The New Arizona Law ummm doesn't seem racist to you?

Do you agree with this law?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GYM

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You guys are really funny. Look at statistics. Which race has the highest percentage of representatives who are illegal immigrants? In Arizona? *Drums* Probably it's Latino, isn't it?

Statistics is racist... oh snap.

I think it's quite logical. I mean it is as logical as for instance stopping tuned E36 Bmw's, because they are mostly owned by the most inadequate drivers... And that's not even official data ,that's just suspicion or prejudice which appears to be correct :p

Last edited:
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This law is quite controversial and there are many opinions. Hopefully this law is taken down before anything serious happens.

This law is really heated I hate it doen to the bone because it is racial profiling. The police have to do their job but that doesn't always happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cirus

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok this new law where the police have the right to stop anybody that looks illegal seems a bit racist to me. How does somebody look illegal it makes no sense. Also we all know that the police will abuse their power and stop only Mexicans. Some will beat them up while some will be doing racial profiling. I don't think this law if right at all. I want to know what everybody else thinks.
Police don't have the right to stop anyone just because of how they look, there is a thing as probable cause that is needed to stop someone. This law that Arizona is putting into place make it so that law enforcement officials can actually do something about the illegal population when they encounter them. Which at half a million people is a considerable amount, and not including that the state is a popular one for illegals to pass through.

In states that don't have laws like this if a law enforcement official were to run across an illegal immigrant they would not really be able to do anything about it.

GYM

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Exactly. So that police could answer " Why did u stop me " by " you look suspicious " :)

It's what they do when they stop you driving, no?

I thought they can stop people randomly for document checks... and explain it with " we stopped you randomly" no?

Rei

Legendary
Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Exactly. So that police could answer " Why did u stop me " by " you look suspicious " :)

It's what they do when they stop you driving, no?

I thought they can stop people randomly for document checks... and explain it with " we stopped you randomly" no?
I understand what you mean, but you are assuming by definition that all these people will be treated with respect of their human rights; whilst I by definition assume, that in the police departments there are people (as in every profession) that are sick and abusive and will take advantage of this "law" for racial profiling -at least-.
A democratic society needs to have set borders and defend them, but always with respect to the human rights of people -even if they are trying to get in illegally. There's no reason to give more power to someone who has proven that abuses the power that he already has.
I'm speaking for some officers ofc, not everyone.

Deidara...

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
everyone who thinks this law says "if you look Mexican we are going to remove you" that's not what it's about.

the state of Arizona passed an ordinance stating that they are now overriding the federal plans for controlling immigration because they simply aren't effective. ( state rights to override ineffective judicial review is our tenth amendment)

they are saying that if your "official documents" look false, they have the right to investigate you and that's perfectly legal. the police will never have the right to say "you look Mexican and illegal come down to the station s we can deport you"