Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Wonju

True to its historical relevance, Wonju has been rebuilt and established once more after the Cataclysm into a sprawling grassland that houses various farmsteads that aim at producing considerable crop and lifestock to benefit the citizens of Solanaceae. As both a product-rich region itself and a neighboring region to the Marketplace of Degarashan, Wonju has been established with various highways that interconnect through itself and into the further Southern regions of the Peninsula as well, allowing for fluid transport and traffic to pass as needed to produce a steady supply to the market, where the majority of goods within Solana are redistributed for either commerce or national consumption.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vroqrak

Legendary
Kin
216💸
Kumi
511💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Washing over the blood and dirt from his attire, John his journey onward from the farm, heading towards the port leading to Hanguri Golf. Still extremely fatigued, he moves forward onto the supposedly "friendly" communities of Kurikita.

(Traveling to Landmark 22)

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️

This post marks the beginning of my (our) mission using these storyboard elements:
-Explore a landmark (1)
-Solve a problem for a settlement in one of your landmarks (2)
-Convince a criminal to confess (3)

Summary: Kagari (Astra's fourth Star) takes the scenic route through Wonju and meets a troubled farmer whose valuable cattle is being targeted. Kagari is hired to protect them and when nightfall comes he must drive off bandits and find out the real purpose behind the attack. Also claiming the landmark.

[RP begins here]

Kagari briefly tipped his shades and looked ahead of him. The dirt road he was strolling down stretched endlessly into the distance. Everything does when there's no buildings or trees to get in the way. Vast swathes of grassland dominated the landscape like an enourmous green blanket was draped over it. Occasionally he came across a cart led by oxen hauling both supplies and people through Wonju and he would hitch a ride until he saw a new path that showed promise. Kagari could have easily summoned a flying creature to get him anywhere fast but he had time to kill and he still queasy from his hangover. Why complain when you don't feel fatigue?

This path took Kagari near the ocean and past a lonely looking port. Only a couple of small fishing boats sat by one of the only piers still standing, the wood worn out by time. It looked like whoever was in charge of maintaining the port had given up a long time ago had no idea what they were doing. Kagari shook his head. "Hmph. What a waste." He wished he could have seen what it was like when it was florishing, if it ever was. Beyond the rough shore lay the Hanguri gulf. Kagari didn't know where the tiny ships in the distance were going but he knew they wouldn't give this meager port the light of day. He created a sign out of discarded wood and nails. He secured it to the pier and carved words into it. [Under Ownership of Kaizen for Future Development]

As the sky began to dim, Kagari reached the edge of a large farm. He had transformed his clothes into his usual black suit since he wasn't going to talk business without looking put together. A number of farmhands were hastily leading cattle back from neighboring pastures. Down the road ahead of him he spied someone hiding behind a fence post watching them work. The figure apparently noticed Kagari because they shifted suddenly and disappeared from view. Then he heard a shout.

"Hey you! Orange hair! Did you see someone just now?!" A man came stomping toward Kagari from the farm. He looked older than the other workers, and louder. Kagari grinned. "Sure did. I saw you, him, that fellow-" Kagari couldn't finish pointing out obvious people because the man was already inches from his face, leaning over the fence that separated them and pointing in the direction the figure was at. "OUT. THERE. SMARTASS." "Oh THAT guy. Yes, I did see someone watching you guys from the shadows. Quite shady if you ask me. Are you the owner of this farm?" The man stood up strait and crossed his arms. He was pretty tall. "This is a ranch, boy. THE finest ranch in the whole peninsula. And yes, i own it." "Excellent. You're just the person i was looking for. You see..." The rancher had already began walking back to the farm while shouting orders to his workers to hurry. "I'm a ninja of the Kaizen clan! I can solve your little stalker problem and then some!" The rancher stopped and marched back to Kagari. "Come in."

(Henge no Jutsu) - Transformation Technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra: 5
Damage: N/A
Description: A Ninjutsu technique, which every ninja learns at the Ninja Academy. Henge allows the ninja to transform themselves into any person or object. This allows the ninja to move with stealth or to trick their opponents.
~Continued in the next part

Last edited:

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Kagari sat on a fence post in front of an enormous barn searching the surrounding darkness. The sun had already dipped below the horizon and the only source of light was a pair of lanterns hanging nearby. Between the barn and him a dozen cows ripe for slaughter were assembled. If their beef was as luxurious as the proud rancher claimed then they would make good bait. He was certain he was being monitored so the rest of his preparations were made in secret. Only thing left to do was wait for an answer to his invitation.

Before long, tiny specks of light began twinkling in the distance. As they grew closer and more defined Kagari recognized the shape of weapons glinting in the light of the lanterns. Kagari eagerly pushed himself off the pole. “Welcome...Wang gang? Is that right?” Something long and narrow shot at him from the darkness and he crouched under it as casually as tying his shoe. Kagari looked up to find a green spear wobbling above his head, stuck in a post that had been nearly split in two. “We are the Huang...” Three bandits walked into the light each wearing a green spear and a rice hat. “...and we’ll be taking those cows off your hands.” Their appearance matched the description Kagari got from the rancher. He’d explained that the Huang, notorious for thievery and making holes in things, had been sighted nearby. So it was up to Kagari to protect the precious cattle. “Alright then. Make a line and i’ll take you on one at a time.” They chuckled to themselves before charging at Kagari with their spears. Kagari loosened his tie and wrenched a spear from the post beside him. “Have it your way.”

The bandits thrust their weapons with deadly precision at Kagari, rapidly alternating their attacks into an endless stream. Kagari shifted this way and that, stylishly weaving around the sharp points chasing him. What he couldn’t dodge he deflected with his own spear and a harsh clang would ring through the night air. It seemed they were trying to pin him down with an unexpected display of coordination that have Kagari little room to launch an attack of his own. However, Kagari’s keen eye ascertained a trend in the bandits’ attacks. When the next attack came, Kagari ducked and swung at the legs of the one who usually attacked next, making him back off, while simultaneously striking the first one in the hand with the base of the spear. He cried out, dropping his weapon as Kagari punched him across the face and darted behind him. When the others approached, Kagari held the first bandit in between them while strangling him with a spear pole. He had them now.

