Olorin

Legendary
Kin
268💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
the only way a naruto live action movie turns out ok is if its not naruto anymore, you just can't show Naruto style comba, artstyle, gestures, manga one-lines, jutsu, ... without it looking abnormally fake

superhero movies work as long as they are toned down a lot and based more on science and technology rather than mysticism and magic, those only work in small doses like with LoTR or Harry Potter, but a manga like Naruto can not be adapted in a good live action style unless it's changed to teh point it's not naruto anymore

Marin

Veteran
Kin
306💸
Kumi
2,001💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Until we actually get a good adaptation such a position is completely justified. Only anime that should ever get a live adaptation should be that which is close to real world as it is. We don't need more bad costumes and crappy CGI.

the only way a naruto live action movie turns out ok is if its not naruto anymore, you just can't show Naruto style comba, artstyle, gestures, manga one-lines, jutsu, ... without it looking abnormally fake

superhero movies work as long as they are toned down a lot and based more on science and technology rather than mysticism and magic, those only work in small doses like with LoTR or Harry Potter, but a manga like Naruto can not be adapted in a good live action style unless it's changed to teh point it's not naruto anymore
I disagree with the superhero part. Whether it is magic or sci-fi doesn't matter. Superheroes are perfectly adaptable into live-action because they're already actual people present in the real world (most of the times). You don't have to deal with backlash for deviating from the unrealistic artstyle and huge budget only for set pieces.

Superheroes are also american property so they fit better with the audience and won't have to be americanized as it went with Evolution and as such big cultural icons they're given the biggest budgets to pull off those flashy visuals. All this is something anime in general lacks.

Last edited:

PositiveEmotions

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

If they change Naruto fans are gonna be even more mad lol and trust me on that one there are many loyal Naruto fans that would hate that.

I myself am supporting this actually cause the creator of Naruto is gonna be involved in it and thus far everything that he has been involved or not Naruto has always sticken to the source material thus far.

Until we actually get a good adaptation such a position is completely justified. Only anime that should ever get a live adaptation should be that which is close to real world as it is. We don't need more bad costumes and crappy CGI.

I disagree with the superhero part. Whether it is magic or sci-fi doesn't matter. Superheroes are perfectly adaptable into live-action because they're already actual people present in the real world (most of the times). You don't have to deal with backlash for deviating from the unrealistic artstyle and huge budget only for set pieces.

Superheroes are also american property so they fit better with the audience and won't have to be americanized as it went with Evolution and as such big cultural icons they're given the biggest budgets to pull off those flashy visuals. All this is something anime in general lacks.
You would be surprised how many people dislike super hero movies, I don't like the MCU movies cause they don't stick to the source material most of the time.

Actually anime can be done right here are some examples from ghost in the shell

You must be registered for see images

As you can see anime can be done right if the right people follow the source material to some degree.

Last edited: