Veteran
Kin
78💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This thread is basically me discussing about the rappers that I still have faith in. So let's start..

Kendrick Lamar ~ This man was obviously going to be on the list.. If there's one thing that every rap geek can agree with, is that the man can rap greatly. He can be smooth at times, but then sometimes change it up with roughness which makes him so special. His flow and versatility is one of the main quality's Kendrick is the reason rap will be saved, instead of us hearing those half-arsed rappers that are on the radio right now. Kendrick Lamar also respect history and looks at the greats and incorporates what they've done and adds it on to his own game, and basically perfects his songs by doing this. His album 'Good Kid, M.A.A.D City' bringed back story telling to rap which me, and I'm sure a lot of others missed so much, but Kendrick brang it back. Kendrick's story telling through his Albums and Songs is really impressive; he captivates you and brings you into his own little world and makes you feel it. To add on to all of this, Kendrick has a unique voice which works incredibly well with his style of Rap.

Favourite Album ~ Good Kid, M.A.A.D City
Best Album ~ Good Kid, M.A.A.D City

J. Cole ~ While Kendrick Lamar was the one who brang storytelling through rap back, J. Cole perfected it and is in many hearts the best storyteller of this Era of rap. The depth that his lyrics has is just mind blowing. J. Cole also has a good flow to him, clever punchlines and has the ability to almost adapt and take other Artists talents and put it in his own songs. J. Cole emulates all the greats, while bringing originality and personality to music which makes his stories so, so much better. Within every song of his, there's a story to it.

Favourite Album ~ Born Sinner
Best Album ~ Cole World: The Sideline Story

Tyler, The Creator ~ Ok Tyler.. I won't rant on about this one, but all I'm gonna say is that he has artistry in his songs and a unique voice which tells a beautiful tale in his Album's. Tyler is my favourite, favourite rapper at the moment and I don't think my opinion will change any time soon and if you listen to Tyler, you'll fall in love with him sooner or later.

Favourite Album ~ Wolf
Best Album ~ Goblin

Honorable Mentions:

Logic ~

Favourite Album ~ Young Sinatra: Undeniable
Best Album ~ Under Pressure

Childish Gambino ~

Favourite Album ~ Camp
Best Album ~ Because the Internet

UNDFTD

Veteran
Kin
78💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm not really into those new generation rappers, I would still pick nas, cormega or prodigy over all of them :erm:
Ah, I'm the complete opposite off you aha, I've listened to Nas and all the greats of their Era but for some reason I can't get back to the old's, it feels weird. These 3 are the greats of this Era just like Nas, and Tupac was of theirs. Give these a listen man, you wont be disappointed.

K.Dot is one beast. I havent heard J.Cole, but why not try Hopsin. Tht guy is pretty good imo
Mann, it doesn't matter how many times I try to listen to Hopsin, something just seems off. I cant figure what it is though.

Really, Childish Gambino? hmm Interesting.
Yeah, feel like he deserves an honourable mention. :)

Cooh

Veteran
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ah, I'm the complete opposite off you aha, I've listened to Nas and all the greats of their Era but for some reason I can't get back to the old's, it feels weird. These 3 are the greats of this Era just like Nas, and Tupac was of theirs. Give these a listen man, you wont be disappointed.
I did, but I just can't feel that new rap shit. Maybe I'm too old don't know. Rap died imo when the 90's ended. That new shit just can't get me in the same mood like that 90's shit, too much good memories when I listen to that old stuff like Mobb Deep etc.

Last edited:

UNDFTD

Veteran
Kin
78💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hopsin's good too .
I just can't get into his music for some reason.

I did, but I just can't feel that new rap shit. Maybe I'm too old don't know. Rap died imo when the 90's ended. That new shit just can't get me in the same mood like that 90's shit, too much good memorys when I listen to that old stuff like Mobb Deep etc.
Hmm, guess we both have different styles, but I respect yours. It's good to know that you listened to all of the greats. I respect all the people who were born in that Era and live with their rap.

P3ĮÑ

Immortal
Kin
375💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree with cooh with this one, I don't see the new rap era matching older emcees, the great multi's. J dilla Diabolic, Wu-tang, Big L, inspectah deck, monch, Antipop Consortium (not really an old group), eyedea, rakim, Raekwon, RZA, DOOM, method man, jedi mind tricks, mos def etc I just can't get the same vibe, or feel with kendrick, eminem, hopsin as I did with these guys. It's lacking, in flow and lyricism. There are exceptions, now I love earlsweatshirt and immortal technique.

Last edited:

UNDFTD

Veteran
Kin
78💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I agree with cooh with this one, I don't see the new rap era matching older emcees, the great multi's. Diabolic, Wu-tang, Big L, inspectah deck, monch, Antipop Consortium, eyedea, rakim, Raekwon, RZA, DOOM, method man, jedi mind tricks, mos def etc I just can't get the same vibe, or feel with kendrick, eminem, hopsin as I did with these guys. It's just lacking. There are exceptions, now I love earlsweatshirt and immortal technique.
Yeah, I see where you and Cooh are coming and I fully respect your's and his opinions but you got to admit.. These 5 rapper's I've mention in my post are the closest that have ever been to the legendary era. ^_^