Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

This thing has always been bugging me for sometime now. We first heard about Akatsuki in Part 1 by Jiraiya and the first glimpse of them was with Itachi and Kisame. But they really only got active during the start of Shippuden. Is there any important reason as to why they waited 2-3 years? Maybe these list of possible reasons:

- An excuse for Naruto and Sasuke to get stronger by Kishi
- Nagato's newly formed Akatsuki may have required time to gather cash and information? :shrug:
- Tobi was merely waiting a right moment

Feel free to add any other information I may have missed out.

Kurisutina

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They were collecting other Bijuu. They were active the whole time, just busy messing with other people other then Naruto and Sasuke.

-S-

Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
remember one of them said (can't remember who it was, i think it was itachi or pain) said they had to capture the ninetails last since he was the strongest

Shisui Namikaze

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Probably cause itachi and kisame went inside Konoha and injured their best jonin and attempted to capture naruto. I bet they just wanted everything to calm down afterwards. So they took a few years off so the heat on them could cool off? That's just my guess tho.

kibaclaw

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They were broke remember? That is why kakuzu and hidan went on bounty hunter missions because akatsuki was broke and they needed money for their plan. Also they had to seal the beasts in order.

Out Of Ctrl

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They were collecting other Bijuu. They were active the whole time, just busy messing with other people other then Naruto and Sasuke.
I think most of the Bijuu collecting occured after Shippuden they only captured 2 Tailed Beast during the time skip I think.

Deidara- 1 tail
Hidan/Kakuzu- 2 tail
Deidara/Tobi- 3 tail
Kisame- 4 tail
???- 5 tail
Pain- 6 tail
???- 7 tail

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
I can think of two logical reasons.

1. They were recruiting members and getting ready.

2. They might have been active, but since Naruto is the main character and the focus was on him, we never saw them since they had to capture Naruto last.

Uchiha Josephus

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They were busy building the Akatsuki Playhouse, a theme park that would have opened after the capture of the 9-tails.

But then Naruto and Bee had to go and not be captured :(

(Also they could have been trying to capture them (or I guess seal them) in order)

Reactions: soulless uchiha

benIncher

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because it's a story, not real life. Too many people on this site think about Naruto as if it's real life... And, as a story, jumping into a battle/war without an explanation would not make sense, and with Akatsuki starting slowly, and sending out weak people first, it lets the reader see some growth in Naruto and other characters. So, it was story, no other reason.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
remember one of them said (can't remember who it was, i think it was itachi or pain) said they had to capture the ninetails last since he was the strongest
It wasn't due to Naruto being the strongest. If they had captured him at any time, it would have caused trauma. Due to him being a kid, the trauma could have caused the Nine-Tails to escape due to the seal weakening with anger. The Kyuubi could have escaped. If that happened, they would have had to seal Kurama, destroying Gedo Mazo and ruining their plans. The smart thing ws to avoid Naruto, thus causing us not to see them being active.