Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
By skipping the form? LOL. Especially look at how long SSj2 took earlier on, while him going SSJ against broly took about as long as it did against broly. About the "gotenks skipping forms", no, he would have to obtain SSJ2. There was a split second while gotenks was turning SSJ3 where his hair extended a little bit and the electricity formed. Oh yeah what was that? SSJ2.
IMO I always I knew that Gotenks can turn easily SSJ2, but why stay just there when you have SSJ3. It's clear though.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

JStar King

Elite
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Broly would destroy Cell in any form. It took Gohan to defeat Super Perfect Cell, but it took not only Gohan, but Trunks, Goten, and Goku to take Broly down. Broly is a beast. He can own Bills as well if he was alive.

UchihaNagashi

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
+ This statement.

''On p.62-63, it says that Super Saiyan 2 is twice as strong as regular Super Saiyan, and that Super Saiyan 3 is four times as strong as Super Saiyan 2.''

If he has no SSJ2, I wonder what his SSJ3 multiplier was.

I can't think anything else but someone officially mentally retarded trying to disprove that skipping stages without being able to achieve the lesser transformation is possible.

Murasame

Elite
Kin
12💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lmao bro. Okay.

No, you can't do that. You have to be in Super Saiyan to further speed it up, like Gotenks and Goku did. And to do that, you need to have 2 stage difference between the form you're in and going into. But since he transformed in base, that's not possible. Saying otherwise is a baseless statement, and Goku & Gotenks' transformation supports my argument.
I'll just give you this point since I really only care about your other ones.
He wasn't SSJ2 that time. In the original Japanese manga, he never transformed further SSJ1. You can see no sparks and he went from base. He hasn't trained, and can't really go that fast that easily.

But we know that when he turns SSJ2 he has lightning aura.

Lml so you're telling me Gohan wouldn't use his full power to destroy Buu before he hatches? In that scene Gohan was angry but you think he would restrain himself? Lol ok. If that was ssj 1 gohan then dabura could've easily stopped his blast since he is after all on Cell's level of power and then this gohan is weaker. DBZ has been known to be inconsistent so perhaps they were inconsistent with his transformation phase.
Also, to further disprove that hair statement, here's contradictions when Gohan has been SSJ, but he had only one hair lock.

I would like to see the full manga scans or better yet chapters so I can see to make sure that this isnt gohan going from ssj1 to ssj 2 or whatever before I can possibly believe you.
Anyways he may have one hair strand there but there are still differences in the two because Gohans hair is much more spikier in the ssj2 images than his ssj 1.
Conclusion is that Gohan was SSJ1. Transformations between fights are never offpanel. Here are even more examples:

Same as above.

You've yet to explain why a weaker less trained Gohan put up a better fight than everyone in the past including his younger self (who is a stronger version). Also notice how Broly went into LSSJ when he could've still taken him as a ssj. Because Gohan went into ssj 2 plain and simple.

Reactions: UchihaNagashi

Autism

Banned
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
LOL?
If that was ssj 1 gohan then dabura could've easily stopped his blast since he is after all on Cell's level of power and then this gohan is weaker. DBZ has been known to be inconsistent so perhaps they were inconsistent with his transformation phase
At perfect cells level, and maybe half since that was the level Goku fought him at. Nothing implies he meant full power which wasn't even being completely observed by goku (just him aweing at gohan), or especially at super perfect form.
I would like to see the full manga scans or better yet chapters so I can see to make sure that this isnt gohan going from ssj1 to ssj 2 or whatever before I can possibly believe you.
What do you mean? It still takes time and there's no such thing as "skipping a form". The hair does NOT matter even with the exact patterns, show the electricity if you're trying to commodate for him being in SSJ2 against broly. There's also the timelapse it takes, which the only possible argument against that would be to not take up movie time, but if that were the case, there'd be no power up at all.
You've yet to explain why a weaker less trained Gohan put up a better fight than everyone in the past including his younger self (who is a stronger version). Also notice how Broly went into LSSJ when he could've still taken him as a ssj. Because Gohan went into ssj 2 plain and simple
No, and if it was, like you said there'd be no use for a change. Show the electricity, the hair-strands are irrelevant. Movie 10 is highly, highly inconsistent, especially with what you mentioned. The thing is gohan was in MSSJ which is miles above SSJ, which was the form they were in in the movie. Again, broly takes place in a timeline where MSSJ can't exist for whatever reason.

UchihaNagashi

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Lml so you're telling me Gohan wouldn't use his full power to destroy Buu before he hatches? In that scene Gohan was angry but you think he would restrain himself? Lol ok. If that was ssj 1 gohan then dabura could've easily stopped his blast since he is after all on Cell's level of power and then this gohan is weaker. DBZ has been known to be inconsistent so perhaps they were inconsistent with his transformation phase.
You can't just do that, SSJ forms strain the body. If Gohan went to SSJ2, sure, he could probably shoot a blast once but he hasn't trained at all, he could lose the form after awhile. People don't generally go into their strongest forms at the start, like Goku didn't want to go SSJ3 although he could've wiped the floor with Fat Buu.

