[Discussion] Ace is easily the most underrated person in op.

Zavage10

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The guy had the conquer's haki as a child, yet some still claim that he didn't have the basic haki's mastered. I've seen people cliam that current luffy would neg which is a joke imo. Sabo who is clearly stronger than luffy cannot even compete with a serious issho, yet laugh and say that ace is weak because a weakened ace gets killed by the strongest admiral.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Agreed but Fujitora is not even serious lol. IMO Ace, Crocodile, Sanji, Sengoku & Garp/Hancock are the most underrated characters in the verse.

Corgi

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't see why Ace, someone who isn't stupid, would not use Armament Haki on Teach before he found out Teach couldn't phase. I don't see why he'd not not use it on Smoker. Ace has shown no qualms about harming people, he destroyed an entire fleet without batting an eye. He wanted to kill Teach, and he doesn't care for the WG, so why would he not use it? Why wouldn't he use Conqueror's Haki on his executioners if he could control it?

In my opinion, Ace didn't need Haki. We've seen the WB pirates fight as a team, backing up each other. Ace simply fought non-Logias and left the ones with Haki to fend of the Logias.

Zavage10

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't see why Ace, someone who isn't stupid, would not use Armament Haki on Teach before he found out Teach couldn't phase. I don't see why he'd not not use it on Smoker. Ace has shown no qualms about harming people, he destroyed an entire fleet without batting an eye. He wanted to kill Teach, and he doesn't care for the WG, so why would he not use it? Why wouldn't he use Conqueror's Haki on his executioners if he could control it?

In my opinion, Ace didn't need Haki. We've seen the WB pirates fight as a team, backing up each other. Ace simply fought non-Logias and left the ones with Haki to fend of the Logias.
By that logic doflamingo didn't get haki untill the time skip... oda just visualized haki differently back then.

Corgi

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
By that logic doflamingo didn't get haki untill the time skip... oda just visualized haki differently back then.
No. It doesn't. The only time we've seen Doffy in a scenario where he would necessarily have to use Haki pre-timeskip is against Crocodile. He wanted Crocodile to join him, so what sense would it have made for him to use it?

The difference is, in cases where Ace could have used Haki, there is only one reason that he didn't and it makes sense: He can't. And please don't give that bullshit that Haki is always black after timeskip, because it's not, there's Busoshoku and Busoshoku: Koka. We saw Luffy use Busoshoku while invisible while grabbing Caesar and while punching the Pacifista. Added with the fact that Oda bothered to give the hardening a particular name, it shows the hardening is just a variant.

Oda has shown us:
Sentomaru
Kuja Pirates
Luffy
Shanks
Garp
Whitebeard
Hancock
Marco
Jozu
Boa Sisters
Enel
Aisa
Coby

All using Haki pre-skip, why would he have a problem with Ace using it, even if there was a difference in visualization?

VongolaX

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ace is seriously overrated...

At least Crocodile can fight on par with Haki users

Boa Hancock can use Haki or Sabo has both better Haki and Ace fruit at the same time.

Ace got one shot by Akainu without even a fighting effort.

Ace doesn't have armors Haki at all

blood hound

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I honestly don't see how Ace is underrated...... He is very strong and powerful and has proven it (to a certain extent) and has a shit load of hype for (being the 2 in command for the WB pirates). However he is a stupid sh*t who decided to have a "you hit me I hit you" match with black beard which lead to his defeat.

Plus there are way more underrated character with In one piece such as
1) Enel
2) Croc
3) Kuma

kageking

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
By who?? Ace is/was top tier. Not TOP of the top tiers, but definitely in that power bracket. ( admirals, shichibukai, yonkou ). Blackbeard and Shanks and the WG both saw him as the next pirate king, i think that says it all. If he'd lived and progressed like others have during ts he'd be waaaaay above current luffy.

SSS12

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's a shame we never actually saw how strong Ace was. BB was too strong an opponent (I think he is morbidly underrated too) and a bad match-up for Ace. And because Oda hadn't developed the concept of haki too well in Part 1 (no blackening effect or any other way to tell whether haki is being used), we can merely speculate whether characters like Crocodile, Moria, admirals, Ace, Ivan-chan, Vice admirals used haki or not. Most of these are veterans and it would make complete sense to say they could. But I'd say most people on this base would disagree.

I'd say Ace, seeing his standing, did have BH. Probably not too good at it, but he did have it.

xanonymosx

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
he has the coc but i dont think he knew he has it
about the other type of haki i think he knew about them (he was in new world after all) but he didnt bother to learn them because he was overconfident in his df power

ace potentials are really high but judging by what he showed he is not underrated at all

U mAd

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
ace used conqures like luffy used it at marinefold.don't think he mastered any type of haki.for me luffy,zoro,sanji,enel,croc are all stronger.

Forbidden Tale

Veteran
Kin
27💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes, I agree.

1. Guy is member of WBP, actually one of the commanders, Pirate from the New World, for him to not have haki would be stupid.
2. If I remember correctly it was stated that logias without haki die very easy in New World, so how did Ace survived 2 years.
3. He was trained to be next PK, next Pk even after being on WBP ship for 2 years, still didn't have haki?
4. He off set attack from Aokiji, which is from what we know second strongest admiral.
5. During Marineford he was battle worn.
6. True, he was defeated by Akainu, but as I said he was battle worn, Akainu is strongest Admiral, and possible above Admiral level as well, not to mention that Akainu was in advantage because of Magu Magu.
7. ACe has King's haki since he was 10.

Gintõki1

Elite
Kin
16💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ace is seriously overrated...

At least Crocodile can fight on par with Haki users

Boa Hancock can use Haki or Sabo has both better Haki and Ace fruit at the same time.

Ace got one shot by Akainu without even a fighting effort.

Ace doesn't have armors Haki at all

Good that you forget that Ace got one shot because he protected Luffy.