Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Depends on what you mean by "nerd".
One of my classmates for example, he did this yday:

We were waiting outside of the classroom for the class to start and he "accidentally" dropped a book. He lift it up in a way that we could all see it and then he held it high and said "Dostoevsky, this is my light-fun reading :)".

In the class, he tried to ask somewhat "tricky" questions like "Professor, I noticed at least 5 similarities between the Lacanian system and the Marxian one and I was wondering if I was right :zise:"

This one is a disgusting nerd, one of those that should be excluded by society asap.
There are others though, who just like reading and try to be sociable. With those, I have no problem really.

Law

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
true. like kawagiri and rei said there various types of nerd.
and some of them think and want to sound superior. those are the kind of nerd people normaly hate because of their personality U_U

gamahiro

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"....and in World news tonight, NATO has created a new doctrine that would exclude all pretentious nerds from society, and relocate them to a tech work camp located in Antarctica. For more on this story ....."
hehe :)

Ryu-kun

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

We were waiting outside of the classroom for the class to start and he "accidentally" dropped a book. He lift it up in a way that we could all see it and then he held it high and said "Dostoevsky, this is my light-fun reading :)".

In the class, he tried to ask somewhat "tricky" questions like "Professor, I noticed at least 5 similarities between the Lacanian system and the Marxian one and I was wondering if I was right :zise:"

This one is a disgusting nerd, one of those that should be excluded by society asap.
There are others though, who just like reading and try to be sociable. With those, I have no problem really.
I don't know /:....But I kinda agree with you,disgustingly annoying XD
I guess so,it depends.Not all nerd does that^ lol I wonder what category does that person belong to?kawagiri you there?Xp

Typhon

Legendary
Kin
664💸
Kumi
6,684💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Deep down its possible that its just built into human nature. A few hundred thousand years ago (relatively short in the scheme of things) humans were roaming a dangerous world where only the strong would survive. The bigger, faster and strong humans were the more successful ones so they were favored by social groups. Throughout history warriors and athletes have been worshiped by their societies. Gladiators, knights, hunters, football players, etc. You don't see rocket scientists getting the same praise. And I think thats because theres a natural drive to be like that, so society favors it.

Also Humans in general are social animals, and while not all nerds are anti-social, there is a fair amount who are. The cliche nerd is someone who is somewhat of a loner, is constantly playing video games or is on the computer. And has very little social interaction.

Seblax

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

thank god I don't know people like that, however, I do know another kind of nerds, the kind that become very close to each other and hates all the outer society, I think these are the worst, because they are not just nerds, but creating there own nerds society and believe that we are unworthy to talk to them, they think of themselves as the populars at the meantime no body actually care of them, the popular guys sometimes act like they agree with them just to use them and copy the homeworks. on the other hand, there is people that needs to study, which makes them partly nerds, people will become hard to accept them, but they got to be strong enough to hold on, meh, I like be a friend of these guys, because they simply need someone to help them holding on themselves and to achive high marks which they need, I think I am becoming one of them this year xd , but I already have some friends so I am not that alone really.

Pesh

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
1,280💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Deep down its possible that its just built into human nature. A few hundred thousand years ago (relatively short in the scheme of things) humans were roaming a dangerous world where only the strong would survive. The bigger, faster and strong humans were the more successful ones so they were favored by social groups. Throughout history warriors and athletes have been worshiped by their societies. Gladiators, knights, hunters, football players, etc. You don't see rocket scientists getting the same praise. And I think thats because theres a natural drive to be like that, so society favors it.

Also Humans in general are social animals, and while not all nerds are anti-social, there is a fair amount who are. The cliche nerd is someone who is somewhat of a loner, is constantly playing video games or is on the computer. And has very little social interaction.
I usually appear to be loner and Im on the computer all the time o.o Am I a nerd?
But well, I don't mind being a loner, but I don't mind someone to talk to too :d but some people are so dumb (sorry, but thats the truth U.U), I mean, Im not the sharpest mind around, but some things are so irrelevent and stupid, and they talk about them with such interest. .O.

And on topic, well, honestly, where do you find those nerds? o_O True, there are a lot of guys that stay by themselves, or talk about studying all the time, but none of those I know don't look like the ones Kiwi described :D

Kawagiri

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't know /:....But I kinda agree with you,disgustingly annoying XD
I guess so,it depends.Not all nerd does that^ lol I wonder what category does that person belong to?kawagiri you there?Xp
if as disgusting as made sound, then probably won't be able to fit into the groups, therefore it'll be a wannabe if trying to mingle with groups but failing...
that's more to do with personality/preference in terms of hygiene :p

Itachi65

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
From what I've seen, most nerds tend to be antisocial and mean. While they behave really decently in front of people, they can be very gossipy and talk shit about others to their other nerdy friends, because they either don't have a personal life and can only live with others' lives or they are bored being criticized and behave like crap...

gamahiro

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think the reason you see nerds acting ostentatious to some degree or another is the same as the shirtless spray-tanned muscle douche you almost always see at the clubs. Vanity. As little as 10 years ago it was generally considered "uncool" to be a nerd or a geek. But in todays technologically dependent culture, it's almost "uncool" to not know the difference between a terabyte and a gigabyte. Everyone can be a pompous jerk at some point, and for different reasons. We're all guilty of it. Nerds and geeks show off thier intelligence, because there's usually not much else to make them stand out.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Sounds like something Chavez would do ~_~

You don't need to go into the area of "deep deep down". It's a lot easier than that: running is more or less something that everyone can do, so it's easy to imagine it. If you see Usain Bolt running 100m in 9.50 seconds and you run it in 15 seconds you can easily place yourself in his shoes in terms of that you know your own limits and that his body succeeds yours by far. It's something you can't never achieve, but you understand it.

