Kin
53💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

GFX Fan Club

What is this club? ✍
This Fan Club is meant for those who like GFXing. Do you like make signatures, avatars, line-arts, wallpapers, (text)logos, illustratons, prints, or you simply like to edit pictures, but you don't really know where to discuss stuff about that, or where you want to share your 'GFX-knowledge'? Well this would be the perfect place for you. This thread will be similar to a tavern for the GFXers on the base. You can discuss here anything about GFXing, ask any questions about GFXing, suggest something here, discuss something about the rules, have GFX battles, post a nice tutorial you found on the web etc.

Why has this club been made? ✍
Some people suggested a GFX chatroom thread, they wanted a thread similar to a tavern where they could just talk about GFXing. There are a lot of GFXers on the base, and it didn't seem like a bad idea, but the mods suggested to create a group instead. We created a group and Lawliet suggested to create a GFX Fan Club. So I made this thread, and we GFXers can come together and discuss anything we want to discuss about regarding GFXing.

Rules✍
We expect you to abide by the Global Rules. Whenever someone breaks any rule mentioned in this thread, please send a report to notify the moderators who will address the problem. If you want to, you could post a picture here to use this thread as a mini design hall (e.g. you created just 1 avatar and want to show it), but art ripping shall not be tolerated. Also, don't bash members here and don't bash their GFX works. CnC is always allowed, but saying something like "Dude, that picture is ugly af. Just go away" shall not be tolerated. The last rule is not to spam contests. Don't create thousands of contests within a day, and do not vote on your own work! Not following the rules may lead to losing points.

GFX Battles✍
The GFX Fan Club also offers something like GFX battles, where members will be challenged to each other. In this thread there will be a member announcing a challenge. This member will be called the host of the challenge. He/She chooses the theme and what kind of picture it should be. It could be an avatar, a signature or simply a photo manipulation contest. The host needs to fill a template like this to announce the contest/challenge.

[B][CENTER][SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"]GFX Contest[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][/B]
[B]Contest name:[/B] (i.e. Hashirama Signature )
[B]Contest details:[/B] ( Here you say what kind of contest it is. What kind of theme etc.)
[B]Number of participants:[/B] (i.e. 2)
[B]Deadline:[/B] (i.e. 3 days)
[B]Size:[/B] (optional, could be a specific size, or something like "between 200x400 and 400x800)

You can be very creative with your contest details. It could be something like coloring a specific line-art, manipulating a specific picture, creating a line art, creating a text logo. Be creative ;)

Those who wish to participate reply to the the announcement and post ~I wish to take part~
Let's say there will be only 2 participants, the first 2 members that replied with ~I wish to take part~ shall take part in the contest.

One could also challenge others to a GFX battle. In this case you'll have to use this template:

[B][CENTER][SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"]GFX Challenge[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][/B]
[B]Contest name:[/B] (i.e. Hashirama Signature )
[B]Contest details:[/B] ( Here you say what kind of contest it is. What kind of theme etc.)
[B]I challenge:[/B] (you could put a specific username, or just say anyone.
No need to challenge 1 person, you could challenge multiple members )
[B]Deadline:[/B] (i.e. 1 week)
[B]Size:[/B] (optional, could be a specific size, or something like "between 200x400 and 400x800)

The participants have to PM the host their finished piece and the host of the contest shall create a thread in the Design Hall with the following title:
GFX Battle: [Contest Name] Member X vs Member Y vs Member Z
If we're talking about a challange, the participants have to find a reference and pm him/her their finished piece and the reference shall create the thread. Remember that the if a specific person gets challenged, he has the right to decline the challenge.

The post of the thread would be in a format like this:

Contest details

Member X: Image
Member Y: image
Member Z: Image

The host will make a poll and have it closed after a certain amount of time. The member with the most votes wins. The participants will receive points. Let's say there are 4 participants. The best one gets 4 points, 2nd one 3 points, 3rd one 2 points, and the last one will get one point. When the contest ends, and the host announces the winner, he/she also has to mention how many points each member received. After that they need to post in the thread the member name and the amount of points he/she received. In the GFX group there's a hall of fame, with a list of people and their amount of points, ranked from the one with the highest amount of points to the one with the lowest amount of points. The winner may also receive + reputation.

How to become a member✍

We have our own group, and to become a member of the GFX Fan Club, you simply join the GFX Fan Club Group :p
Group:
We are very open to new members, it is a public group. So whoever wants to join, is able to join. We could help each other out here. So this Fan Club will be like a GFXers Family.
Current members:

Last edited:

Pavoneo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yo Pavo, other than using a hard brush, how do you sharpen the smudge in a smudgie sig?
Well, you could always just filter > sharpen > sharpen, then erase around the focal so it's not oversharpened.

Or are you talking about keeping the lines themselves clean and sharp? (If that makes sense)

Pavoneo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm talking about the lines thing xD
Err, well first I should let you know that I put every different part of a smudge on different layers (i.e. the base smudge on one layer, then a coloured smudge on another, highlights on another, etc.)

So in words, basically you smudge a line or curve or whatever. To get rid of some of it and make it sharper you would click on an area that's not apart of your smudge and hold down, then go next to the smudge and slightly overlay it, this makes the smudge tool act as a psuedo eraser in a sense and gives you a really sharp eraser while still maintaining the essense of a smudge.

Follow this tutorial to see what I'm talking about, just watch how he smudges

I used that tut to make my recent smudge tag. After a few more practice tags I should be near a good level to be able to replicate how crazy his is.
You must be registered for see images

Reactions: Trollo Lucilfer

Pavoneo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'll try to answer any questions I can, whether that be straight forward answering, referring to a video or tutorial, or referring you to someone who's more knowledgable about the topic than I am.
So feel free to ask away guys^^.

Trollo Lucilfer

Legendary
Kin
33💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Err, well first I should let you know that I put every different part of a smudge on different layers (i.e. the base smudge on one layer, then a coloured smudge on another, highlights on another, etc.)

So in words, basically you smudge a line or curve or whatever. To get rid of some of it and make it sharper you would click on an area that's not apart of your smudge and hold down, then go next to the smudge and slightly overlay it, this makes the smudge tool act as a psuedo eraser in a sense and gives you a really sharp eraser while still maintaining the essense of a smudge.

Follow this tutorial to see what I'm talking about, just watch how he smudges

I used that tut to make my recent smudge tag. After a few more practice tags I should be near a good level to be able to replicate how crazy his is.
You must be registered for see images
Thanks a lot pal, appreciated ^^

Khallil

Legendary
Kin
53💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What part of GFXing do you like the most?
i.e. creating signatures, avatars, coloring linearts, drawing linearts, photomanipulations, text logos, wallpapers etc

Status
Not open for further replies.