Merkel

Regular
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay surely I can't be the only one here who thinks that water release was a seriously neglected chakra nature in terms of having powerful jutsu. Not to bash water release or anything, I have nothing against it after all it is just a chakra nature so don't get butthurt with me for speaking my opinion about your favourite chakra nature. In terms of users that we actually saw first hand use a plethora of powerful water release techniques there was really only Kisame, Mei Terumi, Tobirama, Utakata and a handful that may have shown one decent water release technique here and there but nothing particularly troublesome ie. Kakashi, Hiruzen and some others (don't crucify if I'm missing other notables it's not the point of the thread). The most common thing I see water style used for is some fodder jutsu to block fire release jutsu. Even against the Juubi the most water style was used for was mixing some freaking cement. The biggest thing for me is that among all the chakra natures they have some seriously strong destructive/offensive/defensive jutsu but water style just really doesn't compare imo. What are your thoughts?

Wind release:
You must be registered for see images

Fire release:

Lightning release:

Earth release:

Sidenote: I'm not saying water release users are weak I'm just saying the chakra nature pales in comparison to others.

UzumakiRyu

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Even with Kisame, his power wasn't really from his Suiton abilities, but from his sword.

His suiton would be pitiful without the combined abilities of Samehada.
The water jutsu he used that trapped bee I thought showed the water style off pretty good, wherever Kisame travelled the ball of water went with him so Bee couldn't backtrack to get out.

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The water jutsu he used that trapped bee I thought showed the water style off pretty good, wherever Kisame travelled the ball of water went with him so Bee couldn't backtrack to get out.
Well yeah, but without Samehada, he would drown as well, meaning he would need a re-breather to use that jutsu, meaning the jutsu itself is lacking.

UzumakiRyu

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well yeah, but without Samehada, he would drown as well, meaning he would need a re-breather to use that jutsu, meaning the jutsu itself is lacking.
C'mon the guy don't rely 100% 24/7 on Samehada lol do you hate Kisame or something? He would of been able to hold his breath for a pretty long time without forming with the sword I would think.

HashiraMadara SenjUchiha

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tobirama suiton >>>>> all and he should be on that list! The power and intelligence he used his suiton was good! the mist allowed him to kill izuna! at < 50% of his power he created intense suiton against Hiruzen! The heck! the guy could even cut you with suiton!!!!

Merkel

Regular
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah I agree Kisame had some pretty strong jutsu samehada or not but in terms of destructive power and offensive capabilities I still think that water release is pretty lacking.

Merkel

Regular
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tobirama suiton >>>>> all and he should be on that list! The power and intelligence he used his suiton was good! the mist allowed him to kill izuna! at < 50% of his power he created intense suiton against Hiruzen! The heck! the guy could even cut you with suiton!!!!
I agree with you but you are talking about Tobirama not the jutsu itself. I know he could use his Suiton to cut huge thick doton walls and yes I agree he is probably the best Suiton user but that jutsu and Utakata's bubble technique are the most destructive Suiton jutsu I have seen. I just think that water release had so much room for improvement and potential for awesome jutsu.

HashiraMadara SenjUchiha

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree with you but you are talking about Tobirama not the jutsu itself. I know he could use his Suiton to cut huge thick doton walls and yes I agree he is probably the best Suiton user but that jutsu and Utakata's bubble technique are the most destructive Suiton jutsu I have seen. I just think that water release had so much room for improvement and potential for awesome jutsu.
you don't really know what you want then! tell me a nature that did something that you think a suiton wouldn't do!