Meanwhile, at the barn…

A lone woman sneaked through the barn window and looked around. The barn was enormous. Below her a dizzying number of cattle slept either lined up in pens or lying randomly about. Walking down the wall, she stopped when she came across a particular section of the barn where a few bulls were kept. “There you are.” She was glad she memorized their location beforehand. Now she didn’t have to waste time searching in the dark while the Huang dealt with the guard. She crouched down next to one of the bulls and took out a small vial along with a syringe. After piercing the top of the vial with the needle she slowly pulled back on the plunger to suck in some of the liquid inside. It was when she put the vial away that she was struck hard from behind and lost unconscious.

Minutes later, she woke up with a start and tried to move only to realize she was tied to a post with ropes. She began molding chakra for an escape technique when she saw a pair of big blue eyes glowing ominously in the dark. “Don’t even think about using a jutsu, sweetheart.” The voice came from behind her, a man’s voice. She was certain no one else entered the barn after Kagari left but she couldn't know about the two Stars summoned previously lying in wait for her. “H-how’d you get in here?!” “Shh...keep it down.” His voice was low and gentle, almost soothing. “Sorry for hitting you earlier. Keeping these cattle safe is my #1 priority right now. You don’t know how disastrous it would be if a fight broke out in the here. An astronomical expense.” He stood beside her, just outside her peripheral vision, lamenting over the hypothetical damages. “Kaizen?” “...Call me Astra. I have some questions for you. You can answer them however you want. Once i’m done i’ll let you go back to your business. Sound good you you?” She was silent, hesitant. “Need time to think it over? Alright. I can play with this in the meantime.” The woman felt something sharp prick her shoulder and looked over to see her syringe, the very same one she’d filled earlier. Her blood ran cold. “Wait...please...stop...” She didn’t dare move. “Hmm? Why? How else will i find out what this liquid does? Testing it on an animal would be inhumane. So, testing it on a human would be...” “That logic doesn’t even--! Look...i’ll tell you everything. So don’t...” He stared at her for a moment. She looked more pissed off than scared. “Are you sure?” “Yes.” No hesitation. No sign of deceit. He removed the syringe, then untied her. “Excellent. Please continue.”

Jutsu used by this point:
(Kuchiyose no Jutsu) - Summoning Technique
Type: Defense/Attack/Suplementary
Range: N/A
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage points: N/A
Description:
To summon the creature the ninja will wipe blood on his hand, perform the Boar → Dog → Bird → Monkey → Ram handseals and then touch the ground or another object, where a sealing formula will appear. Though it appears that as long as significant pressure is placed against the blood in some form, the summon will be complete, most summoning uses use a solid surface, though in some cases it can even be done mid air. There can be variations to the summoning steps, some ninja like Temari will wipe blood on her fan, then by swinging the fan the animal is summoned. Other ninja like Orochimaru wipe the blood across a snake tattoo on their arm first, then touch the ground. Others will clap their hands directly like Nagato through the use of his Animal Path. The user must have signed the contract with the creature he wants to summon but the technique can be used to summon a generic creature of that contract (B-Rank) which will have no special traits or abilities beyond those normal to the rest of the animals in the contract. The animal is always summoned on the mark that appears upon slamming the users hand or, if not the case, always in short range of the user.

Back outside...

Kagari smirked from behind his hostage at the two bandits who had their spears trained on him. “Woah, that’s dangerous. Keep pointing those sticks over here and you might poke an eye out. Help me out, would you?” *choking noises* “You heard him. Put down your weapons and **** off.” The two bandits moved to place their spears on the ground but their expressions weren’t those of concern. In fact, they looked as confident as they always did. Suddenly, one of them opened his mouth and spat a globule of mud toward his head. Kagari tried to block it with the hostage but the shot covered both their heads in sticky mud. “Hahahaha! Now you’re dead!” Unable to see, Kagari let go of the hostage and stepped back. That’s when the ground erupted behind him and a spear came out, stabbing him through the back. Another bandit emerged from the ground. “Got him. We’re done here.” As if on cue, the ground beneath the bait cows caved in and a pile of distressed cows fell onto a pair of carts waiting for them beneath the surface. The two carts sped down two tunnels formed underground. The Huang were feeling really proud of themselves until the realization hit. “Tsk tsk. Can’t even recognize one of your own? That’s embarrassing.” Kagari removed the mud-covered rice hat from his head and wiped the rest from his face. He gave an impish grin as everyone looked over at the blood covered spear protruding from the chest of the bandit Kagari was holding hostage just a moment before. What?! It was a simple trick, substituting himself with his hostage at the last minute. As for how a blind man could do this in the first place, he had the shared vision of the Rinnegan to thank for that. Kagari summoned four Stars in the barn earlier, not just two, and the ones who have been watching the entire time were disguised as cows. They were led out of the barn by Kagari while hiding among other bait cows. While the bandits were still stunned, Kagari flicked a flash bomb into the air, bathing everything in a brilliant white. When they could see again, a everything was pitch black. What little light shone from the lanterns was eclipsed by a huge creature covered in shadow looming over them. It took one step with its heavy hoof and that alone was enough to make the bandits piss themselves and run as fast as they could carrying their spears and single casualty with them. When dark creature, really a giant ox, disappeared, only Kagari remained.

Red=npc jutsu

(Henge no Jutsu) - Transformation Technique x2
Description: A Ninjutsu technique, which every ninja learns at the Ninja Academy. Henge allows the ninja to transform themselves into any person or object. This allows the ninja to move with stealth or to trick their opponents.

(Doton: Dorosandan) – Earth Release: Mudshot
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 15
Damage: 10
Description: The user spits a thick globule of mud at the target. If aimed correctly, it can blind the target's vision and choke them. It can also be used to create a sticky patch on the ground.

(Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding Like A Mole Technique
Range: Long
Description: The user changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. While underground one can sense what is happening on the surface and use the information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. Once can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy cant reach. It also appears that after digging, the ground can be returned to its original state, leaving no trace of where the user entered the earth. While inside the earth, the user cannot make handseals and can only use Earth techniques below C-Rank. If he tries to do a higher ranked technique, he'll disrupt the Hiding like a mole technique and be left crushed.

