Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I guess you are not reading what i am writing or you are on your on way.

I clearly mentioned mini games will be intermission between large games.

Please tell me when was the last time you hosted a turbo or has it been success ?

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,032💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I guess you are not reading what i am writing or you are on your on way.

I clearly mentioned mini games will be intermission between large games.

Please tell me when was the last time you hosted a turbo or has it been success ?
What I am saying is that these mini-games will require a spot on the calendar since they are long term games and fall under the Normal category.

I have hosted four successful Turbo Games. You need to plan the Turbos if you want them to be successful.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
What I am saying is that these mini-games will require a spot on the calendar since they are long term games and fall under the Normal category.

I have hosted four successful Turbo Games. You need to plan the Turbos if you want them to be successful.
You hosted them like ages ago. I havent seen latest ones from you.

I have tried all solution nobody likes to play turbo from the survey of players i got from here not here. Its all same situation.

Well i had idea about this you wont listen there is no point talking.

Last edited:

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
TOS requires at least 15 players so can you get that many for a turbo??
It cant be turbo . I put this proposal an alternative of turbo game.

Turbos are def not working out. Also i find turbo games a whack . Beside Tos will act as intermediate between two large games.

I am fine if tos has its own calender .

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,032💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You hosted them like ages ago. I havent seen latest ones from you.

I have tried all solution nobody likes to play turbo from the survey of players i got from here not here but in oj, mu , mafia uni. Its all same situation.

Well i had idea about this you wont listen there is no point talking.
It has only been one month since I hosted the fourth Turbo Game. One Month is not equivalent to ages ago.

I think there are players out there who like playing turbo games. The problem is that it is hard to get players for the game. Again, I have not asked the people from these communities about Turbo Games so I will withhold my opinion on it for now. Also, keep in mind that mentioning other communities here will get you in trouble because of the forum rules. I don't approve of the isolationist stance of this forum, but it is what it is.

I am listening. I considered your opinion. My conclusion is that what you are suggesting will not work, will be a big fail and is unfair for the hosts in the queue. Hence why I am proposing alternatives which can succeed. I want TOS and Assassin Games to work. Hence why I am suggesting that you integrate those games in the two spots you have in the queue.

Zemmi

Kin
96💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I enjoy turbo games, they are usually better on a discord format but I like them just as well on forums. The thing is just ToS can't be a turbo game, other games are nicely ran as turbo with more simple mechanics, unlike everyone ToS which is mechanic heavy most turbo games aren't that heavy when it comes to mechanics.

Reactions: AL_sama

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It has only been one month since I hosted the fourth Turbo Game. One Month is not equivalent to ages ago.

I think there are players out there who like playing turbo games. The problem is that it is hard to get players for the game. Again, I have not asked the people from these communities about Turbo Games so I will withhold my opinion on it for now. Also, keep in mind that mentioning other communities here will get you in trouble because of the forum rules. I don't approve of the isolationist stance of this forum, but it is what it is.

I am listening. I considered your opinion. My conclusion is that what you are suggesting will not work, will be a big fail and is unfair for the hosts in the queue. Hence why I am proposing alternatives which can succeed. I want TOS and Assassin Games to work. Hence why I am suggesting you integrate those games in the two spots you have in the queue.
You are already predicting my proposal as failure when turbo games are hardly working out .

lets put it turbo are flop. Except michelle , ansa , poison none are willing to play.

You banned bastard games
You banned "scum" as a word which is laughable considering why being called scum offensive in first place.

You are putting too much restrictions around here.
Post automatically merged:

I enjoy turbo games, they are usually better on a discord format but I like them just as well on forums. The thing is just ToS can't be a turbo game, other games are nicely ran as turbo with more simple mechanics, unlike everyone ToS which is mechanic heavy most turbo games aren't that heavy when it comes to mechanics.
If players wants to host normal tos game they will go through the calender.

I got the idea of mini games acting as buffer between large game not to big or small.

Why cant we have vote on it what players think. If they are ok with tos games running in between large games it will have seperate calender.

If they are not ok things will go how it was before.

