PositiveEmotions

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The logic of some anime fans one Bad American movie based on a Japanese anime all newer future American movies based on Japenese animes movies will suck.

I find it ironic that they say Naruto is gonna suck cause of all the attempts they made when really Hollywood has only one movie based on a anime out now lol, I also find it ironic that they say all Hollywood movies based on anime future movies will suck including the 2 upcoming movies Naruto and Bleach but some how thing Ghost in the Shell looks amazing which Ghost in the Shell is also based on a Japanese anime lol, oh the irony lol.

You must be registered for see images

InfiniteMugen

KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's the same way with games, movies based on games suck 95% of the time. Same with live action adaptations of cartoons and mangas/animes. Even most super hero movies where complete and utter garbage for the longest time

PositiveEmotions

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There are some anime that shouldnt be turned into movies and naruto is one.
It's the same way with games, movies based on games suck 95% of the time. Same with live action adaptations of cartoons and mangas/animes. Even most super hero movies where complete and utter garbage for the longest time
People are already liking where ghost in the shell is going and the irony behind is that behind that is before a trailer was out people were saying is gonna suck and now their saying it looks promising.

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The logic is the things that happen in your average anime do not translate well to live action. It is common sense, and only natural to assume will be cringy as f*ck. Not to mention the fact Hollywood always fails to create proper adaptations of anything bar American superhero comics because they actually bother with that and the tone for those is more realistic already.

The only way Naruto will be good if they treat it seriously asf with a huge budget, which they won't because it's a risk they're taking.

Ghost in the Shell's vibe is different than a fantasy world like Naruto or Bleach, so they can make that work.

And besides, why does everything need a live action adaptation? I enjoy manga and anime as it is, more so than live action movies anyways.

PositiveEmotions

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The logic is the things that happen in your average anime do not translate well to live action. It is common sense, and only natural to assume will be cringy as f*ck. Not to mention the fact Hollywood always fails to create proper adaptations of anything bar American superhero comics because they actually bother with that and the tone for those is more realistic already.

The only way Naruto will be good if they treat it seriously asf with a huge budget, which they won't because it's a risk they're taking.

Ghost in the Shell's vibe is different than a fantasy world like Naruto or Bleach, so they can make that work.

And besides, why does everything need a live action adaptation? I enjoy manga and anime as it is, more so than live action movies anyways.
So by your logic only ghost in the shell can work but not the others?

Hells I can name all the actors people bashed before they became their popular Marvel heroes

InfiniteMugen

KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
People are already liking where ghost in the shell is going and the irony behind is that behind that is before a trailer was out people were saying is gonna suck and now their saying it looks promising.
That's a horrible comparison, ghost is nothing like naruto, future militaristic with an adult tone vs ninja with colorful elemental attacks and giant avatars and animal summons. Don't get me wrong if you wanna see people with bad contact lenses hurling expensive but still noticeable cgi at each other on a green screen be my guest

BLAZE

Immortal
Kin
4💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
there diff between a sci fic and an orange jumpsuit wearing ninja movie :kd:

GITS will target a much larger audience and has a bankable actress.Naruto will turn out live DB evolution since neither will they get plot;nor bankable actors;nor a wide audience :lol its reality that most would not go and watch that ninja movie about orange jumpsuit wearing ninja kid with nine tails inside him and who goes out screaming love and peace

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So by your logic only ghost in the shell can work but not the others?

Hells I can name all the actors people bashed before they became their popular Marvel heroes
ghost in the shell is grounded in reality and the idea has been traversed before in hollywood. Spec ops team? done millions of times.
Futuristic technology? done millions of times.

Therefore it isnt hard for ghost in the shell to be adapted.

Where as its only in the past decade and change that movies based on comics turn out amazing. And movies based on fantasy manga and comics thus far has been crap. So its safe to have skepticism on this topic. Look at dragonball evolution, look at the last airbender.

PositiveEmotions

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But it will suck tho
Your evidence?

Kenshin, some fan made Naruto live action fights were good lol.

there diff between a sci fic and an orange jumpsuit wearing ninja movie :kd:

GITS will target a much larger audience and has a bankable actress.Naruto will turn out live DB evolution since neither will they get plot;nor bankable actors;nor a wide audience :lol its reality that most would not go and watch that ninja movie about orange jumpsuit wearing ninja kid with nine tails inside him and who goes out screaming love and peace
Actually people would see it hells they see the cheesy youtube live action fan made mini movie ones yet people love those

Movies based in fantasy world without much based on reality, are harder to do. So yeah.
ghost in the shell is grounded in reality and the idea has been traversed before in hollywood. Spec ops team? done millions of times.
Futuristic technology? done millions of times.

Therefore it isnt hard for ghost in the shell to be adapted.

Where as its only in the past decade and change that movies based on comics turn out amazing. And movies based on fantasy manga and comics thus far has been crap. So its safe to have skepticism on this topic. Look at dragonball evolution, look at the last airbender.
That doesn't change the fact that both Naruto and ghost in the shell are both anime shows meaning if one is good in a Hollywood movie then that means the other would could also be good.

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That doesn't change the fact that both Naruto and ghost in the shell are both anime shows meaning if one is good in a Hollywood movie then that means the other would could also be good.
again, that's not the reason why people are skeptic. Using 'amine' as a blanket term to assume its all the same is lazy on your part.

Avatar and spiderman are both comics and cartoons yet only spider man turned out movies after decades of sh!t ones.

GITS has more in common with, the matrix, or tactical espionage movies than it does with naruto.