It's not the same with intellectual things. The average person will realize that a rocket scientist is incredibly smart and that you will never achieve that intelligence, however most persons will not understand a bloody thing of what that scientist actually is doing. They know it's important, but they can't say how important, it doesn't have a comparable dimension, while things like athletes does.

To put it like that it's for the average person easy to understand how awesome a strong athlete is, but not how smart a person is.

Hot.Tendo

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
nerds are very important to us :D without them I wouldn't have pass... xd I love it when our teachers give us a homework which requires a partner... he does the work and I "support him"

RokuNR

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
nerds are very important to us :D without them I wouldn't have pass... xd I love it when our teachers give us a homework which requires a partner... he does the work and I "support him"
Nobody likes moochers who only leech off other people's work. O_O
I can bet you that the "nerds" you work with in partner-type scenarios absolutely hate having to work with you. xd But then again, if they have no friends...meh? lol

It's only natural response, especially if they are not comfortable around you.

This has surely turned into an interesting topic, though. I know a group of people that would likely fall under the "anti-social nerd" category, and strangely enough, they are very mean (not to mention, utterly weird in the most obscene sense that one could not even imagine). xd

Hot.Tendo

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I can bet you that the "nerds" you work with in partner-type scenarios absolutely hate having to work with you. xd But then again, if they have no friends...meh? lol

This has surely turned into an interesting topic, though. I know a group of people that would likely fall under the "anti-social nerd" category, and strangely enough, they are very mean (not to mention, utterly weird in the most obscene sense that one could not even imagine). xd
:shy: I'm not mean... just persuasive...

Kawagiri

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

the moochers later fail at life anyway when they can't pass exams and end up dumb. xd
mama always used to say... stupid is as stupid does xd

i used to have people mooch off me, i let them, it saved argument.
also i could relish in the fact that they were destined to fail >_>
and i was right xd
i plotted their doom from day 1 U_U xd

Crutch Kaguya

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Society does not hate nerds in general. The behavioral patterns that lead to one becoming a nerd is what society hates. There are many different behavioral patterns and different ones get treated differently.

I would go into detail about the types but some of the people on NB are those types (I'm not talking about the good types), and I don't want to hurt feelings.

gamahiro

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Society does not hate nerds in general. The behavioral patterns that lead to one becoming a nerd is what society hates. There are many different behavioral patterns and different ones get treated differently.

I would go into detail about the types but some of the people on NB are those types (I'm not talking about the good types), and I don't want to hurt feelings.
It's on topic. Just don't use names. Enlighten us Dr. Freud.

Hot.Tendo

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
the moochers later fail at life anyway when they can't pass exams and end up dumb. xd
mama always used to say... stupid is as stupid does xd

i used to have people mooch off me, i let them, it saved argument.
also i could relish in the fact that they were destined to fail >_>
and i was right xd
i plotted their doom from day 1 U_U xd
:(

JG2480

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm not your average nerd. For starters i'm 186cm or 73.23". Weigh about 75kg. I'm not fat nor skinny. I've been into martial arts and weapontraining since 11 to 16. Had other intrest since then.

I have aboslutely no friends. Just a girlfriend (for 7 years now), when an old friend asks to get together i always ship them off. Like friendship is give and take. Mutual benefit. What benefit? What take? It's only giving ... i can do everything myself and really don't need recognition from lesser minds either. So after allot of giving and absolutely no taking i say **** friends i'm much happier now! My g/f can have all the friends she wants as long as they don't bother me too much. I really don't want ANY friends. Not even one.

I make my own wooden bows & arrows and i hunt. Mostly wild boar but occasionaly deer too. I kill and butcher myself (wich is more fun then the shooting). I also keep a reef(corals)- malawi- & a piranha aquarium.

I'm an analist-programmer, obviously read naruto, starwars and so on ... the typical nerd works. I smoke(certain things) & drink, i've sort of even cultivated & sold certain things. New pc's where not cheap when i whas a teen i needed money right xd No i'm not proud of it. I also had a cellphone hacking bussines and copied disc factory thing going on. But i'm also relatively aggresive. Sexy tendo you wouldn't want me in your class i'm the one who beats up the cool people cause of those things :flaw:. Ofcourse they hated my furious discussions with the teachers :D. As long as they let me be i whas fine, new kids always wanted to show to the group how they could topple the nerd. Ofcourse it ended with me in the principle's office. Like it whas my fault :mad:!

Weird part is i let the 'cool' kids cheat by letting them see my answers on tests (in secret ofcourse) What do i care wether they have good grades or not? Also i took payment in the form teasing them or having them do fysical chores that i didn't want to do, all in exchange for cheatingrights :p or throw em off the chair in the middle of a classroom, a lighter and some deodorant under their chaires stuff like that. I've never hurted anyone for no reason, just pranks for fun.

My motto is: If i'm not bothered then i'm not bothering.

Bottom line is ... what kind of a nerd am i?