Uchiha Josephus

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because it's a story, not real life. Too many people on this site think about Naruto as if it's real life... And, as a story, jumping into a battle/war without an explanation would not make sense, and with Akatsuki starting slowly, and sending out weak people first, it lets the reader see some growth in Naruto and other characters. So, it was story, no other reason.
BLASPHEMY!!!! NARUTO IS REEEEEEEEEEEEEALLLLLL!!!!!! xd

Seriously though, yeah, this is generally how most stories work.

Think about Dragonball Z, it's the ultimate stepping-stone manga/anime xd

Flame Alchemist

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think the akatsuki weren't prepared enough.
first, it takes a lot of effort the seal a bijuu.
second, they weren't complete. they were still recruiting.
third, members didn't know about their targets before the timeskip.

proof for the third one:
You must be registered for see images

their first meeting after 7 years.
it means that all of them were acting on their own (along with their partners)

but then they were assigned on missions. and before the shippuuden part they caught 2 of them

Reactions: Out Of Ctrl

benIncher

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
BLASPHEMY!!!! NARUTO IS REEEEEEEEEEEEEALLLLLL!!!!!! xd

Seriously though, yeah, this is generally how most stories work.

Think about Dragonball Z, it's the ultimate stepping-stone manga/anime xd
Ha, I knew someone would say about it being real. Even if it were a joke.
But I'm not mocking it, I like Naruto, it's a good story. Exciting, well thought out, and a good read. But some people take it too seriously, bringing science into it, etc. I like to talk about it with friends, same with a lot of other comics or cartoons, but I can't but mock anyone who speaks about it as if it takes place in our world, governed by our planets physics laws.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Ha, I knew someone would say about it being real. Even if it were a joke.
But I'm not mocking it, I like Naruto, it's a good story. Exciting, well thought out, and a good read. But some people take it too seriously, bringing science into it, etc. I like to talk about it with friends, same with a lot of other comics or cartoons, but I can't but mock anyone who speaks about it as if it takes place in our world, governed by our planets physics laws.
I get what you're saying, but you're missing the point of half the site. While its incredibly stupid to try and get logic in anime/manga, you should use that anime/manga's standards of reality to get some logic, which is needed for discussions.

benIncher

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I get what you're saying, but you're missing the point of half the site. While its incredibly stupid to try and get logic in anime/manga, you should use that anime/manga's standards of reality to get some logic, which is needed for discussions.
Oh, I do that. But, what I don;t do, it use our world logic/reality as a basis for an argument. I do get this site, and I join a lot of conversations, usually making what seem to be good points.

Out Of Ctrl

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think the akatsuki weren't prepared enough.
first, it takes a lot of effort the seal a bijuu.
second, they weren't complete. they were still recruiting.
third, members didn't know about their targets before the timeskip.

proof for the third one:
You must be registered for see images

their first meeting after 7 years.
it means that all of them were acting on their own (along with their partners)

but then they were assigned on missions. and before the shippuuden part they caught 2 of them
Nice one :)

I can think of two logical reasons.

1. They were recruiting members and getting ready.

2. They might have been active, but since Naruto is the main character and the focus was on him, we never saw them since they had to capture Naruto last.

Yeah I guess most likely and plot no jutsu :p

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In one of the very first episodes Sasori and Deidara say something like "You took too long deidara" "So, it was hard not killing him. Besides, we haven't even found your jinchuriki so whats the rush?" so that tells me they were searching the whole time.

Zato

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Its because Tobi's pact with Itachi. Itachi ordered Tobi not to atack the Leaf. This means they would have to wait until Itachi was ready to go after them. Itachi was smart enough to pretend as if he wanted to capture Naruto in Shipppuden. To be honest, if they did that in the get go then it would alert every Nation of the Akatsuki and it would be 1000x harder to capture the tailed beast. Thus this is why they tried to hide Bee and Naruto.

spatha

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They were broke remember? That is why kakuzu and hidan went on bounty hunter missions because akatsuki was broke and they needed money for their plan. Also they had to seal the beasts in order.
but honestly in a scenario like this with kage level ninja i never understood why they need cash for their plans. Each of them is strong enough to walk into villages and take anything they need. Need food, easy enough, need a hideout built, find an earth user and have them carve one out with the promise of money after then kill him. Always seemed like a mild plot hole when dealing with bad guys who werent normal human beings.