Uzumaki Death god

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What? So because I'm a member of a Naruto Forum I'm not allowed to like something more than Naruto?

How stupid is your reasoning?
The shows are waaaaaaay darker than anything introduced in Naruto.

Naruto is an ok Anime. But compared to LoK and TLA it fails in comparison.
Hahaha way darker, saying you're pushing it is an understatement.

OT:last airbender is brilliant. all the main characters are well developed and the plot is so engaging.The story is so good it doesn't even need a shit load of fights to save it.I didn't like korra as I found it boring not dark and overall just childish only saw the the first book

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
what you just told everyone here is that you have a fairly shitty kind of judgement.

"childish" "lack of depth" "deep story" "no development"

unless you're joking then well done, you got a lot of people including me.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
And that would destroy your childhood how, Steven?
Oh shit, Riker putting out the government name, he's serious now. I can't speak for everyone but personally I don't care what any new character does or is, but that doesn't mean I have to like or support every character change either. I find it funny people get very worked up about straight white culture stealing their characters but then call any opposition when they do the same in return racist, how is it any different than those complaining about Scarlett Johannsen being cast for ghost in the Shell? Does being Japanese affect the character's story? Character's shouldn't be so drastically changed and that goes for any race or orientation, would it be ok to make Staic white because being black doesn't actually affect his story or retcon Northstar being gay and saying all this time he was brainwashed, imo no it wouldn't.

Sex

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh shit, Riker putting out the government name, he's serious now. I can't speak for everyone but personally I don't care what any new character does or is, but that doesn't mean I have to like or support every character change either. I find it funny people get very worked up about straight white culture stealing their characters but then call any opposition when they do the same in return racist, how is it any different than those complaining about Scarlett Johannsen being cast for ghost in the Shell? Does being Japanese affect the character's story? Character's shouldn't be so drastically changed and that goes for any race or orientation, would it be ok to make Staic white because being black doesn't actually affect his story or retcon Northstar being gay and saying all this time he was brainwashed, imo no it wouldn't.
Michael B. Jordan as Human Torch was a horrendous decision as well. "Let's completely change a character to please certain communities or follow the current public trend or political agenda."

Inb4 Asian guy used for Captain America.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Oh shit, Riker putting out the government name, he's serious now. I can't speak for everyone but personally I don't care what any new character does or is, but that doesn't mean I have to like or support every character change either.
I didn't say you have to like or support it. I'm asking why would the change be grounds for dislike.

I find it funny people get very worked up about straight white culture stealing their characters but then call any opposition when they do the same in return racist, how is it any different than those complaining about Scarlett Johannsen being cast for ghost in the Shell?
There are several things wrong with this here.

1. This is implies that Batman and Superman were created specifically to be "white culture," which isn't true. Characters like Batman and Superman weren't created to serve any purpose in ethnic culture, they were created to be universally appreciated and be entertained by. Hence why aspects of the characters change drastically throughout the years, including skin color(there have been black Supermen before).

2. The reason people are opposed to a character who was not originally white, male and straight being made into these things is that there is a history of systematic oppression meant to benefit white, straight, males. There has been a history of characters who aren't white, straight, males being underrepresented in the media, and when they are included, have been represented as archetypes, caricatures, or stereotypes, rather than with ingenuity, genuine, and realistic. The fact that white, straight males have nothing to gain from making a character into these things when they were not so originally because they have been massively represented in the media is why there's negative backlash when it happens.

Does being Japanese affect the character's story?
I wouldn't know, I haven't seen or read Ghost in The Shell, but the fact that they're casting a white woman in a role with a Japanese name is indeed stupid, and that can't be denied.

Character's shouldn't be so drastically changed and that goes for any race or orientation, would it be ok to make Staic white because being black doesn't actually affect his story
The keyword here is "drastic." Making Superman or Batman gay or black wouldn't be drastic changes their characters because what makes Batman Batman and what makes Superman Superman would still be intact if they were gay or black, or anything other than straight white males.

For example, Batman's character is defined by being a vigilante because he was was emotionally and mentally scarred by a particular trauma that has led to him developing a severe hero complex that drives him to protect the innocent and punish criminals and the "bad" by whatever means necessary while following a specific moral code.
Make Batman gay, and you lose none of that. Make Batman a woman, you lose none of that. Make Batman black, and you lose none of that. So any outrage against Batman being made any of those would be stupid.

As far as I'm aware, writers HAVE made being black a part of Static's character, using him to address issues of race, so yes, making Static white would be a drastic change in character.

Last edited:

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hahaha way darker, saying you're pushing it is an understatement.

OT:last airbender is brilliant. all the main characters are well developed and the plot is so engaging.The story is so good it doesn't even need a shit load of fights to save it.I didn't like korra as I found it boring not dark and overall just childish only saw the the first book
@bold and underlined
That's the problem. The show gets way better with every season, season 3 and 4 are brilliant. Not to compare with the first two seasons. It's almost like a new series. You can't judge a story if you only read/watch the first chapter.

123fire

Supreme
Kin
20💸
Kumi
-33💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I bet this guy has an Obito plumeau case, an Obito pyjama, an Obito backpack, an Obito toothbrush, Obito socks, Obito poster all over his bedroom walls and dozens of other cringe-worthy merchandise. I also find it funny how we are not allowed to be on a Naruto-forum if Naruto isn't the best show ever created in our opinion.

Do you have any other interests besides Obito/Naruto?
I only have 4 naruto volumes thats all naruto related i have in my room REKT. Liking a character doesn't mean this...

