Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Answers in the quote. Okay, if you don't have any answers, let's start with Mamaragan.

Okay so, it has the generic number of tentacles, so 4. You're about right in the height, each tentacle around 1 meter, 1,5 meters. The polyp moves through tumble, basically, it moves it's mouth/head downwards, touching the ground, and then releases the suction off his foot, basically doing a flip. It's a weird way to move, but it is real lol. So yeah, he can tumble around. He does not require water, the lightning keeps him structurally sound for the short remainder of his stay in battle.

Also, Mamaragan has lightning affinity, same as the tiny medusas, but can't use Lightning techniques. In Polyp form, he can use Box Arts.
Lol That's funny. But I assume in water, it can move normally, right?

Ok my question is, can I summon them after my opponent has released a lightening attack? I mean will it be able to defend me successfully??

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Lol That's funny. But I assume in water, it can move normally, right?

Ok my question is, can I summon them after my opponent has released a lightening attack? I mean will it be able to defend me successfully??
Some polyps can have a sort of wiggly swimming ability, but the main method of motion is the tumble...

Depends on the lightning, it is a summoning, so beware of the speed, but it should give you a nice defense.

Okay, a note on the ability. This turns any lightning attack and electricity gathering into a shapeless mass of lightning that takes the most direct path towards the polyp. It loses piercing ability, but is still a great discharge of lightning, if someone were to step in between the lightning and the polyp. So you need to watch out for where you summon the polyp, and keep in mind where you are and where it is. The speed the lightning travels as it is being absorbed by the polyp is roughly the average speed of a normal lightning technique, say something like the flight of an arrow or something like that.

Flash

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Some polyps can have a sort of wiggly swimming ability, but the main method of motion is the tumble...

Depends on the lightning, it is a summoning, so beware of the speed, but it should give you a nice defense.

Okay, a note on the ability. This turns any lightning attack and electricity gathering into a shapeless mass of lightning that takes the most direct path towards the polyp. It loses piercing ability, but is still a great discharge of lightning, if someone were to step in between the lightning and the polyp. So you need to watch out for where you summon the polyp, and keep in mind where you are and where it is. The speed the lightning travels as it is being absorbed by the polyp is roughly the average speed of a normal lightning technique, say something like the flight of an arrow or something like that.
Alright then. We can continue U_U

Flash

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Let's do Coco Macaque now
( Koukurage Kuchiyose no Jutsu: Toppi Shitei ) Box Jellyfish Summoning Jutsu: Coco Macaque
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short (summoning the Larvae) / Long (On transmission)
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: N/A
Description: Allows the user to summon and vanish a pair of Coco Macaque. These Larvae are all linked together by chakra, so much that by charging chakra through one will be felt by the others. The user of this technique will summon a larvae on him/herself, and the other on any Box short range from the user, allowing the user to charge chakra through the Coco Macaque that will be felt by the Box, and the other way around as long as the larvae are in the user's and targeted Box's possession. Through a common understanding, the different intensities of the chakra information or frequency of information allows messages to be sent through any distance.
*It transfers just a signal, a small fluctuation. It is neither able to break someone from a genjutsu or block an attack like Minato's technique. It's like morse code. It's purpose is the same as morse code, being a form of primitive communication.*
*Coco Macaque twins can stay indefinitely in the battle, but there are only 4 pairs of twins in Archipelago (per contract holder)*
*Can be used by other Boxes*
*These larvae can't use jutsus*

Lol Its a funny name. Looked up on the net and found it is a magic stick in Haitian voodoo.
As I understand, they are more like devices that can be used by allies correct? It can detect if a person is in genjutsu and tell the twin about it.
It can stay indefinitely in a battle, Does that mean, I can use any other box while coco is in play?

