[Discussion] AnimeBase Mafia : Winds of Winter

Zemmi

Kin
96💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Keep in mind that Town of Salem is broken and will need a lot of rebalancing.
Post automatically merged:

@AL_sama is already working on trying to rebalance Town Of Salem. If you want you can work with him on the project.
I have a lot of changes to already adjust tos for a forum version. As I was explaining to Dr. Strange today it's not really the roles that are the issue in balancing a game. It's the actual set up, if the set up doesn't account for how the roles interact & counter each other the game goes unbalanced, which is where the problem usually is when people talk about the forum version being unbalanced. It's very possible to make it balanced with a few simple changes and making sure you put a lot of consideration into how the roles interact and making sure to leave claiming room for anti towns, which many hosts overlook.

Reactions: Rohan and AL_sama

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I will be introducing Assasin games as well. I had chat with a discord member who has hosted AG games. Will add those rules.

I ll put this in upcoming since i ll work on tos to grow here.

Reactions: AL_sama

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,032💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have a lot of changes to already adjust tos for a forum version. As I was explaining to Dr. Strange today it's not really the roles that are the issue in balancing a game. It's the actual set up, if the set up doesn't account for how the roles interact & counter each other the game goes unbalanced, which is where the problem usually is when people talk about the forum version being unbalanced. It's very possible to make it balanced with a few simple changes and making sure you put a lot of consideration into how the roles interact and making sure to leave claiming room for anti towns, which many hosts overlook.
Good to see you here. :kappa:

Reactions: AL_sama

Zemmi

Kin
96💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
ToS is def good addition . It wouldnt be unbalanced anytime if zemmi is around.
I can make a good balance to ToS and I can teach those who want to host how to balance a game, which I'm afraid I think I have failed some people on b/c I don't like to seem like I'm pushy or bossy by suggesting this or that wouldn't be a great idea.

Reactions: AL_sama and Shanks

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Btw i vounch for mini games .

Normal ToS games will be added into calender. This is mini games we are talking the game wouldnt have long phases .

This can be like intermission between large games . I do feel turbos are not working out because of the short online activity also it can only be done in weekends personally i felt turbo was more time consuming than normal setup .

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,032💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I doubt its 24 hr game. It will be 12 hr D/N game. Its mini games.
This will be not allowed for the below reasons:-

• A 12-hour game will not work because players will be unable to play properly as it does not take all timezones into account. A 24 hour game takes the entire day/all timezones into account so players can participate in the phases.
  • This also seems like an attempt to find a middle way out between Turbo and Normal (24 hours). A 12-hour game will basically also be a long term game and will clash with the 24-hour games. In short, it is unfair for the hosts in the Normal Games queue who have been waiting for months to host a normal game.
  • A 12-hour game if running means two games are happening in the mafia section at the same time. Unfortunately, the player base here is not large enough to support two games running simultaneously.
Hence why I suggested doing Turbo games instead to test the balance instead of a normal game.

However, there is a way to make this work. You have two normal games on the calendar, Game 3 and Game 7. You can put a TOS in the game 3 slot and an assassin game in the game 7 slot. However, there is still a waiting period.

I can understand the enthusiasm put forward but it is important to be logical and plan ahead on how the games will be hosted.