Umari Senju

Legendary
Kin
238💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I actually agree with what you're saying here. While I get gender swapping/orientation/ ethnicity change is a thing to do with older heroes nowadays. It doesn't always work, when a certain character and his/her background and culture have already been established. While I understand these are new concepts for new generations, you somewhat do those old timers who grew up with one version of a super hero a disservice by changing an established name for the sake of the younger generation.

Again I could care less either way but introducing new characters with more modern personas seems to go okay overall. But some characters should just be left alone, while others could use a welcomed change.

Michael B. Jordan as Human Torch was a horrendous decision as well. "Let's completely change a character to please certain communities or follow the current public trend or political agenda."

Inb4 Asian guy used for Captain America.
And how his sister was a completely different ethnicity was pretty bad too. I would have been okay with the color change had they BOTH. Been the same ethnicity. Sue and Johnny are biologically birthed from the same mother and father. Don't know what they were going for in that latest rendition lol

Last edited by a moderator:

ToshiZO

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because it has a well written story and it's fresh. I just love it. Aang, Toph, Sokka, and Katara were my favs. the adventures they had were fun and Aang went through a lot of struggle accepting who he was. Then came Korra, who I was fond of at first until that horrible ending when the LGBT agenda had to force her to become a lesbo

:kk:
I agree it felt way too random. If it was properly written I wouldn't have a problem with it. It just came out of left field imo.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
I agree it felt way too random. If it was properly written I wouldn't have a problem with it. It just came out of left field imo.
It actually wasn't tbvh. If I recall correctly, over the course of the show, Korra and Asami were actually forming a bond that stemmed from their mutual break-ups with Mako. They were spending time together and Korra helped comfort her when they found out their father's true nature. When Korra was disabled and despondent, Asami remained by her side to nurse and support her emotionally. Asami was the one Korra vented to about her fears and inability to enter the Avatar state at a few points. What we all thought was a development of platonic friendship was just a red herring and was actually the development of romance the entire time. And it's very genuine, considering that most shows shoehorn in romance as "love at first sight," when this love developed over the course of years and years of emotional support and investment.

It's kinda funny that people said it was "out of nowhere" when if they had made it obvious that they were falling in love, a lot of those same people would have said "They're shoving gay in our face." Just like in this thread.

milkydean

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree on the fact that Air bender is not remotely close to Naruto. Naruto have tons of characters and tons of plotlines and the good ones are far better than airbender. I havent seen Korra so cant say about it.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm a relative person. As a result I have often difficulties to state things like what's my favourite or my number one as it depends on the situation. The Avatar-franchise however is one of the few exceptions as I can say without a shred of doubt that it's my favourite animated series of all time. The animation, story, characters, development, underlying themes etc. are all top-notch. In the end of course this is something subjective and personal, that someone has a different opinion is understandable. However having another opinion and not being able to apprehend other people's opinions are two completely different things.

You are either a troll or you are an extremely superficial person with barely or no comprehensive abilities at all as even someone who doesn't like the Avatar-series, should be able to understand why it's so popular. This becomes painfully obvious in your replies, which are shallow, short, weak, irrelevant or plainly wrong. Saying that your highly subjective opinion about a few series are facts, is something a child would do. Frankly you don't seem to know anything at all about what you are saying. Someone who watched and understood both TLa as LoK would never use the word "childish"; TLA and LoK don't look similar. Not too long ago I made a about the latter series.

The only thing you seem to be doing, is being both passive and aggressive. You are criticizing a series you clearly know nothing about, but immediately jump on anyone who has a different opinion that is not favorable for you. In the end the only thing you want is that people follow your opinions completely and you attack everyone who does not despite having no sensible arguments to support either. This is how children reason: "I am right and everyone else is wrong".

Reactions: DominiqueX

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I didn't say you have to like or support it. I'm asking why would the change be grounds for dislike.

There are several things wrong with this here.

1. This is implies that Batman and Superman were created specifically to be "white culture," which isn't true. Characters like Batman and Superman weren't created to serve any purpose in ethnic culture, they were created to be universally appreciated and be entertained by. Hence why aspects of the characters change drastically throughout the years, including skin color(there have been black Supermen before).

2. The reason people are opposed to a character who was not originally white, male and straight being made into these things is that there is a history of systematic oppression meant to benefit white, straight, males. There has been a history of characters who aren't white, straight, males being underrepresented in the media, and when they are included, have been represented as archetypes, caricatures, or stereotypes, rather than with ingenuity, genuine, and realistic. The fact that white, straight males have nothing to gain from making a character into these things when they were not so originally because they have been massively represented in the media is why there's negative backlash when it happens.

I wouldn't know, I haven't seen or read Ghost in The Shell, but the fact that they're casting a white woman in a role with a Japanese name is indeed stupid, and that can't be denied.

The keyword here is "drastic." Making Superman or Batman gay or black wouldn't be drastic changes their characters because what makes Batman Batman and what makes Superman Superman would still be intact if they were gay or black, or anything other than straight white males.

For example, Batman's character is defined by being a vigilante because he was was emotionally and mentally scarred by a particular trauma that has led to him developing a severe hero complex that drives him to protect the innocent and punish criminals and the "bad" by whatever means necessary while following a specific moral code.
Make Batman gay, and you lose none of that. Make Batman a woman, you lose none of that. Make Batman black, and you lose none of that. So any outrage against Batman being made any of those would be stupid.

As far as I'm aware, writers HAVE made being black a part of Static's character, using him to address issues of race, so yes, making Static white would be a drastic change in character.
I personally have no problems with scarlett playing major.As you said unless explicitly stated race doesn't define a character.