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
( Koukurage Kuchiyose no Jutsu: Toppi Shitei ) Box Jellyfish Summoning Jutsu: Coco Macaque
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short (summoning the Larvae) / Long (On transmission)
Chakra Cost: 10
Description: Allows the user to summon and vanish a pair of Coco Macaque. These Larvae are all linked together by chakra, so much that by charging chakra through one will be felt by the others. The user of this technique will summon a larvae on him/herself, and the other on any Box short range from the user, allowing the user to charge chakra through the Coco Macaque that will be felt by the Box, and the other way around as long as the larvae are in the user's and targeted Box's possession. Through a common understanding, the different intensities of the chakra information or frequency of information allows messages to be sent through any distance.
*It transfers just a signal, a small fluctuation. It is neither able to break someone from a genjutsu or block an attack like Minato's technique. It's like morse code. It's purpose is the same as morse code, being a form of primitive communication.*
*Coco Macaque twins can stay indefinitely in the battle, but there are only 4 pairs of twins in Archipelago (per contract holder)*
*Can be used by other Boxes*
*These larvae can't use jutsus*

Lol Its a funny name. Looked up on the net and found it is a magic stick in Haitian voodoo.
As I understand, they are more like devices that can be used by allies correct? It can detect if a person is in genjutsu and tell the twin about it.
It can stay indefinitely in a battle, Does that mean, I can use any other box while coco is in play?

Well, their main purpose was to be used in the NW, mimicking Parrot's Message jutsu. Supposedly, it was an instant way to deliver messages to a summon located at a safe area, so that, as soon as you'd get in trouble, you'd relay the distress call and the summon would reverse you from the battle and into the safe area. Now, though, time/space travel is frowned upon, even though one could technically do it, avoiding capture/death but still assuming defeat (and thus, removing oneself from the battle event). Again, because it is a product of the old rules, it is not as efficient as it was.

You can use any box with this active, this is supposed to be more of a Box Arts jutsu than a Box Summoning jutsu, but, at the time, I needed more Normal Custom Jutsu spots available, so I had to put them in the spots reserved to summonings. I might replace this jutsu with a different box, to add more animals to the contract, and re-submit this as a Box Art, or just get rid of it altogether.

What do you think?

Flash

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, their main purpose was to be used in the NW, mimicking Parrot's Message jutsu. Supposedly, it was an instant way to deliver messages to a summon located at a safe area, so that, as soon as you'd get in trouble, you'd relay the distress call and the summon would reverse you from the battle and into the safe area. Now, though, time/space travel is frowned upon, even though one could technically do it, avoiding capture/death but still assuming defeat (and thus, removing oneself from the battle event). Again, because it is a product of the old rules, it is not as efficient as it was.

You can use any box with this active, this is supposed to be more of a Box Arts jutsu than a Box Summoning jutsu, but, at the time, I needed more Normal Custom Jutsu spots available, so I had to put them in the spots reserved to summonings. I might replace this jutsu with a different box, to add more animals to the contract, and re-submit this as a Box Art, or just get rid of it altogether.

What do you think?
Hey, I remember a fight of your's where you were trapped in a coffin of some sort and you used a summon to get out of there...it was you right? :p

Well, although this might not have any application in present day scenario, but yeah, it does give the user the ability to save himself at the cost of defeat. So its a good jutsu, and an innovative one at that. And I do believe it can be used in the future as well.

And hey, how about I submit one box art for you? I mean, you could save up on a spot for other jutsus. Besides this is the least I can do for you to letting me sign the boxes.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hey, I remember a fight of your's where you were trapped in a coffin of some sort and you used a summon to get out of there...it was you right? :p

Well, although this might not have any application in present day scenario, but yeah, it does give the user the ability to save himself at the cost of defeat. So its a good jutsu, and an innovative one at that. And I do believe it can be used in the future as well.

And hey, how about I submit one box art for you? I mean, you could save up on a spot for other jutsus. Besides this is the least I can do for you to letting me sign the boxes.
Yep. If there's something sketchy happening in the new world, I'm probably the perpetrator.

Glad to hear it. Well, I recently tried submitting Siva and Wagyl's Pit, maybe you'd like to carry one or the other?

Flash

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yep. If there's something sketchy happening in the new world, I'm probably the perpetrator.

Glad to hear it. Well, I recently tried submitting Siva and Wagyl's Pit, maybe you'd like to carry one or the other?
lol yeah.