(Doton: Ton'neru chika no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Tunneling Technique
Range: Short-Long
Description: The user after performing the required hand seals Ram → Dog → Rat → Bird is able to create a wide tunnel in the ground, this cannot travel through rock though or anything with a high density. The large tunnel that is created allows the user to transport others without detection.
Note: The initial entry of the technique is short range.

(Kawarimi no Jutsu) - Change of Body Stance Technique
Description: Kawarimi no Jutsu is a basic Ninjutsu technique. When in danger the ninja will quickly substitute themselves with another nearby object. This can be a block of wood or even another person. This allows the ninja to quickly flee and hide while the original object takes the brunt of their opponents attack. The technique is a mix between high speed movement and the use of the transformation technique but has its limits.

(Kuchiyose no Jutsu: Kyojin Oushi) - Summoning Technique: Giant Ox
Chakra Cost: 30
Description: With an appearance similar to a normal ox, this summon has a number of body piercings, along with Rinnegan. This summon, by its sheer size possessed a great deal of brute strength. Also, because it has Rinnegan eyes, it possessed a field of shared vision with Nagato. It has a high resistance to damage, being able to shrug off attacks of B rank and below and can once per battle ram and break through up to an S-Rank physical technique.
Note: can only be summoned by Uzumaki Nagato and 6 Paths of Pein bios.
Note: can only be summoned once

Beneath the surface, two bandits of the Huang were driving a cart down a subterranean tunnel, hooting and hollering in celebration of another job well done. This was a tactic they used often for heavy targets. It takes too much effort to load things onto a cart, why not let gravity do all the work? They were drooling, talking about how good the meat would be when one of the cows in the cart became a man in a suit and launched a surprise attack on the bandits. Those on the other cart received a similar surprise. In short, the bandits were easily defeated and the cows were returned to the ranch safe and sound.

The barn, once again...

“So you’re saying the secret to his spectacular beef is animal ***?” “I’m telling you, that’s not what i said.” She sounded exhausted and was turning red trying to explain things to Astra but she would try one more time. “The owner of this ranch has, intentionally or not, has gathered the ideal combination of bulls and cows to produce the best offspring for beef cattle. It called selective breeding.” Astra raised his hand like he had a question. “Wait till i'm finished finished. So, a foreign competitor jealous of the rancher’s success has hired me to sabotage the ranch by poisoning his bulls which are of a particularly rare breed and few in number. Now, i don’t know what’s in the poison or how it works but it’s supposed to slowly kill them over time without any early signs of illness. That way, it would be harder for anyone to suspect foul play. I needed a distraction to get in and out of here unnoticed so i convinced the Huang to steal some cows for money. They’ve probably already done their part, unlike me. Argh! What am i going to do now?! No one is supposed to know about this!“ “Oh, don’t worry, i won’t tell the rancher about this. Actually, go ahead and finish your job. Pretend you never saw me.” She looked both confused and suspicious. “Huh? Why? What do you want?” “Half your pay.” “What?! I need that to live!” “Fine. Come to Kurikita in a few weeks and we can work it out then. For now, just give me your name.” She paused. He held up the syringe. “It's Mercury.” “Mercury...alright, i’ll try and remember that.” With that, Mercury the saboteur finished poisoning the bulls and left the ranch not knowing Astra had already poisoned her when she was unconscious so they could be sure they would see her again. Before the night was over, Astra filled in the tunnels with earth ninjutsu and secretly cured the poisoned bulls with the Naraka path.

(Doton: Doryū Jōheki) - Earth Release: Earth Flow Rampart
Type: Supplementary/ Defensive
Chakra: 20
Description: By performing the Tiger hand seal the user then makes a gigantic rampart rise up beneath the user's feet, by shaping the ground and increasing the amount of earth with chakra. Depending on what the user imagines, the shape of the rampart can be anything from level ground to a steep, needle-like mountain. If the user increases the volume of earth too much, he can be forced to keep his chakra consumption down. The user can combine this jutsu with Water Style: Waterfall Basin Technique to create a waterfall.

(Kuchiyose no Jutsu: Kukuou Makai) – Summoning Technique King Of Hell
Type: Offensive, Supplementary
Chakra cost: 40
Damage points: N/A
Description:
A demonic figure, the King of Hell is the connection between the user and the Underworld (or world of the dead). It can be used by two paths for different purposes. When used by the Naraka Path, it's used for interrogation or regeneration. When implemented on a target, a serpent-like apparition of their life force energy, in the form of an enlarged tongue emerges from their mouth and is presented to the figure. It then proceeds to pass its judgement on the victim. If they are lying (or refuse to answer the question), their life force energy is ripped out by its two hand-shaped tongues and consumed, leading to the victim's death. If the victim says the truth, she's left drained and tired but otherwise unharmed. For its second ability, the King of Hell can regenerate injured ninjas or summons and even repair the other Paths in the case of the 6 Paths of Pein bio. The restored target is consumed and brought back as it was during its prime. The user can, through the Outer Path, use the King of Hell to give life back to the dead, exerting true and absolute control over life and death. Only those on which the King of Hell is used can see it, except when its used for the (Gedō: Rinne Tensei no Jutsu) Outer Path: Samsara of Heavenly Life Technique. Like any being linked to the Rinnegan user, the King of Hell also manifests the Rinnegan and shares his vision with the user.
Note: Can only be used thrice for interrogation
Note: The Regeneration ability can only be used 3 times on others and only once on the user himself.
Note: 6 Paths of Pein bios can regenerate damaged paths 4 times per battle.
Note: Can only be summoned by either the (Jigokudō) - Naraka Path or with it active or after activating the Outer Path.
Note: Lasts 2 turns.

Kagari met with the rancher again the next morning, telling him a fictional tale about how he fought off a bandit battalion by himself. The rancher was impressed and offered to pay him in beef, which he gladly accepted and had shipped off to Kurikita’s meat market to a man named Rou. With one promise kept, Astra (sans Human Path) continued northward.

~Mission End~

~Leaving LM

Last edited:

Gutsy

Legendary
Kin
999💸
Kumi
7,554💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Biography [Ulmo]: https://animebase.me/threads/ulmo-king-of-the-sea.775721/

This post marks the beginning of my (our) mission using these storyboard elements:

• Take part in local festivities [D-rank]
Summary: The tale of Ulmo and the Midsummer Festival, and the beginning of the Red Fevers sudden increased impact upon society.

