The New Arizona Law ummm doesn't seem racist to you?

Do you agree with this law?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok this new law where the police have the right to stop anybody that looks illegal seems a bit racist to me. How does somebody look illegal it makes no sense. Also we all know that the police will abuse their power and stop only Mexicans. Some will beat them up while some will be doing racial profiling. I don't think this law if right at all. I want to know what everybody else thinks.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok this new law where the police have the right to stop anybody that looks illegal seems a bit racist to me. How does somebody look illegal it makes no sense. Also we all know that the police will abuse their power and stop only Mexicans. Some will beat them up while some will be doing racial profiling. I don't think this law if right at all. I want to know what everybody else thinks.
Lmao thats awsome, hmmm i dont like the looks of him, lets kick the crap out him a little...

hehe

Sorry, yeh it seems a bit racist but they do need to try and cut down on imergration

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The law isn't racist, you are. Your interpretation of the law is very very racist, not to mention that it's incorrect, most probably.

Unless you give me the official quote, from what you've said, the rule says stop, not murder. If you see someone that appears to be doing illegal stuff, owns doubtfull documents, has bad mastery over english, and simply seems foreigner (And remember, that's just one of the topics,not the only one) then they have the right to stop them and evaluate their citzenship, which can be done by reading their I.D., not necesseraly break their ribs...

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The law isn't racist, you are. Your interpretation of the law is very very racist, not to mention that it's incorrect, most probably.

Unless you give me the official quote, from what you've said, the rule says stop, not murder. If you see someone that appears to be doing illegal stuff, owns doubtfull documents, has bad mastery over english, and simply seems foreigner (And remember, that's just one of the topics,not the only one) then they have the right to stop them and evaluate their citzenship, which can be done by reading their I.D., not necesseraly break their ribs...
Yeh what she said....

Its just more fun to imagine a guy looking at some other guy thinking "woop i can use the law as an excuse *cracks nuckles" lol

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

The law is racist think about it. If you were spanish and you were in Arizona you will be profile as being illegal. I do agree with you that immagration ahs to be cut down. .

TOBI!

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
well i would agree with the law if police only had to check it if you were say, pulled over for speeding, but just randomly off the streets encourages racial profiling

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The law is racist think about it. If you were spanish and you were in Arizona you will be profile as being illegal. I do agree with you that immagration ahs to be cut down. .
Unless you know your rights. Police is under alot of rules, and even the minor thing as not showing their badge can result on the designation of the officer. It's not like they're roaming arounf trashing all they can. They need to have some sort of reason behind their actions.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes it is true that police have a lot of rules but they don't folow them. If you watch the news you see them abusing people all the time which most of the time the person doesn't do anything but still everyone believes the police.

thanks for agreeing and yes it does encourage racial profiling.

It all depends on the person

I do respect your opinion

Last edited by a moderator:

Musashibo

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Do you mean "Probable Cause"? If so then your are completely off base. Your statement itself makes it seem as though that the police is racist to begin with. Your idea of this law is also a problem since you believe it is only targeting races that is different from the person that passed the law. =/

Probable cause is when a person is shown to have a high probability of causing harm to others, stealing, breaking an entering, and other types of law breaking actions.

When you see a person with a gun in their jacket walking towards a person in an ally... Do you A: Stop and arrest the man, or B: Walk away until you hear a gunshot.

:|

Rei

Legendary
Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree with you, if this is the official quote.
And I also agree that by definition we know that some police officers will abuse their powers.

What's racist about saying that racial profiling is encouraged by this law?

I do understand the point that there should be measures about the illegal immigration but this is over the line. What does "someone that appears to be doing illegal stuff" mean anyway? Do these people have horns on their foreheads? How someone can appear to be doing illegal stuff if he's not holding a gun or drugs or he's not beating up anyone or if he's not speeding? Just by his face I guess and that's the point.
Plus, last time I checked a police officer wouldn't need this new law to stop and check someone who is holding a gun. From this point of view, this law seems also completely unnecessary.

Do you mean "Probable Cause"? If so then your are completely off base. Your statement itself makes it seem as though that the police is racist to begin with. Your idea of this law is also a problem since you believe it is only targeting races that is different from the person that passed the law. =/

Probable cause is when a person is shown to have a high probability of causing harm to others, stealing, breaking an entering, and other types of law breaking actions.

When you see a person with a gun in their jacket walking towards a person in an ally... Do you A: Stop and arrest the man, or B: Walk away until you hear a gunshot.

:|
Yes, but if you see a person with a gun in their jacket walking towards a person in an ally...you don't need this new law to act, right?

Shunsui

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
so it means the new law is against immigrants? not suspicious looking or smth else
probably people looking like that, would be controled
You must be registered for see images

in that case, i agree....