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your evidence?

Kenshin, some fan made Naruto live action fights were good lol.

Actually people would see it hells they see the cheesy youtube live action fan made mini movie ones yet people love those

No, you have to consider the anime individually. One with a realistic/futuristic tone is easier to do than a fantasy. Just because they're both anime doesn't mean they can be adapted with the same difficulty.

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Anime =/= Anime

Anime with more realistic artstyle and setting, such as Death Note do work a lot better as "live action movies", because they already are similar to real life looking stuff. Anime like DB or Naruto would need hell of a lot expensive CGI in order to look not pitifully ugly. And no company will put so much effort and money into a big risk, a niche product.

Imagine how characters like Jiraiya, Naruto, Sasuke, Madara or Kaguya would look with real people. Their hair would be super ugly, similar to how bad the anime-shaped realistic hair in Final Fantasy looks. Or they would look like in the Boruto-manga, which is equally bad. Then, besides the characters, you need to think about the world in which the story takes place. Villages, other places, animals and jutsu. Jutsu would probably be the ugliest part of a real life movie. Look at how pitiful the execution of Ki in DB Evolution was. Even with Michael Bay animation, it would suck visually. The way they animated the 4 elements in the "The Last Airbender" movie (CGI) would be realistic for a Naruto live-action movie. And now don't tell me you think that looks good.

Now lets look past the visuals. What about the story? Which part of Naruto do you want to put into a 1,5 hour movie? How is that supposed to work out? That's also one of the reasons why a The Last of Us movie will most likely suck, even though I dearly love the game. Not all stories are made for movies.

Why do people even want live-action movies? Drawn and animated fantasy worlds usually are way more appealing than their live-action counterparts. CGI is way more expensive and sets limits that you simply do not encounter when creating a hand-drawn/animated world. Why would you limit art to the boundaries of our - by comparison - boring reality?

PositiveEmotions

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
again, that's not the reason why people are skeptic. Using 'amine' as a blanket term to assume its all the same is lazy on your part.

Avatar and spiderman are both comics and cartoons yet only spider man turned out movies after decades of sh!t ones.

GITS has more in common with, the matrix, or tactical espionage movies than it does with naruto.
No, you have to consider the anime individually. One with a realistic/futuristic tone is easier to do than a fantasy. Just because they're both anime doesn't mean they can be adapted with the same difficulty.
Your assuming is going to be bad simply cause one bad Hollywood movie that is like saying one avengers that is bad there all gonna be bad or that one episode of Pokemon is good there all gonna be good.

That logic is just close minded.

Anime =/= Anime

Anime with more realistic artstyle and setting, such as Death Note do work a lot better as "live action movies", because they already are similar to real life looking stuff. Anime like DB or Naruto would need hell of a lot expensive CGI in order to look not pitifully ugly. And no company will put so much effort and money into a big risk, a niche product.

Imagine how characters like Jiraiya, Naruto, Sasuke, Madara or Kaguya would look with real people. Their hair would be super ugly, similar to how bad the anime-shaped realistic hair in Final Fantasy looks. Or they would look like in the Boruto-manga, which is equally bad. Then, besides the characters, you need to think about the world in which the story takes place. Villages, other places, animals and jutsu. Jutsu would probably be the ugliest part of a real life movie. Look at how pitiful the execution of Ki in DB Evolution was. Even with Michael Bay animation, it would suck visually. The way they animated the 4 elements in the "The Last Airbender" movie (CGI) would be realistic for a Naruto live-action movie. And now don't tell me you think that looks good.

Now lets look past the visuals. What about the story? Which part of Naruto do you want to put into a 1,5 hour movie? How is that supposed to work out? That's also one of the reasons why a The Last of Us movie will most likely suck, even though I dearly love the game. Not all stories are made for movies.

Why do people even want live-action movies? Drawn and animated fantasy worlds usually are way more appealing than their live-action counterparts. CGI is way more expensive and sets limits that you simply do not encounter when creating a hand-drawn/animated world. Why would you limit art to the boundaries of our - by comparison - boring reality?
Oh they can make it work trust me all the things that Hollywood made things work Naruto is no different I mean Ghost in the Shell is way more futuristic and is some weird carp there too yet they made it work.

Hells kenshin worked lol so did deathnote and speed racers and among many other animes.

Hells mere fans can do it

All that is fan made just imagine what Hollywood can do they might do Naruto justice :)

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
hmm, i get how youre feeling. people lack optimism its not a bad thing to have

but this is probably gonna be bad, i just dont see it adding up to be a good movie. i also didnt like the naruto story too much. they move pretty fast when fighting and hand signs for jutsu, substitution log and smoke. i can just see it being so cheesy but maybe ill be proven wrong

CornyRainbow

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No one is trying to see another movie with a bunch of white people butchering it again. And some animes should not touch movies. Leave it animated. You could make a movie out of Clannad but Tokyo Ghoul? No.

PositiveEmotions

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
hmm, i get how youre feeling. people lack optimism its not a bad thing to have

but this is probably gonna be bad, i just dont see it adding up to be a good movie. i also didnt like the naruto story too much. they move pretty fast when fighting and hand signs for jutsu, substitution log and smoke. i can just see it being so cheesy but maybe ill be proven wrong
People have been wrong like crazy this year lol.

No one is trying to see another movie with a bunch of white people butchering it again. And some animes should not touch movies. Leave it animated. You could make a movie out of Clannad but Tokyo Ghoul? No.
I do and some people are actually are excited for it like the open minded anime fans :)