The Midsummer Festival
When Alur, the mayor of the town declared, that the Midsummer Festival were to be held today, and that the festival would be grander than all of the previous years, the town was buzzing with excitement and everyone was preparing for the evening.
Alur is both rich and eccentric, while having been the town's mayor the past fifty years. The town in general were not the biggest fans of the mayor, however, since he was so generous with his riches and managed to help them all with their daily work, they more or less allowed his strange behaviour and pleasantries.

This year's festival was said to be planned with utmost care and was intended to be more special than the previous ones, for this festival was set on the hundredth anniversary of the festival.

Everyone in the town and the surrounding farmers, and small villages were buzzing with the news of the festival and it spread like wild-fire to the nearby towns. The previous festivals quickly became the subject of conversation among the townsfolk, as the elders found that the young were suddenly felt the urge to listen to their stories of the past festivities. One of the elders with the most audience was Sunno Oakbottom, also known as Old Oak. He resided in his inn, the Nestled Nook Inn near the side of the eastern road. He could talk with some authority about the festival, as he had lived a long and prosperous life, attending most of, if not all of the festivities in the past forty years. However, due to his advanced age, he was no longer able to attend said festivities, instead his eldest son, Grog Oakbottom, whom lived in a small nearby house, guarded by his well-trimmed hedge and a few flowers.

“The festivities are a true sight to behold, and this will surely be one for the ages.” Sunno exclaimed, and with full authority, for the festivities had become known across the peninsula as the most stunning sight to behold. It was said that this festival was to have fireworks and a carnival, a rumour that had slowly grown in strength over the past days, seeing the many different types of people that had been amassing in the town, preparing for the party.

A small carriage, a carriage that seemed to hold several packages and other objects, made its way through the streets. It made the people looked upon it with curiosity, as most of them looked on in awe, at the man sitting at its front. Long flowing raven-black hair, well-trimmed beard, bushy-brows and adorning stunning blue robes, waving in the strong wind, making him seem like the sea itself was arriving in their town. All of the kids ran across the fields and the streets to follow the carriage to its destination, for they all knew of him. It was Ulmo. He was a familiar face, as he lived near the town, and was often seen there helping the people and seemingly enjoyed a normal one at that. Everyone knew him as a fisherman and a man whom enjoyed making decorations for the local festivities, why he had a splendid reputation among the townsfolk. His real work, or more or less, real life was more of a mystery to the townsfolk, as Ulmo kept the truth about his real background to them. For the people, he was their local attraction.

The children screamed out, “U is for unselfish”, the man smiling as continued onwards. They knew him from his appearance, even though he had refrained from visiting the town for quite some time, since the Red Fever outbreak.

As Ulmo was assisted by Sunno and his son Grog, with his packages and his possessions into the inn, where he would be staying, he would give some coin to the children. Though, to the childrens disappointment, neither Sunno nor Ulmo would give them the pleasantry of telling them one of their tales of the world beyond.
“Now run of with you,” Ulmo said. “You will get some stories tonight at the festival.” He walked into the Inn together with Grog and Sunno. The children stood outside for some time, looking at the door, hoping he would come back out. They ran off,

thinking the festivities of the evening was too far off.

Within the inn, Ulmo sat with Grog and Sunno, near the open window in a small room with a view out to the road and the river. The late afternoon was peaceful, with no customers of the day, as everyone was preparing for the evening. The sunflowers and the grass waving in the wind, as the sunlight was still beaming in through the window.
“Your garden looks great as ever,” Ulmo said.
“Yes,” Sunno replied, “I am very satisfied with it myself, even though I do think I need a vacation.
“So, you intend on taking a journey somewhere soon?”
“Yes, I will, I recently made my decision, and I won’t change my mind about it.”
“Very well, I will not try to persuade you otherwise.”
“I am very excited for tonight for I will announce my departure to the people, I wonder who will cheer and who will try to pry me from my decision.”

“This will be a night to remember.”
Ulmo exclaimed.
The streets were crawling with people from far and wide, not only the locals had arrived to see the festivities but they wanted to see the Moondrop Traveling Carnival of Curiosities. When all of the guests and people had been welcomed to the town, they were bid welcome by song and dance, music and games of many kinds. Of course, the tables were filled with food and drinks, the stands across the streets presenting themselves with various shops, selling fire crackers, spinning wheels, candy and much more.

As the festivities continued through the evening, the people gathered in the streets, as they were all drawn to the attention of those walking through the streets. It was the Moondrop Traveling Carnival that had arrived. The streets lit by fireworks above as they came through the streets. Ulmo standing among the people watching the coming entertainment.

The first sign of the carnival was the sound of a fiddle, that seemed to creep through the night air. Folks begin to prod their heads out into the open air curious about the source of this unusual din, and they find their vision capturing a small procession of flamboyantly dressed people parading through the road. A lanky man of some obvious elven descent leads the pack, his long, ashy-brown hair curling ever-so-slightly past his mid-back, his long coat and tails knocking around by his skipping step. Two women in purple and green bodysuits dance from side to side, handing flowers to children and flyers to adults, as a bald man in a neck-frilled frock coat of bright red, his face adorned in vibrant orange makeup to look like the setting sun behind him, plays the violin that you heard earlier in an upbeat, jovial manner. A tall masculine man coloured head to toe in green, with a well-groomed handlebar moustache that curves out to the side, billowing white silk shirt and black trousers, follows behind with a big drum slung over his shoulder, drumming along with the fiddle. A man with lavender coloured skin, walks along with a grin, juggling two curved scimitars as he walks in place, almost loses one and catches it, continues onward.

Families are beginning to gather out to see this display. The two dancers' part, and then a woman of short, fiery red hair and dark skin walking between them lifting a small candle before and giant burst, a gout of flame emerges from the front of her mouth, brightening the vicinity, and everyone collectively gasps and begins cheering and clapping as they continue the walk. The gasps and cheers begin to follow, as the procession continues down its way, the families and civilians begin to gather and follow behind. As the last bit of the sun sets behind the mountain range, the torches glowing, the procession curves through the centre of the town to the edge of it. Through the small town more folk begin to gather. People following the parade, eager for this fresh form of entertainment. Children laugh and chatter excitedly, while the guards in their familiar bronze and vermilion uniforms try to maintain order between themselves being quite curious or visibly mistrusting of these “hooligans” that suddenly have usurped the evening air. The procession continues out towards the eastern side, out along the southern road to the open field, to the newly constructed, large, dark blue tent. Lengthy streamers of white and silver flap with the cold winds from the top of the structure. As the folk and Ulmo, they watch as the lavender coloured man steps unto a podium.

“I am so glad that the folk of the town have chosen to join us here tonight, I hope you all enjoy the show!
With that the crowd cheered, as the carnival disappeared into the tent. People are being inspected and ushered through by the well-groomed green coloured man on the side, and the pale woman, with entry fees being collected by both as people begin to pass into this large structure. A few feet off to the side, Ulmo sees a small crowd gathered around the lavender coloured man, who is sitting atop a small blanket and has cards splayed before him. A farmer sits across from him, listening intently.

“All right, so what can you tell me about this here cough?” The farmer murmurs.
“How long have you had it?”
“Oh, going on like three, four months.”
He says while coughing slightly.
“It looks like it’s getting better. Oh yes. Does it feel like it’s getting better?”
“Oh, right now? Yeah.”
“Yea, look at that. I would maybe breathe a tincture or something. Maybe you should get that looked at.”

“From who? What do the cards tell me?”
“Some sort of physician, perhaps.”

“Right! Of course! Oh, thank you so much.”
He places a coin as the man exclaims, let the Platinum Dragon be with you. The farmer stands up and quickly moves into the crowd.
“Dear, a physician!” He says as he walks off.
Suddenly, a heavy greenish-grey-skinned mitt slaps onto Ulmo’s shoulder, as he glances over to see the larger, well-groomed green coloured man standing there.
“I’m terribly sorry, but we’ve got to keep things moving. If you wish to pay entry, you can, but the rules are the rules. So sorry. Please”

Ulmo looked at him. “Oh, I am terribly sorry, I will pay the entry fee, did not mean to hold up the que.”
He flicks the side of his moustache, as he turns to walk into the tent.

As Ulmo and the rest of the folk stepped into the interior of the tent, the rocky floor filled with grass and dirt and various flattened groundscape on the outskirts of the town, Ulmo sees a thick, heavy tarp-like material hitting the very edge where the heavy dark blue cloth hangs from the sides of the tent. He sees where the seating is guided across the floor, and there, already in a very packed room, he sees a few dozen townsfolk that have begun to gather in a semicircle. There is a central pillar, a heavy column of wood, a tree that has been completely rounded off on all sides, held aloft to carry the top of the canopy of the tent itself. And across the way, there is a larger flap tent that is closed, where the performers have their entrance. There are four hanging lanterns that glow with a flicker of light, but the pattern to them is consistent meaning it is not natural flames, though it might only be Ulmo whom notices this.

Children and people are beginning to mash around the sides, and the space along the edges of the interior of the tent is getting a little cramped. Ulmo decides to sit at the front of the crowd to get a good view of the performance.
The music dies down and everyone begins to crowd in and whisper to themselves, eventually it begins to quite a bit, as everyone has taken their seats. The familiar sound of the fiddle begins to play, and everyone quickly gets quiet, down to a hush. The music seems source less in the interior of the tent. Everyone begins to look around to see where it may come from. Ulmo hear points of hushed “looks”, pointing off in different areas, and at the top of the tent, Ulmo sees, seeming to stretch and fall, like a slow drop of water, the man in red he had seen earlier, descends from the top of the tent, dressed head-to-toe in a matching deep blue outfit and full makeup, to where he appears out of the canopy of the tent. He hangs from a rope by one foot, wrapped around and clutched as his foot catches the edge. Playing the violin ever-so-slowly as he carefully descends, and then at the last moment releases the rope and lands on his feet, continuing the music he’s playing. He slowly spins as the longer-haired elf leader of the earlier parade, enters the tent from the distant flaps, his head now sporting a tall hat, flopping backwards at the apex. He extends his arms, removing the hat, and takes a deep bow as the crowd begins to clap.

“Ladies and gentlemen of the town, I am Carnival Master Gustav, and allow me to welcome you to the Moondrop’s Traveling Carnival of Curiosities... I ask you, each and every one of you--” Children giggles in the background as he makes eye contact with them. “grant us your imaginations this eve but a trifle bit of time, and allow us to reveal a realm of laughter mystery, danger, and beauty. I see you’ve already met Desmond.” He says as he gestures towards the man in all blue who’s playing the fiddle. “He’ll be part of our story tonight, so keep a wily eye for the shifting fool. But first, I tell you a tale of two sisters of the Fey.”

Desmond slowly leaves the tent.

“Lost without form into the mazes of the underworld. There, where the body would break, they found a teacher in a mystical serpent, and the gift they received was the ability to bend with this maze that captured them and slither their way back to the surface to reclaim their place in the world... May I present to you Mona and Yuli, the Knot Sisters.” He slowly backs through the performance entrance, two young dancers in full bodysuits, emerge from behind the Carnival Master as he discreetly exits. They sport serpentine makeup, scales affixed to the sides of their face and arms. Approaching the central spire, the pole that holds the tent up. One immediately leaps onto the shoulders of the other, bending her back a near-impossible amount, creating this humanoid sculpture that Ulmo sees from the front row, as the people cringe at the idea of the pain that would cause an average individual. But these women are very nimble and able to create almost a single form out of two bodies. Their rigid form becomes fluid to the eye as they move and shift to the music, the violin now source less once again, not seeing where this Desmond is placed, but they seem to move as it picks up speed.

Suddenly, the top one folds over and slams into the ground, tumbling across the centre in a wild display of physical control. The two of them begin to tangle and wrap like two battling snakes, their bodies seemingly disconnecting from the rigid human forms people had seen, as they swear for a moment, they become serpentine-like as they intertwine around the base of the pole. It’s beautiful and violent at the same time. It’s off-putting as people watch as they curl around the base of this pole. The lights above begin to become a dull greenish-blue, and get darker and darker, presenting this imagery of the underworld. One by one, they silently tell a tale of struggle, crawling across one, then the other, one at a time, using their serpentine-like forms as an extending ladder, folding over each other as they use every muscle in their body to cling around this pole and ladder-step up like a snake. It’s a very strange but alluring sight, and Ulmo can’t help but notice that he forgot that these are two ordinary women, and finds himself pulled into this wordless story they tell of climbing back to their place, to the surface, towards the dark sky of lightless blue cloth. As the baubles that contain the interior light of the tent begin to glow brighter and brighter, their climbing becomes more fevered. The two of them, arm into arm, leg into leg, rolling up and swirling, until eventually at the apex the grab each other’s arms around the pole before spinning downward, back-to-back, legs outward, with a rapid pace, the music coming to a full crescendo. Like a maypole, they both curl and twirl and then tumble to the ground before the audience with a flourish, arms in the air, and the audience erupts in applause.

“In a flash, beyond the ash, the gods all went and gone. The darkness came to grasp, reclaim, and suffocate the dawn.” suddenly, out of the darkness behind him, a burst of flame lights the room. “But from that night, a burning light doth keep back shadows’ bane. The strength to fight will set alight the morning sun again... Ladies and gentleman, I present to you Orrah the Fire Fairy.” The sound of Gustav manages to capture the audience from an unknown location.

Ulmo watches as a pair of metallic fans, alight with flame, now frame the beautiful woman of short red hair. As she spins in hypnotic twirl, her simple dress of golds and reds almost glowing in the firelight around her, the flickering of the flames giving her the visage of a warrior-goddess battling the dark that surrounds. The frenzied fiddle of the fool picks up as she twirls the fans in her grasp, her face stoic and graceful simultaneously. The hushed awe of the audience fills the air, watching this magnificent warrior strike the shadows, the lights above flickering brighter with each spin dive, banishing the shadows from the room. She matches the pace of the music, drawing to a crescendo, and leaps, and barel-turns and climaxes with her striking a powerful pose as the lights rocket to a victorious luminescence. Once again, the crowd goes crazy.

At that very moment, as she stood victorious at the centre of the room, Gustav steps out of the performers entrance, watching the crowd go wild over the performance of the woman. He smiles, bowing with the hat wobbling around in his hand. The cheers of the people giving him strength and happiness. However, soon the crowd's cheers were replaced with screams of danger, horror, of something unnatural. As Gustav looked forward, he witnessed as several people within the crowd had fallen ill in front of him and around Ulmo, while some of them crawled forward. It seemed as if they were changing. This slowly followed by most of the crowd, screaming in agony, before everything went silent. Ulmo standing in confusion, as the folk of the town stood back up, this time silent, however, their bodies looking like mangled corpses, blood, bone and mucus all around, these folks were no longer human. They had been twisted by darkness, by something not of this world. They leapt forward, jumping onto Gustav and the Fire Fairy, tearing into their flesh, as they assaulted Ulmo, in a frenzy.

To be continued...

Reactions: NightKiing

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This post marks the beginning of my mission using these storyboard elements:
Protect one of your clan landmarks from a medium sized group of undead (4)

Summary: Ryuu notices a medium sized group of Undead advancing upon the ranch that Astra once protected from bandits. He carries out his duty to protect and serve the people of this land by keeping the Undead away from them and ultimately defeating them.

Coming from Kurikita, where he had just diagnosed whether everyone had the virus, Ryuu came into another one of his clan landmarks, wondering how the people here were faring. Had they also all succumbed to the illness? Walking along a long dirt road, Ryuu scanned the place with his Byakugan. It appeared that this place was a bit run-down, and he even found a sign for repair that Astra had put up when they were here once. His heart ached a little by remembering them and he wished he was in their company again. He remembered their tale of when they had saved a rancher's cows from a gang of bandits in this area. Sure enough, Ryuu soon spotted a large ranch far off into the distance. It seemed to fit the description. Maybe he would just pop in and see how everyone was doing.

As Ryuu arrived at the front of the ranch, he noticed a strange sight. A short distance away from the farm, approaching from the other side that Ryuu had come from, approached what looked like humans walking in a bizarre manner. Looking more closely, he could see that they looked like they were rotting, almost like they were dead... They didn't look all that friendly. Walking inside the farm, he spotted who he presumed to be the owner of the ranch, judging from how Astra had described him. He stood by for a few moments, waiting to get his attention; the man seemed to be preoccupied with some farm work. He was bent over and didn't notice the quiet Ryuu yet. When he stood up though, he jumped a little in fright.

Damn it! Who are you? I'll have you know I'm a very busy man and I don't have time for your silly antics! I'm the owner of this ra-

Ryuu cut him off by presenting a piece of paper in front of him that had writing written on it. He had managed to scribble down a note whilst the farmer was working. It wrote:

Do you have visitors? There appears to be a strange congregation of something there...

As the man read the note, Ryuu pointed in the direction of the horde. Sure enough, they came into a normal person's sight now, although still far enough that the rancher had to squint to see them. Strange sounds filled the air, albeit muffled at this stage. The rancher looked annoyed.

What are you bothering me for? Those are just my cows aren't they?

Ryuu said nothing; just watched as the crowd of whatever it was grew close enough for the rancher to realise that they were not his cows. The sounds also became more clear; howling, crying and moaning sounds which sounded very gruesome. The farmer hesitated a bit, a look of fear appearing on his face. He stammered at first before yelling.

Tha- now that, I do- don't know what those are. Why are they coming here?! Have they come to eat my precious cows? No, no one will muck around with them again! I have the finest beef here!

Turning to the other farmers in the area, the owner barked orders at them to ward this strange group off. They nodded, although hesitant. Ryuu could see they were scared. However, some of them still started to run towards the oncoming group. However, they stopped in their tracks before they could reach them as they noticed a peculiar sight; anyone that the group was touching on their way appeared to join the group in their behaviour and their looks also became distorted. The farmers turned to their heels and ran at this frightening occurrence. Sighing, Ryuu went forward to go to them, but was stopped as the farmer held him by the shoulder.

Where do you think you're going little one? Trying to suicide? Didn't you see what just happened to those people there.

