[Discussion] Do you accept the theory of evolution?

Do you accept evolution by natural selection?

• Yes

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Yes, but not natural selection as the only mechanism

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Yes, but I think God started it and guided it

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Evolution is a conspiracy and a lie

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • I don't know/don't care

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters

NarutoKage2

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not really a theory anymore, mate :|
Yeah, its a fact, mate I know. Just wanted to know peoples consensus.
Dunno,i kinda partially believe,but I still think it's one of those things that can't be explained or is false like the big-bang. I believe humans evolve,but I consider the human mind in this case,i don't believe we were apes,but regarding other species i'm completely accepting of the theory.
I already said no religious argument on this thread, but why do you object to human evolution other than that? Or is religion the only reason since you accept it with regards to other animals? In that case , don't reply please as this thread is NOT about religious objections/reasons.

Natsu Shazneel

Banned
Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Evolution is the basis of your immune system. It's why vaccines work. The reason Europeans were immune to, or able to stronger withstand, the diseases they brought that killed the Natives were because their immune systems had been exposed to them for generations and generations, giving the systems the advantage of adapting to them to withstand them. That's evolution.
So Europeans are from another planet?

NarutoKage2

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not enough evidence to convince me as to how it actually works or as if it works.
How it works is really simple. Species adapt to their environment by differential gene replication(some animals being able to have babies while others don't) and differential survival(some traits, like long beaks for a bird, or long legs for a deer, help it to survive better in its environment. Until eventually the only deer's left are the ones with the longest legs or the only birds left are the ones with the longest beaks etc). This process of survival and replication takes many generations, obviously and keeps adjusting in response to the environment as well. The changes in response to the differential survival that a species undergoes, is evolution .

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Reactions: The Necromancer

Uzumaki Menma

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Europeans can withstand diseases few humans can't. Making them special beings brought to this planet by some sort of magical power.
Europeans bodies had already been tested through these diseases. Also, there habitat (temperature, elevation, etc.) were vastly different than the Native Americans which means their body had to become accustomed to their certain location. Therefore, a bug that wiped out a tribe of Native Americans might've not caused any significant harm to a German.

Made in Heaven

Supreme
Kin
5💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Europeans bodies had already been tested through these diseases. Also, there habitat (temperature, elevation, etc.) were vastly different than the Native Americans which means their body had to become accustomed to their certain location. Therefore, a bug that wiped out a tribe of Native Americans might've not caused any significant harm to a German.
But they're still humans, no? :/

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
But they're still humans, no? :/
Their species has absolutely nothing to do with it. Native Americans had never been exposed to the diseases, ever, so their immune systems had no defense against it.

Europeans were exposed to the diseases for generations, so their immune systems developed defenses to them. Eventually, after generations of exposure, Native Americans have also developed the same defense mechanisms the Europeans have.

That's how vaccines work. Vaccines are an inert version of the strain that causes the disease. The immune system familiarizes itself with the strain, and when the strain capable of causing the disease actually occurs, the immune system has a defense mechanism against it. Evolution.

Made in Heaven

Supreme
Kin
5💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Their species has absolutely nothing to do with it. Native Americans had never been exposed to the diseases, ever, so their immune systems had no defense against it.

Europeans were exposed to the diseases for generations, so their immune systems developed defenses to them. Eventually, after generations of exposure, Native Americans have also developed the same defense mechanisms the Europeans have.

That's how vaccines work. Vaccines are an inert version of the strain that causes the disease. The immune system familiarizes itself with the strain, and when the strain capable of causing the disease actually occurs, the immune system has a defense mechanism against it. Evolution.
I understand all that. I thought we were discussing the changing of species here.

Uzumaki Menma

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I understand all that. I thought we were discussing the changing of species here.
We're showcasing that the effects of Evolution don't have to be so apparent in the form of one species to another, but can also occur on a micro and minute level for us to understand it the same way.

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yes, yes and again, yes.
It's not even a "theory" anymore, as Uzumaki Menma already said. I don't get how someone could not accept it as a fact.
I mean, we just have to look at our current animals and all the fossils that we got.
Whatever. I don't want to argue over it, especially not with religious peole.

But yes, evolution all the way.