Gobi Gobletsson

Legendary
Kin
473💸
Kumi
7,961💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Arriving from here: https://animebase.me/threads/port-of-innovus-212.768206/page-13#post-22121959

Descending down the ladder, Amaimon would sit down half-way, on one of the broad steps. He inspected the forge, his nonchalant look remained unimpressed, as the forge itself, was rather unimpressive. Obviously, the tool of the smith, didnt define the smith himself, but it obviously gave an edge, doing his art. He didnt spot anything glamours, but alas, he wouldnt judge the cover by his book.

The Katsuryoku gave his Genki a glance, which only the genki would pick up as stern. Amidamaru quickly reassured that this was the right thing to do - After all, Amaimon followed but his Genki, blindfolded.

He descended the remaining of the ladder, and would glance about, looking for the smith. “Heyo..?” He questioned, expecting a response, as he glanced to the empty weapon racks.

@Imperfect

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Arriving from here: https://animebase.me/threads/port-of-innovus-212.768206/page-13#post-22121959

Descending down the ladder, Amaimon would sit down half-way, on one of the broad steps. He inspected the forge, his nonchalant look remained unimpressed, as the forge itself, was rather unimpressive. Obviously, the tool of the smith, didnt define the smith himself, but it obviously gave an edge, doing his art. He didnt spot anything glamours, but alas, he wouldnt judge the cover by his book.

The Katsuryoku gave his Genki a glance, which only the genki would pick up as stern. Amidamaru quickly reassured that this was the right thing to do - After all, Amaimon followed but his Genki, blindfolded.

He descended the remaining of the ladder, and would glance about, looking for the smith. “Heyo..?” He questioned, expecting a response, as he glanced to the empty weapon racks.

@Imperfect
As expected thanks were given from his previous patrons, and yet before their echoes could quieten to nothingness, yet more hands came a knocking on the humble establishment of the Smith of God Slayers. How reassuring it was, to have so many so willing to defend humanity's independence from God's who sought to enslave or eradicate them. Turning to the new figure clad in the black shredded cloak as he slyly side-eyed all the empty weapon racks. He could judge all he wanted, they were kept this way for a reason.

"Makes 'em harder to steal when you make 'em on request."

The quip was given with a knowing smirk.

"I take it you're here for a tool. What can I get you?"

As he gave the newcomer room to voice their desire, the smith set about cleaning what remained of the last batch of tool's, cleaning all the ash and soot from the forge and anvil, as well as himself, making sure to show Amaimon had his full attention all the while as to not be rude.

Reactions: Gobi Gobletsson

Gobi Gobletsson

Legendary
Kin
473💸
Kumi
7,961💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As expected thanks were given from his previous patrons, and yet before their echoes could quieten to nothingness, yet more hands came a knocking on the humble establishment of the Smith of God Slayers. How reassuring it was, to have so many so willing to defend humanity's independence from God's who sought to enslave or eradicate them. Turning to the new figure clad in the black shredded cloak as he slyly side-eyed all the empty weapon racks. He could judge all he wanted, they were kept this way for a reason.
"Makes 'em harder to steal when you make 'em on request."

The quip was given with a knowing smirk.
"I take it you're here for a tool. What can I get you?"

As he gave the newcomer room to voice their desire, the smith set about cleaning what remained of the last batch of tool's, cleaning all the ash and soot from the forge and anvil, as well as himself, making sure to show Amaimon had his full attention all the while as to not be rude.
The Katsuryoku smirked back a the man. He couldn't quite make out the features in his face - Perhaps from all the soot. Alas, he was trying to tidying himself up. Amaimon sat before the man, ontop of one of his benches.

"Your business model, must prove quite fruitful, considering you wouldn't know otherwise"

Despite the rude remark, Amaimon understood very well why, and the man had read him correct. Infact, if the smith would be uncooperative, the Katsuryoku would have to seek other methods, of making him collaborate.

"I once wore the Goddess of Earth - But never once, did I swing the whip as it should. I merely carried it as a belt. I believe my strength lies in my hands, not in the extension of a staff, sword nor bow."

He slipped the glove off his dormant hand. He inspected it, as he stretched it. The years had not been kind. He reminiscenced as he saw a slightly lighter spot on one of his fingers, and spoke.

"Once, I also wore a ring, the San ring, infact. But I'm not sure, if that would ring a bell for you, good sir smith." Amidamaru was busy cracking up, in regards to the pun.

"So I think the real question would be, to ask thee, the expert; Which tool would you suggest, I, a Taijutsu user would equip myself with, without being hindered - Knuckles? Oh, and of course, do you expect anything in return?" He almost forgot, and tried to be polite.

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The Katsuryoku smirked back a the man. He couldn't quite make out the features in his face - Perhaps from all the soot. Alas, he was trying to tidying himself up. Amaimon sat before the man, ontop of one of his benches.

"Your business model, must prove quite fruitful, considering you wouldn't know otherwise"

Despite the rude remark, Amaimon understood very well why, and the man had read him correct. Infact, if the smith would be uncooperative, the Katsuryoku would have to seek other methods, of making him collaborate.

"I once wore the Goddess of Earth - But never once, did I swing the whip as it should. I merely carried it as a belt. I believe my strength lies in my hands, not in the extension of a staff, sword nor bow."

He slipped the glove off his dormant hand. He inspected it, as he stretched it. The years had not been kind. He reminiscenced as he saw a slightly lighter spot on one of his fingers, and spoke.

"Once, I also wore a ring, the San ring, infact. But I'm not sure, if that would ring a bell for you, good sir smith." Amidamaru was busy cracking up, in regards to the pun.

"So I think the real question would be, to ask thee, the expert; Which tool would you suggest, I, a Taijutsu user would equip myself with, without being hindered - Knuckles? Oh, and of course, do you expect anything in return?" He almost forgot, and tried to be polite.
Someone who sought the smith's advice? That was refreshing. Most people came to the Armory with an idea of what they wanted. Well, Amaimon did, gauntlets, but he was looking for advice for specifics. The smith took the man's words at face value.

"Goddess of Earth, eh? And not afraid to get your hands dirty either? So you're the 'salt of the earth' type..."

The smith looked over the man's surprisingly agile, slim form. Though his clothes were tattered, there was still an air of nobility to his outfit as a whole. Not too heavy then eh? Easy to accommodate. Yes, he could do it.

"For someone running around calling themselves the King of the Earth, the latter lacks representation. I say we fix that with a pair of gauntlets forged from the lands we walk upon, hm?"

Gobi Gobletsson, complete three B-Rank missions in the Badlands of Earth or the Iron Peninsula to gather the raw materials that Marzan needs to forge your tool, then return.

Gobi Gobletsson

Legendary
Kin
473💸
Kumi
7,961💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Someone who sought the smith's advice? That was refreshing. Most people came to the Armory with an idea of what they wanted. Well, Amaimon did, gauntlets, but he was looking for advice for specifics. The smith took the man's words at face value.
"Goddess of Earth, eh? And not afraid to get your hands dirty either? So you're the 'salt of the earth' type..."

The smith looked over the man's surprisingly agile, slim form. Though his clothes were tattered, there was still an air of nobility to his outfit as a whole. Not too heavy then eh? Easy to accommodate. Yes, he could do it.
"For someone running around calling themselves the King of the Earth, the latter lacks representation. I say we fix that with a pair of gauntlets forged from the lands we walk upon, hm?"

Gobi Gobletsson, complete three B-Rank missions in the Badlands of Earth or the Iron Peninsula to gather the raw materials that Marzan needs to forge your tool, then return.
Gauntlets, forged the very soil that we walk? Not a bad idea, or so the Katsuryoku thought. Amidamaru on the contrary, started imagining Amaimon with two oversized gloves which would make him an outragous looking boxer.. He did not speak aloud however, snickered by himself, leaving the Katsuryoku only to wonder, what his Genki was up to now.

"I accept thy terms, good sir smith" Amaimon stood right there, and ontop of the table. Did a small bow, and nice gesture with his hand. Whether it would seem mockingly or not, Amaimon did not ponder upon. He did however admire the Blacksmith's stoic-like demeanor.