And sure, just tell me what to resubmit, and I'll do it :)

Flash

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Will do once you finish the Box Arts :)

Okay so, next Box. Let's go with an actual medusa. Which one would you like to learn first, Marinette or Mauna Loa? Describe that one
( Koukurage Kuchyose no Jutsu: Nagai Yama ) Box Jellyfish Summoning Technique: Mauna Loa
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 30
Description: Mauna Loa is a huge box jellyfish with Fire Affinity. It has a floater 0.5x0.5m and tentacles reaching up to 10 meters. Having affinity with fire allows him to heat up his body to extreme temperatures, while the chakra protects him from drying/burning and thus death. He uses his body temperature to either swim in the ground, leaving behind a trail of molten rock, or hovering in the air, by shifting the temperatures and creating air pockets, both techniques equivalent to an A rank technique, thus counting towards the jutsu count. He is able to use Fire techniques up to S-rank.
*The user is able to summon him already on the ground or hovering, both Summoning and the Hoovering/Ground technique counting as 1 jutsu. Shifting between ground/air afterwards will count as additional jutsus*
*While in water, if still hot, Mauna Loa will produce steam*
*Lasts 4 turns max*
*Can only be summoned once per battle*
*Mauna Loa's techniques count towards the users move count*

I just love it the way you make even the simplest summons so useful :p
That hovering thing =D

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
( Koukurage Kuchyose no Jutsu: Nagai Yama ) Box Jellyfish Summoning Technique: Mauna Loa
Description: Mauna Loa is a huge box jellyfish with Fire Affinity. It has a floater 0.5x0.5m and tentacles reaching up to 10 meters. Having affinity with fire allows him to heat up his body to extreme temperatures, while the chakra protects him from drying/burning and thus death. He uses his body temperature to either swim in the ground, leaving behind a trail of molten rock, or hovering in the air, by shifting the temperatures and creating air pockets, both techniques equivalent to an A rank technique, thus counting towards the jutsu count. He is able to use Fire techniques up to S-rank.
*The user is able to summon him already on the ground or hovering, both Summoning and the Hoovering/Ground technique counting as 1 jutsu. Shifting between ground/air afterwards will count as additional jutsus*
*While in water, if still hot, Mauna Loa will produce steam*
*Lasts 4 turns max*
*Can only be summoned once per battle*
*Mauna Loa's techniques count towards the users move count*

I just love it the way you make even the simplest summons so useful :p
That hovering thing =D
Yeah, it's a nice summon. The main thing when creating Boxes was overcome their main weakness in a creative way (if possible). The weakness being, obviously, their inability to survive outside water. Okay, if you don't have any question, Marinette then

Flash

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah, it's a nice summon. The main thing when creating Boxes was overcome their main weakness in a creative way (if possible). The weakness being, obviously, their inability to survive outside water. Okay, if you don't have any question, Marinette then
Yeah lol. This definitely has made me rethink about resubmitting my snakes without some special and creative ability :p

( Koukurage Kuchyose no Jutsu: Kyoudan ) Box Jellyfish Summoning Technique: Marinette
Range: N/A
Description: Marinette is large yet slender box jellyfish with Earth Affinity. Because of that, although strong and steady, she appears to be drier and more frail than other boxes, almost as if made of sand cloth,allowing her to remain out of water. She is able to freely alter her weight from milligrams to tons, with earth chakra, and move underground as if it was water. Combining both, she can propel herself out of the ground and soar in the air for quite long time, almost as if floating. She is a master of Ta Moko. Increasing the height and hardness of her thin tentacles, she can increase their size with such speed and strength that they act like bullets, at a speed that isn't easily discernible for untrained eyes (non Strong Fist Masters) or people with at least 1 Tomoe Sharingan or Byakugan.
*Except when using Ta Moko, Marinette's ability to shift her weight costs 1 jutsu*
*Can stay in battle for 4 turns max*
*Can only be used twice if not injured*

A special ability box....but it can't use earth techniques eh?
But, its cool how it can change its weight :p
I presume Ta moko would be some box art?
And both Marinette and Mauna Loa are medusas right?

