Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you ask me there are a few reasons.

One it's not violent enough.

a other is that they really like the game they made themselves more (american football)

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
I just get urked when my american friends start talking about football and actually mean that dull sport called Rugby. Whats worse they know nothing about soccer.

I played soccer half my life, among other sports, and by all rational, and emotional conclusion, Soccer is the most exhilarating and amazing sport with more room for improvement and depth than any other sport i can think of aside from martial arts.

If NB is anything like i remember it, theres gonna be some tantrums in the replies lmao
American football and Rugby are different sports thou. Also, Soccer is pretty popular in the State as the have their own league called MLS. The league has a lot of player from Europe, has a pretty wide fan base, and almost every state has its own team. Naturally it isn’t as popular as the NFL or the baseball leagues, but they sell out stadiums on multiple occasions. It might just be that your friends are interested in Soccer.

I’m a huge football fan and I’ve played CDM since I was a kid. I love it. Heck I even agree with you on the points you made about room for improvement and such. Who knows, maybe in a few years it’ll get more popular than it is now.

demon of the leaf

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Heres a simple answer we americans like our own things i dont criticise other nations for their sport choices i heared the aztecs used to play hip ball before the spanish conquests

Edogawa

Regular
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I come from Europe and I don't like americans sport , I think it's too commercial. Yes in Europe it's also commercial but in America I think that it's too much.

My favourite sport is Soccer , or Football as we call it in Europe.
Actually it's the opposite. Literally around the globe you'll find football commercials, even in third world countries. American sports are just commercialized in the US only and barely got real reputation worldwide as football does.

Americans don't appreciate football/soccer is probably same reason as why metric system isn't used either. There always been this view that the US should be culturally different from the rest of the world, and this would apply to sports as an example. Hence soccer/football isn't appreciated, even though it's the better sport. Football's got better reputation, stream of revenue, style of play etc. Even American companies choose to sign sponsorship contract with football players over Basketball. They know football players will bring them more money than American sports would.