Which character(s) would be the strongest without Devil Fruit powers?

Hawker

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was just thinking about this when I compared Naruto to One Piece, and I thought that in Naruto they train hard to improve their shinobi abilities. And even those who get super powers in birth (sharingan), have to spend years so that they can use it's full power.
IMO in One Piece they just eat a fruit and suddenly they are strong. No matter who you are. Like how Blackbeard just aquired Whitbeards power and suddenly he can use it however he likes and be the greatest thread to WG.

So I think some characters like Admirals or Hancock wouldn't be as nearly as powerful without the Fruits powers. But there are expections. Like I'd say CP9 dudes and Whitebeard.

What do you think?

chad062388

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was just thinking about this when I compared Naruto to One Piece, and I thought that in Naruto they train hard to improve their shinobi abilities. And even those who get super powers in birth (sharingan), have to spend years so that they can use it's full power.
IMO in One Piece they just eat a fruit and suddenly they are strong. No matter who you are. Like how Blackbeard just aquired Whitbeards power and suddenly he can use it however he likes and be the greatest thread to WG.

So I think some characters like Admirals or Hancock wouldn't be as nearly as powerful without the Fruits powers. But there are expections. Like I'd say CP9 dudes and Whitebeard.

What do you think?
I agree.

Dracule

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Every Devil Fruit user has to know how to use those powers. Honestly, most of it is the same as Naruto. They have the power, but they have to train to perfect it. Luffy trained for years(he couldn't even perfect his Pistol until he was done training, as you can tell other users had to train to such as Ace, Chopper, Kuzan, Kizaru etc. Just because they didn't show it, doesn't mean you automatically master those powers as soon as you eat the fruit. Whitebeard's ability is one that doesn't seem like it needs as much training.

~Tempa E~

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i second what hawk eyes said plus blackbeard couldnt use whitebeards devil fruit at first he even said it (cant rember the exact words) and like when we first saw luffy with ace and them guys he could use gomu gomu no mi very well at all, but i see what you meen with some of those cp9 dudes just eating it then matering it straight away. but anyway Ace was supposidly pretty strong even without his devil fruit also hancock i real strong without it aswel as weve seen,erh.. rob lucci probably marco pheonix

Hawker

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Every Devil Fruit user has to know how to use those powers. Honestly, most of it is the same as Naruto. They have the power, but they have to train to perfect it. Luffy trained for years(he couldn't even perfect his Pistol until he was done training, as you can tell other users had to train to such as Ace, Chopper, Kuzan, Kizaru etc. Just because they didn't show it, doesn't mean you automatically master those powers as soon as you eat the fruit. Whitebeard's ability is one that doesn't seem like it needs as much training.

Naah it doesn't seem like that way since we haven't seen no one but Luffy actually training his/hers ability from zero to max. Did Kaku or that CP9 girl had the time to train??.. No, they just ate the fruit and suddenly they knew everything about theirt ability, or at least could use it with very lethal way.
As for Kuzan, he used his ice powers the same way 20 years ago as he does now.

i second what hawk eyes said plus blackbeard couldnt use whitebeards devil fruit at first he even said it (cant rember the exact words) and like when we first saw luffy with ace and them guys he could use gomu gomu no mi very well at all, but i see what you meen with some of those cp9 dudes just eating it then matering it straight away. but anyway Ace was supposidly pretty strong even without his devil fruit also hancock i real strong without it aswel as weve seen,erh.. rob lucci probably marco pheonix
What I remember is that Blackbeard used those powers straight away, like in 10 minutes from receiving them.

How is Marco strong without his phoenix powers? All he did in Marineford was that he used that ability for offence and defence, and he would've died many times without it.

Last edited:

Dracule

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Naah it doesn't seem like that way since we haven't seen no one but Luffy actually training his/hers ability from zero to max. Did Kaku or that CP9 girl had the time to train??.. No, they just ate the fruit and suddenly they knew everything about theirt ability, or at least could use it with very lethal way.
Like I said, its different for everyone. Some have abilities that require more effort into perfecting, and others have abilities that are much easier. Kaku was a Zoan type so you wouldn't need much training + as a CP9, it wouldn't be as hard for him or Califa to adapt and it was never shown that they knew how to use it right away. Just because they quickly perfected it before the fight with the Straw Hats, doesn't mean they automatically knew everything about it. And Califa probably could have advanced her abilities even further, had she survived. Trying to take away a Devil Fruit users power is like taking away they Kyuubi from Naruto and Sharingan from Sasuke etc.

