Instead Hades gets one-shotted by Natsu and doesn't even make a comeback. Major Disappointment right there.

B) Future Rogue : Pretty much the biggest disappointment in the series; Future Rogue had a massive amount of Plot-potential. Instead of meeting Present Rogue; Interaction with the present characters, what was his daily experience in the future; he gets suddenly soloed by Natsu in just one chapter and his so called plan which had enormous plot potential burns to ashes. His sudden defeat pretty much ruined all my interest in the manga as I actually expected a lot of potential from him. The arc was epic until his sudden and rushed defeat.

Overall, I never really liked the way Villains were portrayed in the manga. It pretty much ruined the manga for me. The Fanservice imo doesn't help much either. The characters are also very good.
Yo!Dragonor...Long time!
You don't like Villains?No problem..Everyone has their taste of how villains should protrayed

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about You people stop whining about everything in FT you don't like?Why Obsessed with FT that much?

Reactions: UCE

Forbidden Tale

Veteran
Kin
27💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

^^ This

FT is not best series out there, but it isn't bad either. It wouldn't be one of the most popular series, if it is a bad. One could argue that there are series that are better than FT, but no one can argue that FT is bad.

The Sach

Legendary
Kin
41💸
Kumi
4,751💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But but but, I don't think fairy tail is below average series. I just said that fairy tail should do better and it has that potential as well.
But is it awesome series? No. It isn't completely shit as well.
I don't remember the moment when Fairy Tail fan service ruined the story. The only moment I can think about is the Lucy moment from the Grand Magic Games arc, there was absolutely no need for nude Lucy to fly in the air, especially when the entire world was fighting against dragons.:|
It isn't as bad as you made it look like, I know it isn't best manga in the world, but it isn't worst one either.

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

You basically called yourself out, "it's your opinion" and what you say is BS too! Hater logic; they don't care about logic. You know why? Because haters will always hate,mate. Nice youtube video you got there, we can use it as an example of "haters will always hate" correct? Who cares if a kid or whatever, drops the story? They have there likes,There are more fans around the world. Point invalid.

Again! The fanservice doesn't turn the series to crap. Is there is alot of that stuff, but who cares? Not me. And why are you even here brah? Get lost and ignore this section, it ain't for ya anyway.
All I want to say

Lol....We can find reviews of those types many in internet for each & every series or we can make one also.So your Point of it?

[video=youtube;-vduKayrmRg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vduKayrmRg[/video]

UCE

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
All I want to say

Lol....We can find reviews of those types many in internet for each & every series or we can make one also.So your Point of it?

[video=youtube;-vduKayrmRg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vduKayrmRg[/video]
Yeah sure. Haters Will hate and fans Will love :)

JStar King

Elite
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Natsu is a mary sue. He never loses. The timeskip was horrible and stupid. Hiro Mashima is a horrible writer and with the last Naruto chapter, Kishimoto is in the same league as him. Horrible.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
well, we shouldnt bash mangaka, there work is really tough and they work very hard
Moreover mangaka will write wat the local audience prefers and power of friendship is very popular theme in japan,

either way mangaka like kishi or hiro don't give 2 **** abt haters as their respective series is sellin well and steady
@beck26 so don't waste ur time hating on ft, either enjoy it or drop it

Vandenre1ch

Veteran
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Let me tackle this one more time. The OT wanted to know why FT gets so much hate. Not why any of you hate it personality. Stuff like "FT sucks!" ain't gonna cut it.

Comparison to One Piece: The main reason FT gets "blind" hate. Statistics showed that atleast 68% of people who watch/read FT has also seen One Piece. OP fans take one look at Ft's artwork and go "OMG Hiro's copying OP that means it it sucks! gwah go hah! Plagiarism!!" Actually, FT and OP artwork, not character design, but artwork being similar is justified. Hiro and Oda used to work together for many years and are friends. Working on the same projects for years, its understandable that Hiro and Oda has developed similar primary drawing styles. However, whats really eerily similar are the designs and backgrounds of the main FT(Natsu, Lucy, Gray, Erza, Wendy) cast compared to the main OP cast(Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Chopper, Robin).

Natsu and Luffy: Both are goofy, gluttonous morons with no sense of danger. Both are the least intelligent of their respective groups and is VERY reckless. Both has a piece of clothing that is extremely important to them(Scarf for Natsu, Hat for Luffy).

Gray and Zoro: Both men are the opposite of the main characters. Both are always arguing with their polar opposites prtrayed by fire. Both men are the cool badasses of their respective groups and seemingly has no interest in women. Both men had a run in with a purple haired woman who looks exactly like a purple-haired woman in their past life(Ultear for Gray, Tashigi for Zoro).

Lucy and Nami: Both are the main heroins of their respective series. Both are the busty fanservice icons of their series. Both desperately needed money to pay off something. Both ususally wacks/gets annoyed at the main charater for being stupid.

Erza and Robin: Both women were on an island were they befriended someone(Jellal for Erza, Saul for Robin). The islands of both women eventualy came under attack with resulted in them losing a friend(Jellal becoming a psycho, Saul dying). The escape ships in the flashbacks of both women blew up and they emmdiately left the island all alone. Both became/were outcast on their respective islands(Erza became an outcast when the escape ship blew up, Robin has always been an outcast because of her ability). Both women found a place where they belonged but "ghost from the past" came back to haunt them(Jellal for Erza, Spandam and Buster Call for Robin). Both women gave themselves up to protect their friends but their friends tried to help them anyways. After repeatedly trying to throw their friends away, both women eventually gave in, accepted their help, defeated the bad guys and lived happily ever after.

Wendy and Chopper: Both are the smallest and doctors of their respective groups(Both can heal their allies). Both are "wolfs in sheeps clothing." Small cute Wendy is a freaking dragon and small cute Chopper can turn into a giant sasquatch.

Gildarts and Shanks: an obvious one

Future Rogue and Blackbeard: Both men are represnted by black an killed and ally of theirs that was represnted by white. Both men stole their former allies' powers.

OP fan hatred of FT due to character similarities is jusified.

Characters: FT has a great variety of characters but alot of them lack depth. Natsu, the main character, has no developnment whatsoever and Laxus, a super popular FT character, had horrid negative development. Some of the villains of FT had alot of potential, but they were killed off and beaten in a very similar and repititive way.

Plot: the weakest thing about FT. Some haters say "FT has no plot at all!" and they can go suck a d#%k. FT has a plot but it was WEAK early on in the series. The only thing we knew was the dragons disappeard and Natsu wants to find one of them. WEAK!! FT finally got a good plot with the Zeref buisness in the Tenryu Island arc which is quite a distance away for those at the beginning of the series. The plot as a hole is still average at best. Its a plot that not alot of people would become invested in. A thing that gets in the way of the plot is the extreme nakam power ups. Alot of poeple finds it cheesy and predictable. It gets in the way of the drama and makes it pointless(like Wendy possibly dying from face. You could see her survivng from a mile away and it made the drama buliding up her possible death cheesy and pointless).

Final Verdict: People shouldn't get into Fairy Tail with high expectations. FT is far from perfect. Readers generally look for complexity and bash FT for not being complex(yet poeple love the s#%t out of DBZ). Ft is all about simplisity people! Simplisity over complexity. FT is pure raw entertainment. A simple happy-go-lucky action shonen with humour, fanservice and a dash of complexity here and there(not much of it though). FT is just a fun read and does what it does best: entertain. Evident by being in the top 10 best-selling ongoing manga in Japan.

Reactions: Forbidden Tale

UnrealSoul

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have read all the current manga chapters. As of now in the current arc the plot has gotten interesting for me as far as my standards go. E.N.D has brought theorys and more paths for the plot to take. If it goes down the dark path I think it would then FT potential will increase greatly plot wise.

Just read the manga and you will have your opinion of FT. I am highly annoyed with the Narkama things and villains easily defeated because of it. Even after beating the heroes into a bloody pulp. The only true battle they lost and technically won( Only because of natsu and his connections) was the end of the magic games arc.

I even dropped FT before I got to the island arc with zeref because the Narkama thing defying all odds(I mean imminent death). Then I gave FT a retry all the way till the current chapters.

Last edited: