SIR HERDERP PRESIDERP SDO

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What I'm afraid of is that because this new series is mostly a rehash of the Boruto movie, then it'll simply going to be filler between new Boruto movies. Spending the next 6~9 months rehashing the Chunin Exam with probably some additional details and getting only one chapter of new content leading into the next Boruto Movie, at which point the Manga will spend another 6~9 months rehashing the Boruto Movie 2 events, and then produce another 1-2 chapters of original content leading up into Boruto Movie 3, rinse and repeat. I really hope that's not the case, but there's a good chance that it will be.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm rather disappointed. I've never been a big fan of the concept of first starting a story with the future and then immediately have a flash-back to tell how the future came into being, but this is really cliché. The hero of the previous story has difficultly dealing with his own children on top of having an underlying keeping up with the modern times-theme.

I read series like these because they are meant to escape reality, not to be reminded of the fact that ninja don't fit in a modern society anymore.

And what did they do to the artwork?
The teaser is what will keep the ones who watched the movie still waiting. lol . About ninja not fitting in modern society anymore- I will wait and watch where it's going. It kind of reminds me one of the themes of changing times from Ruraouni Kenshin- Where the samurai didn't fit in anymore. Some are resentful because of it, some have moved on, while new kids do not want to learn sword fighting anymore or not seriously at least.

Art lol -- Hianta fans have my sympathy. I don't have that much problem with new Sasuke but the last panel reminded how good Kishi had gotten making panels like that. So assistants only helped with inking, cleaning and backgrounds after all.

Last edited:

Adina

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wasn't interesting at all just the boruto the movie gave us too much and the fact that naruto the ninja is been erased makes its sound more crazy. Pretty clear Kishimoto is going on his honey moon. Would have rather the manga start of with a boruto & sasuke journey slash training.
omg! that would be so cool!!!
like the journey of Jiraiya and Naruto we never witnessed
:bouncy:

lion fang master

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
omg! that would be so cool!!!
like the journey of Jiraiya and Naruto we never witnessed
:bouncy:
I know I watched the boruto movie which pretty much made me lose interest in the hole manga. But if they they have started off with Sasuke & Boruto journey because remember we really didn't get the jiraiya & naruto training for 3 yrs only bits which I get because of the limited amount of jutsu naruto has but Boruto has wind, water, lightening, shadow clone & rasengan just combining all those element should bring, plus a new dimension and look to this manga

NahRooToe

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
People hating on the artstyle cry me a river! It's not kishimoto so it won't look exactly like his drawings! Some were pretty bad like sasuke and inojin, but u will get used to them in the next few months.
As far as this chapter goes I'm pretty salty about it being boruto the movie all over again,but from a manga perspective u can't assume everyone has seen the movie. I just wish they gave us SOME KIND of backstory on wtf is going on in the first 2 pages. They literally left us on the biggest cliff hanger and proceeded giving us sht 95% of us already know

Wookman

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kishi really did a bad job the way he ended Naruto, I feel because he lacked ideas. And now this seems to be a weird way of trying to use some new ideas he has with new characters.

I'm bored, and OPing has maxed its limit with me waaay before the Light&Dark hand (Sun&Moon) thing that Naruto and Sasuke became. I mean, come on, that is just lame. Now we're going to see Naruto dead before his son has a family - oh joy, oh wonder! And I just thought: OK, at least Kishi allowed for peace in the Ninja world. That IS a good part of this ending.

I am just waiting to collect on the episodes in HQ format and then I'll make a biiiig post and let you all know so you can all share the joy of d/l-ing it all at once.

Koibito

Regular
Kin
15💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not good. Artwork is just bad, not because it is different from Kishi's but because it is just plain bad. And having to recap the movie is actually bullshit, especially for a once a month manga. If they wanted to tell Boruto's introduction in manga form then the movie just should not have been made, contrarily because the movie exists the amount of recap should not only be minimal in the manga but also include new details and plot points in order to entice the reader. Instead the manga is actually worse at telling the story that the movie did and, at this pace, it will take 3 months to reach new content. Just bad.

Future Boruto looked kinda cool, maybe a little too much going on though with the tattoos and sword and Kakashi-esque scar, etc.

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Artwork is hard to adjust to... I know he has the potential (the artist I mean). His color panels reminded me of Kishimoto's, but then it turned really sour after Bolt reminisced.

Story wise? What content do I have to go on? First few panels didn't give us enough, and the rehash is only for a group of people who haven't seen the movie. They need to give more content for the people who already watched the Movie. At least add in more details instead of retelling the story in a faster pace than the Movie.

Future Bolt is nice tho.

SixPathsOfTobi

Regular
Kin
9💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really didn't have any issues with the art work, but probably that's just me, i'm just reading a story, i never really bother about the artwork, that usually happens in the anime though, but not to the extent people here are often *****ing about that..

Strata Uchiha

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Urgh....we only get a new chapter a month? Kay thanks. I suppose it's better than nothing.

Anyways, does anyone believe that Boruto's sister give him the Byakugan? Who knows.

Almighty Ra

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I thought it was a interesting twist. I mean for those that haven't seen the movie it will help them understand and fill in the blanks. I would like to know about these new abilities that Boruto has and isn't the guy he is fighting have the same name as Tsuande's long dead lil brother? Glad to see new things as far as this whole red and blue Tattoo thing and specially surprised Boruto's looks like a mini Kakashi there with the scare also glad he some of Hinata's traits btu one eye though??? Could it be due to Boruto having some of Naruto's chakra or some of Kurama's. Can't wait till the next chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.