Hawker

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Like I said, its different for everyone. Some have abilities that require more effort into perfecting, and others have abilities that are much easier. Kaku was a Zoan type so you wouldn't need much training + as a CP9, it wouldn't be as hard for him or Califa to adapt and it was never shown that they knew how to use it right away. Just because they quickly perfected it before the fight with the Straw Hats, doesn't mean they automatically knew everything about it. And Califa probably could have advanced her abilities even further, had she survived. Trying to take away a Devil Fruit users power is like taking away they Kyuubi from Naruto and Sharingan from Sasuke etc.
Well if you take Kyuubi away from Naruto, he's still ridicuously strong. Sharingan is an expection and comparable to devil fruit but still we have seen uchiha's train for years, but we haven't seen the devil fruit users, expect Luffy.

And yes Califa could've done that but that wasn't the point.

I see what you're saying but I see more advantages in eating the devil fruit than to having a gift of shinobi (jutsus).

Devil Fruit = you eat it you have the power, no matter how you look at it.

Shinobi = you train for years, then you can use those powers or even be able to come up with your own jutsu. Examples the nature manipulation or s-class shinobi techs.

deidara senpai

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I like Shanks but we know almost nothing about his skills. And it hasn't been said that he or Roger obtained Devil Fruit powers.
roger we dont know if he has one or not you are right

but shanks i highly doubt it he found a devil fruit and just finding one is insanely hard but luffy ate it

its possible roger might have a devil fruit but if he doesnt hes the strongest but i really dont think shanks has devil fruit

~Tempa E~

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

What I remember is that Blackbeard used those powers straight away, like in 10 minutes from receiving them.

How is Marco strong without his phoenix powers? All he did in Marineford was that he used that ability for offence and defence, and he would've died many times without it.
Well we certainly know he has endurance because when he had those Seastone handcuffs nullifying his DF he still survived several of kizaru's light beams when basil hawking was seen to barely be able to survive one also it was show that he had good physical strnegh eg when he kicked kizaru threw the air into the wall at marineford he also has atleast 2 forms of haki

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I suggest that you watch and read the entire series to the end. Especially the Ace, Sabo, Luffy arc. If you're already finished then my opinion is that this is a stupid thread and you don't understand the effects of devil fruits nor the power of shinobi.

1. Like said before Luffy's rubber powers were useless in the beginning and it has gotten him in al sorts of trouble.
2. Gear 2, gear 3 + all other variations on his gomu gomu attacks are the result of training.
3. It has been stated clearly that you have to master the skills before you can use them. In the war Blackbeard said he couldn't use the powers to the extend of Whitebeard. Blackbeards version of the earthquake wasn't nearly as strong as that of Whitebeard.

Now for Naruto.

1. In the fight of the valley of the end Naruto was kicking the shit out of Sasuke untill he unlucked his third tomoe. When he had a full sharingan he was just O i can see you now and fought on par with Naruto.
2. When Itachi tapped Sasukes forehead he recieved his powers and was able to use Susano'o, Amaterasu and the illusion. (He trained really hard for that one)
3. Madara has given Sasuke Itachi's eyes in operation so that he now has Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan.

Your statement that Naruto would've been strong without the fox is based on nothing. The fox saved him countless times + the fox lead him to Jirayia sensei. If it wasn't for the fox Naruto would've been a acadamy dropout.

Chopper and Robin are both perfect examples of how you can train your fruit ability. It's not fair to compare fruit users to people who are strong without fruit. It's part of them. Besides Sasuke without Sharingan would've been a decent ninja but nothing special. Luffy without his fruit might have become strong but never to this extent. It is also just the "story" and the thoughts of the autor. Don't make it bigger then it is.

Oh and if you are already at the end of the series, start over you probably missed a lot.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

What do you think?
lol.

lol.

You started out good, but then:

lol.

lol.

lol.

You're getting a bit better.

Well if you take Kyuubi away from Naruto, he's still ridicuously strong. Sharingan is an expection and comparable to devil fruit but still we have seen uchiha's train for years, but we haven't seen the devil fruit users, expect Luffy.

And yes Califa could've done that but that wasn't the point.

I see what you're saying but I see more advantages in eating the devil fruit than to having a gift of shinobi (jutsus).

