0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Shokugeki No Soma FC

You must be registered for see images

Yukihira Souma's dream is to become a full-time chef in his father's restaurant and surpass his father's culinary skill. But just as Yukihira graduates from middle school, his father, Yukihira Jouichirou, closes down the restaurant to cook in Europe. Although downtrodden, Souma's fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jouichirou which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 10% of the students graduate. Can Souma survive?

Main Characters

He is the son of Jouichirou Yukihira and, until it closed, worked at his father's restaurant, Restaurant Yukihira. As one of the main protagonist in the manga, Souma fight his odds in the elite school to becoming the best chef in the world even with strong background discrimination of his academy.

Souma is a rather energetic child who has the constant drive to move forward with his cooking, mostly due to his rivalry with his father. Due to his drive to move forward Souma is willing to try odd things with food including "Grilled Squid Tentacles Dressed in Peanut Butter," though these dishes usually don't go over too well. It is because the will of Souma to try to move forward, his dishes are often considered as creative and innovative by some peers and lecturers; leading his rivalry with all the students in the Tootsuki Culinary Academy. Through all this, Souma maintains a laid back attitude towards just about everything but cooking.

Souma can cook many different foods in many different styles, though he prefers what he calls "Yukihira Style," which is the cooking style which he learned from his father. Souma shows an immense capability for cooking and a special adaption with learning from his mistakes, and improvising through learning from said mistakes. It is due to his creativity and also resourcefulness, Souma is able to create the same dishes with different ways of cooking that would create even. Unlike most student whom used lavish ingredients, Souma didn't care about the classes of the ingredients which he claimed that it wasn't expensive ingredients, classy backgrounds, nor fancy techniques made the food better, but rather it's the wise usage and alternatives made the food interesting, and the customer's satisfaction about the food that matters. Further more, he also claimed that undefeated food in just the looks and taste in regal made him bored, which the boredom would made the chef stop improving their dishes. To eliminate such boredom, Souma continued to search for different styles of cooking around the world in order to improvised his cooking skills.

She is one of the main heroines who comes from a small port town in Japan. Megumi went to Tootsuki Culinary Academy to become a chef and make her family proud. Unfortunately, even with her neat skills in cooking, Megumi's poor social skills and her extreme demophobia got the best of her and had to relied on someone who is closed to her possibly due to her humble status and her ordinary beginnings in the academy. However, after witnessing Souma's incredible cooking skills and creative method of cooking, Megumi would become his assist partner and friend throughout the series.

Easily nervous and sensitive, Megumi is one of the clumsy and shy students who try to do her best while keeping her best to becoming a chef. She easily panics whenever accidents (some are usually in a comedic fashion) happen or when other students almost finish their work. She is also a rather cautious student who uses her words carefully to avoid unwanted consequences. It is revealed later that Megumi actually fears the crowd, which the crowd made her nervous even until the extent of her lacking confidence, might be the reason for her to be having barely survived passing in the academy, even with her actually good skills in cooking. With her demophobia, Megumi's skills were remained hindered despite her knowledge of recipe and some cooking methods.

Despite her weakness, Megumi is an honest and innocent student who does not lie about anything. She has a strong determination, and will try her best to reach her dream to become a chef after she paired with Souma. She also values friendship and rather observe towards any cooking style available in order for her to learn the style fast (especially Souma's).

Megumi's style of cooking is mostly based on cutting the ingredients using neat style. With her neat style of cutting, most of her cuts are considered as artistic as well as well prepared. Due to her fear of crowds, the true nature of her cooking are often hindered. Megumi's careful cutting and wise using of every materials made her as some of the unexpected expert, even if it took more weeks for her to specify the chemistry of the ingredients for the dish. Also, despite her lack of confidence and also her fear of crowds, Megumi's strong observation made her to create a dish to even supposed rivaled to Souma and other professional should she stay optimistic. With her being an assist chef beside Souma since her seemly last class at Chapple class, Megumi seemly adopted Souma's creativity through her observation from Souma's cooking.

Born in the prestige and influential family with affluent finances and refined pedigree, Erina is one of the arrogant, prideful and pampered students in Tootsuki Culinary Academy. Typical wealthy family's princess from her high famed family background, she looks down on people (particularly Souma) or society which doesn't share her lifestyle and only socialize with group of people which have an abundance wealth and strong influences. Due to her background as one of the prestige family of high class Japanese food chain industry, the Tootsuki Corporation, Erina often looks down upon whoever is considered as "common" and unjust to her taste due to her family's high pedigree.

Series and Anime Details

Series Details:

Release Date: 2012
Author(s): Tsukuda Yuuto
Artist(s): Saeki Shun
Genre(s): Comedy, Ecchi, Romance, School Life, Shounen, Slice Of Life

Anime Details:

Type: TV
Episodes: 24
Aired: Apr 4, 2015 to Sep 19, 2015
Producers: J.C.Staff, Mainichi Broadcasting, Sentai FilmworksL
Genres: Ecchi, School, Shounen
Duration: 25 min. per episode
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Useful Links

Caliburn's Manga review:

Rules

-All forum rules apply here
-Use spoiler tags whenever necessary. (If there's new SnS fans commenting here, be careful not to spoil them)
-Any new fans, feel free to ask any questions/concerns regarding the series.

