What Madara REALLY said about Hashirama

Did he mean Hashirama is stronger than his current Edo form?

• Total voters

TouchMyMangos

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Here, ladies and gentlemen, is the official VIZ translation of what Madara said about Hashirama:

You must be registered for see images

"Only Hashirama could ever stop me"

What do you guys think of this? How do you interpret this?

I think it means in his lifetime, only Hashirama could ever win against him. Not now.

Last edited:

KAGE RYUU

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
he knows even as edo madara hashirama could still fight him and possible win and madara knows all about the benifits of edo and its weakneses so he says this fully away he need to be sealed to die

TouchMyMangos

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
means that hashirama was the only one who could defeat him then, and now that hes no longer alive he can never be defeated. but what he really means that if hashirama was with all 5 of the kages than yes he would lose
I interpret it as "only Hashirama has the chance to stop me"
Well I think it means in his lifetime, only Hashirama could ever win against him. Not now.

Sasuke Ninja Way Reborn

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He means only Hashirama is the only Shinobi who can hope to defeat him, but at his current state Hashirama can't defeat him it's only Madara underestimate his on power when it comes to Hashirama.

Last edited:

Henrik

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, he is the only one who can surpress the perfect susanoo due to wood release, exactly like he can surpress bijuu's chakra

Gooner4life

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think he means that Hashirama is the only one that ever rivalled him, the only one that could beat him, not that he would beat him now.

Last edited:

DeadManWonderLand

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Here, ladies and gentlemen, is the official VIZ translation of what Madara said about Hashirama:

You must be registered for see images

"Only Hashirama could ever stop me"

What do you guys think of this? How do you interpret this?
He said 'could' not 'can' there is a difference.Could indicates past tense
He was referring to when they fought back in their day unless for some reason people think madara was an edo back then as well ? lol Hashirama could still attempt to seal him there is always that possibility.Madara is alive now so the edo thing should be put to rest the real question now is if they fought today madara would no doubt be more powerful then the last time hashi saw him because he now has hashi's dna and the rinnegan on his side should make a re match between them pretty interesting
if they were about equal back down then surely by logic madara is stronger now
but we cannot say who would win until the fight actually gets under way

Last edited:

Traffy

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The "could" makes me believe that there was a time when Hashi could stop him but not anymore. If he meant that Hashi could still stop him now he would've said, "Only Hashirama can stop me."

TouchMyMangos

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The "could" makes me believe that there was a time when Hashi could stop him but not anymore. If he meant that Hashi could still stop him now he would've said, "Only Hashirama can stop me."
This is what i'm thinking, but there are alot of people who say he can be defeated now by Hashirama based on that statement.

ismael

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It means that only hashirama could stop him when they were both alive back in their prime but he also states that since he is no here anymore then nobody can match his power now

Last edited: