Legendary
Kin
81💸
Kumi
20,713💴
Awards
Thread starter #1
Wonju

Home to only a small number of large cattle farms and a few smaller, now largely abandoned, ports along the coastline Wonju is sparsely populated and largely consists of flat grassland, but the reputation of its beef is stellar.

Zero Kelvin

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
1,000💴
Awards
Washing over the blood and dirt from his attire, John continues his journey onward from the farm, heading towards the port leading to Hanguri Golf. Still extremely fatigued, he moves forward onto the supposedly "friendly" communities of Kurikita.

(Traveling to Landmark 22)

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
193💸
Kumi
6,810💴
https://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=755839&p=21828953&viewfull=1#post21828953

This post marks the beginning of my (our) mission using these storyboard elements:
-Explore a landmark (1)
-Solve a problem for a settlement in one of your landmarks (2)
-Convince a criminal to confess (3)

Summary: Kagari (Astra's fourth Star) takes the scenic route through Wonju and meets a troubled farmer whose valuable cattle is being targeted. Kagari is hired to protect them and when nightfall comes he must drive off bandits and find out the real purpose behind the attack. Also claiming the landmark.

[RP begins here]

Kagari briefly tipped his shades and looked ahead of him. The dirt road he was strolling down stretched endlessly into the distance. Everything does when there's no buildings or trees to get in the way. Vast swathes of grassland dominated the landscape like an enourmous green blanket was draped over it. Occasionally he came across a cart led by oxen hauling both supplies and people through Wonju and he would hitch a ride until he saw a new path that showed promise. Kagari could have easily summoned a flying creature to get him anywhere fast but he had time to kill and he still queasy from his hangover. Why complain when you don't feel fatigue?

This path took Kagari near the ocean and past a lonely looking port. Only a couple of small fishing boats sat by one of the only piers still standing, the wood worn out by time. It looked like whoever was in charge of maintaining the port had given up a long time ago had no idea what they were doing. Kagari shook his head. "Hmph. What a waste." He wished he could have seen what it was like when it was florishing, if it ever was. Beyond the rough shore lay the Hanguri gulf. Kagari didn't know where the tiny ships in the distance were going but he knew they wouldn't give this meager port the light of day. He created a sign out of discarded wood and nails. He secured it to the pier and carved words into it. [Under Ownership of Kaizen for Future Development]

As the sky began to dim, Kagari reached the edge of a large farm. He had transformed his clothes into his usual black suit since he wasn't going to talk business without looking put together. A number of farmhands were hastily leading cattle back from neighboring pastures. Down the road ahead of him he spied someone hiding behind a fence post watching them work. The figure apparently noticed Kagari because they shifted suddenly and disappeared from view. Then he heard a shout.

"Hey you! Orange hair! Did you see someone just now?!" A man came stomping toward Kagari from the farm. He looked older than the other workers, and louder. Kagari grinned. "Sure did. I saw you, him, that fellow-" Kagari couldn't finish pointing out obvious people because the man was already inches from his face, leaning over the fence that separated them and pointing in the direction the figure was at. "OUT. THERE. SMARTASS." "Oh THAT guy. Yes, I did see someone watching you guys from the shadows. Quite shady if you ask me. Are you the owner of this farm?" The man stood up strait and crossed his arms. He was pretty tall. "This is a ranch, boy. THE finest ranch in the whole peninsula. And yes, i own it." "Excellent. You're just the person i was looking for. You see..." The rancher had already began walking back to the farm while shouting orders to his workers to hurry. "I'm a ninja of the Kaizen clan! I can solve your little stalker problem and then some!" The rancher stopped and marched back to Kagari. "Come in."

(Henge no Jutsu) - Transformation Technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra: 5
Damage: N/A
Description: A Ninjutsu technique, which every ninja learns at the Ninja Academy. Henge allows the ninja to transform themselves into any person or object. This allows the ninja to move with stealth or to trick their opponents.
~Continued in the next part

Last edited:

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
193💸
Kumi
6,810💴
Kagari sat on a fence post in front of an enormous barn searching the surrounding darkness. The sun had already dipped below the horizon and the only source of light was a pair of lanterns hanging nearby. Between the barn and him a dozen cows ripe for slaughter were assembled. If their beef was as luxurious as the proud rancher claimed then they would make good bait. He was certain he was being monitored so the rest of his preparations were made in secret. Only thing left to do was wait for an answer to his invitation.

Before long, tiny specks of light began twinkling in the distance. As they grew closer and more defined Kagari recognized the shape of weapons glinting in the light of the lanterns. Kagari eagerly pushed himself off the pole. “Welcome...Wang gang? Is that right?” Something long and narrow shot at him from the darkness and he crouched under it as casually as tying his shoe. Kagari looked up to find a green spear wobbling above his head, stuck in a post that had been nearly split in two. “We are the Huang...” Three bandits walked into the light each wearing a green spear and a rice hat. “...and we’ll be taking those cows off your hands.” Their appearance matched the description Kagari got from the rancher. He’d explained that the Huang, notorious for thievery and making holes in things, had been sighted nearby. So it was up to Kagari to protect the precious cattle. “Alright then. Make a line and i’ll take you on one at a time.” They chuckled to themselves before charging at Kagari with their spears. Kagari loosened his tie and wrenched a spear from the post beside him. “Have it your way.”

The bandits thrust their weapons with deadly precision at Kagari, rapidly alternating their attacks into an endless stream. Kagari shifted this way and that, stylishly weaving around the sharp points chasing him. What he couldn’t dodge he deflected with his own spear and a harsh clang would ring through the night air. It seemed they were trying to pin him down with an unexpected display of coordination that have Kagari little room to launch an attack of his own. However, Kagari’s keen eye ascertained a trend in the bandits’ attacks. When the next attack came, Kagari ducked and swung at the legs of the one who usually attacked next, making him back off, while simultaneously striking the first one in the hand with the base of the spear. He cried out, dropping his weapon as Kagari punched him across the face and darted behind him. When the others approached, Kagari held the first bandit in between them while strangling him with a spear pole. He had them now.

Meanwhile, at the barn…

A lone woman sneaked through the barn window and looked around. The barn was enormous. Below her a dizzying number of cattle slept either lined up in pens or lying randomly about. Walking down the wall, she stopped when she came across a particular section of the barn where a few bulls were kept. “There you are.” She was glad she memorized their location beforehand. Now she didn’t have to waste time searching in the dark while the Huang dealt with the guard. She crouched down next to one of the bulls and took out a small vial along with a syringe. After piercing the top of the vial with the needle she slowly pulled back on the plunger to suck in some of the liquid inside. It was when she put the vial away that she was struck hard from behind and lost unconscious.

Minutes later, she woke up with a start and tried to move only to realize she was tied to a post with ropes. She began molding chakra for an escape technique when she saw a pair of big blue eyes glowing ominously in the dark. “Don’t even think about using a jutsu, sweetheart.” The voice came from behind her, a man’s voice. She was certain no one else entered the barn after Kagari left but she couldn't know about the two Stars summoned previously lying in wait for her. “H-how’d you get in here?!” “Shh...keep it down.” His voice was low and gentle, almost soothing. “Sorry for hitting you earlier. Keeping these cattle safe is my #1 priority right now. You don’t know how disastrous it would be if a fight broke out in the here. An astronomical expense.” He stood beside her, just outside her peripheral vision, lamenting over the hypothetical damages. “Kaizen?” “...Call me Astra. I have some questions for you. You can answer them however you want. Once i’m done i’ll let you go back to your business. Sound good you you?” She was silent, hesitant. “Need time to think it over? Alright. I can play with this in the meantime.” The woman felt something sharp prick her shoulder and looked over to see her syringe, the very same one she’d filled earlier. Her blood ran cold. “Wait...please...stop...” She didn’t dare move. “Hmm? Why? How else will i find out what this liquid does? Testing it on an animal would be inhumane. So, testing it on a human would be...” “That logic doesn’t even--! Look...i’ll tell you everything. So don’t...” He stared at her for a moment. She looked more pissed off than scared. “Are you sure?” “Yes.” No hesitation. No sign of deceit. He removed the syringe, then untied her. “Excellent. Please continue.”

Jutsu used by this point:
(Kuchiyose no Jutsu) - Summoning Technique
Type: Defense/Attack/Suplementary
Range: N/A
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage points: N/A
Description:
To summon the creature the ninja will wipe blood on his hand, perform the Boar → Dog → Bird → Monkey → Ram handseals and then touch the ground or another object, where a sealing formula will appear. Though it appears that as long as significant pressure is placed against the blood in some form, the summon will be complete, most summoning uses use a solid surface, though in some cases it can even be done mid air. There can be variations to the summoning steps, some ninja like Temari will wipe blood on her fan, then by swinging the fan the animal is summoned. Other ninja like Orochimaru wipe the blood across a snake tattoo on their arm first, then touch the ground. Others will clap their hands directly like Nagato through the use of his Animal Path. The user must have signed the contract with the creature he wants to summon but the technique can be used to summon a generic creature of that contract (B-Rank) which will have no special traits or abilities beyond those normal to the rest of the animals in the contract. The animal is always summoned on the mark that appears upon slamming the users hand or, if not the case, always in short range of the user.

