[Discussion] Why Rin's death is a huge joke

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thinking about it. That was a very bad plan. If they released the 3 tails wouldn't the leaf ninjas just seal the dam beast within someone else. They were just throwing their tailed beast away. So they killed their hokage, jinchuriki to just throw it away.

Well at least we know why the 3 tails ran free

thegame

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It wasn't stated they let Rin know about it, it was just stated that Rin knew about it. She could have gained this knowledge without Mist knowing about it.
Well, they had her captive, they sure are stupid, if they did it in a way, where they thought she wouldn't find out. Also as I said, they had her captive. We know what sort of techniques Konoha has. Like taking over people's mind etc.. It can't be just Konoha having such kind of abilities. Even if it's restricted to a clan, similar abilities must exist within every great village, or they'd be no match for Konoha. So they should had been able to do something, so the plan would go smooth...

Konoha could handle Kurama with NO MAJOR damage? It was the most damaging incident that ever happened in Konoha apart from Pain's attack. However, since Pain revived absolutely everybody after his assault, I would even say that Kurama's rampage was worse.
Not really, it's not like the village was "wide open" for attacks. Surely some died, but it's not like it did collateral damage to the village. Surely it was a terrible incident, since they lost a fine hokage, but he didn't really die, because of Kurama alone... So it's incomparable. Fact is still, if Minato would be around, he could move it out before a single person died. That dude must have several seals all over Konoha, and probably also at borders around Konoha. I bet every guard would even carry a seal, I mean it's the perfect way to defend the village. And people from Yamanaka clan can easily reach him very fast and call him. It's a matter of seconds before he is in control of the situation.

Sanbi might not have dealt as much damage as Kurama, but it would still be a hit to Konoha - an opportunity Mist could use to attack the village themselves.
Surely with right planning it could work, but seeing how it failed, it's just a ridicules plan, and it's unlikely to happen in the well made up narutoverse. It's actually contradictory to previous events thought up by Kishi..

No, I actually liked this explanation MUCH MUCH better than stupid theories about Rin being a spy or Kakashi killing her to protect intel.
Don't get me wrong. It's a nice idea, that they wanted to use her as a weapon against leaf, but the way it was set up was amateurish and stupid. I liked the idea of Rin being a jinchuriki, but kidnapping her and turning her into a jinchuriki in a short time seems stupid and unrealistic. I can think of many other ways, Kishi could have done this and came out with no problems for the plot or the time line. So unless he has a further plan with this, it's one of the most stupid ideas he ever came up with, IMO.

MissShakra

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i think its obvious (though could be wrong) that
a) madara had a huge part in this...somehow..maybe he was using the whole mist village, just the mizukage? theres either something about obito (which seems true) that made madara target him and want him and therefore destroyed his life by whatever means to get him (by getting him "killed", saving him, doing whatever to the mist to get them to target rin...something) I dont think this village, despite being somewhat pathetic did this intentionally necessarily because the bijuu would have been a powerful asset to keep and not just throw away literally in hopes that Rin would go back to the leaf and happily ever after, leafs destroyed.
B) if they did plan for that attack to really happen like it seems, then they def didnt bank on her knowing what had happened to her to even throw herself in harms way to kill herself. we dont know much about her, so i could be going out on a limb, but i think there easily could be more to Rin than we know...why was she targeted? if it isnt simply all apart of madaras big plan then there has to be something more special about her because they also wanted her body...otherwise i think they only wanted it because madara might use her against obito eventually, somehow, if he doesnt do what madara asks

aimop95

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, so couldn't Kumo, but they just kept trying new vessels hoping for the right one to come a long. A jinchuriki isn't a weapon, unless it can use control the beasts powers to some degree. Throwing it away stupidly like that would be pathetic.

Minato alone, as I said, could place 3 toads on it, and he could take away any TBB. And surely Konoha would have a way to notify him, even if he wasn't in town.
It wouldn't be throwing away a tailed beast. You seem to think that Minato dealt with Tailed Beasts like it was a walk in the park. Last Time I checked, the last tailed beast he ever met face to face killed him. You have to remember that these creatures were war changers. Yes, it'd be preferable for a Jinchuriki to be able to control the beast. But as living time bombs, they worked just as well.

The 9 tails is reputed to be quite powerful. But even Gamabunta had A LOT of difficulty facing off the One Tail. Actually, Gamabunta got beaten up so badly he had to leave back to his world. These beasts are dangerous beyond measure.

Shinato

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The plan actually makes a decent amount of sense, and I think I can explain it decently enough.

1. The reason they would send the Bijuu out of the village even if it was the greatest weapon they had, is quite simple really. A weapon is meant to be used, and a weapon cannot be used while is lying around collection dust. They tried to use the weapon they had, and they failed at it. The reason they used a Leaf Shinobi as Rin to seal the Bijuu inside was so that the Bijuu could get unnoticed into the village and start a rampage, which is why the high leveled shinobi was chasing her. The Mist Shinobi that was chasing her so that they could force her into the village if she tired to escape and if she died they were to take her body back to retrieve the weapon. Its like throwing your sword as the last resort in battle and you will have to go and pick that sword up again.

2. It would make a difference, it would limit the resources and shinobi they had left. If the Bijuu could remove a set amount of % of the current Shinobi and resources that Konoha had left. It would open the chance for the Mist to launch a full scale attack on Konoha and most likely win. Kurama (under the control of Obito) did major damage to the Leaf and killed a Hokage. If the 3-Tails could do that, just in a little bit smaller scale it would have been enough to launch an attack on the village. Wearing out your enemy then attack at full force is one of the most basic tactics in war.

Reactions: Pekoms

Sarahmint

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's the stereotypical Asian Suicide Action Female.

I'm impressed she is a jinchuriki, but equally disappointed that she took her position as a reason to suicide. She did not embrace the beast within her, rather rendered herself powerless.