The Martyr of Konoha: The Itachi Uchiha FC

If you could have 1 of Itachi's jutsu/tools, which one would it be?

• Total voters

Chie

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Too bad that Kishi never showed us the love story of Itachi in the Manga.
We didn't even get to see his lover's face.
In 2009 Kishimoto said that he was thinking of doing an "Itachi Nagori" (Itachi's Memories) excerpt somewhat like Kakashi Gaiden- but decided not to due to not having enough time and the difficulty of trying to fit in a non-main character's detailed past in the Naruto manga series story line.

Then, there's also a factor of some of his memories being too gruesome/tragic (seeing 3rd shinobi war through eyes of a 4 yr old), massacre through his eyes, Anbu missions in detail, political matters, etc that are too much for a shounen & are better for older audiences viewing a seinen manga.

Plus, if a series were to detail his life it would be much longer than something like Kakashi Gaiden (which was 6 chapters) and have too much character interaction/involvement (Mikoto/Fugaku right before his birth, Minato/Kushina pre-Kyuubi attack, his parents after, his life initially before Sasuke was born, the 12 yr olds at the Academy he went to school with when he was 7, teachers at the academy, Uchiha clan kids he knew, most members of the Uchiha clan since he was the heir and would know all of them, random shinobi from Konoha of the time, shinobi kids he fought in the Chuunin exams which would also include some Hyuuga since I bet their clan members had a kid going every year too, Anbu members like Kakashi and Yamato as well as others at the time, random places he went to on missions alone as a 7-13 yr old, places he'd go to find ancient texts and read up on village history, more interaction with Sasuke, places he went after the massacre and people he'd meet, interaction and elaboration on all other Akatsuki, interaction with people from other villages since Akatsuki were paid commissions for missions by them, etc.) And much, much more.

I think another reason other than the aforementioned that he never went through with this idea nor plans to do so is because if one starts- where do they start? Where do they end? This would be enough to make a manga series alone.

Not only that, but there would be pressure if Kishimoto were to undertake a project like that. Both from people expecting too much, and also expecting this for other characters (Jins, Hyuuga, Kages, etc) since Itachi isn't a main character and would be getting that.

Kishimoto probably is making a series centered around the kids instead of past side characters since it's a new slate. We know relatively nothing about the kids other than who the parents are, so the audience has low expectations or no expectations- it's easier to write about them and not fear messing up or displeasing fans since their characterizations have not been established yet.

Tl;dr- Sorry to ramble on with these random walls of text. xD Just felt like sharing that info. Kishi considered elaborating but decided against it for understandable reasons.

Last edited:

KayaUzumaki

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Great responses everyone! I personally think that Itachi would play the violin and flute. They can both be very mournful/soulful sounding and that fits him perfectly.

And speaking of Itachi...
You must be registered for see images

Kaya, you're back!

xD Thanks for posting again.(':
Hehe yeah that was a bit too long of a hiatus for me. It's good to be back!

But of course! I would not abandon my fellow Itachi fans. :) Even if you don't see me, I will always be watching over this FC. ;)

In 2009 Kishimoto said that he was thinking of doing an "Itachi Nagori" (Itachi's Memories) excerpt somewhat like Kakashi Gaiden- but decided not to due to not having enough time and the difficulty of trying to fit in a non-main character's detailed past in the Naruto manga series story line.

Then, there's also a factor of some of his memories being too gruesome/tragic (seeing 3rd shinobi war through eyes of a 4 yr old), massacre through his eyes, Anbu missions in detail, political matters, etc that are too much for a shounen & are better for older audiences viewing a seinen manga.

Plus, if a series were to detail his life it would be much longer than something like Kakashi Gaiden (which was 6 chapters) and have too much character interaction/involvement (Mikoto/Fugaku right before his birth, Minato/Kushina pre-Kyuubi attack, his parents after, his life initially before Sasuke was born, the 12 yr olds at the Academy he went to school with when he was 7, teachers at the academy, Uchiha clan kids he knew, most members of the Uchiha clan since he was the heir and would know all of them, random shinobi from Konoha of the time, shinobi kids he fought in the Chuunin exams which would also include some Hyuuga since I bet their clan members had a kid going every year too, Anbu members like Kakashi and Yamato as well as others at the time, random places he went to on missions alone as a 7-13 yr old, places he'd go to find ancient texts and read up on village history, more interaction with Sasuke, places he went after the massacre and people he'd meet, interaction and elaboration on all other Akatsuki, interaction with people from other villages since Akatsuki were paid commissions for missions by them, etc.) And much, much more.

I think another reason other than the aforementioned that he never went through with this idea nor plans to do so is because if one starts- where do they start? Where do they end? This would be enough to make a manga series alone.

Not only that, but there would be pressure if Kishimoto were to undertake a project like that. Both from people expecting too much, and also expecting this for other characters (Jins, Hyuuga, Kages, etc) since Itachi isn't a main character and would be getting that.

