Boruto anime, a case of artificial darkness.

Umari Senju

Legendary
Kin
238💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
After reading through all of the posts, I think the disconnect may be coming from the pacing as a whole.

The manga has set a precedent for the struggle between Ninja Tech VS Ninjutsu. There’s a political introduction of the Daimyo and his son. The Otsutsuki and Kara are gearing up for something....and the Anime has, at large, barely even scratched any of that.

Peaceful times doesn’t mean there should be a lack of story telling. Some of the high points of the anime, is when Boruto and gang go to another village and learn how they function and the problems they deal with.

Boruto is missing a long term enemy. Even for fillers. There should be someone or some group who continues to pry at that peace. Destabilize it. And get away even if their plans are spoiled. Everything gets wrapped up in one arc and then it’s back to status quo.

School yard tales as I call them. There is a lack of substance because everything is resolved too quickly. There is no Orochimaru type enemies to really cause problems. Hell Orochimaru himself SHOULD be the long term enemy. The guy he was pining over had a daughter, he created a perfect vessel for him yet seems far too docile.

We learned in the manga the sound village has become an official village yet nothing on this yet. The focus seems on seasonal villains and no lasting repercussions. I’m still holding out for the time skip so they can deal with these Theme in earnest.

Hyuga Prodigy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Boruto is doing terrible job in not delivering the execution of these story arc which mostly stems from lacking good villains which dragged on for 50 episodes without much plot progression. However, I disagree with the maturity aspect. The peaceful era fits with this new current tone because it was already established from the beginning that Naruto had usher in a new era so that the new gen won't have to experience what they had to go through.

Simply put, it doesn't make any sense to have a war or any of significant in fighting already slipping through the crack.

Boruto as a series were meant to be childish in the beginning in order to be subdued as the peaceful world for the story to be subsequential so when the horror shock; it will upset the viewer which will gives huge payoff.

You can tell, everything up until now all these arcs have been dumb down in order to stick with the movie platform which is the major flaws of this series. However these mini-arcs are not entirely pointless. Boruto introduce interesting theme with realistic approaches and explore the modernization of Konoha to set up the foundation for the story.

If anything, it provide substance for the main plot in the Long Runn. The declining rate of Shinobi with lack of drive and motivation which was supported by the narratives helps develop a various characters when establishing certain concepts in the world which in turn aids in expanding the world itself.

Just because these arc have been lackluster doesn't mean it's detrimental to the main plot so long it has Potential. I'd say this because when we compare to The Fourth Great Ninja War for example, this arc is the PINNACLE of Naruto which ended up as the colossal of failures. Not only it's the worst arc, but it ruined the very core of Naruto.

Boruto is different since we've barely scratched the surface and these small arcs only have minor impact to the overall series whereas when you look at Shippuden, it had major arc that could either make or break the series.

Sometime bad arcs can lead to good storytelling with these buildup.

Last edited:

UnderTheRedHood

<div class="bbWrapper">Manga will be dark, it has some kind of dark aura</div>

kiiro

Veteran
Kin
57💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well I like Boruto and how is everyone developing. I was just like to see some flashbacks from other Hokages or from K11.

Pakura

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The central conflict in the manga and anime is the fear of technology, national identity in a changing world, and just change in general. The anime is doing the heavy lifting cause the manga is once a month which makes it move at a snail's pace. But if you watch the anime there seems to be a disillusionment and even fear with the world in Boruto. There are fewer kids interested in being ninja. They are mostly interested in playing video games and choosing other careers. Hokages are more like Presidents than wizards with magic powers who solve everything with ninjutsu.

We saw in the Hidden Mist a whole village that has greatly changed its entire mindset which has led to groups wanting to return to the old ways since they feel they abandoned their identity. In the Leaf we see that progress has left many behind and there is rising tensions. Boruto's world is young and new and can go so many different ways as technology advances everyone's life. Which is why there is so much fear mixed in with hope and that is playing out in the anime and manga.

Last edited:

Made in Heaven

Supreme
Kin
5💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Let's also remember that episode 48 of Naruto was Lee VS Gaara, a fight so legendary even people who dropped the series long ago or those who have never even followed the series avidly praise it. Meanwhile, episode 48 of Bolt gives us the same school children nonsense seen in the previous 47 episodes.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Imo Boruto anime/manga is better not by much but it could've been better if it wasn't Boruto or Clone(Boruto) wasn't the lead. Kishi may come back eliminate Boruto and we may get something exceptional.
LMAO, see this is the kind of post that betrays your blatant FANBOYISM.

The problems with Boruto go beyond a single character. Everyone can see that but you are blinded by fanboyism. The series would not be better with more Uchiha. They are the ones that actually dragged down the original Naruto.