Owner: Corazon

Member list:

-Animus
-Klaus
-Funky Tiger
-Caliburn
-iNotorious
-lojzaHD
-Lord Commander Jon Snow
-az eleon
-DrProof
-Tybone
-Lelouch of the Rebellion
-Brandish
-Faker
-Dannie
-Artoria
-Heavens Tremble
-King Kendrick

Last edited by a moderator:

Klaus

Legendary
Kin
31💸
Kumi
17💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Then you should also participate in the official chapter discussion. I don't think I have seen you posting in it yet.

The next chapter is going to be a blast. Who would have ever expected a cooking manga to be that addictive?
I don't read the manga. Or haven't started at least. I've watched the anime. But I guess I should start.
That is true, though I've only seen the anime, it very addictive. Its a good show. And I'm very picky about the anime I watch.

Reactions: Hexuze

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I will join. I will probably start watching the anime, but 4 now I am caught up to the manga
Oh a Shokugeki Fan Club. I wanna join. O__O
Added. Like Cali said, you should participate in the weekly chapter discussions. Welcome! =D
Soma the baws.
Added to the FC :). Welcome! Are you an anime only fan or manga?
Then you should also participate in the official chapter discussion. I don't think I have seen you posting in it yet.

The next chapter is going to be a blast. Who would have ever expected a cooking manga to be that addictive?
Added and I expected it to be good. I just never expected the shokugeki's to be that intense.

OT: Ikumi figure XD

Erina figure

Megumi figure

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't read the manga. Or haven't started at least. I've watched the anime. But I guess I should start.
That is true, though I've only seen the anime, it very addictive. Its a good show. And I'm very picky about the anime I watch.
How could you say no to this face:

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Happen to have stocks :)

I can add on Souma's 150x300 a border like Caliburn's if someone really wants to use it and wants border on it.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Here is Miyoko's pineapple fried curry dish:

Shall we get the curry ball rolling? This is probably the least complex and taxing if you don’t bother with slaughtering your own pineapple. But it makes for excellent showmanship and theatrics. But I do not recommend serving your friends a generous pineapple each given their price at the moment. Watch out lobster, pineapple is coming in close second to usurp you as a luxury ingredient haha. The Boluo Gali Chaofan was likened to sweet and sour pork but I wasn’t able to ascertain if there was meat in it or not. Eh. Vegan, non-vegan, everyone is happy. The sweetness of the pineapple was a marvellous accompaniment and accentuated the curry spices, thus uplifting the whole dish. And ergo, a new flavour sensation was born!

Houjou Miyoko’s Boluo Gali Chaofan Recipe

3 cups day old rice, 3 tblsp soy sauce, 1 tblsp sriracha, 2 tblsp curry powder (is this cheating? You could always dry roast a select type of spice then grind it), 1 tsp brown sugar, 2 carrots, 3 garlic, 2 eggs, curry leaves, spring onion, 2 onions, 1 red chili, 1 ginger, 1 red capsicum, 1 pineapple, coriander

Preheat oven to 180C. Cut off the leaves of the pineapple as close as you can to the top. Slice pineapple in half and make a crossed intersection. Spoon/cut out the pineapple innards. Dice into small cubes. Yes, this part drove me crazy. Retain juice.

Dice red capsicum, carrot, onions and spring onion uniformly.

Heat oil in a wok, stir fry vegetable until fragrant. remove.

Add pineapple, and fry until caramelised.

Return the vegetables to the wok along with garlic, sliced chilli and stir fry for 1 minute. Add 2 tblsp pineapple juice, 2 tblsp curry powder, 1 tsp brown sugar and mix.

Add the rice and stir fry to break up clumps and until it melds with the vegetables.

Crack two eggs and mix until incorporated (I have to say, I’m sad they rob the rice of its photogenic sheen), working quickly. Season

Smear salt along the fruit of the pineapple that will be in contact of the rice before spooning it in. Now, I realise that it’s supposed to be cupped by the other part. Theoretically. In a practical sense, that would mean that you would have to hollow the other half of the pineapple. Okay, I’m not that masochistic, I made a lid out of baking paper. Heh, I’m a thinker. Bake for 10-15 minutes. I think it’s supposed to infuse it with a pineapply essence.

Serve on a plate with the leaves. Note that presentation wise, well, it’s horrific AHAHA. My mum has a weird thing with plants. If it’s got a root it’s going into the garden. So she screeched, NOOOO, Don’t cut too much of it away, I WANT tO PLANT IT. But hey, I don’t thrive off improvisation for no reason. So yeah, the reason why you cut it off as close as you can to the base? You can make the rice portion more circular so that it looks prettier.

Still tastes incredible however haha. Despite it’s drunken, lopsided appearance. Enjoy!