Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Uzumaki Boruto!!"

Boruto Manga Chapter 1 Discussion and 2 Predictions

Discuss Boruto Manga 1 here and predict the next chapter, Boruto Manga 2

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Draw

Veteran
Kin
52💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Chapter 2 prediction: Sasuke tells boruto he needs to make a rasengan before being his pupil, boruto makes konohamaru teach him how to do it. Makes a tiny rasengan that has a change in wind nature and disappears and hits a tree. Chunnin exam starts and boruto cheats his ass off down to the final fight. Two bad guys will show up at the end of the chapter

Reactions: Filosoofis

MajinKoi

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
really disgusting. gave it 2 because I felt generous. to be honest horrible drawing, don't want it anymore. cancel it

Last edited by a moderator:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*Boruto *Stream*

All in all just a recap so 1/5 >_>
It has a teaser in the beginning- Bortuo facing off Kawaki. The story in the manga has to be self contained and not ask people to watch a movie to know the events in it or to find out background of Bortuo. So not really just a recap. I haven't watched the movie and not every one who will read this manga would have watched it either. It would be bad if they didn't include this part here. :shrug:

And the art is not bad either. It may take some time to get used to different art style but a mangka shouldn't be forced to copy style of another one. I

Last edited:

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It has a teaser in the beginning. Besides I haven't watched the movie and the story has to be self contained and not ask people to watch a movie to know the events in it. So not really just a recap. :shrug:
Well that's for me personally since I did watch the movie :/ I can't rate it higher for 2 pages of new things where we know nothing about :/ honestly hope this recap ends next month.

Itachi2111

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I haven't watched the movie yet, so it was not any kind of recap for me. However, the art is pathetic. I mean look at Sasuke, Sakura, Hinata. They just look plain bad. Especially Sasuke, he looks emo as fu*k (he already was an emo in the original series, but at least looked alright back then!). One can clearly see the difference between this mangaka and Kishi. 3/5

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I haven't watched the movie yet, so it was not any kind of recap for me. However, the art is pathetic. I mean look at Sasuke, Sakura, Hinata. They just look plain bad. Especially Sasuke, he looks emo as fu*k (he already was an emo in the original series, but at least looked alright back then!). One can clearly see the difference between this mangaka and Kishi. 3/5
Well you can't possibly expect an exact copy of Kishi's...

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well that's for me personally since I did watch the movie :/ I can't rate it higher for 2 pages of new things where we know nothing about :/ honestly hope this recap ends next month.
Yea that's fine and and still the movie is irrelevant when it comes to the manga. For example just because you have read the manga and an OVA or anime is made on it it will still have the same story. People here are too impatience expecting a manga which is starting from where the last chapter of Naruto ended to skip the introduction of Boruto. That would actually be a very bad idea. Any story which is written with an assumption like that is actually a badly told story. Movie and the manga still are different mediums and must have an independent existence. They cannot be sequels to each other.

I don't know how the story would go, for now we just have a teaser for the things that will come later. We don't even know how much later.

Last edited:

Claymantan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
2/5

Don't really care about the art style, it's fine. The poses in the flash-forwards sequence are a little off, and Sarada looked a little weird during the Panda fight, but other than that, I don't mind it.

Plot-wise, it's exactly what they told us it would be, so I can't really be surprised or disappointed or anything. But I mean, this is such a clumsy way to reintroduce the plot details from the movie into the manga. It would have been better if they had never made the movie, honestly. This is just bad planning from a strategic marketing standpoint.

Aside from that, it's not as good as the Mitsuki one-shot, since we don't really learn anything new. Even if the first couple of pages foreshadow something big going down in the future, it's not like anything was "more" impressive than the things foreshadowed in Mitsuki's one-shot. And it's unfortunate that none of those things were introduced as elements into this chapter. Even if it's going to start off as a retelling of the movie, that doesn't mean the mangaka couldn't have started showing us hints of things to come aside from the movie.

The characters who aren't Boruto have even less importance than they did before, so far. Konohamaru was kind of cool, though.

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yea that's fine and and still the movie is irrelevant when it comes to the manga. For example just because you have read the manga and an OVa or anime is made on it it will still have the same story. People here are too impatience expecting a manga which is starting from where the last chapter of Naruto ended to skip the introduction of Boruto.

I don't know how the story would go, for now we just have a teaser for the things that will come later. We don't even know how much later.
Well I won't lie but that teaser got me hooked,I understand not everyone watched the movie and the rating is just personal preference so if you rated it 5/5 that's fine :) It just happened to bring me nothing interesting since I already seen it :)

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Inojin looks like crap now,not to mention Hinata`s best features are ****ing gone.Only if the artwork would be exactly like the flashforward pages from the future,then I wouldn`t mind.
But this....wasn`t he assistant to Kishimoto for ****ing 15 years? You could at least hoped for a similar artwork but not like this

Marin

Veteran
Kin
306💸
Kumi
2,001💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Didn't like it.

While the art wasn't as bad as I thought it is still bad. What I mind is the direction the story is taking. If they infact choose to kill Naruto or any of the important old gen characters its gonna be a huge smack in the face to the fans.

Bling Kai

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Inojin looks like crap now,not to mention Hinata`s best features are ****ing gone.Only if the artwork would be exactly like the flashforward pages from the future,then I wouldn`t mind.
But this....wasn`t he assistant to Kishimoto for ****ing 15 years? You could at least hoped for a similar artwork but not like this

Goes to show how bad a character she is that the only thing it seems her fans like her for are tits.

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Chapter 2 prediction: Sasuke tells boruto he needs to make a rasengan before being his pupil, boruto makes konohamaru teach him how to do it. Makes a tiny rasengan that has a change in wind nature and disappears and hits a tree. Chunnin exam starts and boruto cheats his ass off down to the final fight. Two bad guys will show up at the end of the chapter
WOW!!!Very accurate :Sparks:

I saw no one vote for three stars and I'll be the first :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.