No one wants to read more about Sarada daddy drama. No one with the exception of fanboys want more Uchiha.

Glad Of War

Elite
Kin
117💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Boruto is doing terrible job in not delivering the execution of these story arc which mostly stems from lacking good villains which dragged on for 50 episodes without much plot progression. However, I disagree with the maturity aspect. The peaceful era fits with this new current tone because it was already established from the beginning that Naruto had usher in a new era so that the new gen won't have to experience what they had to go through.

Simply put, it doesn't make any sense to have a war or any of significant in fighting already slipping through the crack.

Boruto as a series were meant to be childish in the beginning in order to be subdued as the peaceful world for the story to be subsequential so when the horror shock; it will upset the viewer which will gives huge payoff.

You can tell, everything up until now all these arcs have been dumb down in order to stick with the movie platform which is the major flaws of this series. However these mini-arcs are not entirely pointless. Boruto introduce interesting theme with realistic approaches and explore the modernization of Konoha to set up the foundation for the story.

If anything, it provide substance for the main plot in the Long Runn. The declining rate of Shinobi with lack of drive and motivation which was supported by the narratives helps develop a various characters when establishing certain concepts in the world which in turn aids in expanding the world itself.

Just because these arc have been lackluster doesn't mean it's detrimental to the main plot so long it has Potential. I'd say this because when we compare to The Fourth Great Ninja War for example, this arc is the PINNACLE of Naruto which ended up as the colossal of failures. Not only it's the worst arc, but it ruined the very core of Naruto.

Boruto is different since we've barely scratched the surface and these small arcs only have minor impact to the overall series whereas when you look at Shippuden, it had major arc that could either make or break the series.

This mirrors everything I keep on saying to the naysayers of Boruto. In addition, the series is still in a phase whereby the consequences affects the standard of battles. Eventually, this will pass over, causing the plot to be centralise, and more, the plot will be substantially sound, thanks to the mini-arcs of earlier. Avatar, the last airbender, is a quintessential of this.

Last edited:

soretynha

Kin
10💸
Kumi
32💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

You're right, it has potential and they might be "building the foundation" of something bigger. But still, it's so slow, people are losing interest in this anime at the moment.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
LMAO, see this is the kind of post that betrays your blatant FANBOYISM.
Says the fanboy.

The problems with Boruto go beyond a single character. Everyone can see that but you are blinded by fanboyism. The series would not be better with more Uchiha. They are the ones that actually dragged down the original Naruto.
Except Boruto is the main problem and you pretending your not blinded by fanboyism is laughable. The rest is :salt:fic on your part originating from severe butthurt.

No one wants to read more about Sarada daddy drama. No one with the exception of fanboys want more Uchiha.
Yeah Sarada's daddy drama didn't last more than a few chapters/episodes. Instead we have to love through Boruto's daddy drama and his self obsessed attitude and bipolar attitude, tnj etc. Nobody with the exception of fanboys want more of that Uzumaki kid.

Uverdore9

Elite
Kin
816💸
Kumi
406💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Another insecurity thread I see.

Boruto has potential; just because your insecure self can't seem to see it's depth doesn't make it bad.

Drop that insecurity bait, mate.

Espeon

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It is basically filler though, they need the manga to get decently ahead first. As the approach the chunin exams they'll reach the point in the story the movie sits in, maybe do a TV adaptation of the film and then continue on where the manga begins.

Reboryushon

Elite
Kin
178💸
Kumi
2,386💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This mirrors everything I keep on saying to the naysayers of Boruto. In addition, the series is still in a phase whereby the consequences affects the standard of battles. Eventually, this will pass over, causing the plot to be centralise, and more, the plot will be substantially sound, thanks to the mini-arcs of earlier. Avatar, the last airbender, is a quintessential of this.
"naysayers of Boruto".. I hope you are not referring to me because that is nowhere near the point.

While Hyuuga Prodigy and you make good points for the future, the execution of the ideas and how the characters are portrayed doesn't actually mean or is related essentially to times of peace. Even in peace times the writting should be better and the involvement of the audience with the characters should be deeper, if they are building up things in order to reach a climax, they are clearly failing imo.

I am quite sure SP will screw things up, it is their way of doing things. Characters can have an enemy in common, war can burst but the shallowness in terms of portrayal and lack of connection will unfortunately continue.

Another insecurity thread I see.

Boruto has potential; just because your insecure self can't seem to see it's depth doesn't make it bad.

