Legendary
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
You must be registered for see images

I just want nb's thoughts on this scan, since apparently i'm crazy for thinking Hiruzen is saying he wanted oro to be the next hokage

I'm referring to the part stating

"He was the One to carry on my will and my strength...I wanted to think it would be so"

couple that with what hiruzen said hereabout inheriting the will of the 1st and 2nd and being the third

You must be registered for see images

Bogard

Supreme
Kin
8๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
3๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
He says he wanted Orochimaru to carry his will like Madara says that Tsunade probably carried Hashirama's will, like Kishi said that Kakashi had the will of fire. I don't see where it means that he wanted him as a hokage. Will has nothing to do with hokage title. Will here is a principe you show follow. That's why there exist the will of fire, will of rock(something like that), or other wills

The God of Wind

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
You missed the part where he said "I wanted to think it would be so", But it wasn't so, because Oro was obviously a bad choice because of all that malice and ambition he had in him. So OFFICIALLY, Hiruzen chose Jiraiya. That was what my post meant son.

staticdash22

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
He says he wanted Orochimaru to carry his will like Madara says that Tsunade probably carried Hashirama's will, like Kishi said that Kakashi had the will of fire. I don't see where it means that he wanted him as a hokage. Will has nothing to do with hokage title. Will here is a principe you show follow. That's why there exist the will of fire, will of rock(something like that), or other wills
Nah, Hiruzen said he wanted Oro to succeed him. But because of what he saw in his heart, and the growing evil inside him, he couldn't choose him. His first choice would've been one of his students, but then he chose Minato.

Owarij

Legendary
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
You missed the part where he said "I wanted to think it would be so", But it wasn't so, because Oro was obviously a bad choice because of all that malice and ambition he had in him. So OFFICIALLY, Hiruzen chose Jiraiya. That was what my post meant son.

Are you debating yourself into the corner?

He's saying oro obv turned out to be a bad choice. But he WANTED oro to suceed him.. it didn't happen, couldn't happen

Owarij

Legendary
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Are you dense? In his heart Hiruzen wanted Orochimaru, but he OFFICIALLY CHOSE JIRAIYA who declined. What is it gonna take to get through to you?

Do you even know what the original argument was? who Hiruzen ACTUALLY wanted for hokage...

He WANTED oro
He ASKED jiraya

there is a difference

Oro WANTED itachi
Oro settled for Sasuke

Do you get it yet?

The God of Wind

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ

Do you even know what the original argument was? who Hiruzen ACTUALLY wanted for hokage...

He WANTED oro
He ASKED jiraya

there is a difference

Oro WANTED itachi
Oro settled for Sasuke

Do you get it yet?
Okay there is a also a huge difference between SAYING WHAT HE WANTED and THINKING IT!

SO HIRUZEN SAID, OUT LOUD, THAT HE WANTED JIRAIYA, WHO DECLINED, The OFFICIAL STATEMENT . THEN HE CHOSE MINATO. <This is what Tsunade was talking about and this is, as I believed, what the argument was about.

Owarij

Legendary
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Thread maker is a idiot. Hiruzens CHOICE was jiraiya but jiraiya declined because of his destiny to find a apprentice. He couldn't have found the apprentice if he was glued to the village.

except i'm not asking who he chose, I'm asking who he originally wanted to be hokage.. which by that scan shows it's Orochimaru, also I have no idea what the other parts of your statement is saying

Okay there is a also a huge difference between SAYING WHAT HE WANTED and THINKING IT!

SO HIRUZEN SAID, OUT LOUD, THAT HE WANTED JIRAIYA, WHO DECLINED, The OFFICIAL STATEMENT . THEN HE CHOSE MINATO. <This is what Tsunade was talking about and this is, as I believed, what the argument was about.

Right... If i'm constantly thinking that I want 1million$ and in my heart I want it, yet I say out loud i'll take 100

You do realize it changes nothing right? I still wanted the 1million$, I just chose something else

The God of Wind

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ

except i'm not asking who he chose, I'm asking who he originally wanted to be hokage.. which by that scan shows it's Orochimaru, also I have no idea what the other parts of your statement is saying

Right... If i'm constantly thinking that I want 1million$ and in my heart I want it, yet I say out loud i'll take 100

You do realize it changes nothing right? I still wanted the 1million$, I just chose something else
And I believe the argument was about his CHOICE, what he actually CHOSE. Not what he was thinking.