Kishimoto probably is making a series centered around the kids instead of past side characters since it's a new slate. We know relatively nothing about the kids other than who the parents are, so the audience has low expectations or no expectations- it's easier to write about them and not fear messing up or displeasing fans since their characterizations have not been established yet.

Tl;dr- Sorry to ramble on with these random walls of text. xD Just felt like sharing that info. Kishi considered elaborating but decided against it for understandable reasons.
I want to rep you so bad for this but I can't. :T_T:

Last edited:

Chie

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So, I don't even watch the anime at this point but saw some screenshots of ending 32 (which led me to watch the actual ending).
The feels.

And as for relevance to this thread, here are two screenshots from ending 32:

The first one is sad, but the second one really tugged at my heart-strings given that's the most painful moment for anyone in this manga. It was also a new scene in that we actually see him stab his father (that was off-panel in the chapters) and his expression is at a different angle here. It's the most horrifying night of Itachi's life and the day he commits the gravest sin, all while in reality this is not a crime that he could evade w/o worse damage in a broader sense. He also has a relatively pure heart in comparison to the other characters and is wise.

Plus, I like the contrast between the images. The one where he's a thirteen year old child is a moment where his future is dark and his path is taking a turn for the worse. The first one where he's 21 is when his path is finally ending instead of starting and he does something that is undoubtedly heroic for Sasuke's benefit at that point (die so the latter's scarring can be completed, deemed a hero for taking down the betrayer/missing-nin, etc).

It's his most serene moment (his plan is working, his journey is nearing the end and he accepts it) vs his most stressful/painful moment (being forced into a position where he has to kill the parents he holds dear).

I also noticed the lighting between the two scenes. The figures in the first are light and there's little use of shading (a happier, "brighter" image), while in the second the figures are difficult to see (very dark, blurry, little composition= bleaker image and sad symbolism).

Tl;dr- His story was my favorite and this ending reminded me of that.

KayaUzumaki

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Great fanart finds you two!

So, I don't even watch the anime at this point but saw some screenshots of ending 32 (which led me to watch the actual ending).
The feels.

And as for relevance to this thread, here are two screenshots from ending 32:

The first one is sad, but the second one really tugged at my heart-strings given that's the most painful moment for anyone in this manga. It was also a new scene in that we actually see him stab his father (that was off-panel in the chapters) and his expression is at a different angle here. It's the most horrifying night of Itachi's life and the day he commits the gravest sin, all while in reality this is not a crime that he could evade w/o worse damage in a broader sense. He also has a relatively pure heart in comparison to the other characters and is wise.

Plus, I like the contrast between the images. The one where he's a thirteen year old child is a moment where his future is dark and his path is taking a turn for the worse. The first one where he's 21 is when his path is finally ending instead of starting and he does something that is undoubtedly heroic for Sasuke's benefit at that point (die so the latter's scarring can be completed, deemed a hero for taking down the betrayer/missing-nin, etc).

It's his most serene moment (his plan is working, his journey is nearing the end and he accepts it) vs his most stressful/painful moment (being forced into a position where he has to kill the parents he holds dear).

I also noticed the lighting between the two scenes. The figures in the first are light and there's little use of shading (a happier, "brighter" image), while in the second the figures are difficult to see (very dark, blurry, little composition= bleaker image and sad symbolism).

Tl;dr- His story was my favorite and this ending reminded me of that.
Still can't rep you! :NO: That was just...a beautiful summation. <3

Magatsu Izanagi

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hey friends.

Just wanted to say that I've started work on a new thread (seems like I always "announce" it here ever since I've been doing them ;p ). Now, it isn't exactly "Itachi-centric", but he is mentioned a few times, and is the main focus of one of the sections. Just wanted to hype everyone up :rolleyes:

I'll link it here when I'm finished~

Last edited:

Edenia

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey friends.

Just wanted to say that I've started work on a new thread (seems like I always "announce" it here ever since I've been doing them ;p ). Now, it isn't exactly "Itachi-centric", but he is mentioned a few times, and is the main focus of one of the sections. Just wanted to hype everyone up :rolleyes:

I'll link it here when I'm finished~
can't wait to read it :)

Transcendence

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've been so inactive here... Excuse me for that. Like Magatsu, I've started on a thread. Bound to be insanely long. It's an overall Sasuke analysis, but there's going to be a lot of Itachi in there given Itachi's impact on Sasuke and on the entire plot as a whole. I'll post it here when it's done.

Magatsu Izanagi

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I've been so inactive here... Excuse me for that. Like Magatsu, I've started on a thread. Bound to be insanely long. It's an overall Sasuke analysis, but there's going to be a lot of Itachi in there given Itachi's impact on Sasuke and on the entire plot as a whole. I'll post it here when it's done.
Good to see you back here, and glad to see you're working on what's bound to be an amazing thread. Can't wait to read it!

Reactions: Transcendence

KayaUzumaki

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*wanders into thread*

Me: Haha! For once I haven't been gone so long!
Itachi: You're late.
Me: I'm not THAT late! *mumbles* I had things to do...

Hehe sorry guys...I'm a bit loopy from lack of sleep. :sweat:

Reactions: Tennis Robot