Devil Fruit = you eat it you have the power, no matter how you look at it.

Shinobi = you train for years, then you can use those powers or even be able to come up with your own jutsu. Examples the nature manipulation or s-class shinobi techs.
lol.

I suggest that you watch and read the entire series to the end. Especially the Ace, Sabo, Luffy arc. If you're already finished then my opinion is that this is a stupid thread and you don't understand the effects of devil fruits nor the power of shinobi.

1. Like said before Luffy's rubber powers were useless in the beginning and it has gotten him in al sorts of trouble.
2. Gear 2, gear 3 + all other variations on his gomu gomu attacks are the result of training.
3. It has been stated clearly that you have to master the skills before you can use them. In the war Blackbeard said he couldn't use the powers to the extend of Whitebeard. Blackbeards version of the earthquake wasn't nearly as strong as that of Whitebeard.

Now for Naruto.

1. In the fight of the valley of the end Naruto was kicking the shit out of Sasuke untill he unlucked his third tomoe. When he had a full sharingan he was just O i can see you now and fought on par with Naruto.
2. When Itachi tapped Sasukes forehead he recieved his powers and was able to use Susano'o, Amaterasu and the illusion. (He trained really hard for that one)
3. Madara has given Sasuke Itachi's eyes in operation so that he now has Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan.

Your statement that Naruto would've been strong without the fox is based on nothing. The fox saved him countless times + the fox lead him to Jirayia sensei. If it wasn't for the fox Naruto would've been a acadamy dropout.

Chopper and Robin are both perfect examples of how you can train your fruit ability. It's not fair to compare fruit users to people who are strong without fruit. It's part of them. Besides Sasuke without Sharingan would've been a decent ninja but nothing special. Luffy without his fruit might have become strong but never to this extent. It is also just the "story" and the thoughts of the autor. Don't make it bigger then it is.

Oh and if you are already at the end of the series, start over you probably missed a lot.
Finally someone half good.

People, I'll say this once, and hopefully you will understand it. DF are NOTHING if you can't use them. Everyone, and I mean EVERY SINGLE ONE, trained extremely hard to get to the point where they are in the show. People that were pretty much born with their abilities, which is to say, ate their DF at very tender ages, like Robin and Luffy, made their abilities so natural to them that they were no different than an arm or a leg.

Every fruit is neutral and, as such, as a lot of potential. The extend of which you can use your powers relies only on your own creativity and hard work. Luffy ate a fruit. Using the power to stretch, he thought of making his punches like bullets. But when he went to put the idea to action, he lacked the physical abilities to do so. THIS CAN BE APPLIED TO VIRTUALLY EVERY SINGLE POWER, FRUIT, ETC! Just because you have the power doesn't mean you can use it to it's full extend, or use it at all.

The CP9 are an elite group of individuals that went through assassin's training from really tender ages. They are trained to adapt to every single condition. When Kaku and Califa received their DF, they just had to adapt. These are not normal everyday newbs. These are highly trained agents. They learned their abilities and quickly adapted. Did you expect differently? But in their very fights, especially with Kaku, you could clearly see that there was a development. Kaku even named one attack in the spot. It's a process.

Blackbeard received a fruit that destroys. It's basically that. But he said it himself, he can't control it like Whitebeard, that spent his life using it and training it. Blackbeard's attack was just a burst of raw energy, uncontrolled, unfocused, wild. It's highly destructive, yet it's not it's max potential. Whitebeard vs Blackbeard, in terms of Quake Quake Fruit, would have a clear fate, as Whitebeard is way more experienced than Blackbeard.

And, like mentioned before, we've seen examples of persons that relied too much on their DF (remember Blackbeard's speech?), and we've seen persons with DFs that pwned when they were stripped of it. You can't possibly expect that a captain of the Whitebeard's Crew would be powerless without a DF. It's absurd to claim that Marco is weak without it.

Anyway, Power is NOT everything, and DF are merely power. Neutral, raw, full of potential, yet still mere extra limbs.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think of DF's as a sniper rifle. In untrained hands, can cause some serious damage and be deadly but you cant expect them to be the best shot in the world just because they have the best rifle. In someone who has spent hours and time and effort learning how to use it to perfection, it is ridiculous how strong and deadly that person is. Watch the show top shot on history channel, (i know a bit off topic but to my point) when those guys get the weapon system that they have trained with, they are ridiculously good, when they dont, they are good but no where near as good as with what they trained.