Back outside...

Kagari smirked from behind his hostage at the two bandits who had their spears trained on him. “Woah, that’s dangerous. Keep pointing those sticks over here and you might poke an eye out. Help me out, would you?” *choking noises* “You heard him. Put down your weapons and fuck off.” The two bandits moved to place their spears on the ground but their expressions weren’t those of concern. In fact, they looked as confident as they always did. Suddenly, one of them opened his mouth and spat a globule of mud toward his head. Kagari tried to block it with the hostage but the shot covered both their heads in sticky mud. “Hahahaha! Now you’re dead!” Unable to see, Kagari let go of the hostage and stepped back. That’s when the ground erupted behind him and a spear came out, stabbing him through the back. Another bandit emerged from the ground. “Got him. We’re done here.” As if on cue, the ground beneath the bait cows caved in and a pile of distressed cows fell onto a pair of carts waiting for them beneath the surface. The two carts sped down two tunnels formed underground. The Huang were feeling really proud of themselves until the realization hit. “Tsk tsk. Can’t even recognize one of your own? That’s embarrassing.” Kagari removed the mud-covered rice hat from his head and wiped the rest from his face. He gave an impish grin as everyone looked over at the blood covered spear protruding from the chest of the bandit Kagari was holding hostage just a moment before. What?! It was a simple trick, substituting himself with his hostage at the last minute. As for how a blind man could do this in the first place, he had the shared vision of the Rinnegan to thank for that. Kagari summoned four Stars in the barn earlier, not just two, and the ones who have been watching the entire time were disguised as cows. They were led out of the barn by Kagari while hiding among other bait cows. While the bandits were still stunned, Kagari flicked a flash bomb into the air, bathing everything in a brilliant white. When they could see again, a everything was pitch black. What little light shone from the lanterns was eclipsed by a huge creature covered in shadow looming over them. It took one step with its heavy hoof and that alone was enough to make the bandits piss themselves and run as fast as they could carrying their spears and single casualty with them. When dark creature, really a giant ox, disappeared, only Kagari remained.

Red=npc jutsu

(Henge no Jutsu) - Transformation Technique x2
Description: A Ninjutsu technique, which every ninja learns at the Ninja Academy. Henge allows the ninja to transform themselves into any person or object. This allows the ninja to move with stealth or to trick their opponents.

(Doton: Dorosandan) – Earth Release: Mudshot
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 15
Damage: 10
Description: The user spits a thick globule of mud at the target. If aimed correctly, it can blind the target's vision and choke them. It can also be used to create a sticky patch on the ground.

(Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding Like A Mole Technique
Range: Long
Description: The user changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. While underground one can sense what is happening on the surface and use the information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. Once can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy cant reach. It also appears that after digging, the ground can be returned to its original state, leaving no trace of where the user entered the earth. While inside the earth, the user cannot make handseals and can only use Earth techniques below C-Rank. If he tries to do a higher ranked technique, he'll disrupt the Hiding like a mole technique and be left crushed.

(Doton: Ton'neru chika no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Tunneling Technique
Range: Short-Long
Description: The user after performing the required hand seals Ram → Dog → Rat → Bird is able to create a wide tunnel in the ground, this cannot travel through rock though or anything with a high density. The large tunnel that is created allows the user to transport others without detection.
Note: The initial entry of the technique is short range.

(Kawarimi no Jutsu) - Change of Body Stance Technique
Description: Kawarimi no Jutsu is a basic Ninjutsu technique. When in danger the ninja will quickly substitute themselves with another nearby object. This can be a block of wood or even another person. This allows the ninja to quickly flee and hide while the original object takes the brunt of their opponents attack. The technique is a mix between high speed movement and the use of the transformation technique but has its limits.

(Kuchiyose no Jutsu: Kyojin Oushi) - Summoning Technique: Giant Ox
Chakra Cost: 30
Description: With an appearance similar to a normal ox, this summon has a number of body piercings, along with Rinnegan. This summon, by its sheer size possessed a great deal of brute strength. Also, because it has Rinnegan eyes, it possessed a field of shared vision with Nagato. It has a high resistance to damage, being able to shrug off attacks of B rank and below and can once per battle ram and break through up to an S-Rank physical technique.
Note: can only be summoned by Uzumaki Nagato and 6 Paths of Pein bios.
Note: can only be summoned once

Beneath the surface, two bandits of the Huang were driving a cart down a subterranean tunnel, hooting and hollering in celebration of another job well done. This was a tactic they used often for heavy targets. It takes too much effort to load things onto a cart, why not let gravity do all the work? They were drooling, talking about how good the meat would be when one of the cows in the cart became a man in a suit and launched a surprise attack on the bandits. Those on the other cart received a similar surprise. In short, the bandits were easily defeated and the cows were returned to the ranch safe and sound.

The barn, once again...

“So you’re saying the secret to his spectacular beef is animal sex?” “I’m telling you, that’s not what i said.” She sounded exhausted and was turning red trying to explain things to Astra but she would try one more time. “The owner of this ranch has, intentionally or not, has gathered the ideal combination of bulls and cows to produce the best offspring for beef cattle. It called selective breeding.” Astra raised his hand like he had a question. “Wait till i'm finished finished. So, a foreign competitor jealous of the rancher’s success has hired me to sabotage the ranch by poisoning his bulls which are of a particularly rare breed and few in number. Now, i don’t know what’s in the poison or how it works but it’s supposed to slowly kill them over time without any early signs of illness. That way, it would be harder for anyone to suspect foul play. I needed a distraction to get in and out of here unnoticed so i convinced the Huang to steal some cows for money. They’ve probably already done their part, unlike me. Argh! What am i going to do now?! No one is supposed to know about this!“ “Oh, don’t worry, i won’t tell the rancher about this. Actually, go ahead and finish your job. Pretend you never saw me.” She looked both confused and suspicious. “Huh? Why? What do you want?” “Half your pay.” “What?! I need that to live!” “Fine. Come to Kurikita in a few weeks and we can work it out then. For now, just give me your name.” She paused. He held up the syringe. “It's Mercury.” “Mercury...alright, i’ll try and remember that.” With that, Mercury the saboteur finished poisoning the bulls and left the ranch not knowing Astra had already poisoned her when she was unconscious so they could be sure they would see her again. Before the night was over, Astra filled in the tunnels with earth ninjutsu and secretly cured the poisoned bulls with the Naraka path.

(Doton: Doryū Jōheki) - Earth Release: Earth Flow Rampart
Type: Supplementary/ Defensive
Chakra: 20
Description: By performing the Tiger hand seal the user then makes a gigantic rampart rise up beneath the user's feet, by shaping the ground and increasing the amount of earth with chakra. Depending on what the user imagines, the shape of the rampart can be anything from level ground to a steep, needle-like mountain. If the user increases the volume of earth too much, he can be forced to keep his chakra consumption down. The user can combine this jutsu with Water Style: Waterfall Basin Technique to create a waterfall.

(Kuchiyose no Jutsu: Kukuou Makai) – Summoning Technique King Of Hell
Type: Offensive, Supplementary
Chakra cost: 40
Damage points: N/A
Description:
A demonic figure, the King of Hell is the connection between the user and the Underworld (or world of the dead). It can be used by two paths for different purposes. When used by the Naraka Path, it's used for interrogation or regeneration. When implemented on a target, a serpent-like apparition of their life force energy, in the form of an enlarged tongue emerges from their mouth and is presented to the figure. It then proceeds to pass its judgement on the victim. If they are lying (or refuse to answer the question), their life force energy is ripped out by its two hand-shaped tongues and consumed, leading to the victim's death. If the victim says the truth, she's left drained and tired but otherwise unharmed. For its second ability, the King of Hell can regenerate injured ninjas or summons and even repair the other Paths in the case of the 6 Paths of Pein bio. The restored target is consumed and brought back as it was during its prime. The user can, through the Outer Path, use the King of Hell to give life back to the dead, exerting true and absolute control over life and death. Only those on which the King of Hell is used can see it, except when its used for the (Gedō: Rinne Tensei no Jutsu) Outer Path: Samsara of Heavenly Life Technique. Like any being linked to the Rinnegan user, the King of Hell also manifests the Rinnegan and shares his vision with the user.
Note: Can only be used thrice for interrogation
Note: The Regeneration ability can only be used 3 times on others and only once on the user himself.
Note: 6 Paths of Pein bios can regenerate damaged paths 4 times per battle.
Note: Can only be summoned by either the (Jigokudō) - Naraka Path or with it active or after activating the Outer Path.
Note: Lasts 2 turns.

Kagari met with the rancher again the next morning, telling him a fictional tale about how he fought off a bandit battalion by himself. The rancher was impressed and offered to pay him in beef, which he gladly accepted and had shipped off to Kurikita’s meat market to a man named Rou. With one promise kept, Astra (sans Human Path) continued northward.

~Mission End~

~Leaving LM

Last edited:
Top Bottom