Drop that insecurity bait, mate.
You are funny. =D

Last edited:

Merkel

Regular
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Literally everything you said is as a result of a situation the series has emphasized several times. Specifically, it's as a result of the world being in peace.
There's no death of an important character because the world is peaceful.
There's no need of using Jinchuriki as weapons because the world is peaceful.
The need of sealing Bijuus on people is insignificant. For one, the Bijuus are no longer enemies of people. Secondly, the world is at peace, so there's no need for people to harness weapons.

Furthermore, most of the reasons you added for justification of your post has already been highlighted, some which I highlighted above.
Naruto is no longer the main character, of course his appearance is more of a cameo.
Boruto and the cast of new generation short appearances, is again, because the world is in peaceful times, which causes the plots to be a little bit spasmodic than holistic.

Ergo, your thread can be described as an over-glorified expression of a point already pointed out by the source of your criticism. Needless to say, this thread was POINTLESS. You're blinded by your prejudice towards the series. I honestly didn't want to respond. But i guess my input is much significant, more than the entire thread.

If I should add; Kishimoto is not an excellent writer. Part one Naruto was not only his doing. He had help from his editors. As soon as some of them left, the series became trash. Part two Naruto reflects this.
Sorry in advance for restarting this thread but I got to reading it late.

Your discussion between the OP was getting repetitive and frustrating to read. What I'm seeing in your discussion between ★I am all alone is basically that he proposes issues he believes are affecting the quality of Boruto and you attempt to excuse ALL said issues without exception on the basis that the world is in peace. Pretty much nothing else was added to the discussion on your part other than that you believed his thread was redundant simply based on the fact that HE ELABORATED ON THE TOPIC. This wouldn't have resonated with others if he had just said "Boruto is bad because the world is in peace." Identifying outlying issues rather than the crux of the problem does not make the thread pointless. Also, don't you think that maybe the reason he didn't mention that specifically is because it's painfully obvious?
The greatest irony in this is that you accuse him of a pointless thread filled with 'over-glorified' points when you in fact repeat or 'over-glorify' as you like to put it the exact same point of *Boruto is the way it is because the world is peaceful* several times when a single time would have sufficed.

You speak as though people who criticise Boruto or 'Boruto naysayers' are just completely retarded and devoid of any sort of intelligence. Do you think people hear what you say and suddenly realise "OOOOOHHHH SHIT YOURE RIGHT THE WORLD IS IN PEACE WHAT WAS I THINKING??? I HAD NO IDEA!!!!!!" What you are saying is not some revolutionary idea lmao.

Aside from that, the biggest of problems I have with your logic is that explaining WHY the issues such as lack of connection with characters, lack of consequence, no deaths, no jinchuuriki etc etc does not mean that those issues no longer exist. A world that is in peace can still have CONFLICT. First arc of Naruto had conflict that involved nothing that jeopardised or even spoke of disrupting peace in the world, it was simply young ninja on a mission versus hired mercenaries. No war, no bad-blood between villages etc. And yet it hit a mark that no Boruto arc has achieved so far.

As far as I can see this is what your argument boils down to: The issues people bring up with Boruto are irrelevant because the story has no conflict.
Surely you can see how ridiculous this sounds. A story that lacks conflict causes most of the issues the OP identifies and it doesn't compel the audience to keep watching. Conflict drives change. This is why the story seems 'stale'. You know what you do when a story lacks some genuine conflict? You introduce it. Oh? What do you know! Boruto is yet to do this.
But I'm pretty sure you already know all about what I'm saying, which is why I'm not sure why you think that lack of conflict is an excuse for a shows faults rather than an ISSUE itself.

I agree with you that the show will align at some point and have more plot-direction and progression. But this has no relevance to the thread. OP is discussing the current state of the anime, we are past the "Oh it's only been X amount of episodes" mentality. 40+ episodes that are severely lackluster (in my opinion) is a topic worth discussing. The show being good 100 eps from now does not change my own or several other's dissatisfaction with the current state of the anime and the assertion that it will be good or better than it is right now is relying on nothing but blind faith.

EDIT: Why does everyone care which of DBS or Boruto is more dark?? The point is that Boruto has artificial darkness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reboryushon

solo king

Veteran
Kin
52💸
Kumi
27💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Agreed, been saying for the longest that the Boruto anime is straight trash. I think it's because of the fact that the anime is somehow ****ing behind and ahead of the manga at the same time, and it feels so disconnected. And it is also very immature. Dbz has next to no gore yet feels much more mature than Boruto. I think it's honestly too late and this series will crash and burn. Progression is much to slow with the manga and these painful once a month releases.

Dbz has no gore? Lol what dub are you watching

Yahcob13

Veteran
Kin
4,302💸
Kumi
2,619💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Naruto series is like an old rock band in which all the original cast retired and were replaced with new members. I think that the creators are trying to show his privileged yet eventful childhood before we get into the darkness. Its important to create that contrast.