Ryuu could see that the man was trying to be kind to him. He scribbled on a piece of paper again before showing him.

I'm from the Kaizen clan. I'm sure you recall us?...

As the man read it, his eyes widened, no doubt at the fact that Ryuu was a ninja. But before he could reply, Ryuu had already dashed off. Approaching the group, who had infected some more people by now, and who were about to infect others, Ryuu quickly took out a multitude of kunais with paper bombs attached to them, throwing them at the Undead who were closest to civilians. As they hit them, the bombs exploded on the strange creatures. The scared and screaming civilians used this opportunity to run to safety. Once the smoke had cleared though, Ryuu noticed that the bombs had not dealt much damage to the creatures; they were still advancing forward. It was going to take something much stronger than that to stop them. And they were angrier now too; their shrills grew louder and sounded more gruesome, making Ryuu wish he could just cover his ears. However, he pressed onward. All of a sudden, Ryuu heard a cry of alarm a few metres to his right. A little boy was on the ground whilst a girl similar to him in age was changing form into one of those as the creatures. An Undead had touched her and was now about to take him too. He could only look on in horror as it drew closer to him.

Ryuu immediately dropped his leg weights, dashing as fast as he could to save the boy. As he arrived in between the boy and the creature, he could smell the rot on the Undead's body, and could see pieces of flesh hanging from it's body. Raw red meat could be seen, as if it was bleeding, although Ryuu could see that it was not so. Up close, the creature was monstrous looking and looked as if it could not think for itself. In that split second that Ryuu had been thinking about all this, the creature had raised a hand as if to hit Ryuu. Ryuu knew he could not defend himself by touching the creature, or else he would also become like them, so he instinctively released chakra from all the tenketsu on the front of his body, facing the Undead. Upon making contact with the chakra, the creature was sent flying back, landing hard on the ground a few metres away. It had been defeated and was unable to move now, although it was still conscious. Ryuu heard a cry again. This time, it appeared that the girl who had changed was confronting the boy, and he cried out of sadness and fear; sad that the girl was no longer that, and fearful of what she had become when just moments before they had both been in the same situation. Ryuu swiftly picked up the boy and placed him on his shoulders.

In the time that he had been protecting the boy, a whole lot of Undead had made it past him and were approaching others. They were going towards the farm as well, and everyone was panicking and screaming. Running towards a clear patch, Ryuu set the boy down and performed 3 hand seals, releasing from his mouth a large fireball, followed by around 5 smaller ones. The larger fireball traveled towards a group of 4 Undead who had cornered a group of 3 men against a farm fence. Ryuu hit the creatures with the fireball and they all perished, screeching loudly as they burned away. At the same time, his smaller fireballs also went towards their targets, which included striking down one who was chasing after a woman, another who was approaching a little girl who had fallen down and was now cowering in fear, and a few more who were terrorising citizens unknowingly, for they seemed to have no mind to think with. As he maneuvered the fireballs around, striking down the Undead who were closest to people, Ryuu himself was engaged in an orchestra of gracefully dodging the creatures who came close to him, sidestepping here and there and performing flips over the bodies of the Undead, making sure to never touch them. A couple of times though, he almost would touch them, as there were quite a few of them around. He could feel their rancid smelling breaths on him, so close he was to them. He was sweating now from all the work he was doing.

Once the residents who were in immediate danger were free, Ryuu frantically motioned for them to run away fast, as quickly as possible. That they did. Most people ran and never looked back. Even most of the farmers did. A few remained, hiding behind buildings and in farm houses. They must have been curious to see the outcome. By now, Undead were scattering all over the farm. Ryuu had thought that everyone had fled, but then suddenly noticed the rancher. Horrified, Ryuu saw that the man was standing in front of a group of incoming Undead, holding his hands out wide to his side, blocking their passage. And he was yelling at them too.

Stupid, idiots! You won't get past me! You think you can have my fine cows, never!

If Ryuu had had time, he would have facepalmed at the scene. Instead, he had to take quick action to save the man. The rancher seemed to be so protective of his beloved cows that he was even willing to risk his life... The cows on the other hand had no idea that there was something wrong and were a little bit behind the rancher, eating grass as a group. There were Undead approaching them from all sides now, and some Undead had gone further into the farm now too. Taking care of the immediate danger, Ryuu dashed over to the rancher, arriving just in time to unsheath his sword and swiftly cut the heads off the shoulders of the Undead who were about to touch the rancher. The farmer was safe now, although the fate of his cows was not so clear. One of the cows had drifted off a bit from the group and was now surrounded by 3 Undead. Unable to reach there in time, the cow was touched by the creatures. Mortified, Ryuu watched as one of the sources of the ranches stellar beef became disfigured and started to act in a strange manner, joining the Undead.

Ryuu had to think fast to save the rest of them now... To begin the cow rescue, the young Hyūga threw a flashbomb in the air, blinding everyone except for his Byakugan. Stunned, the Undead could not move anywhere, and the cows stayed put in a tight knit group. Ryuu grabbed the rancher in his arms and leapt forward, landing amongst the cows. Setting the man down, he then slammed his hands onto the ground, causing the earth under him and the cows to rise up by 20 metres. It was a nice square patch of grass that was raised. As it happened, the ground made a creaking noise followed by a rumble. The cows wobbled a little, losing their balance, but Ryuu made sure there was enough space between them and the edge that they would not fall. Now there were only Undead left exposed down on the farm. Not worried about hurting anyone else as everyone was gone by now, or was out of the way, Ryuu performed the Snake hand seal, before releasing a large spear of lightning from his hand. As it was released, Ryuu split the spear up into a whole multitude of smaller spears which now traveled down towards the Undead. He made sure that each of the creatures was impaled by the lightning spears, killing all of them, including any unconscious ones. At last, the Undead had been stopped and were no more. By now, the effects of the flash bomb was also vanishing, and Ryuu once again slammed his hands onto the ground, this time lowering it back to its original level. The land looked untouched, except for the 4 sides where the grass was now disrupted. It would fix itself over time though. The rancher was shocked by all this, too stunned to say anything. He could only watch his surroundings, seeing a whole lot of corpses in his farm and his farm land being raised and lowered like it was nothing. He didn't seem angry though; just relieved.

Ryuu watched him for a bit before writing him a note.

Bet you weren't counting on something like this to happen today were you? Anyway I better get these corpses cleaned up before anything touches them.

The rancher appeared to have found his voice.

Oh yes, um, thank you...

Drawing five dragons on a scroll, Ryuu then summoned the 5 metre long creatures with wings, commanding them to dispose of the bodies. The dragons each managed to carry a few Undead on their backs and in their claws at one time, transporting them over to the ports where they would drop them into the sea to float away. They did this a couple of times until the land was cleared of all the bodies. Once their job was done, the dragons dispersed.

Of course, once the area was safe, everyone came back out to Ryuu, thanking him for everything, something the boy was used to now. They were definitely grateful for Kaizen's presence in these lands, and hoped the clan would remain here forever. Ryuu noticed that everyone here also had the virus; he could recognise it with his Byakugan. No point in telling them to isolate then... The rancher also offered Ryuu some fine cooked meat and celebrated with a barbecue, inviting all the citizens for a free meal as well. Of course, the cows weren't too impressed with that though...

(Dōjutsu: Byakugan) Eye Technique: The All Seeing White Eye (Reference)
Type:
Supplementary
Chakra: 15 (+5 per turn to keep active)
Description: The kekkei genkai intrinsic to both the Hyūga and Ōtsutsuki clans—descendants of Kaguya Ōtsutsuki. Those who possess this dōjutsu have it manifested as eyes with featureless white irides and no visible pupils. And when activated, the pupils become more distinct and the veins near their temples bulge. To activate the dōjutsu, Hyuga but not Ōtsutsuki clan members are initially obliged to use a rather long and specific sequence of handseals: Horse → Tiger → Boar → Hare → Rat → Dog → Horse → Dog → Hare → Rat → Boar → Snake. But once activated, the dōjutsu user is endowed with a range of skills.

To start, an activated Byakugan gives the user a near 360º diameter field of vision bar one blind spot at the back of the neck, above the first thoracic vertebra. Its vision can penetrate through any solid objects or obstructions, and likewise remains unaffected by blinding interferences. But that being said, certain barriers and the like may distort its perception. In addition, it is able to follow high-speed movements, which enables those with this dōjutsu to analyze their foes' actions and better react to them. The Byakugan is also able to see chakra to a higher degree than the Sharingan and ergo, identify where a person's chakra signature originates from. Beyond that, it can discern certain types of clones from the real person. And its ability to see chakra is in fact so acute that those who possess this dōjutsu are even able to see the chakra pathway system and the 361 tenketsu that comprise it. The Hyūga clan has gone so far as to develop their unique Gentle Fist style in order to capitalize on this particular ability.

Note: Hyuga clan bios of at least Sannin rank become able to passively activate their dōjutsu upon one month having passed since Gentle Fist training concluded. Ōtsutsuki bios never need to expend a move in order to activate it.
Note: While traversing the NW, bios with activated Byakugan are able to see up to two 2 adjacent landmarks away while those of sage rank can see as far as three away, but this doesn't extend beyond an ocean landmark.

(Jūken: Ichigekimi) - Gentle Fist: One blow Body
Chakra: 30
Damage: 60
Description: A technique born from the Hyuga clan's intrinsic ability to expel chakra from every tenketsu on their body, a clan member can hit their opponent with a blast of chakra that will send them flying away from the user. It was also shown that this technique can be used with pin-point accuracy to target the weak point of a technique exemplified when Neji Hyūga was trapped by Kisame Hoshigaki's Water Prison Technique, and was able to dispel it.

(Katon: Suisei Dengeki)- Fire Release: Comet Blitz
Type: Attack
Chakra Cost: 40
Damage: 80
Description: The user forms 3 handseals and exhales a meteor-sized fireball at the opponent trailed by several smaller fireballs that can be used to attack multiple targets. They can all be manipulated freely.
-Usable 2 times per battle
-No A-rank or higher fire jutsu next turn
-Can only be taught by Katonpwnz

(Doton: Chidōkaku) - Earth Release: Moving Earth Core (2)
Type: Supplementary/Defensive
Chakra: 30
Description: The user slams his hands on the ground and lowers or raises the ground in the surrounding area at high speeds, allowing them to create giant holes in the ground or avoid attacks. The size of the affected area as well as the depths that it is lowered to is up to the user and rasing earth can be done up to 20 meters tall creating a small cliff or they can create trenches that can be as deep as 20 meters. Other than being moved below ground relative to the surrounding surface the terrain is not altered, plant life and people retaining their same positions.

(Raiton: Gian) - Lightning Style: False Darkness
Chakra: 40
Damage: 80
Descripton: The user, after performing the Snake handseal, emits lightning in the shape of a spear from their hands or mouth which then pierces the enemy. Kakuzu, the original user, shoots the technique from his Lightning mask's mouth. Its destructive power is great enough to even pierce through rock; meaning it has a high killing potential. The user can increase the number of spears to attack multiple enemies by branching the main spear. This, coupled with the sheer speed of the lightning, makes it a difficult technique to evade. This strong attack can be defended against by an equally strong attack of the same element such as Raikiri.

( Ninpou: Choujuu Giga ) - Ninja Art Beast Imitation
Type:Supplementary/Offensive
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30
Description: The user uses his Ink to draw several animals that can attack, bind, and allow the user to fly. These animals can range from variety but cannot exceed 5 meters in size.
Note: Creates up to 5 animals.

Chakra: 1200 - 5 - 30 - 40 - 30 - 30 - 40 - 15 = 1010

~End of mission~

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Coming from here

Still flying atop his ink creation, Ryuu cruised along now, scanning everything below him. Then on second thought, he decided it would be better to go down to the ground to attract less attention if he was going to be targeted again. Upon making gentle contact with the ground, the ink user dispersed his bird, continuing on foot as he, for the first time since the cataclysm, looked around the place he had once called his...

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Gaining a lot of news through mingling with people, some of which he was a little confused about, but some of which he could act upon now, Ryuu decided to head further up north, away from his previously owned lands, in pursuit of a rift. He had never been to one before, but had heard of them, opening that could transport you to another place or time. Curious, the Hyūga made his way over.

~Leaving LM