What are you?

Which of the following best describes you?

• Total voters

Hawker

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Out of pure curiosity, I'd like to know what portion of NB have certain views (listed above). Also it'd be cool to know why you chose that specific worldview as your own and what is your backround.

I myself am an atheist and more specifically agnostic atheist as I don't believe in any deity but I don't claim to know for sure that there is no possibility for the existence of god, since I can't prove such a thing. So I guess I'm a bit both but first and foremost I'm an atheist. Why? Because there is no reason for me to believe that there is a god. Science can answer all the important issues conserning the existence of the universe. Backround: I was baptised as a christian but I resigned myself from the church at the age of 18-19.

~~​

Atheist: Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.

Agnostic: An agnostic is anyone who doesn't claim to know for that any gods exist or not, no matter what their reasons or how they approach the question of whether any gods exist. Agnosticism is the view that, the truth values of certain claims – especially metaphysical and religious claims such as whether God, the divine or the supernatural exist – are unknown and perhaps unknowable. In the popular sense of the term, an agnostic is someone who neither believes nor disbelieves in God, whereas an atheist disbelieves in God.

Theist
: Theism, in the field of comparative religion, is the belief in the existence of deities. In popular parlance, the term theism often describes the classical conception of god(s) that is found in the monotheistic and polytheistic religions. This view also involves pantheism.

~~​

Subcategories:

Atheists --> Agnostic Atheist: An agnostic atheist has two qualities: they don't happen to believe in any gods and they don't claim to know or sure that no gods can or do exist.

Theists -- > Agnostic Theist: An agnostic theist has two qualities: they believe in the existence of at least one god and they don't claim to know for sure that this god or gods definitely exist

Last edited:

FreakensteinAG

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Currently Atheist, but there may be a physical exception that we haven't yet found. Not sure if the "physical exception" would count as a deity or not, but oh well.

I guess my Atheism came out of being curious about the natural world and of course learning about it. After learning about all the little processes of life and how they are self-sustainable, how all the chemical and physical matter interact with each other , dependently and independently of one another (ultimately getting a degree in it), the idea that a spiritual force was the underlying cause for said interactions became less and less plausible.

Last edited:

Gitch

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
When someone claim something I need proof to tell if its real or not ...
People believing in god cant prove that it really exist or not ....
But yet they say everyone else is wrong ....
If I say I got a dragon in my closet would they believe me ? No , but thats the same claim as theirs ....
To believe me i would need to give them proof it does exists.

So to say you dont have any proof to disclaim god existence shows that he exist is terribly wrong ....
And what to say about all 1000 other religions ?
Everyone cant be right , but everyone could be dead wrong ;)

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Out of pure curiosity, I'd like to know what portion of NB have certain views (listed above). Also it'd be cool to know why you chose that specific worldview as your own and what is your backround.

I myself am an atheist and more specifically agnostic atheist as I don't believe in any deity but I don't claim to know for sure that there is no possibility for the existence of god, since I can't prove such a thing. So I guess I'm a bit both but first and foremost I'm an atheist. Why? Because there is no reason for me to believe that there is a god. Science can answer all the important issues conserning the existence of the universe. Backround: I was baptised as a christian but I resigned myself from the church at the age of 18-19.

~~​

Atheist: Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.

Agnostic: An agnostic is anyone who doesn't claim to know for that any gods exist or not, no matter what their reasons or how they approach the question of whether any gods exist. Agnosticism is the view that, the truth values of certain claims – especially metaphysical and religious claims such as whether God, the divine or the supernatural exist – are unknown and perhaps unknowable. In the popular sense of the term, an agnostic is someone who neither believes nor disbelieves in God, whereas an atheist disbelieves in God.

Theist
: Theism, in the field of comparative religion, is the belief in the existence of deities. In popular parlance, the term theism often describes the classical conception of god(s) that is found in the monotheistic and polytheistic religions. This view also involves pantheism.

~~​

Subcategories:

Atheists --> Agnostic Atheist: An agnostic atheist has two qualities: they don't happen to believe in any gods and they don't claim to know or sure that no gods can or do exist.

Theists -- > Agnostic Theist: An agnostic theist has two qualities: they believe in the existence of at least one god and they don't claim to know for sure that this god or gods definitely exist
Theist Agnostic, not quite the definition of agnostic theist, because while I don't know for sure I do believe despite knowing the human brain would never be able to achieve understanding of it anyway.