[Discussion] What will it take for Luffy to beat Blackbeard?

UNDFTD

Veteran
Kin
78💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
What power ups do you think Luffy will still get before the end, where he clashes with Blackbeard? I feel like he'll advance all his haki to an absurd level in order to defeat the beard. I don't think he would ever eat a second fruit, like Blackbeard has. Obviously Luffy will unlock a new gear sooner or later too.

ArabianLuffy

Elite
Kin
152💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Analysis Time

What power ups do you think Luffy will still get before the end, where he clashes with Blackbeard?
We can imagine that Gear4th might still have more to its arsenal.

01. Bound Man
02. Tank Man
03. Snake Man
04. ??? Man (something something Weapon Man)
05. ??? Man (something something Animal Man. I wonder if there is Gorilla Man)
06. ??? Man (use your imagination)

UNDFTD said:
I feel like Luffy will advance all his Haki to an absurd level, in order to defeat Blackbeard.
Same here.
UNDFTD said:
I don't think Luffy would ever eat a second fruit, like Blackbeard has, obviously
Well, Oda himself said that he wanna mess around with the possibility of the rubber whatever he could come up with, because this opens the mind to more ideas that Oda himself could never imagine. He enjoys it. Challenges facing the rubber to overcome them.
UNDFTD said:
Luffy will unlock a new Gear sooner or later too.
#
BODY SYSTEM
RESULT
01.Circulatory SystemGear 2nd
02.SkeletonGear 3rd
03.MusclesGear 4th
04.Nerv System???Gear 5th???

===========================

Black beard has not "eaten" a second fruit
Nobody gives a shit if Blackbeard ate it, sucked it or shoved it up his ass~!

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Analysis Time

01. Bound Man
02. Tank Man
03. Snake Man

Same here.

Well, Oda himself said that he wanna mess around with the possibility of the rubber whatever he could come up with, because this opens the mind to more ideas that Oda himself could never imagine. He enjoys it. Challenges facing the rubber to overcome them.

#
BODY SYSTEM
RESULT
02.SkeletonGear 3rd
03.MusclesGear 4th

Actually a lot of people do, it's one of the biggest mysteries in one piece dweeb

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. Awakening to save stamina
2. Buso Haki/Kings Haki endurance (because he can only fight up to 10-11 hour against Yonkou FM level people, Admirals can last up to 10 days of fighting).
3. Voice of all Things

kiiro

Veteran
Kin
57💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Analysis Time

01. Bound Man
02. Tank Man
03. Snake Man

Same here.

#
BODY SYSTEM
RESULT
02.SkeletonGear 3rd
03.MusclesGear 4th

How do you make the text that color? I mean i can see how you wrote it but isnt there a easy way?

kiiro

Veteran
Kin
57💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. Awakening to save stamina
2. Buso Haki/Kings Haki endurance (because he can only fight up to 10-11 hour against Yonkou FM level people, Admirals can last up to 10 days of fighting).
3. Voice of all Things
Why does awakening save stamina?

I think it wastes more stamina since you change your environment and it is not uses in the begging like if it was a trump card as gear 4 and has stamina taxing.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What could it do?
According to Linlin and Rayleigh they said that it helped Rogers read things that only an ohora scholar would know. Etc.
With organic things it seems like Luffy can also communicate with Neptunians or at least here them. So imagine Luffy being some type of Aquaman to a certain extent then add that with Luffy’s observation color of understanding the emotions/feelings of living things.

Basically it’s overhyping to be a mind reader/omniscient type of being.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why does awakening save stamina?

I think it wastes more stamina since you change your environment and it is not uses in the begging like if it was a trump card as gear 4 and has stamina taxing.
Doflamingo said that awakening helped him save his stamina, that’s why he was still able to attack Luffy despite having 0% stamina left to use Haki and his footstyle kicks

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Black beard has not "eaten" a second fruit
We don't know that, though I don't think it's the option that will be revealed it's possible BB had a fruit with him under that tarp and the tarp itself helped keep the DF power from going to a random fruit.

On the note of eating a 2nd DF I think Luffy might be able to do it since they explained the result as an explosion and Luffy can expand it could be possible he expands surviving the explosion and retains the fruit power.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We don't know that, though I don't think it's the option that will be revealed it's possible BB had a fruit with him under that tarp and the tarp itself helped keep the DF power from going to a random fruit.

On the note of eating a 2nd DF I think Luffy might be able to do it since they explained the result as an explosion and Luffy can expand it could be possible he expands surviving the explosion and retains the fruit power.
Smart. Not even convoluted.

Easyfathom

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
According to Linlin and Rayleigh they said that it helped Rogers read things that only an ohora scholar would know. Etc.
With organic things it seems like Luffy can also communicate with Neptunians or at least here them. So imagine Luffy being some type of Aquaman to a certain extent then add that with Luffy’s observation color of understanding the emotions/feelings of living things.

Basically it’s overhyping to be a mind reader/omniscient type of being.
You finally stated how you think it would help and this is what you came out with :lmao:

But it was stated to go to the nearest fruit... So a magially tarp wouldn't be necessary?

And I agree on the Luffy thing, always made sense. I just can't see Oda doing that really? Can you?

Last edited: