Boruto anime, a case of artificial darkness.

123fire

Supreme
Kin
20💸
Kumi
-33💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I knew this would trigger this blind fanboy alt using clown. But seriously I'd be more comfortable to introduce my older friends to dbz super instead of this kiddie show Boruto.
You must be registered for see images

When dbs shows something like this we'll talk :lmao: :lmao:

Reboryushon

Elite
Kin
178💸
Kumi
2,386💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
sorry u still have no right to judge boruto's future or it as a whole based on 12 chapters. Boruto in the manga is very good right now with ao and KARA and the vessel it's just that it's slow but we have o deal with it

as for iwabe denki and sumire. you're wrong they have been appearing nearly in every arc . first arc,mist arc, grad arc.byakuya arc . doesn't matter if the episode focuses on them or not they are constantly appearing in each arc and whenever they have an epsiode centered around them it makes them deeper and deeper
I have all the right in the world to elaborate my opinion on this series present and future, it doesn't really matter if you say that I don't.

Honestly and with all due respect 123fire, we don't share the same opinion and i don't expect you to see things differently because in my eyes you are 100% the specific target for this sequel.

I knew this would trigger this blind fanboy alt using clown. But seriously I'd be more comfortable to introduce my older friends to dbz super instead of this kiddie show Boruto.
I know what you mean. It is like it was mentioned in this thread before, at least super has charismatic characters and we know them pretty well.

I don't know what you expect to achieve with this. The show is shallow and there is no blood or violence that will change that. It is also funny how you are able to judge the show with what was given to us so far and yet you say I can't do it and don''t have the right to it.

If you don't have anything constructive to add, please leave, I don't want this thread closed.

Last edited:

123fire

Supreme
Kin
20💸
Kumi
-33💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have all the right in the world to elaborate my opinion on this series present and future, it doesn't really matter if you say that I don't.

Honestly and with all due respect 123fire, we don't share the same opinion and i don't expect you to see things differently because in my eyes you are 100% the specific target for this sequel.
Possibilities :

1-Boruto goes rogue
2-Boruto's eye gets cut(confirmed)
3-Boruto destroys everyone he cares about accoridng to what momo said
4-Kawaki kills naruto
5-Katasuke dies for Boruto
6-KARA girl vs Sarada dojutsu battle
7-Jigen vs Naruto and sasuke
8-Mitsuki vs a KARA member
9-Team Moegi vs KARA member
10-Vessel revelation

and many other things we still don't know about so.... HYPE!!

Reboryushon

Elite
Kin
178💸
Kumi
2,386💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Possibilities :

1-Boruto goes rogue
2-Boruto's eye gets cut(confirmed)
3-Boruto destroys everyone he cares about accoridng to what momo said
4-Kawaki kills naruto
5-Katasuke dies for Boruto
6-KARA girl vs Sarada dojutsu battle
7-Jigen vs Naruto and sasuke
8-Mitsuki vs a KARA member
9-Team Moegi vs KARA member
10-Vessel revelation

and many other things we still don't know about so.... HYPE!!
This doesn't change anything. You don't like DBZ super but at the same time you just post VS possibilities and the future direction of the series from where it is now, stating the obvious..

If it is hype for you, I can respect that, the same way I hope you respect my opinion and it seems almost everyone that replied in this thread, can you do that? Or it is just that difficult to actually let others see things differently from you?

Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yup.. Series is trash. I'm really not a fan of this genre but at least, p1 Naruto was able to involve me in its story. Boruto anime just seems so lackluster and like you say, focuses more on throwing feats upon feats leaving little to no room for character building.

But i am most definitely looking forward to the CE arc :x3:

Made in Heaven

Supreme
Kin
5💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Most of my own thoughts have been summarized by others, so I won't repeat things said in previous posts.

I think Boruto, unlike Naruto, has little to no room for character development for it's characters, and this is largely in part that they have nothing really going for them, be it Bolt, Salad, Metal, or Mitsuki. Since they are just common kids, there's no drive, motives, or incentive for them to do or make anything of themselves.

I mean, sure, this could change if say Naruto and Hinata died or something along those lines, especially since Naruto, and Sasuke's, existences alone prevent the kids from shining, but even then, Bolt has no tangible motive and to me, it feels like a repeat of Ichigo, or even Bleach as a whole. Because of this, I don't think the series should focus too much in trying to be emotional and focus on things like bonds and what not like Naruto was and just focus on giving us planet-destroying alien fights like Dragon Ball, because hey, at least that's easier to pull off of for the writers.

Glad Of War

Elite
Kin
117💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey,

I was watching episode #48 and one thought came to my mind.

Boruto anime feels heavily scripted and artificial. Barely anything that has happened so far comes of as natural and probably the only episode that felt actually OK was #47.

We have scenes where irrelevant characters bleed and random fodders die but we know in the end that the most important characters will be ok.

There is a severe lack of maturity in this show and it is getting more severe by the episode. It doesn't matter if Boruto is cut on his face, or if Sarada owns some random 7 swordsmen of the mist wannabes inside a cave, Shin takes little shins apart for organs, blood is not a sign of maturity.

Some examples from Naruto of psychological and graphic violence could be:

Your mother holding a demon fox inside that eventually kills her and your father.
Your father seals the demon fox inside you and everyone else segregates you.
The people you care and know eventually die because of you.

There was actually emotional connection to some of the characters that died in Naruto..

Yes, Boruto might be entertaining, one can actually waste around 25 minutes of his life without feeling much guilt about watching it but it is far from what Naruto gave us and we are already on episode #48..

