Immortal
Kin
204💸
Kumi
2,319💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*subscribed*

How do you guys achieve the glow effect? I mean the shiny dot effect? It's done using brushes right? Precisely, which brushes tho?

You must be registered for see images

Trollo Lucilfer

Legendary
Kin
33💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*subscribed*

How do you guys achieve the glow effect? I mean the shiny dot effect? It's done using brushes right? Precisely, which brushes tho?

You don't know how to make that? lol it's quite easy, you can use fractals, stars, there are some star brushes that you can use but I don't recommend that, you can also use bubble C4Ds, or copy theme from a good stock that you found etc..

Naruto.

Immortal
Kin
204💸
Kumi
2,319💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You don't know how to make that? lol it's quite easy, you can use fractals, stars, there are some star brushes that you can use but I don't recommend that, you can also use bubble C4Ds, or copy theme from a good stock that you found etc..
Thanks. No lol, I've just recently started GFX'ing. :p
I've tried using a basic round brush of around 3-6 px for it, but it turned out weird. XD

Trollo Lucilfer

Legendary
Kin
33💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thanks. No lol, I've just recently started GFX'ing. :p
I've tried using a basic round brush of around 3-6 px for it, but it turned out weird. XD
I see, what you have tried with the soft brush might work if you used the right color on top of the right BG, and choose the right blending mode, and used the right opacity XD.

Naruto.

Immortal
Kin
204💸
Kumi
2,319💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see, what you have tried with the soft brush might work if you used the right color on top of the right BG, and choose the right blending mode, and used the right opacity XD.
That's the thing. I can't just get the color right. xD
Mm, opacity, eh? Never messed with it much. I'll try it out. :3
And what blending mode is usually used to blend the dots? Outer Glow?

Sikk

Regular
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sikk, how would one render lights like in this? V
low opacity eraser?.-.
The light was part of the image so I basically duplicated the original image and put a layer mask. I hid everything with a black brush then got a soft white brush to unhide the light area. After that I just created a new layer clipped mask and then colored it with a purple hue to match the light color. I can lend you the PSD for it if you're having trouble understanding.

Trollo Lucilfer

Legendary
Kin
33💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
GFX Challenge
Contest name: C4D signature.
Contest details: You can choose the render we're supposed to work with, or you could choose the type of the render (Anime render, certain anime render, LOL render, Gaming render...), or you can leave it to the ref.
I challenge: My man Hei.
Deadline: Submissions shall be sent to the ref before Sunday, the poll should be closed after one week.
Size: 450x240, nothing more nothing less.

Can someone be our ref? We'll send him/her our entries and he/she'll post them in a thread with a poll.
One more thing, the owner of each submission shall be anonymous.

Pavoneo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I can ref. Just PM me your finished products you two. (assuming Hei accepts)

If neither of you can pick a render for some reason, just mention it here I guess and I could post one.

Last edited:

Pavoneo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
@-J AV- Just search for C4D packs on DeviantART or something, there's plenty of quality C4Ds you can download^^.

@Hei & Trollo, Will either of you guys pick out a render or should I do it for you?

@Khallil in a programming class right now x).

CnC please

Status
Not open for further replies.