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah lol. This definitely has made me rethink about resubmitting my snakes without some special and creative ability :p

( Koukurage Kuchyose no Jutsu: Kyoudan ) Box Jellyfish Summoning Technique: Marinette
Range: N/A
Description: Marinette is large yet slender box jellyfish with Earth Affinity. Because of that, although strong and steady, she appears to be drier and more frail than other boxes, almost as if made of sand cloth,allowing her to remain out of water. She is able to freely alter her weight from milligrams to tons, with earth chakra, and move underground as if it was water. Combining both, she can propel herself out of the ground and soar in the air for quite long time, almost as if floating. She is a master of Ta Moko. Increasing the height and hardness of her thin tentacles, she can increase their size with such speed and strength that they act like bullets, at a speed that isn't easily discernible for untrained eyes (non Strong Fist Masters) or people with at least 1 Tomoe Sharingan or Byakugan.
*Except when using Ta Moko, Marinette's ability to shift her weight costs 1 jutsu*
*Can stay in battle for 4 turns max*
*Can only be used twice if not injured*

A special ability box....but it can't use earth techniques eh?
But, its cool how it can change its weight :p
I presume Ta moko would be some box art?
And both Marinette and Mauna Loa are medusas right?
All correct. In regards to the access to Elemental Ninjutsu, some of them were meant to have it, but I forgot to add it. Either way, although I recognize it's usefulness in competing with other summons and people, I don't really like it all that much. But we can ressubmit a few of these in order to give them some sort of elemental ninjutsu (Up to a certain rank, or something of the sorts)

Go to my thread and pick up Ta Moko from the Box Arts list, and analyze it.

Flash

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
( Kouton: Horimono ) Box Arts: Ta Moko
Range: Self
Chakra Cost: 20
Description: This stands as the ability that Archipelago's Box Jellyfishes have to stretch out their tentacles 3 times the original size. Each usage allows the Box to stretch 2 tentacles, and then return them
back to normal. Human summoners mimic this technique by summoning a box on their back, with long tentacles, which wraps around the user's arms, legs and face, giving them the appearance of Moko, elegant carvings wore by Maori villagers, which can then manipulate and stretch the
tentacles up to Mid-Range. The tentacles have the particularity of having one side with nematocysts and one side without. The side that attaches to the skin is without
nematocysts.
*Each usage of the technique stretches 2 tentacles*
*Summoning the tentacled box uses the same technique, but requires 3 handseals*
*The tentacles last 3 turns on human summoners, after which, the user must wait 1 turn to summon them again*
*Human summoners have higher resistance to the poison, but are not immune*

Looks good. Its more like forming of Sasuke's susanoo :p

Okay, if I understand correctly, this technique also allows us to summon a canon box right? Or do we need to summon a box first and then use this?

And a question in general. How do summons poison their targets? Is everyone capable of doing that? Or only the summons who have the ability mentioned can do it?

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
( Kouton: Horimono ) Box Arts: Ta Moko
Range: Self
Chakra Cost: 20
Description: This stands as the ability that Archipelago's Box Jellyfishes have to stretch out their tentacles 3 times the original size. Each usage allows the Box to stretch 2 tentacles, and then return them
back to normal. Human summoners mimic this technique by summoning a box on their back, with long tentacles, which wraps around the user's arms, legs and face, giving them the appearance of Moko, elegant carvings wore by Maori villagers, which can then manipulate and stretch the
tentacles up to Mid-Range. The tentacles have the particularity of having one side with nematocysts and one side without. The side that attaches to the skin is without
nematocysts.
*Each usage of the technique stretches 2 tentacles*
*Summoning the tentacled box uses the same technique, but requires 3 handseals*
*The tentacles last 3 turns on human summoners, after which, the user must wait 1 turn to summon them again*
*Human summoners have higher resistance to the poison, but are not immune*

Looks good. Its more like forming of Sasuke's susanoo :p

Okay, if I understand correctly, this technique also allows us to summon a canon box right? Or do we need to summon a box first and then use this?

And a question in general. How do summons poison their targets? Is everyone capable of doing that? Or only the summons who have the ability mentioned can do it?
How is it like Sasuke's Susanoo? It's just stretching tentacles...

yeah, it summons a box automatically. But it is not a fully functional box, it can't use any jutsu, including Box Arts, it is more like a tool.

I thought I explained it already. Imagine you were a Box, your skin would be punctuated by tiny cells with a tiny harpoon inside. Each harpoon cell has the cocktail of venom. When something touches the cell, it activates a triggering system, that pops upon the lid of the cell and the harpoon, which was tightly coiled inside, shoot out, piercing the skin of the target and spreading the venom, microscopically. Now, almost every cell of your skin has an harpoon, so, if you have like a finger triggering the cells on your arm, something like dozens of harpoons are shooting at the same time, piercing the finger in multiple places. Even the venom itself would be able to burn the skin, let alone when the harpoon actually pierces the skin-

These harpoon cells are called Nematocysts, and only the Boxes have them. All Medusa Boxes have them, including all the ones we mentioned so far, and that is the default state. If the technique doesn't mention anything, then the box is considered to have nematocysts everywhere but the floater, but could have. Polyps are considered to not have nematocysts by default, but could have in their tentacles. Larvae are considered to not have nematocysts, and can't have. All the could have must be described in the technique, or else default ensues. Some special boxes, like the box a human summoner of Ta Moko uses, only has nematocyst on half of it's tentacles.

No human can have natural nematocysts, we can't produce venom and we can't directly manipulate it, though the venom can be infused in water, and we can then manipulate the water.

Flash

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
How is it like Sasuke's Susanoo? It's just stretching tentacles...

yeah, it summons a box automatically. But it is not a fully functional box, it can't use any jutsu, including Box Arts, it is more like a tool.

I thought I explained it already. Imagine you were a Box, your skin would be punctuated by tiny cells with a tiny harpoon inside. Each harpoon cell has the cocktail of venom. When something touches the cell, it activates a triggering system, that pops upon the lid of the cell and the harpoon, which was tightly coiled inside, shoot out, piercing the skin of the target and spreading the venom, microscopically. Now, almost every cell of your skin has an harpoon, so, if you have like a finger triggering the cells on your arm, something like dozens of harpoons are shooting at the same time, piercing the finger in multiple places. Even the venom itself would be able to burn the skin, let alone when the harpoon actually pierces the skin-

These harpoon cells are called Nematocysts, and only the Boxes have them. All Medusa Boxes have them, including all the ones we mentioned so far, and that is the default state. If the technique doesn't mention anything, then the box is considered to have nematocysts everywhere but the floater, but could have. Polyps are considered to not have nematocysts by default, but could have in their tentacles. Larvae are considered to not have nematocysts, and can't have. All the could have must be described in the technique, or else default ensues. Some special boxes, like the box a human summoner of Ta Moko uses, only has nematocyst on half of it's tentacles.

No human can have natural nematocysts, we can't produce venom and we can't directly manipulate it, though the venom can be infused in water, and we can then manipulate the water.
Oh sorry, I might've forgotten...but now it makes it very clear :p

Flash

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay then, let's move on to Coatrischie
( Koukurage Kuchyose no Jutsu: ) Box Jellyfish Summoning Technique: Coatrischie
Description: Coatrishie is a clan of Archipelago Boxes that has wind chakra, and a higher resistance to drought. They come in various sizes, from very small ones to large enough to carry 2 people in their floater. They can swim freely through the air as they can through the water. Twice per battle, they can charge wind jutsu on their tentacles, acquiring a saw-like appearance, equivalent to A rank and will last for 2 turns max each time.
*Can only stay on field for 5 turns max unless there is a water source nearby, in which case they can bathe in the water and renew the duration of their stay by 5 more turns*
*Can only summon up to 3 Coatrishie per battle but only one at a time*

10 turns on the field nice :p
But I don't see its use except short range, is there any?

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
( Koukurage Kuchyose no Jutsu: ) Box Jellyfish Summoning Technique: Coatrischie
Description: Coatrishie is a clan of Archipelago Boxes that has wind chakra, and a higher resistance to drought. They come in various sizes, from very small ones to large enough to carry 2 people in their floater. They can swim freely through the air as they can through the water. Twice per battle, they can charge wind jutsu on their tentacles, acquiring a saw-like appearance, equivalent to A rank and will last for 2 turns max each time.
*Can only stay on field for 5 turns max unless there is a water source nearby, in which case they can bathe in the water and renew the duration of their stay by 5 more turns*
*Can only summon up to 3 Coatrishie per battle but only one at a time*

10 turns on the field nice :p
But I don't see its use except short range, is there any?
Not 10 turns, indefinitely, for as long as you can submerge it every 5 turns.

This is a supplementary summoning, meant for you to achieve flight. Its offensive abilities are secondary