Overall, Boruto anime feels like filler, while the anime can be canon on its own, this show eventually just feels out of place, disconnected, things are rushed and there is no proper connection to anything.

Character development is close to none, we have #48 episodes and what every character does apart from Boruto is a cameo, even Naruto when he appears feels like filler, yup, it is that bad.

Sarada feels like a Cameo, the same with Mitsuki, Hinata, Iwabe and Denki, there is something really missing in this show.

When I look at Part I and compare it to what we have now, I truly miss Kishimoto.

Boruto anime should be renamed to "Boruto: Naruto All-stars", because that is what it feels like.

Anyway, these are my 2 cents, take them as you please. I would really like for this show to get better btw but it doesn't seem possible because both Ukyo and Ikemoto were the filler guys for Kishimoto and that is that.
Literally everything you said is as a result of a situation the series has emphasized several times. Specifically, it's as a result of the world being in peace.
There's no death of an important character because the world is peaceful.
There's no need of using Jinchuriki as weapons because the world is peaceful.
The need of sealing Bijuus on people is insignificant. For one, the Bijuus are no longer enemies of people. Secondly, the world is at peace, so there's no need for people to harness weapons.

Furthermore, most of the reasons you added for justification of your post has already been highlighted, some which I highlighted above.
Naruto is no longer the main character, of course his appearance is more of a cameo.
Boruto and the cast of new generation short appearances, is again, because the world is in peaceful times, which causes the plots to be a little bit spasmodic than holistic.

Ergo, your thread can be described as an over-glorified expression of a point already pointed out by the source of your criticism. Needless to say, this thread was POINTLESS. You're blinded by your prejudice towards the series. I honestly didn't want to respond. But i guess my input is much significant, more than the entire thread.

If I should add; Kishimoto is not an excellent writer. Part one Naruto was not only his doing. He had help from his editors. As soon as some of them left, the series became trash. Part two Naruto reflects this.

Last edited:

Exaar

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

??

Retsu

Elite
Kin
52💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

You pull up those same weak ass gifs like you proved a point but guess what. Boruto anime is still ass and dbz has a more mature appeal with next to no gore. Blood doesn't make a series mature, and nobody is checking for the Boruto anime.

Reboryushon

Elite
Kin
178💸
Kumi
2,386💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Literally everything you said is as a result of a situation the series has emphasized several times. Specifically, it's as a result of the world being in peace.
There's no death of an important character because the world is peaceful.
There's no need of using Jinchuriki as weapons because the world is peaceful.
The need of sealing Bijuus on people is insignificant. For one, the Bijuus are no longer enemies of people. Secondly, the world is at peace, so there's no need for people to harness weapons.

Furthermore, most of the reasons you added for justification of your post has already been highlighted, some which I highlighted above.
Naruto is no longer the main character, of course his appearance is more of a cameo.
Boruto and the cast of new generation short appearances, is again, because the world is in peaceful times, which causes the plots to be a little bit spasmodic than holistic.

Ergo, your thread can be described as an over-glorified expression of a point already pointed out by the source of your criticism. Needless to say, this thread was POINTLESS. You're blinded by your prejudice towards the series. I honestly didn't want to respond. But i guess my input is much significant, more than entire thread.

If I should add; Kishimoto is not an excellent writer. Part one Naruto was not only his doing. He had help from his editors. As soon as some of them left, the series became trash. Part two Naruto reflects this.
Ok, maybe you are right, maybe you aren't. It is your opinion and I respect it. Thank you for your input and I am glad you actually took the time to reply.

Last edited:

Glad Of War

Elite
Kin
117💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
??

"Dragonball Super is the only manly and serious series that censored the use of blood."

Meanwhile, Boruto which is for kids did the exact opposite.

Is it me, or are we getting wrong the categories of people DBS is meant for..?

123fire

Supreme
Kin
20💸
Kumi
-33💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
??

manga really? the anime stab looks like it went through vegeta like tobi :lmao: . deal with it dbs will never be as dark as dbz or boruto
You pull up those same weak ass gifs like you proved a point but guess what. Boruto anime is still ass and dbz has a more mature appeal with next to no gore. Blood doesn't make a series mature, and nobody is checking for the Boruto anime.
blah blah blah

123fire

Supreme
Kin
20💸
Kumi
-33💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Dragonball Super is the only manly and serious series that censored the use of blood."

boruto isn't even for kids fam. more like teens

Retsu

Elite
Kin
52💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
manga really? the anime stab looks like it went through vegeta like tobi :lmao: . deal with it dbs will never be as dark as dbz or boruto

blah blah blah
Lol this clown is mad now. On YouTube there are 3 minute clips of dbz super with millions of views. There are episodes of Boruto on there that haven't broken 20k. Everyone isn't as easily wooed by this garbage as you are it seems.

123fire

Supreme
Kin
20💸
Kumi
-33💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lol this clown is mad now. On YouTube there are 3 minute clips of dbz super with millions of views. There are episodes of Boruto on there that haven't broken 20k. Everyone isn't as easily wooed by this garbage as you are it seems.
Difference:

dbgt ended on 1998? something like that and after 19 years it's back with dbs.

there will be more hype surrounding it for the long awaited return

dbs is ahead of the manga as opposed to boruto. being ahead of the manga makes it the source material the MAIN PLOT CANON

Boruto franchise has only 12 chapters of main plot material.

difference is DBS is stright forward with 100% main plot covering while boruto is extremely slow with only 12 chapters in the manga and zero episodes in the anime.

See the difference????

Exaar

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Super has used blood, In both Anime and Manga.