Amaimon was given an idea, of which and where these materials was, and so he was going to gather them straight away. Before he left, upon the table of which he stood, he left a portion of stale bread. It was stale alright, but he hadnt spotted any food around in the smithy. Perhaps this man was living on nothing but will, and did not need water nor food - Perhaps he would know upon his return.

Leaving LM.
Starting Travel itinerary:
Starting point: 212A
*212A, 05:50 PM - 212, 06:50 PM
*212, 06:50 PM - 211, 07:50 PM
*211, 07:50 PM - 210, 08:50 PM
*210, 08:50 PM - 209, 09:50 PM
Travel end: 209, 09:50 PM

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from #212, Port of Innovus.

Shirō descended the plain, simple stairs to enter Marzan's forge, the quaint humble furnishings identical to the last time he stood in this hallowed hall of blacksmithing. But things were far too quiet for Shirō's liking. The room was just a little too inactive, the forge too dim. Shirō couldn't help but feel something wasn't quite right. He looked over to the smith's anvil and saw Marzan seemingly passed out. Had he fallen asleep while forging something? He wasn't sure if he could be perceived, or interact with the smith in this state, but he instinctually reached out with a concerned hand.

"Marzan?"

• Wow
Reactions: Keotsu
Kin
1,231💸
Kumi
864💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Coming from #212, Port of Innovus.

Shirō descended the plain, simple stairs to enter Marzan's forge, the quaint humble furnishings identical to the last time he stood in this hallowed hall of blacksmithing. But things were far too quiet for Shirō's liking. The room was just a little too inactive, the forge too dim. Shirō couldn't help but feel something wasn't quite right. He looked over to the smith's anvil and saw Marzan seemingly passed out. Had he fallen asleep while forging something? He wasn't sure if he could be perceived, or interact with the smith in this state, but he instinctually reached out with a concerned hand.

"Marzan?"
Emiya would find a near-lifeless Marzan slumped near his anvil, body still aside from an extremely faint breathing pattern. With the Smith catatonic, Emiya would have only a single option in his spiritual form: to occupy Marzan as a vessel. The potential repercussions of such a course of action would be unclear, with only the most versed and capable spiritual masters able to perform such a feat safely. Yet Marzan's body was not completely devoid of a spirit either, making it even more complicated, risky, and precarious. Yet there would be no way to bring another to the Forge in its current state, sealed and locked away beneath the dangerous Aeonian Swamp.

Should he choose to go through with it, Emiya would occupy Marzan's body and wield it like a puppet. As master of the vessel, he would still sense Marzan's comatose spirit deep within. Yet no amount of effort would wake the spirit, should Emiya attempt it. He would find it locked within a metaphysical storm. A maelstrom that wreaked havoc on Marzan's soul so wholly that the soul itself would be almost unrecognizable. Its cause would be completely unknown; a malaise that the most sophisticated and talented medical professionals would be helpless to cure.

The choice was his: to leave and seek help or to occupy Marzan's body in an attempt to unseal the Forge.

Reactions: Skorm

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Shirō watched as his spiritual hand passed through the ancient smith's body with no response, not that he was truly expecting one given his disassociated form. Shallow breathing and only the faintest traces of a spirit within Marzan's body is all he could sense. Nothing else. It was clear something was wrong. Whether it was the isolation, some accident with the forge, or an incident he couldn't account for Emiya knew the smith was in dire trouble, and without help would probably die. But the situation was neither cut nor dry. Emiya could enter and leave as he required, but he was the exception to the Armory's seal and everyone else would have to abide by the absolute rule that they cannot enter. Nefarian already told Emiya that trying to force one's way in would just result in the smith's death no matter what, as the Armory would implode. The apparent secrets of the Armory were too precious to allow to fall into the wrong hands. And Emiya couldn't just go and bring someone back. Again, they couldn't enter, and communicating in this form was still up in the air for him. He was trapped in an impossible situation with an infinitely infuriating lack of autonomy and array of decisions. Then he thought about the one who got him in this situation in the first place.

"Nefarian."

