Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

A thread to discuss Tower of God, generally focused around discussing the latest chapters and or previous chapters, but can also be utilised to discuss the Manhwa as a whole. Whether it be discussions about the lore, characters, setting, or sharing serious, hilarious, or otherwise interesting theories, and so on.
Basically a much needed general discussion thread for this amazing Manhwa, that will hopefully be utilised by current fans, new fans, older fans and future fans alike - and hopefully may even serve to draw new readers from the Base to this ingenious Manhwa.

Last edited by a moderator:

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: ToG: Latest/Any Chapter Discussion Thread

Tower of God Chapter 90 is out on Mangacow:
Maybe I should linkwhore this thread to people. <_>

Last edited:

7th Biggest OP Fan

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Didn't realize the chapter was out yet. Normally read ToG on mangahere.

Shit just got real!

Although I said that the chapter before that, and the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that, and....

But this time I mean it. Anyone else notice the miniature thorn floating behind him?

24 12 11 to troll

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Looks like Baam's got the thorn now! (He has a small bandaged thing over his shoulder like Horyangs wing)

CAN'T WAIT for next week!

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I thought it was an amazing chapter, although it does feel like somethings missing, as if something within the next few chapters will reveal the bigger picture of what happened in this chapter. Maybe something to do with the FUG factions, from the looks of it Ryun's just screwed Reflejo and Kakara over, by giving Baam the thorn and blaming the entire situation, and thus Baam's next course of action, upon the Kakara faction. Yet I can't help but think that there'll be some big 'But', or 'If', or 'Or, introduced sooner or later. Especially as Emile's significance has yet to be explained. ,_,

Other than that, is it me or does Baam's Bang's look a bit weak or unstable? I'm guessing that the Shinsoo drainer had a greater effect on him than let on, or the Thorn and Baam have yet to adjust to eachother leading to unstable Shinsoo control. As this new look doesn't necessarily look powered up, although I can't necessarily say they look weaker either.

24 12 11 to troll

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I thought it was an amazing chapter, although it does feel like somethings missing, as if something within the next few chapters will reveal the bigger picture of what happened in this chapter. Maybe something to do with the FUG factions, from the looks of it Ryun's just screwed Reflejo and Kakara over, by giving Baam the thorn and blaming the entire situation, and thus Baam's next course of action, upon the Kakara faction. Yet I can't help but think that there'll be some big 'But', or 'If', or 'Or, introduced sooner or later. Especially as Emile's significance has yet to be explained. ,_,
Something missing? I want to see Ha Jinsung and Karaka have it out on the spot! That would be amazing! I think Baam needs to fight a higher ranker before anything happens with FuG again. Maybe against Yuri Zahard? It could show us how far Baam has to go/has come and how strong the Thorn actually is.

Emile might later become the FuG "fat controller"...

Other than that, is it me or does Baam's Bang's look a bit weak or unstable? I'm guessing that the Shinsoo drainer had a greater effect on him than let on, or the Thorn and Baam have yet to adjust to eachother leading to unstable Shinsoo control. As this new look doesn't necessarily look powered up, although I can't necessarily say they look weaker either.
Baam only used 3 Bangs. SIU simply improved how he drew them, they look much cooler! Though it may have had something to do with the Shinsoo draining tentacle things.

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Something missing? I want to see Ha Jinsung and Karaka have it out on the spot! That would be amazing! I think Baam needs to fight a higher ranker before anything happens with FuG again. Maybe against Yuri Zahard? It could show us how far Baam has to go/has come and how strong the Thorn actually is.

Emile might later become the FuG "fat controller"...

Baam only used 3 Bangs. SIU simply improved how he drew them, they look much cooler! Though it may have had something to do with the Shinsoo draining tentacle things.
Yup, like a, 'But that can't be all' feel. Ha Jingsung Vs Kakara would be nice, as long as Jingsung wins. :l
Never Baam Vs Yuri D:. I don't want to have to see Yuri wreck him.
Though there are FUG rankers on board, and if Beta and Mad Dog go down I can foresee a Butthurt Reflejo ordering all FUG forces to attack...
Hopefully by that time Androssi will be on the scene. Baam + Androssi Vs a Ranker again, that'll definitely cure my Androssi withdrawal syndrome.

Now that you mention it, they do look cooler. And I think SIU's art increased for this chapter, it's back to how it was at it's peak during the Hand of Arlen, and One Shot One Opportunity arcs.

On a random note, I legit want to see Hwa Ryun sitting on Reflejo's throne before this season is over. Reflejo got a bit ahead of himself there with his whole evil tyrant overlord god act.

24 12 11 to troll

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Yup, like a, 'But that can't be all' feel. Ha Jingsung Vs Kakara would be nice, as long as Jingsung wins. :l
I hope Jinsung is a top 100 ranker. That would be (in the wise words of Joey Essex) "sick"!

Never Baam Vs Yuri D:. I don't want to have to see Yuri wreck him.
Now that Baam has Thorn I doubt Yuri could...

Though there are FUG rankers on board, and if Beta and Mad Dog go down I can foresee a Butthurt Reflejo ordering all FUG forces to attack...
I never liked Reflejo. Reminds me of Spandam from One Piece. That's something he's likely to do...

Hopefully by that time Androssi will be on the scene. Baam + Androssi Vs a Ranker again, that'll definitely cure my Androssi withdrawal syndrome.
I think Baam would be able to defeat any Non-High Ranker with Thorn. So Unless all the slayers are High Rankers he shouldn't really have a problem by himself.

Now that you mention it, they do look cooler. And I think SIU's art increased for this chapter, it's back to how it was at it's peak during the Hand of Arlen, and One Shot One Opportunity arcs.
SIU's art in recent chapters have been his best yet! He will keep improving. I think that soon his art may be on par with that of early Noblesse.

On a random note, I legit want to see Hwa Ryun sitting on Reflejo's throne before this season is over. Reflejo got a bit ahead of himself there with his whole evil tyrant overlord god act.
Hwa Ryun wouldn't do that...

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I hope Jinsung is a top 100 ranker. That would be (in the wise words of Joey Essex) "sick"!

Now that Baam has Thorn I doubt Yuri could...

I never liked Reflejo. Reminds me of Spandam from One Piece. That's something he's likely to do...

I think Baam would be able to defeat any Non-High Ranker with Thorn. So Unless all the slayers are High Rankers he shouldn't really have a problem by himself.

SIU's art in recent chapters have been his best yet! He will keep improving. I think that soon his art may be on par with that of early Noblesse.

Hwa Ryun wouldn't do that...
I have to wholeheartedly disagree with that, Yuri would annihilate him.
Yuri: Hey Baam, c'mere.
Baam: Okay
Yuri: Alright, let's play rock, paper, scissors.
Baam: Sure!
Yuri: Oh wait, there's a stupid fly, lemme flick it out of the air quickl-
BOOM
Yuri: Hey...Baam, are you still alive down there? I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to blast you into a chasm, honest.

¬_¬
But seriously, if Thorned - Viole is strong enough to beat Yuri, then that would mean that by the time he gets to like the 50th floor he'll be able to wreck anyone in the tower, which I just wouldn't like, nor do I see it happening. And, if the Thorn does turn out to be that powerful, there's a high chance Gustang would intervene and take it away from Baam before it becomes a threat to the 10 Family and Zahard regime.

I think, that the Thorn, will at best, provide him with the power to take out a Ranker such as Love in a 1vs1.
Although, rather than making such assumptions I guess it's just best if we wait to see it in action, as, it may betray all of our expectations.
Just plz, don't be some kind of creepy Enryu x Guardian Egg. <_>

SIU's art really has a nice feel to it, a certain kind of authenticity, it really does suit his Manhwa, really.

I can dream. T^T

7th Biggest OP Fan

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: [Manhwa] Tower of God: Latest/Any Chapter Discussion Thread

Chapter 172

Really good set up chapter this week. Not as an epic ending like last weeks but still awesome.

I wonder who is stronger, Mad Dog or Beta? Either or, it will be awesome to see how Baam handles both of them.

Drakengard

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

No comments on latest chapter?
"Viole" on his way to getting summoned

Wonder if they're gonna pull the whole "5 minutes until he arrives... that's plenty of time to kill you all!"

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

No comments on latest chapter?
"Viole" on his way to getting summoned

Wonder if they're gonna pull the whole "5 minutes until he arrives... that's plenty of time to kill you all!"
That's provided Beta can still interfere. Team Snake pulled out, and so it became free for all between the remaining three teams with only two being capable of advancing. So with the Medina being crushed it should spell the end of the round. Plus Beta's participation status should be stripped. So, if Beta does manage to strike back regardless, he may be inviting more trouble than he can cope with, especially if Koon ends up stepping from his floating bubble.

If Beta was smart, he would try to destroy the summoning well while fending off their attacks.

Rather, the real threat may end up being Reflejo. How much damage can he do to Viole in those 5 minutes? Provided he gets there on time. Then again, he may simply be trumped by Viole quite easily. There's no telling I guess. o^o

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards

What will Beta do is the question on my mind, he can't hit back without having some major recoil damage. Imagine if he does hit back and a guardian comes o-o I know that's extremely far fetched, but the the thorn that can killed a guardian put me in the mood. You may ask why would Viole attack a guardian? Well for some reason I feel that FUG has a guardian amidst it's ranks, and maybe that guardian is the one that comes to 'deal' with Beta or rather aid him. Viole would come and fight the guardian. Well I've rambled long enough z.z

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

What will Beta do is the question on my mind, he can't hit back without having some major recoil damage. Imagine if he does hit back and a guardian comes o-o I know that's extremely far fetched, but the the thorn that can killed a guardian put me in the mood. You may ask why would Viole attack a guardian? Well for some reason I feel that FUG has a guardian amidst it's ranks, and maybe that guardian is the one that comes to 'deal' with Beta or rather aid him. Viole would come and fight the guardian. Well I've rambled long enough z.z
Sorry, but I don't see a Guardian moving out just to deal with some little twerp who isn't even a Regular. That's provided they even care enough to monitor Viole and his situation.

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards

Sorry, but I don't see a Guardian moving out just to deal with some little twerp who isn't even a Regular. That's provided they even care enough to monitor Viole and his situation.
Like I said imagine o-o And if you read on you'd notice the mentioning of a FUG guardian, maybe the guardian is one of those 'I'm bored I'm gonna mess things up' type of characters. And we know the significance of the thorn to FUG, Viole is also a slayer candidate, so maybe that lands the guardian 'act' a few more probability points. Hypothetically speaking of course.

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Like I said imagine o-o And if you read on you'd notice the mentioning of a FUG guardian, maybe the guardian is one of those 'I'm bored I'm gonna mess things up' type of characters. And we know the significance of the thorn to FUG, Viole is also a slayer candidate, so maybe that lands the guardian 'act' a few more probability points. Hypothetically speaking of course.
There's never been a mention of a FUG guardian. Ever.
The only thing even remotely similar is that Headon's initial actions towards Baam and Rachel was seemingly of benefit to YHS, and by extension FUG.
To the best of current knowledge, all Guardians are 'Pro-Zahard' - and I use the term loosely. As, if they weren't he likely wouldn't have been capable of his current feats, such as becoming an immortal and setting up a virtually totalitarian kingdom.

Drakengard

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

What would you say the most scumbag moment of the series was?

I was going to put Lahel pushing Baam and later walking around on two legs but...

I'd say this one beats that