Anyways he may have one hair strand there but there are still differences in the two because Gohans hair is much more spikier in the ssj2 images than his ssj 1.
Okay, from left to right.

2. This is after the scan 4.

Same as above.

You've yet to explain why a weaker less trained Gohan put up a better fight than everyone in the past including his younger self (who is a stronger version). Also notice how Broly went into LSSJ when he could've still taken him as a ssj. Because Gohan went into ssj 2 plain and simple.
Broly was beaten by Goku, and could've been weakened. ''Taking hits'' is a subjective opinion. He was getting fairly much beaten around. Goku also wasn't exactly that bad, he was getting beaten up but wasn't murdered. And it had different writers. Many factors. That alone doesn't prove that Gohan was SSJ2.

kyubbi sagemode

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
lol, firstly the one who designed these characters was Tadayoshi Yamamuro, anime can easily change character desgins (like when Naruto's BM and KCM have purple lines, manga has black, Itachi' Susano'O is supposed to be yellow but it's red).

Toei didn't animate this, didn't produce this, didn't write and didn't even direct shit. He had zero influence when the film was made. lol, ''confirmed''. Log off.

Watch carefully, when he breaks the rock pillar with his transformation you can clearly see electric aura. When he has already fully transformed it's not there though. And that's only one video?
Bro your dumb af. There's already a lot of evidence saying he was ssj2. Stop being in denial I remember even renting Broly second coming and on the back of the movie box it said gohan was ssj2

UchihaNagashi

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Bro your dumb af. There's already a lot of evidence saying he was ssj2. Stop being in denial I remember even renting Broly second coming and on the back of the movie box it said gohan was ssj2
Don't start crying when your posts have been disproven, unless you want me to send you in an emergency room kid.

You have no proof STFU.

From the Daizenshuu itself, now can put this shit to rest.
Lmao, SSJ Gohan has one hair lock, SSJ2 also has one, you didn't put anything to rest.

Lol

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Don't start crying when your posts have been disproven, unless you want me to send you in an emergency room kid.

You have no proof STFU.

Lmao, SSJ Gohan has one hair lock, SSJ2 also has one, you didn't put anything to rest.

Lol
Gohan's hair in the concept drawing for Movie 10, which is Second Coming, is identical to that of the concept drawing for SS2 Gohan during the Buu Saga, and significantly more defined than the hair for the concept drawing of Gohan in SS1. This has been put to rest.

Autism

Banned
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Gohan's hair in the concept drawing for Movie 10, which is Second Coming, is identical to that of the concept drawing for SS2 Gohan during the Buu Saga, and significantly more defined than the hair for the concept drawing of Gohan in SS1. This has been put to rest
Your whole argument is instantly refuted at the fact that you
1. Can't show the electricity
2. Can't account for the time lapse it took for Gohan to turn into SSJ2 (it took a reasonable amount of time in the buu tournament, it was also harder for him to use than Vegeta and Goku so he couldn't do it in a second)
3. Multiple writers writing the series non-canonically, discrediting several feats from the series like that

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Your whole argument is instantly refuted at the fact that you
1. Can't show the electricity
2. Can't account for the time lapse it took for Gohan to turn into SSJ2 (it took a reasonable amount of time in the buu tournament, it was also harder for him to use than Vegeta and Goku so he couldn't do it in a second)
3. Multiple writers writing the series non-canonically, discrediting several feats from the series like that
1. I've posted several videos of scenes where the anime has neglected to add electricity to scenes where electricity was present in the manga. Not only that, but electricity doesn't matter for this concept drawing because, as you can clearly see, young Gohan doesn't have it in the drawing, despite the fact that SS2 Teen Gohan has electricity. Only an idiot would claim SS2 Gohan isn't present in that picture at all, yet no electricity is found anywhere there.
[video=youtube;YmvRJOHMhaw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmvRJOHMhaw[/video]
This video extensively depicts Goku and Vegeta lacking the electrical aura, though they fought in Super Saiyann 2.

2. The movie is non-canon, therefore, inconsistencies are to be expected. The movie also has a faulty timeline, Shenron grants a wish without showing up, so the fact that Gohan went SS2 so quickly doesn't have to be accounted for, as it can just be considered the result of non-canonical inconsistency and is therefore excused.

3. Akira Toriyama himself has lent credibility to the Daizenshuu, as he has commented that it contains things he himself had forgotten about the series, and expressed gratitude for the Daizenshuu, meaning, despite it having other writers, who by the way were working Toriyama on the original manga series, Toriyama has approved it and its content.