Emiya was abundantly aware of the man's powers by now. Not just in the physical sense, robbing him of oxygen with just a gesture, but also in the abstract. He created a disease that put a temporary end to death. Shirō wasn't even sure if Iskandrous, or even Solomon could help here, as what he was sensing could even hardly be classified as a soul, it was so weak and tattered. It was a long shot, but in the wake of Shirō's first encounter with Demetrias he was given a number of missions from the Spider, and one of them just happened to involve investigating rumored sightings of the former Voidlord in the Strand of the Ancients. But it was an even longer journey to the two aforementioned healers who he wasn't even sure could do anything about Marzan's condition. Even though he didn't find him, between these sightings and the man's apparent vested interests in operating out of Tobusekai lately, there was as good a place as any to search for him. That simply left the barrier, still keeping the Armory protected... Even if he did go and beg the former Voidlord for help, the barrier would still prevent entry. That was an absolute hindrance in every scenario he could think of to get the smith help. But... Perhaps it didn't have to be?

"But... what if..."

Emiya attempted to place his right hand on Marzan's right shoulder and like before it passed through. He flexed his fingers in a deliberate and controlled fashion and watched stunned as Marzan's body reacted accordingly. The smiths fingers faintly but defiantly flexed in the face of oblivion. Thoughts of impossible nuance, difficulty and complexity crossed Shirō's mind. Was it right to do this? Could he do this? Was it wise to do this? All of these complex moral quandaries weighed on a scale, and against it, his desire to save the smith's life. He took a question that shouldn't have an answer and applied his universal response of refusal of inaction. If he did nothing Marzan would die. That was an absolute, immutable fact. He would not allow that to happen, not if there was something he could do to change it. Even if he wasn't the most powerful or skilled or knowledgeable, even if there were risks to himself he wasn't aware of, he would do it. He wanted to save this one person more than anything, and put every fiber of his being into that act.

Plunging into Marzan's body, Emiya was perpetually aware of the smith's lingering soul as his own fleshed out the rest of the all but empty husk. Arms strained with the thrum of life as Emiya tightened the grip of his now atrophied hands. He began to stand up, his knees shook the foundations of the Armory as two sounds not unlike gunshots echoed throughout the silent forge, unused for a long enough time to cause such a violent reaction. His vision blurred and hazy slowly coming into focus as he stared down at the anvil that had acted as his pillow for an age. Steadier, heavier breaths filled his breast as Emiya now looked around the Armory with a completely new perspective; That of it's master. Hand on his heart Emiya could feel the faint presence of what remained of Marzan's soul, trapped in a haze of uncertainty. Even as he puppeteered the smith's body in a macabre display, Emiya's first and only thoughts were to ensure that it was not stressed or strained in any way. Each act and action taken with caution and intent on it's preservation and protection as Emiya all but piloted the smith towards the Armory's entrance. Though he didn't have the smith's memories or anything to that effect, as he approached the entrance Emiya willed the Armory to open once more.

Kin
1,231💸
Kumi
864💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To will the Armory to open was exactly what was needed; just like that, a series of locks and seals began to release themselves through Marzan's command, though one issued by Emiya. Numerous gears spun from within the walls while mystical seals flashed invisibly as they were rendered silent. The way was open, the path free now. And as the Forge was exposed to the world once again, Emiya would feel a tug on his spirit within Marzan's body, urging him toward the Ruined Temple in the far east.

Reactions: Keotsu

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
With a thought sounds filled the Armory, gears and unknown means of sealing the Forge from outsiders whirred to life, opening it back up for the first time in two years. Emiya didn't know nor truly care how it worked. All that mattered was that it did. With this, he could at least attempt to save the Smith. Grabbing the nearest instruments, a rounding hammer and a crude, unfinished blade, Emiya armed himself as the rotten stench of Innovus began to seep into the Armory.

"Guess it's now or never. Just hold on."

As if in response to his desire, Emiya felt his soul tug in the direction of... The Strand? Maybe? It was definitely pulling him further east, so that was all the guidance he needed or expected from what he presumed was Marzan. Barely armed and in a state of perpetual concern about this entire idea, Emiya set out. As he crossed the threshold out into the port, he wasn't sure if it worked the same in reverse, but Emiya willed the Armory to close once more. Marzan isolated it for a reason, most likely the Rot, so Emiya wouldn't intentionally leave it open to be defiled in the smith's absence.

Leaving Landmark. Heading to #212, Port of Innovus.