Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Wiping the sweat from his brow, Marzan told Alucard all he could of what awaited him.
"Actually, yes. Know that what you hold in your hands is not it's final shape. Your tool shall be painted by your very soul.

This however is where my involvement ends. The rest comes down to you."

Marzan kept his full attention on Hei as he spoke of his past, and the many events that lead him to seek out this power, unwilling to insult the man as he clearly poured his heart out. His response was swift, and genuine.
"For one so clearly, and by your own admission not of this planet you are surprisingly human, and your reasons even more so.

I would be honored to provide you the tool you seek to defend those dearest to you.

But what shape would your resolve take?"

While Marzan didn't mind the length at which Hei spoke, he did request what the man desired. The smith was unfortunately not skilled enough to read minds, nor peer into the future to see what Hei wanted.
Alucard put on his yellow-tinted glasses listening to the last piece of advice from Marzan.

Cryptic, i like it. We'll meet again i'm sure of it. Until then.

He then turned towards Hei.

Best of luck Heishiki, we're returning towards the main continent for now you may meet us there on the way if you wish.

He then turned to Lilith as he approached the hidden hatch that would lead them up to the world.

Come along my daughter.

She was still asleep, Alucard sighed and used his gravitational pull to drag a sleeping Lilith across the floor in the most hilarious pose. Alucard spoke out in general.

Kids.. Amirite..?

( Tensei Hōyō ) - Reincarnated Embrace
Type: Supplementary/Defense/Attack
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 40
Damage: N/A
Description: Using his Tenseigan, the user is able to use gravitational abilities to pull something to them. The user will use his hands to focus the direction and the target his wishes to pull towards him. Comparative to Banso Tenin, this technique isn't an omnidirectional effect but rather a precise one. The user is able to pull anything he can perceive towards him. In certain uses, the user will be able to direct the pulled target as its being pulled into large arc-like movements, but will always end up pulling them towards him.
Note: Once used, takes 1 turn cool down to use gravitational related techniques again.
Note: Can only be used by Tenseigan Bios.

The two then vanished as they closed the hatch behind them.

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wiping the sweat from his brow, Marzan told Alucard all he could of what awaited him.
"Actually, yes. Know that what you hold in your hands is not it's final shape. Your tool shall be painted by your very soul.
This however is where my involvement ends. The rest comes down to you."

Marzan kept his full attention on Hei as he spoke of his past, and the many events that lead him to seek out this power, unwilling to insult the man as he clearly poured his heart out. His response was swift, and genuine.
"For one so clearly, and by your own admission not of this planet you are surprisingly human, and your reasons even more so.
I would be honored to provide you the tool you seek to defend those dearest to you.
But what shape would your resolve take?"

While Marzan didn't mind the length at which Hei spoke, he did request what the man desired. The smith was unfortunately not skilled enough to read minds, nor peer into the future to see what Hei wanted.
Still scratching the back of his head, Hei overthinks once again. Pondering what weapon is suitable to defeat a God. Would it be wise to get up close and personal in a fight against a being of such might? Swords, Axes, Daggers... they all share the same flaw of putting the user at more risk as well. Although ranged weapons can leave the user venerable in close quarters. Perhaps a combination of the two will be most universal for combat. Allowing Hei to adept to situations. Marzan's master craft should be able to produce such a tool, right? If nothing else it would be worth it to ask.

"I'd like a tool suitable at both range and close combat. Would it be possible to create a bladed Longbow, that when detached in the middle can be used as two curved blades?"

Hei asks as he pulls out a scroll and draw's the tool he describes. Simple in function yet versatile in combat. Hei believes if such a tool could be created, that it would serve his purpose of defending humanity well.

You must be registered for see images

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Still scratching the back of his head, Hei overthinks once again. Pondering what weapon is suitable to defeat a God. Would it be wise to get up close and personal in a fight against a being of such might? Swords, Axes, Daggers... they all share the same flaw of putting the user at more risk as well. Although ranged weapons can leave the user venerable in close quarters. Perhaps a combination of the two will be most universal for combat. Allowing Hei to adept to situations. Marzan's master craft should be able to produce such a tool, right? If nothing else it would be worth it to ask.

"I'd like a tool suitable at both range and close combat. Would it be possible to create a bladed Longbow, that when detached in the middle can be used as two curved blades?"

Hei asks as he pulls out a scroll and draw's the tool he describes. Simple in function yet versatile in combat. Hei believes if such a tool could be created, that it would serve his purpose of defending humanity well.

Emiya arriving from: Port of Innovus.

Even without the accompanying sketch, Marzan knew exactly what Hei was after. It was an idea he himself had millennia ago, but never could find the right balance between the two. To this day he still didn't think it was completely possible, but if Hei's heart was set on it, the only thing Marzan could do was warn him of the potential downsides.

"What you're asking for isn't impossible, but it's not completely practical either. I can forge you a pair of blades that combine at the hilt into a bow if you wish, however the problem lies in the weight, or to be more clear, the distribution and balance of it.

Different weapons need to have their weight shifted according to their designs and needs. Swords, as you might already be aware, must have their weight evenly distributed between the blade, and the hilt. Failure to do so can have severe effects on trajectory and the efficacy of a slash. Too much weight in the blade, and the blade could fly out of your hand. Too much in the hilt, and your slash won't cut nearly as deep as it should, or you intend. As for a bow, having one that large weigh as much as two swords isn't practical. It'll be hard to aim the damn thing for very long."

At that moment Emiya arrived back in the Armory after the traumatic events of Nefarian's Prismatic Plague's immortality effect being taken back. Seeing the youth enter, bow slung across his back, Marzan took the chance to consult the Saber-Archer himself.

"Shirō, that bow you've got there looks heavy. How do you compensate for the weight of that damn thing?
Hei here's looking at-"

"I don't. It's heavy, but I manage."

Emiya's reply was rather blunt and curt, making the smith scoff and furrow his brow. Clearly the young man was in some kind of mood, but the smith wasn't his caretaker. Whatever soured his mood, he'd come out of it himself, or he could leave until he did as such.

"I guess what I'm getting at is this will be heavier than anything you're used to, so your speed will take a hit or two from it.
So before I go ahead and make preparations for this, after hearing this, are you sure it's what you're looking for?"

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Emiya arriving from: Port of Innovus.

Even without the accompanying sketch, Marzan knew exactly what Hei was after. It was an idea he himself had millennia ago, but never could find the right balance between the two. To this day he still didn't think it was completely possible, but if Hei's heart was set on it, the only thing Marzan could do was warn him of the potential downsides.

"What you're asking for isn't impossible, but it's not completely practical either. I can forge you a pair of blades that combine at the hilt into a bow if you wish, however the problem lies in the weight, or to be more clear, the distribution and balance of it.

Different weapons need to have their weight shifted according to their designs and needs. Swords, as you might already be aware, must have their weight evenly distributed between the blade, and the hilt. Failure to do so can have severe effects on trajectory and the efficacy of a slash. Too much weight in the blade, and the blade could fly out of your hand. Too much in the hilt, and your slash won't cut nearly as deep as it should, or you intend. As for a bow, having one that large weigh as much as two swords isn't practical. It'll be hard to aim the damn thing for very long."

At that moment Emiya arrived back in the Armory after the traumatic events of Nefarian's Prismatic Plague's immortality effect being taken back. Seeing the youth enter, bow slung across his back, Marzan took the chance to consult the Saber-Archer himself.
"Shirō, that bow you've got there looks heavy. How do you compensate for the weight of that damn thing?

Hei here's looking at-"

"I don't. It's heavy, but I manage."

Emiya's reply was rather blunt and curt, making the smith scoff and furrow his brow. Clearly the young man was in some kind of mood, but the smith wasn't his caretaker. Whatever soured his mood, he'd come out of it himself, or he could leave until he did as such.
"I guess what I'm getting at is this will be heavier than anything you're used to, so your speed will take a hit or two from it.

So before I go ahead and make preparations for this, after hearing this, are you sure it's what you're looking for?"
Thinking about the loss of speed vs the versatility of such a weapon was hard, the pros can cons of each were balanced... almost. The unknown factor of the weight uneven weight distribution could lean to more negative outcomes in the long run. knowing his own arsenals of abilities and techniques, He believes a standard bow would be more beneficial for a conflict against a god.

"I think the risks of the Bladed Bow outweigh the versatility it may or may not have. Instead I would like to ask for a Longbow."

While at first Hei felt excited about the concept he originally described, in the end a Longbow created from the greatest forge ever to have existed feels more suitable.

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The pain was clear to see; Hei's hopes weren't crushed, but certainly dampened. There was little Marzan could do to lessen this bad news, so he simply went about what he could do.

"Aye, probably for the best. So for a more contemporary bow, to make sure you don't run into that earlier weight issue I'll probably start from a wooden base, and work out from there. Wooden core keeps it's form limber but not flimsy, not something you can really do when you also want the bow's limbs to be swords. Not to mention you'll be needing arrows for it.

With that in mind, I'll need you to go fetch some lumber, and then a couple chunks of ore.
Doesn't have to be anything special, but you lot do tend to surprise me with what you bring my way, so you can surprise me if you like."

With a slight smirk, he directed Hei towards the places of the highest likelihood to provide what he needed, then set about preparations.

Complete three B-Rank missions in either the Badlands of Earth or the Iron Peninsula for the ore, and the Land of Fire for the lumber to gather the raw materials that Marzan needs to forge your tool and ammunition, then return.

Panthalassa

Elite
Kin
1,105💸
Kumi
32,712💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Coming from [x] with Barney

Panthalassa and Barney came from the narrow corridor into an open space loft. There was a single anvil in the room and a lit fire in the furnace. A couple of oddballs were standing together, chatting. The red-haired one seemed dejected.
While the somberness of what had happened in the world hardened Panthalassa a bit, his expression was still very joyful, in stark contrast with the impish flies that started to exude out of him to explore the workshop.

Panthalassa Aburame here, paying my respects to master Marzipan-- I mean, master Marzan! And little master Red-Head! Oh wait... Emiya?! Long time no see, buddy!

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Panthalassa and Barney came from the narrow corridor into an open space loft. There was a single anvil in the room and a lit fire in the furnace. A couple of oddballs were standing together, chatting. The red-haired one seemed dejected.
While the somberness of what had happened in the world hardened Panthalassa a bit, his expression was still very joyful, in stark contrast with the impish flies that started to exude out of him to explore the workshop.

Panthalassa Aburame here, paying my respects to master Marzipan-- I mean, master Marzan! And little master Red-Head! Oh wait... Emiya?! Long time no see, buddy!
At last, they found the armoury deep beneath the Port of Innovus. The heavy door creaked with a thousand year old creak and the thick and heavy air could be felt immediately. The armoury was almost devoid of oxygen due to it all being spent to fuel the flames used to forge these so called God slaying tools, and it made breathing quite a task. Deep and labored breaths made Barney lightheaded for a moment before he could catch his grip. He grabbed onto Panthalassa's shoulder for stability and then proceeded to greet the smith.

"Greetings. I am Barney Yuki and I've come with my friend here because we were told the end of the world was coming." said Barney slowly, still fighting every breath. The heat within the forge wasn't something Barney wasn't used to either. It reminded him of the city hidden in a mountain, back in Dainashi. The orange hue that flickered across the room, dancing in tandem with the flames managed to hide Emiya from his sight completely. It was only after Panthalassa addressed him that Barney took note of his presence.

"Oh, excuse me. Barney Yuki, nice to meet you." he said with his hand stretched out for a handshake.

• Love
Reactions: Panthalassa

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

At last, they found the armoury deep beneath the Port of Innovus. The heavy door creaked with a thousand year old creak and the thick and heavy air could be felt immediately. The armoury was almost devoid of oxygen due to it all being spent to fuel the flames used to forge these so called God slaying tools, and it made breathing quite a task. Deep and labored breaths made Barney lightheaded for a moment before he could catch his grip. He grabbed onto Panthalassa's shoulder for stability and then proceeded to greet the smith.

"Greetings. I am Barney Yuki and I've come with my friend here because we were told the end of the world was coming." said Barney slowly, still fighting every breath. The heat within the forge wasn't something Barney wasn't used to either. It reminded him of the city hidden in a mountain, back in Dainashi. The orange hue that flickered across the room, dancing in tandem with the flames managed to hide Emiya from his sight completely. It was only after Panthalassa addressed him that Barney took note of his presence.

"Oh, excuse me. Barney Yuki, nice to meet you." he said with his hand stretched out for a handshake.
It looked as though people had finally taken to Emiya's message that the smith was back in business, and begun to show up. One face familiar, the other not, Shirō didn't really acknowledge their presence as they weren't here for him. That was the plan anyway, until both registered his presence.

"Hey Admiral, glad to see you're doing well."

His voice was void of it's usual hopeful tone, seemingly cold and hard as a stone. In truth, beneath that icy mask he was boiling over, seething, furious that he could only stand and watch as numerous innocent lives were extinguished before him, and countless more beyond the bounds of Tobusekai were no doubt subjected to the same fate. Emiya was not "dejected" as Pantha assumed, but rather doing his best to present a calm facade as the circumstances that had rocked the planet to it's core struck a rather deep chord with him. Meanwhile Barney extended his hand in greetings.

"I would say that's not the smartest thing, shaking hands with a virulent disease spreading like wildfire...
But I guess the damage's already been done, so it doesn't matter."

Emiya stood up and shook Barney's hand with all the sincerity he could muster, which still amounted to a fair greeting, but his heart simply wasn't in it. With the pleasantries exchanged, he gestured back to Marzan, and took his place back on the fringes of the room, returning to his thoughts.

"Can't say one way or the other about the world ending, but if it involves the likes of Phetra, it's a safe bet to make."

Pacing around to the other side of his anvil, he placed both hands on the hulking mass of iron, and once more sated both his professional and personal curiosity.

"Well? Why do you wish for this power, and what shape would you have it take?"

Once more the smith's question was without judgement or suspicion. It wasn't some complicated song and dance to weed out the unworthy, but rather sheer interest. There had been some rather interesting answers so far, and each one uniquely their own. Such was their nature, and it was exactly that he wanted to draw forth from their souls, and place within their tools.

Panthalassa

Elite
Kin
1,105💸
Kumi
32,712💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It looked as though people had finally taken to Emiya's message that the smith was back in business, and begun to show up. One face familiar, the other not, Shirō didn't really acknowledge their presence as they weren't here for him. That was the plan anyway, until both registered his presence.

His voice was void of it's usual hopeful tone, seemingly cold and hard as a stone. In truth, beneath that icy mask he was boiling over, seething, furious that he could only stand and watch as numerous innocent lives were extinguished before him, and countless more beyond the bounds of Tobusekai were no doubt subjected to the same fate. Emiya was not "dejected" as Pantha assumed, but rather doing his best to present a calm facade as the circumstances that had rocked the planet to it's core struck a rather deep chord with him. Meanwhile Barney extended his hand in greetings.

"I would say that's not the smartest thing, shaking hands with a virulent disease spreading like wildfire...

Emiya stood up and shook Barney's hand with all the sincerity he could muster, which still amounted to a fair greeting, but his heart simply wasn't in it. With the pleasantries exchanged, he gestured back to Marzan, and took his place back on the fringes of the room, returning to his thoughts.

"Can't say one way or the other about the world ending, but if it involves the likes of Phetra, it's a safe bet to make."

Pacing around to the other side of his anvil, he placed both hands on the hulking mass of iron, and once more sated both his professional and personal curiosity.

Once more the smith's question was without judgement or suspicion. It wasn't some complicated song and dance to weed out the unworthy, but rather sheer interest. There had been some rather interesting answers so far, and each one uniquely their own. Such was their nature, and it was exactly that he wanted to draw forth from their souls, and place within their tools.
Panthalassa's smile was still very much his usual one, but after seeing Emiya from a closer point, there was a dawn of understanding between the two of them. A weight of helplessless at the state of the world, and a seething urge to put an end to it.

Taking that cue, Panthalassa spoke first, nodding to Barney before facing Marzan.

I remeber Phetra... and I remeber how utterly powerless we were to hit her...

I joined the Champions of Humanity for a sense of purpose. And it was one of the most foolish things I have ever done. I do not regret going to Irkalla to help... but I regret doing it so willy nilly. After journeying with my friend here, I think I have gained a better understanding of myself. My purpose is set on Humanity, and I can't continue to see all this suffering without doing a thing to stop it. These tools... if they at least give us a small chance to fight back, then I shall take it. With your permission of course.

He paused, thinking about the form of the weapon he wanted... A scythe, like his custom weapon? It could be useful... but it doesn't make sense to have two of those... He needed a new bug catching net, but it might be better to have more versatility. And the idea of catching a god could be good, but wouldn't necessarily kill it.

Actually, I know what I want... I want a Bug Swatter... And do you have one of those zapping ones? I only have Water Chakra, and it would be cool to have a god killing tool that could infuse my techniques with god killing electricity.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Panthalassa's smile was still very much his usual one, but after seeing Emiya from a closer point, there was a dawn of understanding between the two of them. A weight of helplessless at the state of the world, and a seething urge to put an end to it.

Taking that cue, Panthalassa spoke first, nodding to Barney before facing Marzan.

I joined the Champions of Humanity for a sense of purpose. And it was one of the most foolish things I have ever done. I do not regret going to Irkalla to help... but I regret doing it so willy nilly. After journeying with my friend here, I think I have gained a better understanding of myself. My purpose is set on Humanity, and I can't continue to see all this suffering without doing a thing to stop it. These tools... if they at least give us a small chance to fight back, then I shall take it. With your permission of course.

He paused, thinking about the form of the weapon he wanted... A scythe, like his custom weapon? It could be useful... but it doesn't make sense to have two of those... He needed a new bug catching net, but it might be better to have more versatility. And the idea of catching a god could be good, but wouldn't necessarily kill it.

Actually, I know what I want... I want a Bug Swatter... And do you have one of those zapping ones? I only have Water Chakra, and it would be cool to have a god killing tool that could infuse my techniques with god killing electricity.
Barney noticed the unease and awkwardness of the handshake so he kept it firm but short, not taking much bother from it. It appeared that Emiya wasn't in a great mood so he have him a sour smile and turned to Marzan instead. ("THE GINGER DOESN'T LIKE YOU!", the horrible within his conscious said ironically.) Barney twitched his head slightly trying to shake off his horrible conscious and gave everyone a quick glance, making sure that nobody noticed. He chuckled at Panthalassa's choice of tool but to be fair, his wasn't any better. They really were a pair od loons. Barney had a few choices narrowed down but he couldn't ultimately decide. His first favorite was a syringe. But not any of those fancy ones the kids use nowadays. He wanted one of those antique syringes that you could find in ancient torturing kits. Those that you would use to push horse tranquilizers into mentally ill patients to be able to tie them down and put them in the white room. Unfortunately, from what Barney understood Marzan was exceptional at bladed weapon making so he wasn't sure if his idea of a syringe was achievable. That's why his backup choice was a surgical knife from the same type of kit used in the medieval days, back when medicine wasn't as advanced and only a few crazed lunatics dared desecrate a human body for their research.

"That's a good question Sir." said Barney politely. "Initially, I had conflicting views in regards to humanity and and it's progress, however recent developments have made me realize that there is nothing more precious than life. Being able to preserve life as well as create and nourish it is the greatest gift to humanity. I wish to protect that gift." Barney said while he enveloped his hand in a white hue as he changed the balance of his chakra towards yang, showcasing it primarily to Panthalassa.

"Please forgive me for this question. I mean no offense, but I wonder what is the scope of the tools you can create? I understand that such a renowned blacksmith like yourself must be exceptional at bladed weapons. However, as you can tell from my appearance, I do not have the desire to wield such a thing." Barney hinted at his laboratory coat and overall scientific look, hoping he would understand that he's primarily interested in medicine. As such, he proceeded.

"Instead, I am interested if you are able to create an antique syringe that I could use to inject a God slaying tranquilizer into whatever we're supposed to fight to save humanity. I understand if that is out of your reach of possibility and have a backup choice just in case. That would be an antique surgical knife with a twist, if you may. If anyhow possible, I woundn't want it to be made out of stainless steel. Instead, I wish a material that can rust so that my cuts would be the least thing the opponent should worry about." Barney concluded with a crazed look in his eyes an then returned to normal when he realized the awkwardness he brought into the armoury.

Last edited:

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Barney noticed the unease and awkwardness of the handshake so he kept it firm but short, not taking much bother from it. It appeared that Emiya wasn't in a great mood so he have him a sour smile and turned to Marzan instead. ("THE GINGER DOESN'T LIKE YOU!", the horrible within his conscious said ironically.) Barney twitched his head slightly trying to shake off his horrible conscious and gave everyone a quick glance, making sure that nobody noticed. He chuckled at Panthalassa's choice of tool but to be fair, his wasn't any better. They really were a pair od loons. Barney had a few choices narrowed down but he couldn't ultimately decide. His first favorite was a syringe. But not any of those fancy ones the kids use nowadays. He wanted one of those antique syringes that you could find in ancient torturing kits. Those that you would use to push horse tranquilizers into mentally ill patients to be able to tie them down and put them in the white room. Unfortunately, from what Barney understood Marzan was exceptional at bladed weapon making so he wasn't sure if his idea of a syringe was achievable. That's why his backup choice was a surgical knife from the same type of kit used in the medieval days, back when medicine wasn't as advanced and only a few crazed lunatics dared desecrate a human body for their research.

"That's a good question Sir." said Barney politely. "Initially, I had conflicting views in regards to humanity and and it's progress, however recent developments have made me realize that there is nothing more precious than life. Being able to preserve life as well as create and nourish it is the greatest gift to humanity. I wish to protect that gift." Barney said while he enveloped his hand in a white hue as he changed the balance of his chakra towards yang, showcasing it primarily to Panthalassa.

"Please forgive me for this question. I mean no offense, but I wonder what is the scope of the tools you can create? I understand that such a renowned blacksmith like yourself must be exceptional at bladed weapons. However, as you can tell from my appearance, I do not have the desire to wield such a thing." Barney hinted at his laboratory coat and overall scientific look, hoping he would understand that he's primarily interested in medicine. As such, he proceeded.

"Instead, I am interested if you are able to create an antique syringe that I could use to inject a God slaying tranquilizer into whatever we're supposed to fight to save humanity. I understand if that is out of your reach of possibility and have a backup choice just in case. That would be an antique surgical knife with a twist, if you may. If anyhow possible, I woundn't want it to be made out of stainless steel. Instead, I wish a material that can rust so that my cuts would be the least thing the opponent should worry about." Barney concluded with a crazed look in his eyes an then returned to normal when he realized the awkwardness he brought into the armoury.
Silence hung on the air for several moments, the smith's face a mix of confusion and surprise.

"A bug what? Zapper? What in Irkalla's name is that?"

"Admiral, look around. Does it look like our esteemed Blacksmith here has spare electronics just lying around? The only modern innovations here are the ones you bring in with you. Marzan, he's basically asking for a rounded square flat board on a stick. But electrified."

"So like a War Fan? What do you call those... Gunbai?"

"Well, yes, but actually no. They tend to have holes, or a diamond-shaped lattice.
You stack and overlap strips of material so air can pass through, but not the bugs you're swatting at."

With a sigh, Marzan resigned himself to the fact no one may ever ask for a simple blade ever again, but what the Admiral wanted was well within the realm of what he could achieve, if a bit odd. He turned his attention to the horrible doctor.

"Syringe is a bit more delicate than what I can offer, but the principle of one? Aye, I could do that.
Make the core of a blade hollow, add injection points within the hilt. As for rust, it's possible, though you do realize you're asking me to create you a faulty tool? What good smith would ever sully their reputation by providing a sub-par piece of work?"

"Well it's a good thing you're not a good smith, right? You're the best."

If only the smith had the visual prowess and ability to stare literal daggers into existence within Emiya. It would certainly make forging easier if he could wave a hand and summon blades like the entitled swordsman in the corner. But Emiya had the right of it. Would it really be considered "sub-par work if it's what it was asked of him? The best smith would find a way to allow for rust without compromising the tool's integrity...

"Fine, I'll see what I can do. Pantha, you'll need a couple chunks of ore and some lumber for the shaft. Barney, you just need ore. You can find what you both need in the Lands of Earth and Iron, while Pantha can grab their wood along the way in the Land of Fire."

Complete three B-Rank missions each in either the Badlands of Earth or the Iron Peninsula for the ore, and the Land of Fire for the lumber. Gather the raw materials that Marzan needs to forge your tools, then return.

Reactions: McRazor

Panthalassa

Elite
Kin
1,105💸
Kumi
32,712💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Silence hung on the air for several moments, the smith's face a mix of confusion and surprise.
"A bug what? Zapper? What in Irkalla's name is that?"

"Admiral, look around. Does it look like our esteemed Blacksmith here has spare electronics just lying around? The only modern innovations here are the ones you bring in with you. Marzan, he's basically asking for a rounded square flat board on a stick. But electrified."

"So like a War Fan? What do you call those... Gunbai?"

"Well, yes, but actually no. They tend to have holes, or a diamond-shaped lattice.

You stack and overlap strips of material so air can pass through, but not the bugs you're swatting at."

With a sigh, Marzan resigned himself to the fact no one may ever ask for a simple blade ever again, but what the Admiral wanted was well within the realm of what he could achieve, if a bit odd. He turned his attention to the horrible doctor.
"Syringe is a bit more delicate than what I can offer, but the principle of one? Aye, I could do that.

Make the core of a blade hollow, add injection points within the hilt. As for rust, it's possible, though you do realize you're asking me to create you a faulty tool? What good smith would ever sully their reputation by providing a sub-par piece of work?"

"Well it's a good thing you're not a good smith, right? You're the best."

If only the smith had the visual prowess and ability to stare literal daggers into existence within Emiya. It would certainly make forging easier if he could wave a hand and summon blades like the entitled swordsman in the corner. But Emiya had the right of it. Would it really be considered "sub-par work if it's what it was asked of him? The best smith would find a way to allow for rust without compromising the tool's integrity...
"Fine, I'll see what I can do. Pantha, you'll need a couple chunks of ore and some lumber for the shaft. Barney, you just need ore. You can find what you both need in the Lands of Earth and Iron, while Pantha can grab their wood along the way in the Land of Fire."

Complete three B-Rank missions each in either the Badlands of Earth or the Iron Peninsula for the ore, and the Land of Fire for the lumber. Gather the raw materials that Marzan needs to forge your tools, then return.
Actually, if I may add a request!id like to make my weapon mainly out of chitin. Would that be alright? I figured it would be a challenge, but it would fit me tremendously!

• Haha

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Actually, if I may add a request!id like to make my weapon mainly out of chitin. Would that be alright? I figured it would be a challenge, but it would fit me tremendously!
Marzan's face twisted into one of sheer confusion, his head tilted to the side in disbelief at the odd request. One after another...

"That is, without a doubt, the strangest request anyone has ever made of me, and I have been around a long time.
I am a simple smith, young master Panthalassa. I work with metals and ores, and I confess to the occasional spot of carpentry if the need arises. Despite this, I haven't the slightest idea how to work with bug shells and wings. Considering my works primarily utilize this forge, asking me to work with flammable materials like those might not be the wisest move. More likely than not you'd leave here with a pile of ashes and the taste of regret, fit to slay nothing but your own joy. If you're not keen on a metal "swatter", I can substitute the ore for wood if that is less cumbersome."

• Wow

Panthalassa

Elite
Kin
1,105💸
Kumi
32,712💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Marzan's face twisted into one of sheer confusion, his head tilted to the side in disbelief at the odd request. One after another...

"That is, without a doubt, the strangest request anyone has ever made of me, and I have been around a long time.
I am a simple smith, young master Panthalassa. I work with metals and ores, and I confess to the occasional spot of carpentry if the need arises. Despite this, I haven't the slightest idea how to work with bug shells and wings. Considering my works primarily utilize this forge, asking me to work with flammable materials like those might not be the wisest move. More likely than not you'd leave here with a pile of ashes and the taste of regret, fit to slay nothing but your own joy. If you're not keen on a metal "swatter", I can substitute the ore for wood if that is less cumbersome."
I think you'll find my choice quite pleasing, because I have a very cool idea. I shall surprise you, they won't be flammable!

Panthalassa said, before turning to Barney and motioning that he was ready to go, in case the Yuki was as well. But before going through the door, he whispered to Barney.

We need to find a Gravity user... do you know where we can find Alucard or Hei?

LLM

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think you'll find my choice quite pleasing, because I have a very cool idea. I shall surprise you, they won't be flammable!

Panthalassa said, before turning to Barney and motioning that he was ready to go, in case the Yuki was as well. But before going through the door, he whispered to Barney.

We need to find a Gravity user... do you know where we can find Alucard or Hei?

LLM
Barney laughed audibly at the latest exchange and to be quite frank, he felt sympathy with Marzan. His buddy was a great guy but with that little twist that made him special. That's probably why they fit together so nicely, because they were alike. Nevertheless, Barney was ready to leave at Panthalassa's sign when suddenly a sharp intrusive thought crossed his mind. It was his horrible conscience playing mind games yet again. ("I WONDER IF HIS HAIR DOWN THERE IS RED AS WELL!!! AHAHAHAHA!!" it laughed maniacally in the depths of his mind.) Barney pinched his nasal brigde and squeezed his eyes as if a massive migraine raced through his mind, hoping that it would pass soon. Moments felt like an eternity before Barney was as able to shake it off and continue as instructed. He couldn't hear Panthalassa clearly but understood only Alucard and Hei, so he repeated their names in the form of questions as they left.

"Alucard? Hei?"

LLM

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Oppressive darkness, and suffocating temperatures. These were the most obvious features one could make of the surroundings. Shapes and shadows fly passed, but the darkness is perpetual. Ash and smoke hung in the air, thick and heavy, making the act of maintaining one's life in this place a constant struggle. Though obfuscated by an impenetrable wall of heavy black smoke, the outline of a calamitous event could be seen in the air. A "hole" in the fabric of reality itself, from which hell spewed forth it's endless flames. Thick crimson molten mud ceaselessly discharged from an unknown space, burning everything in it's path on contact. This is where Shirō Emiya was born. A fiery kiln that rendered everyone and everything else in his home to ash. It was a place he routinely recalled, though now it was being used for a far more productive purpose. It was no longer a place of pain, at least not in the sense that it had until this moment.

Swift footsteps battering against a scalding concrete floor, the heavy gasps of a man dying to catch a moments respite to regain his composure, and breath. There was no rest to be found here in Fuyuki. As he ducked around a corner, and slunk into the shadows, for but a moment did he remain still before the thunderous cry of a distant explosion reach his ears. Not a second later, the ground at his feet shattered apart, the work of a sniper rifle fired from several kilometers away. Chunks of pavement and road sent flying in all directions, shattering the windows of quaint backstreet shopfronts and homes, the crater in the ground larger than the man it was aimed at. If the shot had connected, he would have lost his bottom half. There was no reason it should have missed given the disadvantage the sniper had him at, thus there was only one answer; A warning shot. Next time I will not miss. Within seconds the sound of heavy, sluggish footsteps resumed once more, swiftly followed by a pair of shadows, swifter and quieter than the first. - Emiya sprinted through the ruined remains of his former home, unaware which one was "his", which pile of ashes could be his family, his friends. Where he may have gone to school, hung out on the weekends, which shop he'd go to for a cheeky treat on the way home. They didn't matter now. Things were so different that this may as well have been someone else's life. Leaping down a set of cascading stairs, the sight of the city in flames was particularly difficult to see, as even though this particular event was set in stone, for Emiya it was a representation of his loss, and his inability to act. This city in flames could just as easily have been Tiamat's rampage, or the Prismatic Plague's aftermath. Using this scene as the backdrop for a training regime, while initially taxing to repeat, it reminded him of everything he fought for.

As he began to feel the burn take hold in his legs, both from the running and the blistering heat, he finally made it to his target location. Every time thus far he'd been rushed in ruined streets cluttered with all manner of debris, or in back alleys like the one where he'd nearly lost his legs, and presumably moments later, life. In contrast, he now found himself standing amidst a sea of graves. An open field where he could see either projectiles, such as the round fired at him minutes ago, or the shadowy figures aiming to kill him coming from miles away. Standing out in the open he was quite literally daring his pursuer to take a shot. He managed to turn his opponent's advantage back on them, and give himself a moment to breathe. Things were eerily quiet, even with the sounds of roaring flames in the background. It was not to last however. With barely a minute passed, Emiya watched a figure emerge from the distance, cresting a hill several hundred meters away, slowly marching in his direction. It was himself, or rather part of him. Muramasa. Clad in a black suit with a white mantle, with a red obi belt, Tsumukari in hand, he approached at a constant pace. Of all of Emiya's Alter Egos, Muramasa was the most straightforward. It made sense, he was a personal interpretation of another person, one with few flaws, and of outstanding character. A frontal assault was all he ever would entertain. Emiya knew that. He also knew at least two Alters were as far from this honorable approach as possible. One was currently taking potshots from the next zip code over, and the other was currently bringing a twisted, gnarled blade down towards his head from behind. Angra's blade would not find it's mark, as Emiya's instincts kicked in. His eyes turned a vibrant shade of silver as the blade passed through an afterimage left behind moments before. Angra's face sported a smile as twisted and crooked as the weapons in his hand, but beneath this he was furious. His approach was flawless, so Emiya had no right noticing it, never mind avoiding it. In truth, Emiya didn't notice it on his own. The answer lay in Muramasa's hands, as Emiya's keen vision could see Angra's silhouette leaping into the air on the blade's immaculate surface, as distorted as it was. Leaping into the air, face to face with Avenger, Emiya only stared him down as they both began approaching the ground. It wasn't odd that he took this approach. Out of all of them, he was undoubtedly the weakest, a sneak attack was his best and only chance.

Like clockwork as they were descending, Emiya heard that distant scream once more, the sound of a round violently being fired from the barrel of Alter's weapon. He was in possession of a pair of modular hand cannons, configured for extreme ranges, effectively making them a sniper rifle in all but name. Emiya could see the round approach, slowly at first, but as it drew nearer it almost looked as though it sped up. Judging from the trajectory, this was no warning shot; it was aimed center mass. If it struck him it was guaranteed to kill. Still suspended in the air, dodging was, sadly, not an option, thus retaliation was in order. Still keeping his focus solely on Angra, a series of distortions in space time began to form around Emiya. Light and space seemingly bending into numerous shapes, bending, folding in on itself. One such shape was that of an enlarged shield, placed squarely between himself and Alter, positioned to intercept the round before it hit it's mark. As expected the round ricocheted, harmlessly bouncing off the shield's immaculate front and high into the air. This moment that had dragged on for long enough was brought to a close with Emiya grabbing a pair of the folds in space time, his Armiger Arsenal, bringing them forth from beyond the thin veil of reality. As they landed, despite the confidence in his initial attack, Angra immediately retreated, and Emiya lunged. He found his reach lacking, thus the tattooed reflection managed to escape, enabled by the approach of Muramasa, who launched into a sprint of his own as the pair landed. Easily the largest threat, even in here, especially with the blade in his hands, Emiya did not pursue the cowardly Alter. Pivoting around with the same motion he used to slash at Angra, Emiya spun around and leapt at the blacksmith. The former had the advantage in many respects; reach, quality of weapon, approach distance and all that entails such as momentum, force, and so on, but Emiya met him head on, determined to grow strong from these clashes.

In the space of a breath the pair clashed several dozen times, each time Emiya's blades were shattered and replaced with another from within his seemingly infinite arsenal. Muramasa would be impressed if only it weren't so tiring, watching the young man seemingly prefer quantity over quality. To a smith like him, it was insulting, though undeniably effective. Thus a change in strategy was in order. After their initial clash was finished, the smith began to emit his own immense heat, greater than even that of the fires in the surrounding city, and launched into another series of strikes, each one flawless in execution, and putting Emiya squarely on the defensive. Each strike went beyond the reach of the blade, and threatened to burn Emiya with each nuanced flick, or twist or change in form. Emiya maintained a defensive advantage through his instincts, but couldn't fight back so long as he remained committed to survival, thus he switched from defensive to offensive. Switching from "Kōtai" and "Kenbunshoku", the two primarily defensive principles of his Minds Eye of the Hawk Ultra Instinct, to "Mezame" and "Haki", those responsible for the more offensive approach, Emiya took another pair of blades in hand and applied one of his personal skills, "(Hokyō) Reinforcement" to them. As they were blades, he reinforced the concept of "cutting" within them, which caused the pair to extend violently, their immaculate forms splintering into countless jagged edges, and with these renewed blades in hand, he engaged again. This time the blades did not shatter upon contact with Marzan's masterpiece, and instead withstood it for several moments. Whats more, the increased range allowed Emiya to engage safely, without fear of the smiths flames. Witnessing his ability to adapt to the situation, Muramasa responded in kind. He was rather proud of this one actually. He had intentionally been throwing flames out left and right to force the temperature of the air around them to increase, all for this moment. With another lunge, this time the flames spewing forth from his body took on a pale blue color, the warmth in the air immediately robbed from it, stolen by an endothermic reaction occurring within Muramasa's fire. For a moment nothing happened, but then another thunderous bellow could be heard in the distance. Emiya was beginning to get tired of that damn Gunner's antics, but the exact scope of the attack was beyond what he was prepared for. Immediately following that, Emiya watched as the horizon itself was engulfed, a great shadow blackening out the sky, with crimson-purple flashes here and there. Finally EMIYA had decided to play his hand, seeing an opening, and more importantly the increased likelihood of a victory from it.

All at once, each action took effect. The first and most important was Muramasa's thermal play. With the elevated temperature, the air in the graveyard had expanded, and with the cold, contracted. This violently pulled Emiya back into the space he and the smith had just clashed, and had the additional effect of pulling in everything else in the surrounding area, aside from the smith himself who knew to retreat out of harms way as soon as the pair parted. Next to follow was the round fired by Alter, aimed once again squarely for Emiya's torso. This time Emiya deflected the round down using the side of his altered blade, causing it to miss it's mark. Or so he thought. The moment the round made contact with the earth, a sealing script applied to it's surface immediately spread out, unsealing the contents of said formula into the soil beneath his feet. In an instant, the graveyard resembled another landscape of Emiya's, one of infinite swords and snow. Though he should have been impaled by the countless weapons now jutting out from the ground, the last slivers of silver in his eyes gave him the awareness needed to avoid a fatal blow. Despite this victory, Emiya had no room to celebrate, as EMIYA's projectiles were raining down. The sheer scale and magnitude of the assault was unfathomable. Where Muramasa was deadly because of the flawless creation in his hands, the threat EMIYA posed was not because of one single weapon or technique in his arsenal, but the sheer scale and depth of his arsenal. These particular projectiles exploded on contact, and while not particularly destructive on their own, what they lacked in power, they more than made up for it in the sheer numbers. Instead of being a single destructive attack that could be blocked, countered, defended, sealed, absorbed and so on, it covered a massive area with many, spreading the threat out to bypass such attempts. Despite this, it was not indefensible, and luckily Emiya had exactly what he needed on hand. Literally. With all the haste of someone whose life was about to be extinguished, he raised a hand to the sky, emitting a dazzling purple light that coalesced into a blooming flower. Seven layers sprout from within it, each one capable of withstanding a fixed amount of Chakra. Despite being pulled into a more concentrated area, this partially reduced the threat of the splintered assault raining down on Emiya, making defending it easier, and thanks to his Aias, Emiya came out unscathed.

Surrounded by flickering flames of conflicting temperatures, impact zones from the veritable orbital bombardment he just withstood, along with countless blood-stained arms, Emiya was beginning to wonder how much this was actually preparing him for the future. While these training sessions definitely helped, he felt as though the progress he was making wasn't nearly enough to justify the time spent. His thought was cut short however, as he felt a second tug in the air's pressure. Looking to the source, it was Muramasa, blade held above his head, burning bright as ever. Upon closer inspection he was seemingly covered in scorch marks, evidently he'd overdone it earlier and burned himself, and yet seemed to show no sign of stopping his assault. In fact he had doubled down, showing his true nature. The essence of the blacksmith who would cast and forge victory with his entirety, both body and spirit, to the point of burning himself to ash. While it wasn't a slash that could rend the fabric of reality itself it was still a very real and present threat, so Emiya thought about how best to respond. He had gotten faster at choosing what exactly to respond with in a given situation, but he was nowhere near as decisive as his future counterpart. Fleet of foot and deft of hand Emiya pulled out his bow and instantly nocked an arrow, using his full strength to draw the reinforced string back. Between ragged breaths he let out an incantation.

There is no Beast My Arrow Cannot Reach」​

In that instant Emiya's bow gave off a golden aura, as did the surrounding area. Seeing this Muramasa donned a hearty smile, and swung down. Emiya responded by letting go of the arrow. In the resulting clash all hell broke loose. Upon contact with Muramasa's technique, the arrow expanded into a large sphere which collapsed in on itself, taking everything within it's range with it. Despite this, the slash still continued passed the sphere, and into the city beyond, carving the landscape in half with immense strength and heat, carving a straight line through Fuyuki, the edges of which were still hot to the touch, melting down into the oblivion opened up by the blazing slash. The arrow meanwhile dispersed with the same pull that Muramasa's flames had produced. While this didn't completely render the slash null, it created a blind spot where the attack would not hit anything, as it had been sealed into the resulting singularity. This prevented the immediate threat, but not the persistent one caused by the smith, a threat Emiya would eliminate now.

Muramasa had shielded himself with his off hand after the resulting explosive force of the pairs techniques collision. Preparing himself for yet another slash, surprise hit him like a wave once the dust had settled there was no one there. There were few options open to Emiya at the time, so in a moment of inspiration he looked up to see Emiya positioned squarely above him, bow drawn once more, face a determined scowl. Seeing this, it wasn't hard to understand what Emiya had done. He'd used to sphere to block line of sight as he rushed in, then leapt over once the sphere began to collapse in on itself, taking care not to get caught in his own technique, as well as the areas of Muramasa's slash that were not affected by the Orion Hórkos. Risky, but worth it if it was successful, and as Muramasa's smile grew into one of awe, it was clear the smith felt he had no chance to respond and intended to let the attack hit. Shirō didn't hesitate to fire his arrow, aiming to cleave straight down Muramasa's spine. The arrow would not hit it's mark, for the moment Emiya let go of the string and the arrow begun it's descent, another from far off was fired straight into it, sending it ricocheting off into the distance. The lesson here was clear; Even when you do everything right, when everything goes to plan, you are going to fail. What matters is what you do next. EMIYA had been dropping these depressing nuggets of knowledge the entire time, and Shirō was beginning to get truly frustrated with it. He had been giving the pair of long ranged Alter Ego's far too much free reign, and would respond in kind, no matter what it took. As he landed, Muramasa took a swing with renewed vigor, and Emiya countered back with the over-edged Kanshō & Bakuya, but as he did, the other Armiger portals he had been keeping active changed in shape and color, converted from a blue-ish crystal clear like distortion in the shape of weapons to a golden shimmering flat circular distortion. He hated having to rely upon the tools of his opponent, especially one who triumphed over him, but this meant he could confront Muramasa, EMIYA and Alter all at once. Using the last two shots from each of them, Shirō began bombarding those areas with his stolen Gates of Babylon. If Angelica or even the King of Heroes himself could see this they would surely be seething... This back and forth went on for an age, each time Emiya being placed under a little more pressure, and each time he adapted that little bit more, that minute moment faster. It all came to a close, not with some grand assault from countless Noble Phantasms, or reality itself being sundered by a blade positioned between Divinity and the Void, but a sneak attack from behind by Avenger. With one blade driven into his back, and the other towards the back of his head, Emiya then awoke within the armory with a surprised gasp. Once the shock had passed, he was overcome with frustration at himself, and a newfound rage towards the black sheep.

"Damn it... Fucking asshole."

Though his frustration was plain, beneath it all there was a sigh of relief. He was making progress each time. Little by little, bit by bit he was getting stronger. He was thankful for this, even if he was essentially play fighting in his mind against edgy and color swapped versions of himself. He had no idea what trials awaited him on the horizon, but this undoubtedly felt like a step in the right direction. After a few moments to recenter himself and gain his composure, he was shrouded in a veil of steam as he entered his Genjutsu once more.