Hawker

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Now for Naruto.

1. Yeah that's Luffy and I already said he's the only one we've seen actually training the fruit ability.
2.sasuke represent's all the shinobies?..no, he's an exception and it's merely pointless to bring just him up over and over again, since just Uchiha has Sharingan.
3. what I said above

I am not making it bigger than it is, just asking who you think would be
strongest wihtout the fruit, but fine then if you aren't gonna answer that.

lol.

lol.

You started out good, but then:

lol.

lol.

lol.

You're getting a bit better.

lol.

Finally someone half good...

.....People, I'll say this once, and hopefully you will understand it
Anyway, Power is NOT everything, and DF are merely power. Neutral, raw, full of potential, yet still mere extra limbs.
lol

All that was between those last two sentences was just speculation.

I was just asking people's opinion's about the characters powers without the fruits, not just a debate. So I'd like to have those answers, 'cause it's interesting to know what you all think that who'd be the strongest.

uzamaki2223

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i guess ur asking if shinobi had no power n pirates didn't have DF powers who'd b stronger??? well i think that is an easy answer... shinobi's with no jutsu r called civilians... there r examples of pirates w/o DF, most notably, Shanks and Mihawk... i kno we dnt kno much about Shanks, but think back to wen luffy fell n da water n shanks went n to get him n lost his arm n da process... if he were a DF user wouldn't he have sank like every other DF user??? so yea ninjas w/o jutsu r def weaker than pirates w/o DF... i guess ur gonna say DF aren't a part of a pirate naturally n dat would b true but jutsu aren't either... they r passed down n very few r created n even then they r from something else they might have seen or heard of...

Hawker

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i guess ur asking if shinobi had no power n pirates didn't have DF powers who'd b stronger??? well i think that is an easy answer... shinobi's with no jutsu r called civilians... there r examples of pirates w/o DF, most notably, Shanks and Mihawk... i kno we dnt kno much about Shanks, but think back to wen luffy fell n da water n shanks went n to get him n lost his arm n da process... if he were a DF user wouldn't he have sank like every other DF user??? so yea ninjas w/o jutsu r def weaker than pirates w/o DF... i guess ur gonna say DF aren't a part of a pirate naturally n dat would b true but jutsu aren't either... they r passed down n very few r created n even then they r from something else they might have seen or heard of...
Well let's just leave naruto out of this as I my primary question was about one piece characters. But yeah you gotta point that Shanks didn't have devil fruit abilities at the time he saved luffy and he was already a Yonko then = very powerful..
but still you missed my point as I was asking which character WITH devil fruit abilities would be the strongest when stripped off those abilities. And if you say Mihawk then I gotta agree with you since he's a great swordsman. But cp9 would still probably pwn him if they both didn't have DF.

s0ulja

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

What do you think?
i disagree, look at luffy...he had his fruit and never once defeat ace or sabo(not sure)
also the point regarding blackbread..he had his eyes on the tremor tremor fruit for awhile n he was on white beards crew also so he'd know how its powers work...and even before he ate his first fruit he was stronger than ace with a devil fruit ability and even with all that when he ate WB's fruit he said himself he needs time to gain its full potential

edit:
yea shanks doesn't have a devil fruit, i dont think gol d. roger did either, look at the dark king..look at his power level and he didn't have DF, and mihawk...
so without devil fruit i'd probabli say whitebeard, marco or ace..since they all had haki so if they didnt train with their devil fruits they would have trained with haki

Last edited:

Hawker

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i disagree, look at luffy...he had his fruit and never once defeat ace or sabo(not sure)
also the point regarding blackbread..he had his eyes on the tremor tremor fruit for awhile n he was on white beards crew also so he'd know how its powers work...and even before he ate his first fruit he was stronger than ace with a devil fruit ability and even with all that when he ate WB's fruit he said himself he needs time to gain its full potential
yeah yeah, luffy is the only exception as said many times in this thread :p

And still blackbeard used tremor tremor ability with a lethal way. That's my point.

edit: yea shanks doesn't have a devil fruit, i dont think gol d. roger did either, look at the dark king..look at his power level and he didn't have DF, and mihawk...
so without devil fruit i'd probabli say whitebeard, marco or ace..since they all had haki so if they didnt train with their devil fruits they would have trained with haki
Good answer.