Rohans last turbo game : Feb 2 2019

Its nearing two months now since march is ending. Even you know deep down turbos are not working out you stopped hosting it completely.

Funny thing is you never played or hosted a game since october. Maybe you should start taking more responsibility if you were intending to keep mafia activity high.

Last edited:

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,032💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You are already predicting my proposal as failure when turbo games are hardly working out .

lets put it turbo are flop. Except michelle , ansa , poison none are willing to play.

You banned bastard games
You banned "scum" as a word which is laughable considering why being called scum offensive in first place.

You are putting too much restrictions around here.
The Turbo Game, in my opinion, is not a good alternative because of a lack of players.

However, if you make your mini-game a 24 hours normal game it has a very high chance of being active. A good example of this is Al sama's Valentine game of 14 players. Hence the best option is to take the normal games route and it will be a massive success. But you will have to wait for your turn unless the other hosts agree to give you an early chance to host. If you agree with this, I can ask the other hosts to delay their games for your game.

For example, take your number 3 spot game. Make it a TOS 24 hours game and have 14 players. Run it and make it a massive success. Al sama's game while being a sample size of one is still some proof that such games can work very well.

What you are suggesting will break the consistency of the mafia games here and will make it chaotic. My main point here is this:-

There are only two paths available for hosting, either you go for Turbo or you go for Normal. There are no in betweens.

I will now address the other concerns.

I think you are not paying attention to the update posts I make all the time. Bastard Games were rebranded as "Unpredictable Game Mechanics". This was done to remove the stigma associated with the host who uses these elements. What this means is that a host can use some bastard elements but his game will not be called bad because of it. There is an approval process and some elements are unapprovable to prevent abuse. In the old system, the Bastard game automatically meant a terrible game. With the rebranding, this is no longer the case. Now I did ban bastard games initially but after feedback from multiple people, the bastard games were unbanned and rebranded. I listened to the opinions of those people. Thus, you cannot say I did not listen.

I don't remember banning Scum. I just stated that the word should not be used and will be phased out from the mafia guides. That word can cause misunderstandings and in turn can cause bans in a pressure intensive game, hence I advised that people should not use it. Also, Scum itself is an outdated term for anti-town factions, the modern mafia forums always use wolf and rarely use scum. If someone wants to use scum they are free to do so, no one is stopping them.

There will not be a TOS calendar as it will end up being restrictive for hosts. There will be one global calendar and it gives the host the freedom to host any type of mafia game he wants without restrictions (Werewolf, Tos, assasin, anything). If the section becomes active, the calendar will accommodate multiple games running simultaneously. Maybe there can be multiple calendars to better manage the flow of multiple games but it is a thought of the future. What you are suggesting will ironically make the section "restrictive".

The mafia games forum here is not extremely restrictive, it would rank on the slight restriction scale. This is to make the games more enjoyable while preventing chaos.

P.S: I would like to clarify that I am not been aggressive here, I am been logical. I have accepted suggestions which will improve the section. But suggestions which have negative effects will not be accepted. You may not like this but this is how the world works bruh.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
what negative effect is it if mini games are in no way harming normal games at all.

Why cant you just ask players if they are ok with mini setups running in between large games.

Zemmi

Kin
96💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I am fine waiting but it will need to be a 15 player game. It will be the standard mini I use, that is more fair on forum version. I personally don't have an issue in waiting to host the game with him as long as it doesn't happen at the same time as my special does on my home forum because then I wouldn't have the time to host it.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well if you are still on high way we have reached parting of ways.

Sorry i cant host or play since you are too authortorian in your rulings around here. Frankly even oj mafia mods are more leninants .

They even allow mini games in between large tos games.

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,032💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
what negative effect is it if mini games are in no way harming normal games at all.

Why cant you just ask players if they are ok with mini setups running in between large games.
Your mini-game is essentially a normal game with shorter phases. Hence it will follow the normal calendar queue.

Bold: You are putting in a meaningless restriction. If hosts want they can host 5 mini games in a row. If hosts want they can host 5 large games in a row. I don't want hosts to reduce or enlarge their game setups to accommodate the restriction you have proposed. I hope this makes sense.

I am fine waiting but it will need to be a 15 player game. It will be the standard mini I use, that is more fair on forum version. I personally don't have an issue in waiting to host the game with him as long as it doesn't happen at the same time as my special does on my home forum because then I wouldn't have the time to host it.
15 is a good number and will work very well. If Shanks wants he can give his game number 3 spot to you. This means you can host after Drago's game. Drago's game will be 3 weeks long. That is enough time for you to make a balanced TOS Setup.

Another alternative is that you can host the TOS game right away if you have a balanced setup ready. You just need to get it reviewed by a Game Manager, either me or madie. The only problem with this approach is that it needs Dragomir's approval as his game will happen next and he will drop by a spot to make Shanks game come to the top.

Zemmi

Kin
96💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your mini-game is essentially a normal game with shorter phases. Hence it will follow the normal calendar queue.

Bold: You are putting in a meaningless restriction. If hosts want they can host 5 mini games in a row. If hosts want they can host 5 large games in a row. I don't want hosts to reduce or enlarge their game setups to accommodate the restriction you have proposed. I hope this makes sense.

15 is a good number and will work very well. If Shanks wants he can give his game number 3 spot to you. This means you can host after Drago's game. Drago's game will be 3 weeks long. That is enough time for you to make a balanced TOS Setup.

Another alternative is that you can host the TOS game right away if you have a balanced setup ready. You just need to get it reviewed by a Game Manager, either me or madie. The only problem with this approach is that it needs Dragomir's approval as his game will happen next and he will drop by a spot to make Shanks game come to the top.
I don't want to inconvenience anyone, I was just asked to come help. I have a mini set up already, that we use that is balanced and is a very good introduction to ToS for those who are unfamiliar with it. I will leave it to Dr. Strange what he would like to do about us hosting that game.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The mini games game with 12 player setup with 12-24 hrs game ends in 1-2 weeks at max.

While games like those of large setups will have 2-3 weeks running.

I am giving soln to the lack of players interest in turbo.

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,032💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well if you are still on high way we have reached parting of ways.

Sorry i cant host or play since you are too authortorian in your rulings around here. Frankly even oj mafia mods are more leninants .

They even allow mini games in between large tos games.
I am maintaining the integrity of the queue. If you want to host a mafia game which takes place over multiple hours then it is basically a normal game/long term mafia game. Such games must be at the top of the queue before they can be hosted. You cannot host a normal game out of the blue and bypass the queue. That is unfair to the hosts who have been waiting for their hosting turn to come. Patience is a virtue here.

AB Mafia does not have a large playerbase to maintain two games running simultaneously. That is the issue here. Otherwise, it is possible to run two games simultaneously to make the queue run faster and achieve something similar to what you have mentioned in the other forum mafia.

I don't want to inconvenience anyone, I was just asked to come help. I have a mini set up already, that we use that is balanced and is a very good introduction to ToS for those who are unfamiliar with it. I will leave it to Dr. Strange what he would like to do about us hosting that game.
Will there be a trial system in the game?

@Dr.Strange: Do you want to give your number 3 spot to Zemmi?
@Dragomir, Are you okay with Zemmi hosting her game before you?

Zemmi

Kin
96💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I am maintaining the integrity of the queue. If you want to host a mafia game which takes place over multiple hours then it is basically a normal game/long term mafia game. Such games must be at the top of the queue before they can be hosted. You cannot host a normal game out of the blue and bypass the queue. That is unfair to the hosts who have been waiting for their hosting turn to come. Patience is a virtue here.

AB Mafia does not have a large playerbase to maintain two games running simultaneously. That is the issue here. Otherwise, it is possible to run two games simultaneously to make the queue run faster and achieve something similar to what you have mentioned in the other forum mafia.

Will there be a trial system in the game?

@Dr.Strange: Do you want to give your number 3 spot to Zemmi?
@Dragomir, Are you okay with Zemmi hosting her game before you?
What do you mean a trial?