(Genjutsu: Hyun Hwan Shim Yun Gon) Illusary Art: Outer Body Training Method
Type: Defensive/ Supplementary
Range: Self
Chakra: 20 - 40
Damage: N/A
Description: Created by a secretive group within the World of Murim known as the "Artists Society", the Outer Body Training Method is a Genjutsu that allows one to train and practice martial arts in an almost meditative trance placed upon themselves. The Genjutsu comes in several Ranks, with each one adding more strength to the Genjutsu. The user starts by gathering an amount of Chakra equivalent to the usage they'd like to perform, and releases it as a steam-like cloak around their body. With this "cloak" they disrupt their own Chakra flow, and place themselves under the Genjutsu. Within the Genjutsu the user experiences a black void with minimal features they can determine upon casting, from the perspective of an astral-projection like illusory clone of themselves, and finally an mental image of an opponent, or group of opponents. The users "projection" can perform all the same physical techniques the user themselves can, such as Taijutsu, Kenjutsu, etc, and if the user isn't affected by a Paralyzing Genjutsu, it can even copy the user's own movements. The same is true for their "projected opponent", allowing the user to utilize what information they have on them to visualize a battle between themselves and their opponent(s), like a mental exercise. This has the added benefit of allowing the user to "overwrite" other Genjutsu placed upon them, provided they are weaker than the Genjutsu the user casts upon themselves. In the case of equally ranked conflicting Genjutsu, as is stated within the "Illusionary Arts" thread, both are neutralized, and immediately disperse. This technique also has another usage within combat, besides overwriting Genjutsu. It can be used as a form of "movement prediction", as, if the user and their opponent are about to clash in close-quarters, the user can quickly use what information they have about their target, and mentally test their own moves out, and attempt to "predict" how the opponent will react. There are flaws with this technique however, for example, if the user doesn't know their opponent, and every move they can make, they can easily be caught off guard. Even something as a simple change is style can result in disastrous consequences if the user heavily relies on it within real combat. It also doesn't provide any addition benefit to the user's physical stats, like their tracking or reaction speed. It can only be used purely to mentally test one's style against anothers.

Note: A-Rank and higher applications require two hand seals.
Note: The A-Rank application is limited to 4 times per battle, and the S-Rank is limited to 2 times per battle.
Note: This technique cannot be used to overpower Genjutsu of a higher nature, such as MS or Yin Genjutsu.
Note: When used to counter Genjutsu of B-Rank or higher, the user has to deal with the following side-effects.

B-Rank: Unable to use this Jutsu for 1 turn.
A-Rank: Unable to use this Jutsu for 2 turns.
S-Rank: Unable to use this Jutsu for 3 turns, and perform Genjutsu A-Rank or above for 2 turns.​

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
While crude, Marzan was utterly indifferent to the disrespectful display of smearing shit on his works, flawed though they may be. If the words or actions of one man, especially one who sought to use his works ironically enough, caused him any pain, he never would have made it passed his first successful craft all those millennia ago. Never sought improvement, to carry him into the realm of the Gods themselves. His answer, while seemingly given much thought, was simple and to the point. Because he could. He had the capacity to defy the Gods, thus that was all the reason he ever needed. With a slight chuckle, Marzan replied.
"As good a reason as any other, and a very human one at that.

Now, what shape would you have your 'defiance' take?"

Mugetsu's response was swift and decisive.
"A Kyoketsu-shoge."

"A short blade and Chakram on a chain eh? Very well. You'll need to bring me lots of ore for that.

Get to it then, and make sure you don't track any more crap in with you, eh?"

Complete three B-Rank missions in either the Badlands of Earth or the Iron Peninsula to gather the raw materials that Marzan needs to forge your tool, then return.
Mugetsu looks around at the lot of failed forgeries and creations all around Marzan's workshop. It was steel that didn't need blooming, heavy in carbon, just needed to be reforged. He looks at Marzan with a look of disappointment, too defeated to explain it to him, it would've been easier to just get the ore. Mugetsu walks out.
Even gods experience cognitive impairment...

LLM

Kin
1,902💸
Kumi
15,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Previous post.

Musashi found the forge, directed by the small, but somewhat steady steam of souls moving too and from its location, her innate awareness guiding her towards it.

When she finally arrived she was met by what appeared at its surface to be a rather meager forge. But Musashi's intuition was sharp, and she could feel the legacy that permeated the air of this place.

Various weapons laid in disarray, disrepair or unfinished states, but Musashi - who had seen her fair share of blades - could still recognize the remarkable craftsmanship that went into each.

The air of the place was heavy, and the flames dancing off the walls gave off a fulfilling warmth of sorts; Musashi's awareness of the souls of all things gave her insight to the fact there were indeed people here, and that the smithy seemed to be in use.

"Yahoo! Hello? Anyone here? I hear the smith here produces really good quality swords, and I was wondering if maybe I could take a peak?!" shouted Musashi into the empty room.

Reactions: Ańbu Juniør

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Previous post.

Musashi found the forge, directed by the small, but somewhat steady steam of souls moving too and from its location, her innate awareness guiding her towards it.

When she finally arrived she was met by what appeared at its surface to be a rather meager forge. But Musashi's intuition was sharp, and she could feel the legacy that permeated the air of this place.

Various weapons laid in disarray, disrepair or unfinished states, but Musashi - who had seen her fair share of blades - could still recognize the remarkable craftsmanship that went into each.

The air of the place was heavy, and the flames dancing off the walls gave off a fulfilling warmth of sorts; Musashi's awareness of the souls of all things gave her insight to the fact there were indeed people here, and that the smithy seemed to be in use.

"Yahoo! Hello? Anyone here? I hear the smith here produces really good quality swords, and I was wondering if maybe I could take a peak?!" shouted Musashi into the empty room.
Another soul had wandered into his forge, and yet Marzan's conviction did not falter for even a moment. Despite the bombardment of requests he was subject to, one after another, each new request as unique and complex as the one making it, it made the smith happy his works were held in such a high regard. But he only made the vessel for the capacity for Humanity's souls, and the boundless potential contained within. When this latest figure came in specifically interested in swords, his forte, the poor smith almost wept. Of course neither the situation nor his reaction were that emotional, however after fire pokers and polearms and stakes and medicinal needles, to hear the word sword was a welcome change.

"If it's a sword you're looking for, you can have more than a peek."

At that moment Emiya chirped in, taking a brief respite from his extracurricular daydreaming fan-fiction battles with his alternate personalities. You know. Healthy people stuff.

"Take it from me, you will never find a better sword, in this land or any other. He's the genuine article."

With a thumb Emiya gestured to Tsumukari, set gracefully upon a table before him, inviting Musashi to inspect it if she wished, or held any doubts. Marzan scoffed, but held his tongue from denying that his work was second to none. In this day and age at least, and certainly for those who called Humanity their allies, it was all they could ever hope for and more.

"That one's a special case, but if you ever find yourself unable to meaningfully harm your opponent as they possess a form of Divine Authority or Divinity, that is to say a 'God', you'' have no better tool at your disposal."

Reactions: Keotsu