[Discussion] Ace is easily the most underrated person in op.

Corgi

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
ace is underated.....you should remember that when he made his debut, he was not just a super rookie(supernova), he was a super, super rookie (super supanova) the WG even offered him a seat in the shkibukai despite knowing he was the son of the PK. That should tell you alot!

saying that ace had no haki is wrong....in part 1, oda hadnt fully visualised the concept of haki.....and if you choose to stick to a 1 dimensional argument that he had no haki...it means you are simply saying he survived in theNW with no haki, how many characters have done that? it simply means he is OP
Actually, the government didn't know he was Roger's son at the time they offered him that position. Right before we saw Whitebeard finding out Ace turned down the Shichibukai position, we saw Sengoku saying "Where did this kid come from.." because of how much trouble he was making. They offered him the position to quell the trouble he was making.

Also, Caesar survived in the New World for many many years with no Haki, we've seen tons of Dressrosa fodder who aren't fighters, they're living in the New World without Haki. Ace didn't need Haki because he had Whitebeard and his crew in his corner.
Ace has the highest confirmed bounty in the manga... Do you really think that he couldn't use haki?
Because he was the son of Roger. And Ace had ample opportunities to use it and never did. All these excuses for Ace are becoming laughable.

silmarill

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm not really sure but is this not possible proof that Ace indeed had Armament Haki? If he didn't his fist should be gone in my opinion
You must be registered for see images

Corgi

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm not really sure but is this not possible proof that Ace indeed had Armament Haki? If he didn't his fist should be gone in my opinion
Well right after that we saw Ace getting his arm consumed by magma and he was blown back.

Edit: The manga depicts it differently. In the manga, Ace and Akainu never made close contact until Ace died or pushed against each other, they launched their powers at each other.

Last edited:

silmarill

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well right after that we saw Ace getting his arm consumed by magma and he was blown back.
yea.. blown back with his fist still intact. this should not have been possible without haki as far as I see it
that same fist punched off half of WB his face directly on contact
unless his meramera gave him some protection but that should not be the case , it should have just dispersed but it didn't, so haki is only thing that sounds reasonable to me

Corgi

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
yea.. blown back with his fist still intact. this should not have been possible without haki as far as I see it
that same fist punched off half of WB his face directly on contact
unless his meramera gave him some protection but that should not be the case , it should have just dispersed but it didn't, so haki is only thing that sounds reasonable to me
Look at the edit. Ace's fist never made direct contact with Akainu's. They launched fire and magma at each other, and the magma pushed past the fire and burned Ace's arms.

YellowFang

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I, myself a fan of Ace doesn't see him having CoA because in many crucial moments where he must have used Haki, didn't used and suffered... Now, Ace isn't stupid enough to get defeated reserving one of his best assets...

I always wished that he had it but it doesn't seems so...

And as far as Current Luffy is concerned... I think Ace's long range attacks are good enough to hold back Luffy with Haki...

ultraChalk

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
luffy confirmed zoro and sanji can use haki and hawkeye has never been showed fighting a logia but ace fought smoke and never landed a single hit.still even without haki he is really powerfull.
Excuse me for randomly dropping in on this debate, but what were you trying to say in this post?

Corgi

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Excuse me for randomly dropping in on this debate, but what were you trying to say in this post?
He's trying to say:

1. Luffy confirmed Zoro and Sanji have Busoshoku
2. Mihawk hasn't shown Haki, but that's because he's never been shown fighting a Logia yet, so it doesn't mean he doesn't have it
3. This is where number 2 becomes relevant, even though Ace also hasn't been shown using Haki, it's not the same as Mihawk, where we can still assume Mihawk has Haki, because Ace has fought Logias, and still didn't use it.