Last edited:
Reactions: Murasame

Murasame

Elite
Kin
12💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You can't just do that, SSJ forms strain the body. If Gohan went to SSJ2, sure, he could probably shoot a blast once but he hasn't trained at all, he could lose the form after awhile. People don't generally go into their strongest forms at the start, like Goku didn't want to go SSJ3 although he could've wiped the floor with Fat Buu.

You can't even compare those two situations since Gohan was angry and wanted to destroy Buu while Goku didn't. If Gohan was going to take him out he'd use his full power to do so.. SSJ 2 might be hard to tranform into for Gohan but he had the anger to do so, so its not far fetched. SSJ1 wouldn't cut it in that situation when you have someone on Cell's level who would his blast if he was just a ssj 1.

Okay, from left to right.

2. This is after the scan 4.

Gohan was getting angry so how do you not know he was getting close to turning into a ssj 2 but is trying to hold it back? He seemed pretty enraged to me so he could've been going into a transformation phase where's going ssj2 but is still a ssj 1 if you know what I mean.. likes he half transformed if that makes sense. Idk give me the chapter number for this so I can get a better perspective. Even so with the 1 bang he doesn't have the distinctive spikier hair that a ssj 2 has.

Broly was beaten by Goku, and could've been weakened. ''Taking hits'' is a subjective opinion. He was getting fairly much beaten around. Goku also wasn't exactly that bad, he was getting beaten up but wasn't murdered. And it had different writers. Many factors. That alone doesn't prove that Gohan was SSJ2.
No Gohan said he was just as much as a challenge as last time. If there was going to be any change in Broly's power it would've been him becoming stronger since he survived a near death experience. Lmao u srs? Broly took out gohan, trunks, and goku with ease and if not for piccolo arriving with senzu beans they would've been done for. None of their attacks including a full powered kamehameha did nothing to phase broly up until the a**pull punch at the end. gohan in movie 10 though landed attacks that actually made broly show displeasure. Only explanation is that Gohan was ssj 2.

Why would the director have gohan spikier hair with one hair strand in the beginning while he had less spikier hair with 2 strands of hair in the beam struggle?

USSJ Future Trunks

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Gohan said he was just as much as a challenge as last time.
when was this in the japanese dub?
It took Gohan to defeat Super Perfect Cell, but it took not only Gohan, but Trunks, Goten, and Goku to take Broly down. B
LOL BECAUSE KID SSJ2 GOHAN FOUGHT BROLY RIGHT?
moron. gohan on his own in cell arc > everyone in broly movie. broly movie was supposed to have happened before cell games and gohans noticably weaker than when he first went ssj1 vs cell.
given no one among the z fighters was like
"wait holy shit, gohans stronger than any of us are?"

Gohan was MUCH weaker after the 7 year timeskip,
no hes just calmer. if he was as mad as he was after 16 died, hed be extremely powerful

Cell wasn't toying with Goku. He was sparring, but Cell used about 80% of his power.
cell held back massively to make it an interesting fight. when he powered up to 100% none of the z fighters could believe it, and absolutly shat their pants. even before he powered up, vegeta said that even if they all bumrushed cell, it still wouldnt do anything. only gohan had a chance against him.

kyubbi sagemode

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

You have no proof STFU.

Lol
LOL I'm not gonna argue with you just look at the picture, gohan from the movie looks exactly like ssj2 gonna from the tournament. If your denying it then I guess your eyesight must not be too good

1. I've posted several videos of scenes where the anime has neglected to add electricity to scenes where electricity was present in the manga. Not only that, but electricity doesn't matter for this concept drawing because, as you can clearly see, young Gohan doesn't have it in the drawing, despite the fact that SS2 Teen Gohan has electricity. Only an idiot would claim SS2 Gohan isn't present in that picture at all, yet no electricity is found anywhere there.
[video=youtube;YmvRJOHMhaw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmvRJOHMhaw[/video]
This video extensively depicts Goku and Vegeta lacking the electrical aura, though they fought in Super Saiyann 2.

2. The movie is non-canon, therefore, inconsistencies are to be expected. The movie also has a faulty timeline, Shenron grants a wish without showing up, so the fact that Gohan went SS2 so quickly doesn't have to be accounted for, as it can just be considered the result of non-canonical inconsistency and is therefore excused.

3. Akira Toriyama himself has lent credibility to the Daizenshuu, as he has commented that it contains things he himself had forgotten about the series, and expressed gratitude for the Daizenshuu, meaning, despite it having other writers, who by the way were working Toriyama on the original manga series, Toriyama has approved it and its content.
Yup there's nothing too debate gohan was clearly ssj2

genii96

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
just no ssj2 is 50 times stronger than ssj1 unless there was 50 super saiyans to give him enough energy he would not hold a candle against a super saiyan 2 also the amount of energy they gave goku wasent that much because then it would have killed them if they gave all their energy
Lol,
ssj2=2x ssj1