Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
"Did you forget your glasses today? I'm strumming the chords of my soul. You might know it as an air guitar, one of the better soundless instruments."

*moves on to demonstrate one of the worse ones, the air keyboard*

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
... so your soul is mute? Either that, or the sounds must be at a different frequency that makes it impossible for a mere mortal like me to hear U_U

Tell me a little more about what YOU can hear when you strum your air-nstruments.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
*Going along with your seemingly pointless question, Godot grins and opts for a imaginary guitar of the electric variety which will no doubt have its own imaginary amp.*

"Certainly, amigo. When i play i create a melody of pure emotion in my head and let my fingers act it out. The instrument doesn't matter, it's all about the feeling. Get it?"

*snaps guitar in half and replaces it with a real cup of coffee seemingly pulled out of nowhere*

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Music is a reflection of the soul, I agree.

What we're dealing with today is... noisier. It's not necessarily a sweet melody, but in its own way, it can be beautiful. If destruction, pain, etc. etc. can be considered beautiful, of course.

So yeah, Sound Release. Why do you want to learn it?

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
There's a long pause before Godot answers his sensei. Mostly due to a steaming cup occupying his mouth. He props a hand by his chin as though he's pondering the question.

"For something as mundane as Sound it is incredibly useful and versatile, particularly in my line of work. It has the potential to be subtle, loud, soothing, confounding, harmless and destructive. It could add a new dimension to the way i do battle, particularly a battle of wits."

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
"To put it in laymen's terms, " Godot raises a hand, snapping his fingers in a slow rhythm. "Sound can described as audible vibrations that travel as waves through some sort of medium like air. Those vibrations are created whenever objects collide or rub against one another. People hear the sound once it reaches their ears and the vibrations are picked up by...the eardrum i believe. I won't bore you with a science class here. I think i have the gist of it."

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good, succinct answer. As expected from the great Ushiro-sensei :)

Sound chakra is molded in many different forms, waves... or frequencies. Different frequencies produce different effects. For example, lower frequency waves are often deeper and 'bass-like', whereas higher frequency ones are... higher and sharper. In combat, they can disrupt functions, senses, and delayed effects that can be explored through custom-made techniques. Some great advantages for Sound are its travel time (speed of Sound- fast!) as well as its near-intangibility and near-invisibility.

Wind is the best counter to Sound because it breaks up the medium/disrupts the medium/disrupts the sound waves themselves.

Let's get right to it. Our first technique is a supplementary one in which you apply sound chakra and sound waves in a non-lethal way, creating a sonar effect which bounces off objects and living things and even some non-physical things, relaying their location and other details (such as relative size and distance) back to you. It's essentially high-level sensing.

Questions, comments, or concerns?

(Ototon: Naiteki Ne no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Inner Sonar Skill
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Long
Chakra Cost: 10 (-1 per turn)
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user will enhance their hearing by infusing his ears with sound chakra. Then, by utilizing chakra and enfacing his lungs, the user will be able to control the frequency and intensity of the sound emitted from his simple breathing. This low frequency, inaudible sound is passively emitted and has no effect other than emerging from him and bouncing off of objects. Using the enhanced hearing, the user is able to know where everything is around them, effectively creating a sonar effect through the rebound and reflection of sound waves. The hearing and the sonar effect is precise enough so that one can effectively use it to substitute one's vision in battle if needed. Despite being very effective, specially if the user has any of his other senses hindered, it also leaves the user vulnerable to sound genjutsu or sound attacks which will be much more drastic in its effects.
Note: Lasts 6 turns

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Sorry for the extremely late reply. Shouldn't happen again. :sweat:

"Some questions for you: How effective would the sonar application be in a building? Could the low frequency sound emissions reach a person on another floor if both of us are in closed rooms. I just wonder if the sound will permeate the walls or simply bounce off. Also, can a person using this technique pick up on other people using it as well?"

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'll be taking over your training.

As for your question
-Yea, you would be able to sense that person as long as you are in the same landmark, even in a closed spaced.

You'll sense the person, but not their sensory.

Now for B-ranks

(Ototon: Chūnyū no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Infusion Technique
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage points: N/A
Description: A simple technique where the user touches an object and infuses it with sound chakra, enabling it to vibrate and produce a low frequency, high amplitude sound. The vibrations cause objects to bounce off of the targeted object which is highly useful when fighting with weapons or to make thrown basic weapons resist opposing thrown weapons.. It also resonates to the user if he were to be blind (because of a genjutsu for example), letting the the user know the objects position and what it deflects. It can also be applied to solid objects or structures the user may wish to destroy or, by applying it to the ground or similar, detect what is around him by making it resonate with the same low frequency. The object gets no added power, only the ability to deflect incoming objects that want to counter it.

With this special sound technique, you will focus your chakra and infuse an object with sound chakra making them vibrate with low frequency sound wav thus they are able to deflect other objects and can also be used to sense in a special way.

Give a usage example for both uses, deflection and sensory.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
No c ranks? That doesn't bother me at all. #_#

By infusing a lance with sound chakra I could prevent people from parrying my weapon when I thrust at them from a distance. Normally someone could deflect my weapon with their own and counterattack while I'm off balance. Instead, the vibrations produced by the lance would knock away anything trying to alter it's path.

If I were standing on the ceiling of a room beneath a group of people I want to ambush, I could make the floor below them produce that resonating sound and acuire the positions of everyone touching the floor in that area. If the vibrations are distracting to them it'll be easier to catch them off guard attacking from another direction while they're focused on the floor.

A question: Can I shoot an arrow i've infused with this jutsu?

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
-Yes, if its a solid arrow.

Have you ever wondered clapping your hands and things fades from your sights like th Hulk? Well the next jutsu is what the Hulk was secretly using.

(Ototon: Sumakku Te no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Clapping Hands
Type: Defensive
Description: The user charges Ototon chakra into the palms of their hands, and then smashes them together. The force creates high frequency sound waves which can be used to disperse incoming "solid" jutsu (only works on B-Rank or below jutsu) like those of Water Release or Earth Release.

From the description, you only need to clap your hands, having charged sound chakra into your hands. By clapping you release high frequency sound waves in an omni-directional manner up to short range. Any sold matter B-rank and below caught within the jutsu would be destroyed.

I begin to raiise a B-rank tavern around you to trap you.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
As a tavern rises around me i hold out my hands to my sides and gather sound chakra in my palms. When i slam my hands together a burst of high frequency sound waves surges all around me from the point of collusion. The tavern cannot withstand the destructive property of the sound waves and is blown to pieces like it was made of building blocks.

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very good. You can ask me questions if any arises.

The next one is one of my favorite just because it has something to do with Taijutsu.

(Ototon: Oto no Ken) - Sound Release: Sonic Fist
Type: Attack
Damage Points: 40
Description: The user gathers chakra either around their fist, arm, or leg and then charges towards their opponent. Upon utilizing an attack involving the aforementioned limb, it causes a release of sonic vibrations (of a low frequency but with a high amplitude) that act as a secondary strike, making the opponent unable to use the body part that has been hit for 1 turn. This happens because the sound vibrations damage soft tissue by resonating within the water molecules that reside within it. The effect is similar to a localized explosion upon contact that rips through the targeted area and creates a shockwave that blasts the target backwards. The skill is exceptionally useful if used against solid techniques such as those from Earth Release (or similar) which will shatter upon being hit.

An up close technique which can be used in conjunction with Taijutsu. And can also be used in way that you are able to punch and destroy solid techniques. By focusing sound chakra into your fist, you punch and release into an opponent or object low frequency and high amplitude sound wave that rips through an area, reminiscent to a localized explosion. Try it using both applications but in not so obvious ways.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
I slam my hands on the ground and raise a wall of earth between me and my opponent. Then i rush at the wall, gather sound chakra in my leg, and strike it with a forceful lateral lick. On impact, the wall is wrecked with sound vibrations that blast it apart and launch chucks of rubble toward my opponent. I dash around the side to flank him while he's being battered by rubble and gather sound chakra in my leg once again. I hop forward and stamp on my opponent's leg which disables it by damaging his soft tissue with a release of sound vibrations. I use my opponent's leg as a foothold in that moment and launch another lateral kick into his chest. Whether the attack is blocked or not, the previous attack on his leg robbed him of his stability and would easily topple him from the impact.

How large of a solid technique can be destroyed by this? What happens when you hit someone's head? Does it effect their brain?

Last edited:

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Logically, you can destroy just the base of a large structure and make the entire structure collapse. You just need the right point to hit and right timing. Hit a head and you can easily knock the person out with brain damage.

Ototon: Hibiki Rendan no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Echo
Assault Skill
Type: Offensive
Damage Points: 40
Description: The user gathers his sound chakra into his throat as he inhales afterwards exhaling as he screams, yells or roars. The resulting effect is a massive forward shockwave of low frequency, high amplitude sound that levels anything in its path. Despite weakening as it travels, its faster than most wind or lightning techniques and can still be defended from. If used within a water source it receives +20 damage.

This one is simple but useful. You focus sound into your throat and release low freq sound wave from your mouth by either yelling, screaming or roaring.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
I find myself thinking of a certain sorry excuse for a defense attorney as i gather sound chakra in my throat and inhale. Turning to face a group or trees, I exhale, shouting at the top of my lungs one of my favorite words:

You must be registered for see images

My voice is amplified greatly by my chakra and comes out as a shockwave of low frequency, high amplitude sound. The trees in my sight are torn down as the shockwave strikes them, reducing them to mere firewood.

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good

( Ototon Genjutsu: Funka to Botsuraku ) - Sound Release
Illusionary Art: Eruption and Downfall
Description: The user charges Ototon chakra into his hands
and snaps his fingers, triggering a genjutsu through the
emission of high frequency sound waves. As he snaps, the
sound is amplified, sounding as if it is directly by the
enemy's ear. To them, it sounds as if something has just
snapped in half. The user then manipulates the illusion to
make it appear as if either a large branch has fallen from a
tree or the ground under them has broken clean in half,
causing the target to believe they are falling through the
earth or have been struck with a large object, pushing them
to the earth. The user has control over the illusion, being
able to make it seem as if entire trees have been snapped in
half, falling on the target or as if an earth structure has
collapsed either above or beneath the opponent, etc. The
illusion can be edited to fit the situation and even the sound
can be slightly altered deepening on the object that is
"snapped". Is more effective depending upon the terrain this
is used in ( extremely effective in a forest, not effective in a
desert ).

Next one is a sound genjutsu. It is triggered by the snap of the finger. You focus chakra into your fingers and snap, releasing a high frequency sound that puts the oPponent in a genjutsu. In the geenjutsu, the opponent hears something snaps. This is however open to creativity and imagination. There are many things that can portray something splitting in two which is then incorporated in a set illusion. Let me see what kind of situation you can come up with.